Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:43:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  HOW could God create us?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOW could God create us?  (Read 1069 times)
Araith

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2004, 12:32:11 AM »

I've been thinking about this topic for a couple of years now. It's always bothered me when I thought about it.

How could God create us?

I don't mean this literally, but it doesn't make sense to me when I think of the consequences that occure because God created to universe.

If even one of the entire human species had to go to hell, would it be worth it to even create humans?

God knew when he created the universe that he would have to create hell, not by his choice but by ours. But why make it at all if he knew that some of his children would spend eternity without him, in agony and regret?

It's been a stumbling block for me this past year, and I just wanted to know if anyone could help me out on this question.

I hope my wording was understandable, I'll put it in different words if some aren't understanding what I'm trying to say.

~Thanks
Xtreme

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 04:22:09 AM »

Greetings Friends!
     God created us for the same reason we get married, to have a family. However he did not want to just create beings, and make them love Him. He wanted to give us free will to love Him, and obey Him because it was our choice. However, as is shown in our own families, if you do not obey, there must be punishment. Some would say that Hell seems a bit extreme for punishment, but I think God made it to scare people enough to not want to go there. So we see that God has given us plenty of warning as to what happens if we do not love and obey Him. God does not want any of us to go to hell, but then again does any true parent really want to punish their kid. As to why God created hell and satan, is because in order to have free will, one must have at least two choices. I myself think it's an easy decision. It is ok to have stumbling blocks, because once you get over them, you are that much closer to God. We all have have stumbling blocks, some are bigger than others, the bigger ones are usually the hardest to explain. But don't let anyone make you think you're weak for having them, and this is definitely a big stumbling block. I hope I have been of some help to you. Be blessed, and be loved.

Glory To God Most High, Whose Will Live Forever!
Xtreme
iconHis

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 04:36:07 AM »

Amen Xtreme.

You know, Araith, I understand, Smiley but we also must understand that God does loves us.  He knows we sin, and gave us an avenue to escape-Jesus.  He's tried everything from walking with man on earth, dreams, talking to man directly, and I know he's given us the ability to think things out.  We know when we are doing wrong.  So did Satan.  What God created was good, and perfect.  But, Xtreme is right, he really wants us to love Him back.  I want to ask the whole world, can't we just do that for one whole day?  Wouldn't that be like- so amaxing?

There would be no arrests for twenty-four hours.   Grin

HEADS UP Faithful!.... and you are Christ's
                                         and Christ is God's.
                                         1 Cor. 3:23
Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 10:51:32 AM »

I've been thinking about this topic for a couple of years now. It's always bothered me when I thought about it.

How could God create us?

I don't mean this literally, but it doesn't make sense to me when I think of the consequences that occure because God created to universe.

If even one of the entire human species had to go to hell, would it be worth it to even create humans?

God knew when he created the universe that he would have to create hell, not by his choice but by ours. But why make it at all if he knew that some of his children would spend eternity without him, in agony and regret?

It's been a stumbling block for me this past year, and I just wanted to know if anyone could help me out on this question.

I hope my wording was understandable, I'll put it in different words if some aren't understanding what I'm trying to say.

~Thanks
God had to create the darkness in order that the light could be seen, the same as a master painter cannot paint everything in white. The darkness gives definition, outline, and the colors character to the masterpiece. How would the Son's of God shine forth if not for the darkness they shine out of? The risk God took was giving choice, if it could be loosely be considered risk, and those that choose evil or the dark over the light have participated in their own demise and place themselves with satan in the lake of fire.
God still has this loving heart towards His creation in man, but will not supercede man's will, although he knows our choice before we make it. He stands outside of time, and His perspective sees the begining to the end at the time of eternity which is "now". Those that He has seen from the womb as evil, such as Pharoah, God can move them to hardness so that His glory can be known, in that "all things work together for good; to those that love God and are the called according to His purpose". (Romans 8:28)
In my opinion, the choice given in the garden of Eden was where God made man the object of His love, as special in all His creation for fellowship as family. Our short stay in this earth is where we develope and learn Agape love, faith, and commitment towards God. Our characters in faith are refined and brought forth a pure gold - precious to God.
Your reference to His children - remember when Jesus told some that they were of their father the devil? Because God has given us life does not make us His children. He has given us the power to become Sons of God -

Joh 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 8:44  For you are the children of your father the Devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning and has always hated the truth. There is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Pe 3:9  The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so he is giving more time for everyone to repent.

Ro 9:22  What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Hosea 11:10  They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the