Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:59:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  US Elections 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Elections 2004  (Read 39179 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 09, 2004, 03:39:17 AM »

Digme,

You're welcome to whatever opinion you wish, but so am I. I'm not going to change my opinion about the UN or who I will vote for in the Presidential race. I think it would be a huge mistake to ever have a vote about the UN because it would be replaced by a pig farm. We can simply agree to disagree.

The UN is corrupt to the core, and we only have a few real allies in the whole mess. The US and those few allies pay the bills and carry the load, especially when there is something difficult to do. The vast majority of the UN is nothing but fair weather friends who would stab you in the back for 10 cents, and they have. I would guess about 70% of the US population feels the same way, and they are also welcome to form their own opinions.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: October 09, 2004, 06:48:15 AM »

Quotes from digme:
if you make any thing that a man says and does, or mock an institution as ridiculous and useless, chances are you have not completely understood it.

Conversely, it could be because you DO understand it!  Smiley

I want to ask you one question, and all of you Republican Christians:

How come an enormous majority of African-Americans would never ever vote for the Republican party?

"These data points are of historic significance not only for the comprehensive nature of the survey, but also for the issues clearly identified for both Democrats and Republicans to note as the elections draw closer," said Pamela Gentry, BET NIGHTLY NEWS Washington Bureau Chief and Senior Producer. "There are some clear warning signs that the Democrats should heed, and not assume rampant support from African Americans in November based simply on traditional voting patterns."

"African American voters express widespread negative views of President Bush. But this is not much different from black voters' views of George H.W. Bush or Ronald Reagan when they were president."

"African Americans generally feel the Democratic Party reaches out to them, though about one-third believe the party takes black voters for granted."

"This BET/CBS News Poll confirms that African American voters are continuing in their traditional Democratic voting patterns..."

"African Americans have historically supported Democratic candidates by large margins;"

"Three quarters of black voters identify themselves as Democrats."

i would guess about 70-80% of the African-American population goes to church every sunday?

"Religion is extremely important to many black voters - more important than it is to voters overall. 41% of African American voters say they attend religious services every week, and an additional 12% say they attend almost every week."
"There are some differences according to age and gender. Among African American voters, women are more likely than men to attend religious services each week; 45% of black women voters attend services each week, compared to 35% of black voters who are men. Older voters attend more frequently than younger ones."

The margin of error for this survey is plus or minus three percentage points for results based on the entire sample. That means that 95 times out of a hundred, the results are within three percentage points of what they would be if the entire universe of African Americans were interviewed.

Source: BET (Black Entertainment Television); CBS News

digme
« Reply #347 on: October 09, 2004, 07:34:47 AM »

Quotes from digme:
if you make any thing that a man says and does, or mock an institution as ridiculous and useless, chances are you have not completely understood it.

Conversely, it could be because you DO understand it!  Smiley
unfortunately i don't think you got the point- the point being one has to respect the rationale given to explain a problem... if anything there is always going to be a thought pattern that stems from some type of a deeper problem or issue... hence, you can never fully make a joke or mockery out of the things i listed above....

I want to ask you one question, and all of you Republican Christians:

How come an enormous majority of African-Americans would never ever vote for the Republican party?

"These data points are of historic significance not only for the comprehensive nature of the survey, but also for the issues clearly identified for both Democrats and Republicans to note as the elections draw closer," said Pamela Gentry, BET NIGHTLY NEWS Washington Bureau Chief and Senior Producer. "There are some clear warning signs that the Democrats should heed, and not assume rampant support from African Americans in November based simply on traditional voting patterns."

"African American voters express widespread negative views of President Bush. But this is not much different from black voters' views of George H.W. Bush or Ronald Reagan when they were president."

"African Americans generally feel the Democratic Party reaches out to them, though about one-third believe the party takes black voters for granted."

"This BET/CBS News Poll confirms that African American voters are continuing in their traditional Democratic voting patterns..."

"African Americans have historically supported Democratic candidates by large margins;"

"Three quarters of black voters identify themselves as Democrats."

i would guess about 70-80% of the African-American population goes to church every sunday?

"Religion is extremely important to many black voters - more important than it is to voters overall. 41% of African American voters say they attend religious services every week, and an additional 12% say they attend almost every week."
"There are some differences according to age and gender. Among African American voters, women are more likely than men to attend religious services each week; 45% of black women voters attend services each week, compared to 35% of black voters who are men. Older voters attend more frequently than younger ones."

The margin of error for this survey is plus or minus three percentage points for results based on the entire sample. That means that 95 times out of a hundred, the results are within three percentage points of what they would be if the entire universe of African Americans were interviewed.

Source: BET (Black Entertainment Television); CBS News

how many African-Americans actually watch the BET news? the other question i have for you is that, my question still is not answered... i still want an answer... this is something a politician would do... whenever a question is asked, throw some statistics as if to say, data equals solution or explanation... are you implying my stats are wrong? are you implying the African-American population will not vote for the Democratic ticket? If you are implying both, i want you to do yourself a favor next time you are in your car- tune in you know to one of those stations you consider foreign to your taste of music.... it will open your eyes...

BUT my point i was trying to make has already been confirmed again by Brother Tom... i do sincerely like him.... unfortunately, the saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks... unfortunately, for most of the grassroot repulican christian base, it is more of, "you can't teach a dog with brains and critical ability new tricks since he really does not want to learn them at all, albeit the comparison between the old and new, is not even worth the effort to investigate what really holds water..."    
IT IS EXTREMELY MIND BOGGLING TO ME- when a Christian,(you see the secular mind works differently)   can never have that soft questioning heart that is humbled to realize God's control and an attiude of love for Truth where he would be questioning things at the least.  So mind boggling.  Even Jesus Christ refers to this type of heart hardening in Luke 7.  

We won't most probably pay the price for Truth... but as surely as God is my witness, our youngesters will... they have begun already to do so!

REMEMBER:  Jesus Christ will always contradict us the way we experience ourselves as live... and if you think the political process is segmented or disjointed from this statement think again, why we need politics in the first place(sin).  Personally as i said before, don't really have a preference who gets voted.  WHAT CONCERNS ME THOUGH IS THE THOUGHT THAT WE WOULD LIKE TO PAVE A WAY THROUGH OUR WAYS, HANDS AND POLITICAL MEANS AND CALL IT GOD's WAY... WHAT A LIE!   A shrewed man said at one time:

The pagan wants to come to the throne of God his/her own way. - It doesn't work
THe christian in these times- they make their own way with their own means and call to show others that, that is God's way...

I leave the judgement up to those of you who are christians of which one is worse off (SUBJECTIVELY speaking of being condemned.)
Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: October 09, 2004, 10:28:02 AM »

Posted by Digme

if you make any thing that a man says and does, or mock an institution as ridiculous and useless, chances are you have not completely understood it.  If you really were to tell the truth, and i asked you, have you ever been outside of the United States of America and gone to any country where the UN has been?

First thing i have been outside of the united states i went on a missonary trip in 1988 to Juarez Mexico.

I do understand what the UN is about they were involved with the Oil For Food Scam and Canada was there Main supporter. Also there foundations are based on Anti Semetic Roots and always have been against Israel and the United States.. Also just last week Israelis spied on this particular UN vehicle  these arabs were placing a i believe it was a missle inside the UN vehicle. Thankfully the Israeli military caught them in time and destroyed the vehicle with a missle.

Michael Grin
digme
« Reply #349 on: October 09, 2004, 11:20:24 AM »

i want to ask you how old you are, and my other question is do you really want to discuss this with an open heart, or am i going to waste my breathe and time by writing? i would like an answer for what was written as a response i thought was a bit shallow and not well-thought.  I wonder what you are thinking, for INTENT WILL ALWAYS PRECEDE CONTENT....
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 09, 2004, 04:41:33 PM »

i want to ask you how old you are, and my other question is do you really want to discuss this with an open heart, or am i going to waste my breathe and time by writing? i would like an answer for what was written as a response i thought was a bit shallow and not well-thought.  I wonder what you are thinking, for INTENT WILL ALWAYS PRECEDE CONTENT....

Hello Digme,

If you are asking me, I'm in my late 50s. How old are you? You've already refereed to me as an old dog who can't be taught new tricks. I would simply say   Grin.

There is nothing Holy about the UN, so mockery doesn't apply. In fact, the UN is the opposite of Holy. Folks are most welcome to form whatever opinion they wish, and many are undecided. Undecided or not, most Americans are very concerned about the corruption of the UN, who pays the bills, and which members come close to do what the UN was formed to do.

There are also many people who have not decided how they will vote in the Presidential elections. I have decided who I will vote for - George W. Bush. I am a very informed voter, but you imply that I must have made up my mind in an old dog, close-minded manner. I guess that your way of thinking would conclude I had to be an old dog, close-minded person to choose George W. Bush. This is America and you can form whatever opinion you wish about me and any subject you choose to form an opinion about.

I'm a Christian, so all of my decisions are heavily influenced by morals and Biblical values. As an individual, I will not be changing the way I make decisions. I took a hard look at the Constitution Party for that very reason. If part of their platform were changed and I thought they had a chance, I would seriously consider the Constitution Party. The President can't get anything done without "Yes" votes in the House and the Senate. This would be a very serious problem for the Constitution Party and was part of my decision to vote for George W. Bush. Other than some platform changes, I would love to see Constitution Party candidates in all political positions around the country.

Love In Christ,
Tom

digme
« Reply #351 on: October 09, 2004, 09:17:28 PM »

taught new tricks. I would simply say   Grin.

There is nothing Holy about the UN, so mockery doesn't apply. In fact, the UN is the opposite of Holy. Folks are most welcome to form whatever opinion they wish, and many are undecided. Undecided or not, most Americans are very concerned about the corruption of the UN, who pays the bills, and which members come close to do what the UN was formed to do.

There are also many people who have not decided how they will vote in the Presidential elections. I have decided who I will vote for - George W. Bush. I am a very informed voter, but you imply that I must have made up my mind in an old dog, close-minded manner. I guess that your way of thinking would conclude I had to be an old dog, close-minded person to choose George W. Bush. This is America and you can form whatever opinion you wish about me and any subject you choose to form an opinion about.

I'm a Christian, so all of my decisions are heavily influenced by morals and Biblical values. As an individual, I will not be changing the way I make decisions. I took a hard look at the Constitution Party for that very reason. If part of their platform were changed and I thought they had a chance, I would seriously consider the Constitution Party. The President can't get anything done without "Yes" votes in the House and the Senate. This would be a very serious problem for the Constitution Party and was part of my decision to vote for George W. Bush. Other than some platform changes, I would love to see Constitution Party candidates in all political positions around the country.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Sir, you were the one who were making fun of candidates as if there was nothing good that could come out of Kerry. And by the way, most of you, do exactly the same... all you have to do is read the pages where Kerry has been called "skerry" and all the name calling.  Oh, my adage was not an insult.  It is an implied metaphor for a mind that does not even want to ask hard question.  I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN YOU QUESTION Bush's policies as much as you do criticize Kerry's.  ANd to make the matters worse, there were absolute lies of how Edwards is a scumbag, just a typical lawyer, when truth is far from that as it was written in the TIMES magazine.  The guy is a saint in the form of goodness he has performed for people that were not able to afford lawyers.  
The age question was not for you Tom for it was a refernce to my concern for the depth of thought presented.

IF EVER ANYTHING I WOULD LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND TOM,

My concern really is not with the candidates.  AGAIN, I HAVE TRIED AND TRIED AND YELLED AND SHOUTED ABOUT THIS EVERY TIME I HAVE POSTED.. I don't LIKE Kerry for the moral standards he has just as same as I don't like Bush for the Pride and arrogance he displays as if that is a display of strength.  My question is though, to people here who post stuff with mocerky, and half-wit, half-slander, with sarcasm and when things get testy, a defiant dogmatic one-liners, when all along they were fliriting with truth- i.e, slanted truth that suited fit their ideology and stance.
Tom, You have not understood me yet, and i am beginning to think, will you ever? i mean, i thought what i said would, and should have resonated with most christians, here, but all i have heard is the mockery, and name bashing, and character-smearing.  

IT's disappointing and gut wrenching to me that the last of all people who should uphold truth, and a different standard of ways to do things, finally cave in to the same stuff that the world spins itself around to an abyss.  I fear that we are those Israelities who call "Hekal YHW" "HEKAL YHW", even at the moment of danger when truth is on the scaffold. Sad thing, most of you here in this forum, don't even care about it tenderly.

For your information, i am 26, but my guess is that will only give you more reason to be set in your ways and not give what i say a thought.

May the Holy One burn our hearts with humility and love and truth, so that we would be His hands, and feet wherever we go to worship Him in spirit and truth.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 09:21:55 PM by digme » Logged
becky

I'm a really Reba

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 09, 2004, 09:32:37 PM »

We support full inclusion of gay and lesbian families in the life of our nation and seek equal
responsibilities, benefits, and protections for these families. In our country, marriage has been
defined at the state level for 200 years, and we believe it should continue to be defined there. We
repudiate President Bush's divisive effort to politicize the Constitution by pursuing a "Federal
Marriage Amendment." Our goal is to bring Americans together, not drive them apart.

We will defend the dignity of all Americans against those who would undermine it. Because we
believe in the privacy and equality of women, we stand proudly for a woman's right to choose,
consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against
Republican efforts to undermine that right. At the same time, we strongly support family planning
and adoption incentives. Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.

A christian can not support the above quotes from the 2004 democratic platforum.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 10, 2004, 01:13:37 AM »

Hello Digme,

You don't have a clue about the depth of my thoughts and the way I make decisions. You can only speak for yourself and how you make decisions.

You are most welcome to state whatever political opinion you wish, as long as it conforms to the Forum Rules. I, for one, will continue to make fun of Kerry. He has absolutely nothing that I respect or admire. If you wish to tell us how much you love and respect Kerry, go right ahead and do so. If you want to state why President Bush should not be elected, have at it. Just don't expect me to buy it or suggest that anyone with a brain cell in their head would come to the same conclusion you do. Further, a different conclusion than yours does NOT hint at shallow thinking, intellectual inferiority, or not looking at the issues. Feel free to make fun of me and anyone else you want to. You can also call all of us intellectual inferiors - just don't expect us to buy it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 10, 2004, 01:23:28 AM »

We support full inclusion of gay and lesbian families in the life of our nation and seek equal
responsibilities, benefits, and protections for these families. In our country, marriage has been
defined at the state level for 200 years, and we believe it should continue to be defined there. We
repudiate President Bush's divisive effort to politicize the Constitution by pursuing a "Federal
Marriage Amendment." Our goal is to bring Americans together, not drive them apart.

We will defend the dignity of all Americans against those who would undermine it. Because we
believe in the privacy and equality of women, we stand proudly for a woman's right to choose,
consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against
Republican efforts to undermine that right. At the same time, we strongly support family planning

A Christian can not support the above quotes from the 2004 democratic platform.

Hello Becky,

I see that you are new to the forum, so WELCOME!!!!

For me as an individual and a Christian, I can't and won't accept the Democratic platform. I vote for the man or woman, not the party, but I can't tolerate the Democratic platform at all.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: October 10, 2004, 01:25:49 AM »

I just heard tonight, a good joke. But who knows it could happen. That is if she isn't greedy. I wouldn't count on that though..........

Teresa Heinz Kerry will pull all Heinz condiments off, America's shelves if John Kerry isn't elected President.

Now this is okay by me because I don't use Heinz products. Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: October 10, 2004, 06:05:29 AM »

A christian can not support the above quotes from the 2004 democratic platforum.

Hi!  Wink

Good points!

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: October 10, 2004, 06:24:39 AM »

Quotes from digme:
the other question i have for you is that, my question still is not answered... i still want an answer... this is something a politician would do... whenever a question is asked, throw some statistics as if to say, data equals solution or explanation... are you implying my stats are wrong?

Huh I didn't 'throw' stats to avoid an answer. I gave you stats to answer your question ("How come an enormous majority of African-Americans would never ever vote for the Republican party?").  Smiley

are you implying the African-American population will not vote for the Democratic ticket?

Uh?? Did you read the statistics?  Huh

can never have that soft questioning heart that is humbled to realize God's control and an attiude of love for Truth where he would be questioning things at the least.  So mind boggling.  Even Jesus Christ refers to this type of heart hardening in Luke 7.

You may want to re-read your posts. I have.  Smiley

i want you to do yourself a favor next time you are in your car- tune in you know to one of those stations you consider foreign to your taste of music....

As I said; you may need to take the time to actually read what you write.  Smiley What types of music DO I like? What kinds do I refuse to listen to? What nationality am I? What nationality is my husband?

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: October 10, 2004, 06:28:33 AM »

i want to ask you how old you are,...

Followed by:

For your information, i am 26, but my guess is that will only give you more reason to be set in your ways and not give what i say a thought.

Huh

Expose

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2004, 08:04:21 AM »

It's apparent to me that you aren't touching on the biggest and most important subject in this election; The Skull & Bones connection.

Bush & Kerry are third cousins, and both part of an organization that wants to create a One World Government. September 11th was step one into a new intiative to create wars that would drive the world toward a UN resolution for a oen world government.

Iraq has been invaded, and both Bush & Kerry have said Iran is the next target, and North Korea is on the list.

They will both pass the same legislation, they will both start and continue wars, and they will both continue to enslave Americans and strip theri rights with things liekthe Patriot Act.

Their policies are purposely divided down teh middle. You can't support more than half of the polices either one of them holds as a Christian.

What we need to be looking at here is how do we combat our mortal, Satanic enemies that now run most of the major and minor governments. That, or when should we and where should we, be moving ala Revelation, or what should we be doing.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the