Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:39:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Answered Prayer (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Unanswered prayers...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unanswered prayers...  (Read 2092 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2004, 05:35:40 AM »

Unanswered prayers...
and the secret of contentment

Paul writes in Philippians 4:12-13

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

How did he learn the secret of contentment? Of being content even when "hungry" or "in want"?

It went back a number of years to an experience that he tells about in 2 Corinthians 12:7-8 when he had a need in his life. He pleaded with the Lord three times to remove that thorn in his flesh.

And the Lord's answer was ... No!

Instead of taking away Paul's problem, as Paul had prayed, the Lord said to him, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

So Paul then says, "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9).

In the administration of God's grace that the Lord Jesus revealed to the Apostle Paul, He does not promise to fix all our problems. There is no promise like in the gospels where the Lord promised Israel that "whatever you ask in faith you shall receive."

Read through all of Paul's letters where he writes about the administration of God's grace that the Lord Jesus revealed to him for us today, and you never read a promise like 'whatever you ask in faith you'll receive.' Here is the answer to the problem of unanswered prayers today. Claiming a promise that wasn't made to us.

Today, under grace, we have the promise of "grace and power" (2 Corinthians 12:Cool sufficient for any problem in our lives, and the Lord Jesus wants us to learn this secret of contentment. Not that He will fix all our problems or "move all our mountains" out of our way, no matter how much faith we may have, but that He is our strength.

"I can do everything through Christ who constantly strengthens me!" Have you learned the secret? Do you know God's Grace For Today?

From Web-Site: Grace For Today
http://www.gracefortoday.org/

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 10:50:09 AM »

I don’t believe in “unanswered prayers” in the literal sense.  (Which I believe is what your post alludes to.)  That would be too much like being “ignored” by God.  But as is said above, God does say “No”.
I try to never say a prayer without including “Lord, your will be done”.  His will is not my will.  His will can only result in righteousness, where as my will could result in sin.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 11:06:58 AM by JudgeNot » Logged

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 06:06:10 PM »

Unanswered prayers...
and the secret of contentment

Paul writes in Philippians 4:12-13

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

How did he learn the secret of contentment? Of being content even when "hungry" or "in want"?

It went back a number of years to an experience that he tells about in 2 Corinthians 12:7-8 when he had a need in his life. He pleaded with the Lord three times to remove that thorn in his flesh.

And the Lord's answer was ... No!

Instead of taking away Paul's problem, as Paul had prayed, the Lord said to him, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

So Paul then says, "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9).

In the administration of God's grace that the Lord Jesus revealed to the Apostle Paul, He does not promise to fix all our problems. There is no promise like in the gospels where the Lord promised Israel that "whatever you ask in faith you shall receive."

Read through all of Paul's letters where he writes about the administration of God's grace that the Lord Jesus revealed to him for us today, and you never read a promise like 'whatever you ask in faith you'll receive.' Here is the answer to the problem of unanswered prayers today. Claiming a promise that wasn't made to us.

Today, under grace, we have the promise of "grace and power" (2 Corinthians 12:Cool sufficient for any problem in our lives, and the Lord Jesus wants us to learn this secret of contentment. Not that He will fix all our problems or "move all our mountains" out of our way, no matter how much faith we may have, but that He is our strength.

"I can do everything through Christ who constantly strengthens me!" Have you learned the secret? Do you know God's Grace For Today?

From Web-Site: Grace For Today
http://www.gracefortoday.org/

Cheesy
A thought I had.... when things are going really well we tend to rely on our own steam and think that we did all by ourselves. When we hit the bottom we turn to God.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 06:57:01 AM »

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the