Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:24:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  New Movie SAVED raises questions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Movie SAVED raises questions  (Read 3711 times)
Jesusinme

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 08:50:26 AM »

I would not see this movie! One of the reasons, Not mentioned here is : Has anyone considered the concept that if this movie or any like it do well at the box office, that just shows Hollywood that there is a desire for this kind of movie and then in turn they will continue to peddle more rubbish. I agree with Black Eyed peas.  I believe  The enemy is at work in these movies and I would not want to Make Money for satan! I did not see Bruce Almighty either
Neo
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2004, 01:12:49 PM »

1.) Bruce Almighty was amazing.
2.) So was Saved!
3.) Why would Satan need money? Huh
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2004, 02:41:38 PM »

Has anyone considered the concept that if this movie or any like it do well at the box office, that just shows Hollywood that there is a desire for this kind of movie and then in turn they will continue to peddle more rubbish.

It did not do better then the Passion. Roll Eyes

I did not see Bruce Almighty either

"Either" implies you haven't see saved, I take it. In that case, stop talking trash about movies you have not seen yet. Tongue

We can’t handle criticism, no matter how constructive, we scream “Heresy” when people disagree with us, and we say anything that doesn’t line up with our near view of Christianity is the work of Satan. Then we wonder why so many people are turned off by Christianity? Satan doesn’t need to keep people away, we are don’t a great job of it all by our selves. Angry

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 05:21:15 PM »

My girlfriend said Saved was like Passion meets Mean Girls, which I thought was an interesting mix.

And Bruce Almighty was actually pretty funny.
Jesusinme

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2004, 02:38:20 PM »

Has anyone considered the concept that if this movie or any like it do well at the box office, that just shows Hollywood that there is a desire for this kind of movie and then in turn they will continue to peddle more rubbish.

It did not do better then the Passion. Roll Eyes

I did not see Bruce Almighty either

"Either" implies you haven't see saved, I take it. In that case, stop talking trash about movies you have not seen yet. Tongue

We can’t handle criticism, no matter how constructive, we scream “Heresy” when people disagree with us, and we say anything that doesn’t line up with our near view of Christianity is the work of Satan. Then we wonder why so many people are turned off by Christianity? Satan doesn’t need to keep people away, we are don’t a great job of it all by our selves. Angry
I guess I deserve that... You're absoulutly right Tibby , no I have seen neither movie mainly because of the reason I mentioned. However  the trailers for these movies offended me. I do not care if there is a good moral or not. I will never post another review w/o seeing a movie first. I apologize If I offended anyone with what I posted.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2004, 04:44:16 PM »

JesusInMe Said:

I guess I deserve that... You're absoulutly right Tibby , no I have seen neither movie mainly because of the reason I mentioned. However  the trailers for these movies offended me. I do not care if there is a good moral or not. I will never post another review w/o seeing a movie first. I apologize If I offended anyone with what I posted.

I think that most of Tibby's post was tongue in cheek. Regardless, there is nothing wrong with your opinion, and I share that opinion. There should be a concern about what effect films of this type will have on babes in Christ and those seriously searching for Christ. I don't see Jesus or the Holy Bible as being a Hollywood topic for humor, sarcasm, etc. Jesus and the Holy Bible are the most serious topics we have in this short life.

Tibby will say that I'm an old fundamentalist, but I don't trust Hollywood with the souls of the lost, and I don't appreciate Hollywood making sport, humor, and entertainment out of Salvation, our Lord and Saviour, the Holy Bible, and any other Christian topic that is a matter of life and death for eternity.

Tibby - I am an old fundamentalist, and I doubt that I will change.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2004, 05:30:52 PM »

Sometimes, people have legitimate reasons for disliking Christianity. So many Christians blow off this feeling by saying: “Oh, they just are mad because they don’t have the truth” or “The enemy has blinded their eyes” or “We are the true people of God, so we should except attacks like this.” DO you think this does anything to help the distracter see your point of view? No, things like this are the reason people are draw away from Christianity. Attitudes like that are the reason people make movies like “Saved” in the first place!

The Bible clearly states criticism is a good thing. A wiseman does well to at least listen to it. Don’t make me start quoting Proverbs on you people! :-D

Besides, is this not an excellent opportunity to peer into the mind of an unsaved person? Would not such knowledge only strength your witnessing? This could be a great chance of a textbook study of the attitude the unsaved have toward Christians, and prepare to defend against it. All things work together for good...

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2004, 04:33:52 PM »

I wouldn't see that movie! I think its blasphamy against the Lord and Christianity as a whole. It promotes homosexuality and it makes it look like ALL Christians are hypocrites, adulters, etc and it doesn't do a single thing to lead anyone to Jesus as:(
http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/6/172004c.asp

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2004, 04:59:25 PM »

Any christian who supports this garbage needs to examine their relationship with Jesus.

Hmmm...aren't WE the prejudgemental one today...
==============================================
I'll say it again
Any christian who supports this garbage needs to examine their relationship with Jesus

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2004, 05:55:29 PM »

I'll say it again
Any christian who supports this garbage needs to examine their relationship with Jesus

And today, too.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2004, 06:01:03 PM »

it makes it look like ALL Christians are hypocrites

Well... Undecided

Your article states “Basically the whole thing points to evangelical Christians as people who are mean-spirited, who use the Bible as a weapon, and who are hopelessly self-righteous and hypocritical.” It is really just propaganda? Even propaganda has to have some base in truth. Do not make me put the denomination card… Grin

Is the story so far fetched? We have Preachers in this country who claim God told them to divorce their wife and marry another woman. Many youths feel you don’t have to wait till marriage, waiting till you find the right time is just as acceptable to them.

I'll say it again

And it’s attitudes like that that no doubt inspired the movie. That is the Same attitude McCarthyism hold: If you question us, you are wrong. Why are you so cared of seeing your Faith questioned? If it is true, you have nothing to worry about, right?  

Listen to yourselves. Your reactions to this movie only proves the movies point further. You are judging a Movie you haven’t even seen. You are judging people who HAVE see it! The only thing you know about is what the Fundamentalists tell you about it, and they aren’t know for having the most accurate information, and you still attack a movie. Blindly lashing out against the film makers and anyone who doesn’t Hate the movie as passionately as you do. And when we do state points to the contrary, you ignore our posts, and continue your ranting.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2004, 06:40:03 PM »

I don't know if I would want to see this movie.  Could it be that Hollywood saw how much The Passion of the Christ made and want their share of money from movies of Christianity?  And another question to ask is, will this movie draw people to God or will it make them mock Him.  From what I seen in the movie trailors I think that this movie shows a lack of respect.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2004, 11:02:20 PM »

The trailer of this movie was not geared for christians.  I can say that if Jesus was here in the flesh I would not want to take Him to see this.  

Baby christians should stay away from this kind of garbage because they get a false sense of TRUE christianity.  Just look at some of these posts.  

I would disagree about my attitude being like those who wrote this movie.  In fact it gave me a good little chuckle Grin The person who wrote this movie was probably of the tolerent personality who would rather sit back and not stand of for their faith.  
Garbage. Garbage. Garbage.  Cheesy Roll Eyes

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2004, 11:45:11 PM »

Why is this movie called Saved?

Is there anything in this movie that would actually lead a person to Christ?

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2004, 12:00:56 AM »

The trailer of this movie was not geared for christians.  I can say that if Jesus was here in the flesh I would not want to take Him to see this.  

Really? That is funny, because he just Text messaged me and told me he would see the movie if you asked. Roll Eyes I think he likes you. He said something about your heart being pure, but to stop talking trash about movie you have not seen yet. I don't know, he has been in his trip about judgment lately, you know how it is. He is cool guy, but he always trying to show us up. Last weekend, at the party, I brought a 6 pack, the guy fills 2 empty kegs with water and turns them into Vodka! Then he stole Tammy right out from under me. I was like "Hey baby, I'm a Pol Sci major" and he was like "He baby, I'm the savior of all mankind." Just not right. How does one compete with that? And then there was the whole walking on water incident as the college's never pool. He didn't see the swim team practicing in his way. Yeah, our star swimmer. Then there was that whole scandal about using his fathers pull to get a 4.0 last semester. Yeah, take my word for it, hanging out with Jesus isn’t all its cracked up to be. Grin Of course, he is really useful when we only have one slice of pizza left. Wink

Baby christians should stay away from this kind of garbage because they get a false sense of TRUE christianity.

Then they should stay away from the vast majority of Churches as well. We cannot just wrap them in plastic bubbles. That keeps them spiritually immature. What happens when they meet a false Christian in real life? I’d rather they learn the cold truth from a Movie, rather then a living example.

I would disagree about my attitude being like those who wrote this movie.  In fact it gave me a good little chuckle Grin The person who wrote this movie was probably of the tolerent personality who would rather sit back and not stand of for their faith.  
Garbage. Garbage. Garbage.  Cheesy Roll Eyes

Actually, when you read my post, you’ll see I never said your attitude it like that of the people who made the movie. I said your attitudes inspired those to made the movie. Similar to how Jesus inspired Mel Gibson to make the passions. Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the