Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:19:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Name it & Claim it!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Name it & Claim it!  (Read 3627 times)
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 12:05:48 AM »

Ambassador, my question was a real question. I wasn't just rebuking you through questions - I think that's cruel. So, I'm still waiting for an answer...

-Matt

I do not make the rules on this board and I realize it is up to the admin to run this site in the way he sees fit.
However, I would really appreciate it if we don't turn this into another Catholic thread.
There are other issues of doctrine to discuss and it would be nice to discuss those issues once in a while.
Pretty please with a cherry on top?! Wink

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Lionroar0

I'm a Lion

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2004, 12:37:54 AM »

Hi His child

I am Roman Catholic and i would rather share and witness what God has done for me instead of having to defend my Catholic faith. I agree with you let's not turn this into another catholic bashing thread.

I saw your post child and this is my opinion.  People have a space just for God inside and there are those that recognize this and prey on this natural need of God that everyone has for their own benefit. Cry
His_child

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 01:05:59 AM »

Hi His child

I saw your post child and this is my opinion.  People have a space just for God inside and there are those that recognize this and prey on this natural need of God that everyone has for their own benefit. Cry

Why do you feel that people can't seem to understand that the teachings of folks like Hinn are incorrect and unBiblical?
I think that part (but not all) of it is because they are too lazy to find out the Truth.

Can't invent His deity.
Lionroar0

I'm a Lion

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2004, 01:30:19 AM »

Good question Child

THat could be so. Since now a days there's an overwhelming amount of info on any subject including Christianity.  In my opinion also is that people in general want to believe in something greater then themselves whether it's true of not. We can see that all around us, new age neo paganism, paganism, even most atheist believe in something that they percieve to be greater then themselves. Such Science, Reason, a code of values and/or honor,

I think that's one reason why Jesus calls us sheep. IF the lead sheep runs over a cliff the rest follow. They are not the brightes of animals they need to be lead.

Matt
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2004, 01:32:01 AM »

Pretty please with a cherry on top?! Wink

Alright. Sounds good to me! But make that a maraschino. Grin

-Matt  
His_child

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2004, 01:35:46 AM »

Is it ok to point out the fallacies in these teachings?

Some people claim that it is wrong to point out the doctrinal errors of the Hinns, Couchs, Dollars, etc. of this world because those ministries bring the Gospel to the lost.

Others say that we are commanded to point out those errors.

I honestly wonder what Gospel it is that they are preaching?

Can't invent His deity.
Shwynix

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2004, 02:32:36 AM »

His_Child

Mind pointing out those errors. I've never heard their teachings but i do know people who listen to what they teach on a regular basis.

A visiting pastor at our church visited a recording studio in the USA and he related how they were chatting away about everyday events, cracking jokes and as soon as the countdown began they changed into their glossy smiles and charismatic personalities and all he could think was, "Its all FAAAKE." he did admit that not everyone is a fake. Who is real and who's a fake, i wonder???
emtmedgrl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2004, 10:44:18 AM »

Hey there everyone.  If you are not aware of some of the teachings going on here is a link for more info about the TV preachers, etc.  I would post it all on here, but there is way too many articles on it.
http://www.letusreason.org/WFDir.htm
emtmedgrl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2004, 11:11:57 AM »

I truly believe they are going to have a big part in the end times.  Back in April 2004 Benny Hinn was talking about being a part of the Peace Plan for Israel.  He's also involved in helping them make plans to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem.  Anyway, just my two cents on that topic.
As the years progress the doctrine on their station becomes more deluted.  Their sermons are filled with man made doctrine instead of the doctrine of the Bible.  It is really sad.  There are so many people who follow these people and it changes people... alot of times, not for the good.  A good example of that is my old roommate.  She watched christian television  24 hrs a day.  It was always on constantly in our house and one day she went off the deep end.  She started talking about God wanting her to be rich on this earth and that he didn't put her here to be poor.  (Actually God put us here to spread the good news of the Gospel, not to stack up riches here on earth but to stack up riches in heaven).  She believed everyone had demons.  If she got in a disagreement with someone she would think to herself (and out loud) that that person had demons and rebuke them.  Eventually I had to move.  Her doctrine started to go away from Christ and on to herself and she became very boastful.  It is really scary to see that kind of transformation in someone that used to be a sincere genuine person for Christ.  I pray that one day she will see the truth.
Lionroar0

I'm a Lion

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2004, 11:16:18 AM »

HI child

Personally I see nothing wrong with it. Just have to remember to do it in a loving way.  I'm notsure exactly what they teach but i would say to treat them as a brother and sister in Christ who has gone astray.  Be patient,be kind.

I think that you can find plenty of examples of what not to do in this forum and you can also find examples of people that have agreed to disagreed peacefully and respectfully.

His_child

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2004, 11:23:08 AM »

His_Child

Mind pointing out those errors. I've never heard their teachings but i do know people who listen to what they teach on a regular basis.

A visiting pastor at our church visited a recording studio in the USA and he related how they were chatting away about everyday events, cracking jokes and as soon as the countdown began they changed into their glossy smiles and charismatic personalities and all he could think was, "Its all FAAAKE." he did admit that not everyone is a fake. Who is real and who's a fake, i wonder???

How about Benny Hinn teaching that we are little gods?
How about Joel Olsteen (I think that is how his last name is spelled) preaching sugary sermons on name it and claim it when his own father passed away from cancer. I guess his father (who Joel inherited his ministry from) didn't have enough faith.) ?
I believe there was a nice little incident where Pat Robertson took the money given to him mostly by widows and poor people and bought a race horse.
Paul and Jan Couch teaching that we need to let go of our greed, yet they live in a house much larger and more expensive than most of us will ever dream of living in?

Can't invent His deity.
His_child

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2004, 11:27:27 AM »

HI child

Personally I see nothing wrong with it. Just have to remember to do it in a loving way.  I'm notsure exactly what they teach but i would say to treat them as a brother and sister in Christ who has gone astray.  Be patient,be kind.

I think that you can find plenty of examples of what not to do in this forum and you can also find examples of people that have agreed to disagreed peacefully and respectfully.

So do you think we need to agree to disagree with false teachers?

Can't invent His deity.
Lionroar0

I'm a Lion

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2004, 11:43:04 AM »

His Child

What i'm saying is that one can only push the subject so far and then one will start to push the person away. It doesn't mean to give up. Also if you are talking about convertion is not a person that converts but the Holy Spirit that does it.  It may work through us and it may not. Just as we are open to the Spirit working in and through us we also have to accept that it may choose not to work through us but through someone else, events, and /or scripture to convert a person.  

His_child

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2004, 12:40:23 PM »

So should we let these false teachers keep leading people away?

Can't invent His deity.
Lionroar0

I'm a Lion

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2004, 01:10:06 PM »

His Child

Of course not but we can't make personal decisitions for others. All we can do is share, witness, pray and Love them as Neighbors,brothers and sisters,because God made all human kind.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the