Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:50:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Let's make this a forum solely for christians!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's make this a forum solely for christians!  (Read 3574 times)
homie

Halal Yahve!

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2004, 06:06:26 PM »

Why are atheists drawn to these christian forums? If you are frequent posters in christians forums such as this I think you know the answer. 99.9% of the Atheists who visit christian forums come to mock us and God. I just want to find one, just one christian forum where I can converse and share with christian brethren and sisters without some atheist with his blasphemous statements, mocking God, and mocking/ridiculing us for believing in Him and His Word. Is this too much to ask?

I say we permanently ban every member who is not a christian. I know many will say things such as:
1. Perhaps they come here seeking God and truth
2. We want to welcome everybody
3. Wouldn't that be a bit fundamentalist and undemocratic?
4. etc...

To that I say, there are plenty of forums, actually every christian forum I've found accepts atheist posters. So where does that leave us? The Atheists have plenty of christian forums to choose from, but the christians have not a single refuge, not a single sanctuary to get away from the mocking and seek advice and intelligent debate!

Let this be forum the forum solely for christians. The first on the net! What do you say people?
Pinky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 06:18:56 PM »

I don't agree. I don't think God or Jesus would either - sorry, I don't want to sound like I'm condemning you at all! I just think that if Jesus was alive today he would want to spend more time with unbelievers than with the people who are already saved. Afterall, we aren't supposed to keep our faith hidden under a bushel. lets not be selfish, but share it with everyone.

If atheists want to come here to try and disprove christianity, let us let them try. But remember that with God on our side nobody can beat us down!

I'd like to post these 2 verses:

If God Is for us who can be against us? Romans 8:31

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1Peter 3:15

Marie,
from the land of Lions and Tigers!
Samuel

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 07:01:19 PM »

Sorry homie but I agree with Pinky here. Let atheists tell whatever they think...if you really feel offended by a comment you can either:

a)Tell this person that you feel offended

or

b)Ignore the person

But if they just want to mock they will eventually go away if you show them that you are not affected by their commentaries, but if you state that you get angry with every single commentary then they will continue to do it.
homie

Halal Yahve!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 07:14:02 PM »

I expected such answers to my post, see:
I know many will say things such as:
1. Perhaps they come here seeking God and truth
2. We want to welcome everybody
3. Wouldn't that be a bit fundamentalist and undemocratic?
4. etc...
But if you would please read and reflect over what I've written you couldn't honestly have written that reply. Although you are well-meaning, you won't get away from this fact:
The Atheists have plenty of christian forums to choose from, but the christians have not a single refuge, not a single sanctuary to get away from the mocking and seek advice and intelligent debate!
And you know that what I am saying is supported by the Bible, I could dig up the verses but you probably know them anyhow. Be honest, do i sound like I am against missionary, don't you think I want to spread the word as well? You know this isn't about "keeeping the word to ourselves", it is about christians coming together without the darkness of atheists ruining the good athmosphere, causing strife and unhappiness.

God wants christians joining together without the influence of the infidels, he also wants us to mingle and be in the World with the infidels, bringing them the good news. These are not contradictory, because one can seek sanctuary with christians one day and be out in the world preaching or whatever the next day, you get it?  Smiley
Samuel

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 07:42:55 PM »

Heh...Just a couple of points that draw my attention:

1. I do read your whole post.
2."Infidels"? Since when someone that doesn't believes in Jesus Christ gets the name of infidel?
3.The phrase "be out in the world preaching or whatever the next day" sounds a bit strange.

Oh and just a verse to finish this post:

1 Corinthians 5
10   Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
homie

Halal Yahve!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 08:10:59 AM »

Samuel, why the harsh attitude? I don't understand why a supposed brother would behave like this towards a fellow brother, I just don't get it.

Samuel
Oh and just a verse to finish this post
The tone through your post is not that of love. And if you have problems with my suggestion, why don't you give me some constructive criticism instead of trying to find something in my post to bash. What is the point of that? Why haven't you answered the very points of my argument instead of attacking use of words such as infidel (which is a viable expression by the way:
2Corinthians 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
1Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.) But let us not get caught up in details that have nothing to do with the suggestion I posed in the 1st post.

You all seem to think that starting ONE christian forum just for christians means the end of missionary/evangelism work, or that we should never interact with infidels, I have already explained several times that this is not the intent yet you persist on using it as an argument. When it clearly has been rebuked. Why? I don't see brothers coming togehter to find a good answer, I see people trying to insult my case simply because they don't agree with it, and clearly have problems explaining what the problem with my suggestion really is.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 10:50:02 AM »

How, exactly, do you propose to define Christian, and find out who does and who doesn't meet that definition?

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
I_Believe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 11:43:16 AM »

Athiests are not permitted to post their views on this forum.

Just report them to the moderator.

Forum Rules:

"...Disrespect, mockery, or blasphemy of Almighty God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Holy Bible, and Christianity are not permitted here. This would include the user name, anything in the user's profile, anything the user might post, and links to other sites that contain such material. Prohibited material obviously includes cursing, profanity, and "fill-in-the-blank" messages that suggest this material. Prohibited material also includes promotion or defense of alternate lifestyles, other religions, atheism, humanism, or other beliefs that are contrary to the teachings of the Holy Bible. Material of such types will be edited or deleted and the user may be banned. These and other rules posted by the Administrator of Christians Unite are final and not subject to debate...."

Grace and peace to you.

Religion is like a coconut.  You must break through the husk of man's traditions to get to the sweet milk & meat of the gospel of Christ.

These people draw near to me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips...in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine rules made by men.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 12:00:56 PM »

I have seen on a Christian forum before people that were interested in becomeing saved and then other people that were trying to persuade that person that Christians are just trying to scare them into their religion.  In the end some of the people that were trying to lead the people away from being saved became interested themselves.  How do we know how God is going to use this forum or any other forum?  If someone is an atheist or just lost and they get a bad first impression of Christianity then they might be pushed away.  If we make a forum that not all is welcome then they will think that we are trying to be better then them.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 12:17:47 PM »

Why not ask the moderator if he will make one page where you can discuss with other Christians exclusively?

That way, we can still be open to leading the lost, and those who wish to have an uninterrupted conversation with their fellow Christians from time to time, may do so.
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 01:47:14 PM »

How, exactly, do you propose to define Christian, and find out who does and who doesn't meet that definition?

Ebia:
      I know I don't agree with you much but on we agree. There are many definitions for Christian.

1. Curch membership.
                 2.  Jehovahs witnesses say they are the only Christians.
                 3. Mormons claim to be Christian.
                 4. Than what about the ones that claim that just because they live in the US that makes them Christian, and yes there are ones that belive that.

The list could go on.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
homie

Halal Yahve!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 03:21:01 PM »

Athiests are not permitted to post their views on this forum.

Just report them to the moderator.

Forum Rules:

"...Disrespect, mockery, or blasphemy of Almighty God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Holy Bible, and Christianity are not permitted here. This would include the user name, anything in the user's profile, anything the user might post, and links to other sites that contain such material. Prohibited material obviously includes cursing, profanity, and "fill-in-the-blank" messages that suggest this material. Prohibited material also includes promotion or defense of alternate lifestyles, other religions, atheism, humanism, or other beliefs that are contrary to the teachings of the Holy Bible. Material of such types will be edited or deleted and the user may be banned. These and other rules posted by the Administrator of Christians Unite are final and not subject to debate...."

Grace and peace to you.
Thanks, it seems that this forum is already the forum of my suggestion, only the rules are not being enforced. We need to better ourselves at that.

Kris777, I have already adressed the issue you are posing several times Smiley

Ebia and Forrest:
The only ones banned would be those who obviously are not christians, they would reveal themselves by:
1. Blasphemous remarks/rants
2. Constantly refering to the Bible as "That stupid book" or "That old useless book"
3. Plainly saying they are not christian.

The goal is a forum where christians can interact without constantly being mocked for their faith.
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 04:22:58 PM »

Ebia and Forrest:
The only ones banned would be those who obviously are not christians, they would reveal themselves by:
1. Blasphemous remarks/rants
2. Constantly refering to the Bible as "That stupid book" or "That old useless book"
3. Plainly saying they are not christian.

The goal is a forum where christians can interact without constantly being mocked for their faith.

Homie:
   So you consider Jahovahs Witnesses which claim that the Trinity does not exsist, which goes agenst the sites statment of faith.
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=3569

As for Mormons "Curch of Later Day Saints" to be Christian?
   As for not useing objectionable words we've had as much from "Christians" as Nonchristians talk to some of the old hands from before the crash we had, ask them about Bill/Friends. He was worse than any Atheist.

2. The ADMIN wants this site to be used when posable as a Witnessing tool, and it has been, and is still.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 04:27:56 PM by Forrest » Logged

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 05:58:28 PM »

Most of the mocking of people's faith on this forum seems to come from other Christians.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
homie

Halal Yahve!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 07:20:28 PM »

ForrestHomie:
  So you consider Jahovahs Witnesses which claim that the Trinity does not exsist, which goes agenst the sites statment of faith.
Homie
I don't see a problem with mormons and JW's as they don't come to christian forums with the intent of wrecking havoc, they come because they consider themselves christian. Wheter they are is a another debate I don't want to get into in this thread.

Most of the mocking of people's faith on this forum seems to come from other Christians.
I doubt this is true, if it is, it is truly sad.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the