Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:48:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Gay Christian priests: A contradiction in terms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gay Christian priests: A contradiction in terms  (Read 4017 times)
SinkSF

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 11:39:14 PM »

Sin is sin...I don't know, is there anything else called an "abomination in the eyes of God" in the bible? I'd have to go look it up, and my computer is havin' a nervous breakdown.
Crossdressing is an abomination unto God, though not necessarily an abomination in his eyes.

Gay Christian is a contradiction, let along gay Christian priest

let's just put all of the fags into a rocket ship and shoot them into the sun
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 06:57:43 AM »

Somehow I doubt that's the attitude God would have us display. Pray for them instead. You'd be amazed at what the fervent prayer will accomplish through Christ.

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
SinkSF

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2004, 02:57:40 PM »

God destroyed sodom and gomorrah to set an example for how we should deal with the queer menace
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2004, 04:38:12 PM »

Grin  "judgment and wrath He poored out on Sodom, Mercy and grace he gave us at the cross, I hope that we have not too quickly forgotten that our God is an awesome God."

All you Rich Mullins fans out there--the thing Rich  complained about was folks quoting his songs instead of scriptures   . . .but I couldn't help it.   Grin

Hey how about all those pastors that interpret the scriptures to enforce the curse, "your desire will be toward your husband and he will rule over you" instead of understanding that in the beginning it wasn't God's will for anyone to rule over each other, but their desire be toward the Lord?Huh

If "Sin is Sin" like people try to say, then those pastors that preach "The Curse" is God's way and it's natural and right, are just as ungodly as the gay pastors interpreting the scriptures so they can say that their own homosexual lifestyle is natural and right--justify their own sinful desires--desires to RULE OVER someone in the case of all the pastors that preach that "The Curse" is God's way--aren't any better than pastors that preach whatever they want to justify.  The thing is IT FEELS RIGHT in THEIR OWN EYES they find scriptures to justify their actions and guilt other people into doing the same or at least accepting what they do.

A righteous person once wrote:  "I am a Christian because I have seen the love of God LIVED OUT in the lives of people WHO KNOW HIM.  The Word has become flesh and I have encountered God in the people who have manifested (in many "unreasonable" ways) His presense--a presence that is more than convincing--it is a presence that is compellling.  I am a Christian, not because someone explained the nuts and bolts of Christianity to me, but because there were people who were willing to BE the nuts and bolts.  Through their obedience to the truth and not necessarily through their explanation of it, they held it together so that I could experience it and be compelled to obey."

There will always be preachers out there preaching this and that.  But folks learn about God through how we behave.  
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 04:56:01 PM by Candice Cavalier » Logged

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2004, 05:07:25 PM »

God destroyed sodom and gomorrah to set an example for how we should deal with the queer menace

Now now, We are Not to Judge anyone!  Pray for them, Love them, help them Know Jesus.  After all, He (Jesus) is the Only Way Truth and Life.

Calling Names can hurt people, so please watch how you use them. People that think calling People Names don't hurt, Need to Check themselves with God once again, and See His Love for Everyone, that's Why He sent Jesus to Die for All our sins, for Everyone on this Planet He (God) Created.

Remember to Judge Not Lest Thou Be Judged!!

Praise Jesus for Today & Everyday!!

Blessings,  \o/

KristiAnn

Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2004, 06:12:32 PM »

Not even close!
God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sins.  We are to pray for them.  Love your enemies.  Pray for those who persecute you.  Keep on reading!  You may have missed something.   Smiley

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2004, 06:36:06 PM »

candice , said

There will always be preachers out there preaching this and that.  But folks learn about God through how we behave.  

i say amen Wink
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2004, 08:27:26 PM »

Yea!  What Butcha said Candice said!  Yea!
Amen again!

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2004, 08:45:51 PM »

author=SinkSF link=board=22;threadid=4299;

Ever heard this term;

People in Glass Houses should not throw Rocks!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 08:46:48 PM by KristiAnn » Logged

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2004, 08:51:44 PM »

People in Glass Houses should not throw Rocks!
Another good one:
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2004, 12:05:21 AM »

But aren't we so fortunate that He sent Jesus Christ who showed mercy and grace?!
Otherwise we'd all be doomed.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2004, 01:40:53 AM »

sink quote...
Crossdressing is an abomination unto God, though not necessarily an abomination in his eyes.

Gay Christian is a contradiction, let along gay Christian priest

Going once!...

His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2004, 01:44:30 AM »

Grin  "judgment and wrath He poored out on Sodom, Mercy and grace he gave us at the cross, I hope that we have not too quickly forgotten that our God is an awesome God."

All you Rich Mullins fans out there--the thing Rich  complained about was folks quoting his songs instead of scriptures   . . .but I couldn't help it.   Grin

Candace-
The late Rich Mullins was one of my favorites!
I sure miss his music.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2004, 01:45:54 AM »

sink quote...

Going twice!...

By the way - God also destroyed the entire population of earth, except a few God fearing souls who escaped on an ark...they weren't all homosexuals my sharp tongued friend.

Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Bronzesnake.
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2004, 11:06:55 AM »

I think if there were ten times more people with your opinion that we should send gay people to the moon, God Himself, would have to ordain people with the tendency to be Gay, just so someone will have compassion on the gay people and evangelize so that gay people will get to hear God's word.  It is for THE LOVE OF GOD that Christ died.  So, that sinners come to know the Love of God.  So, that they might turn from their sins, not by turning from sin, but by turning TO God.  

Christ's main priority and the reason for His death was to show people God's love.  God did NOT say, "See those gay people down there, I think I better get a bunch of people to call themselves Christians so they can tell those gay people they're sinners."

If a person says there is no sin in them, they are a liar and the truth is not in them.  At least each one of us and every one of us has to acknowledge we are sinful.  And if we stand around saying that gay people are sinful, we might be able to notice there's by some strange coincidence a common aspect in all of us--that WE ALL have a tendency to sin.  

I think that our outward signs on sin do not have an indication of what our inward heart is like.

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the