Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:35:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  <:)))><
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: <:)))><  (Read 15655 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2004, 06:03:42 AM »

This Is Your Weekley Reminder:

EAT FISH TODAY, IT IS FRIDAY  

NO MEAT!!!!

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Reba
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2004, 09:47:57 AM »

I got it Michael thank you.  What you have posted reads to me like a serious case of justification. I will not contiune in this line of thought because  i read you as double talk and i am sure double talk is not what you believe you are posting.
reba i wish you would go on , and not stop their, so i might see what your thinking. for michael has me sold , you think hes wrong why? you always seem to have good thoughts.
Flatery? Ya for sure if i talk long enough my foot fits nicely in my mouth  Cheesy  Thanks  butcha  I dont mind discussing the subject. i  move quickly to personal attacks  so i try to becarefull. We are working  on the house at this time  i do hope to have some thinking time soon...
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2004, 10:18:18 PM »

I had fish on Saturday, did I goof?  Grin
My neighbor caught some Sturgeon, gave me a small chunk, enough to feed 5!  Cheesy
I suppose Sturgeon is an unclean meat, it even has the texture of pork.  Wink
I like Spurgeon, er,  woops -- Sturgeon.  Grin OK I like both.
He didn't give me any caviar though.  Cry

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2004, 07:34:03 PM »

Yes people error but the Church was told by Christ that it would not error in matters of doctrine.

Can you please share your scrtipture quote, for the above.

I already did in paraphrased form but I will be glad to quote it directly.

Mat 16:19  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

and again in the following to all of the Apostles

Mat 18:18  Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The Apostles as leaders of the Church on earth were given the authority to make binding decisions on earth that would be upheld in heaven (actually the tense of the Greek in the verse is that these bindings and loosing were already made in heaven).  The only way this could be so is if someone protected them from making a mistake on these issues, the only someone that can do that is God.

Is what inspired of God?  The Sacraments?  Yes since Jesus instituted them.  The liturgical priesthood?  Yes, since it performs the sacraments.  The Church?  Yes since it was promised protection from error by Jesus.

Have any of the liturgical priesthood errored?

Yes most definitely, that is no protected from error by the promise as it is not a doctrinal issue taught by the authority of the Church.  Liturgical priests are humans and will error even on issues of doctrine, only the Church or one speaking with authority for the Church is protected from error (and then only in matters of doctrine).  Even the Popes errors (probably every day).  The only time he is protected from error is when he speaks ex cathedra and makes a doctrinal pronouncement for the Church.  That has only happened three times in the past 200 years.
And so when was it discerned and announced that what Christ gave to His chosen apostles would also be given to popes. What scripture is used for this?

Support your local Christian.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2004, 09:31:51 PM »

i ate fish all weekend, went to maine for the 4th.  was a beach bum, makeing sand castle fool. Cool
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2004, 06:39:10 PM »

i ate fish all weekend, went to maine for the 4th.  was a beach bum, makeing sand castle fool. Cool
LOL! Your brain must be perked and raring to go. Fish is a brain food or so all the old wives have told it.

Grin

Ollie

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2004, 07:01:00 PM »

Yes people error but the Church was told by Christ that it would not error in matters of doctrine.

Can you please share your scrtipture quote, for the above.

I already did in paraphrased form but I will be glad to quote it directly.

Mat 16:19  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

and again in the following to all of the Apostles

Mat 18:18  Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The Apostles as leaders of the Church on earth were given the authority to make binding decisions on earth that would be upheld in heaven (actually the tense of the Greek in the verse is that these bindings and loosing were already made in heaven).  The only way this could be so is if someone protected them from making a mistake on these issues, the only someone that can do that is God.

Is what inspired of God?  The Sacraments?  Yes since Jesus instituted them.  The liturgical priesthood?  Yes, since it performs the sacraments.  The Church?  Yes since it was promised protection from error by Jesus.

Have any of the liturgical priesthood errored?

Yes most definitely, that is no protected from error by the promise as it is not a doctrinal issue taught by the authority of the Church.  Liturgical priests are humans and will error even on issues of doctrine, only the Church or one speaking with authority for the Church is protected from error (and then only in matters of doctrine).  Even the Popes errors (probably every day).  The only time he is protected from error is when he speaks ex cathedra and makes a doctrinal pronouncement for the Church.  That has only happened three times in the past 200 years.
And so when was it discerned and announced that what Christ gave to His chosen apostles would also be given to popes. What scripture is used for this?

That was based on the scriptural instruction to pass on the presbytery through laying on of hands and the example of the Council of Jerusalem making a doctrinal decision for the entire Church.  For both the Pope and the Councils have this authority.  It also come from a logical review of all of scripture.  For the Church to be the pillar and ground of truth someone within it must have the power to speak authoritatively on what this truth is.

There are two instances in scripture where the authority to bind and loose were given.  One was to Peter alone and the other was to the Apostles as a group.  This is significant to show that not all Bishops received the authority on their own (but only as group) while Peter (with his primacy) recieved it alone.  The other significance in this comparison is that Peter was also given the keys to the kingdom of heaven while the others were not.  These two difference make it clear that Peter was given special authorities and together with the instruction to pass on the priesthood through laying on of hands gives these special authorities to his successor.  That is why throughout the history of the Church the Bishop of Rome was seen as having a primacy.
Thanks for that information.

"keys to the kingdom of heaven"

Matthew 16:19.  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven:......

I do have one question. Is there a difference between to and of ? Peter was given the keys of the kingdom not to the kingdom. Does that change anything in the meaning of that verse?
Most of us in Christ's church know the keys of the kingdom to be the gospel or the good news of Jesus Christ which Peter first preached, after Christ's going into heaven, on the day of pentacost as revealed in Acts 2.

Ollie

« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 07:10:24 PM by ollie » Logged

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2004, 08:46:21 AM »

Your Thursday WARNING Buy your "FISH" TODAY

Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2004, 03:53:49 AM »

NO MEAT!!!!

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2004, 11:28:16 AM »

NO MEAT!!!!

<Smiley))><

I didn't think you ate fish.  Not that you have ever said so, it is just that fish is brain food and I have seen your posts so naturally I assumed...   Grin
Good answer,  Wink

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2004, 05:58:53 PM »

Wink

Well, I've officially eaten 10 pounds of fish since this article was first posted, and I'm not any smarter then I was before.

So, I will hold on tightly to my belief that Christ's death on the cross will let the Holy Spirit reign in our hearts and God still forgives us for not knowing everything.   Grin

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2004, 12:01:17 AM »

Well, I've officially eaten 10 pounds of fish since this article was first posted, and I'm not any smarter then I was before.
 Which is why surf AND turf is the REAL brain-food!
 Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2004, 04:44:08 PM »

Wink

So, I will hold on tightly to my belief that Christ's death on the cross will let the Holy Spirit reign in our hearts and God still forgives us for not knowing everything.   Grin

Fish is not a miracle worker you know.  Grin

I don't know - can we even discuss eating fish anymore?
Fish today probably have too much mercury contamination weighing the brain of the eater down.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2004, 04:54:48 PM »

NO MEAT!!!!

<Smiley))><

This shows how little you actually understand.   First off Catholics don't fast from meat every friday, Just in Lent.  (Many protestants do it then too you know)

However, The Orthodox do fast nearly every friday.  Wedensday too.  And our Monastics on Moday as well.  However we are not able to eat fish on those days either.  We absatin from the food of animals who were once alive, since the diet in Eden was a vegan diet.  We basically eat like Vegans on wedensday and friday, and in many other fast periods during the year, such as Lent, The Apostles fast (Which we just got out of) andthe fast of the Dormission of ofthe Theotokos.  We abstain from food to overcome our passions.  The easiest to overcome is the passion for easting.

Now trhat you kind of know something about fasting, you will stop making idiotic comments on it.    
Matthew 6:16.  Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
 17.  But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
 18.  That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2004, 06:59:26 PM »

I don't know - can we even discuss eating fish anymore?

You're a pretty funny guy for a [content sensored].  Lips Sealed
 Grin Grin

Humor: The best medicine (next to Jesus).  Smiley

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the