Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:20:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Gas Prices - What do you think?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Gas Prices - What do you think?  (Read 2004 times)
His Messenger

Will you spend eternity with God?

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2004, 10:33:32 AM »

The Gas Prices - What do you think?

I see three major factors involved in our current inflated gas prices.  1)  The war in Iraq, which never should have occurred;  2)  OPEC and big American oil companies producing less to run up the price;  and 3)  Our President and Congress refusing to step in and clamp down on big oil companies because of their close ties to those companies.  

After all, the more we consumers pay for gasoline, additional monies are delivered into the coffers of those politicians who own big shares.  The “Almighty Greenback,” laced with greed, is the culprit behind our gasoline prices.  OPEC is punishing us because of our presence in Iraq and Afghanistan.  American oil companies have exploited the war and OPEC's decision by cutting back on production and raising prices to a level not known before in America.  If Saudi Arabia, who is noted for persecuting Christians, were to deplete her oil supply, they, like other Muslim countries, would turn against us.  We would be a “thorn in their flesh,” as we are in other Muslim countries.  But for now, we are making Saudi Arabia wealthier to the tune of trillions of dollars.

When OPEC cut back their production, so did American oil companies.  Dan Rather, on CBS Evening News a few weeks ago, documented the fact that our big oil companies have cut back on production.  And for only one reason—the Greenback.

Alaska is bulging with underground oil.  Why in heaven’s name don’t we drill there and take advantage of what we have underneath our own soil?  Radical environmentalists will simply need to step aside for a while and draw in their aggressive horns.  The Caribou in Alaska will have to move over to make room for a solution.  Oil can be drilled and the environment protected simultaneously.  We no longer need to be dependent on other nations for our oil.  We can produce our own, if Congress will get off their cans and do something about it.  Then we can tell Saudi Arabia and OPEC to catch the next coach to Hades.

For when we were yet without strength, in due time CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY"
(Romans 5:6).

"And you, being dead in your sins... hath He quickened together with him, HAVING FORGIVEN YOU ALL TRESPASSES"
(Colossians 2:13).

Will you spend eternity with God?
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 09:47:59 PM »

The war in Iraq, which never should have occurred
The war in Iraq has had absolutely NO impact on world oil supply – in fact, it has had a positive impact because they are now able to export.  As far as the “never should have occurred" phrase – see my reply to your war in Iraq thread.

OPEC and big American oil companies producing less to run up the price;
I can’t argue – but OPEC has increased production as of late.

Our President and Congress refusing to step in and clamp down on big oil companies because of their close ties to those companies.
If it rains on your picnic it is Bush’s fault.  Does Bush control ‘big oil’?  Evidently a lot of people think so.  Does ‘big oil’ control Bush?  Evidently a lot of people think so.  It gets right down to greed, doesn’t it.  Just how personally greedy do you believe Mr. Bush is?  Just how greedy is each individual member of congress?    
Every war in history can, in one way or another, be traced to greed.

Dan Rather
Stop right there.  ‘Mr. “get on my knees and worship Hill and Billary” Dan Rather’ – now there’s a reputable, honest, patriotic and God loving source.  Roll Eyes

Alaska is bulging with underground oil.  Why in heaven’s name don’t we drill there and take advantage of what we have underneath our own soil?  Radical environmentalists will simply need to step aside for a while and draw in their aggressive horns.  The Caribou in Alaska will have to move over to make room for a solution.  Oil can be drilled and the environment protected simultaneously.  We no longer need to be dependent on other nations for our oil.  We can produce our own, if Congress will get off their cans and do something about it.
Now you’re talking common sense!  Any picture you see on the nightly news, or in a sierra club brochure that includes a bush or a hill, (much less a tree or a mountain), is an absolute unadulterated flagrant falsehood.  The closest bush is 150 miles south of ANWAR.  The closest mountain or tree is 200 miles south of ANWAR.  The area they need to drill oil in is a flat, desolate, featureless no-man’s land.  I know.  I’ve been there.  I spent years working in the Prudhoe Bay oil fields, a stone's throw to the west; where (FYI) the caribou population increased and thrived among the oil facilities.  One final point on Alaskan oil - it is not as "sweet" as mid-east oil - in other words you get less gallons of gas per barrel of oil.

God Bless,
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
WolfBrother

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 04:42:58 PM »

One of the causes of the current high price of gasoline is due to the fact that no new refineries have been built in the US since the last one was completed in the early 80's.

Currently we are at 96% on our refining capacity.  This means that out of 25 refineries, we can have 1 down for maintenance.

Even if the middle east were to open the spigots full, we do not have the refining capacity to make much of an impact.

(It's amazing what you learn when you grow up in the part of the US where grown men make their entire living by digging 8 inch or so holes 8 to 15 thousand feet down in the ground).

WolfBrother
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Matthew 7:3
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 05:00:53 PM »

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 10:23:49 PM »

2.09 cheap.  2.37 here.
(Arm & Leg still apply)    Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 04:59:39 AM »

The Gas Prices - What do you think?

I see three major factors involved in our current inflated gas prices.  1)  The war in Iraq, which never should have occurred;  2)  OPEC and big American oil companies producing less to run up the price;  and 3)  Our President and Congress refusing to step in and clamp down on big oil companies because of their close ties to those companies.  

After all, the more we consumers pay for gasoline, additional monies are delivered into the coffers of those politicians who own big shares.  The “Almighty Greenback,” laced with greed, is the culprit behind our gasoline prices.  OPEC is punishing us because of our presence in Iraq and Afghanistan.  American oil companies have exploited the war and OPEC's decision by cutting back on production and raising prices to a level not known before in America.  If Saudi Arabia, who is noted for persecuting Christians, were to deplete her oil supply, they, like other Muslim countries, would turn against us.  We would be a “thorn in their flesh,” as we are in other Muslim countries.  But for now, we are making Saudi Arabia wealthier to the tune of trillions of dollars.

When OPEC cut back their production, so did American oil companies.  Dan Rather, on CBS Evening News a few weeks ago, documented the fact that our big oil companies have cut back on production.  And for only one reason—the Greenback.

Alaska is bulging with underground oil.  Why in heaven’s name don’t we drill there and take advantage of what we have underneath our own soil?  Radical environmentalists will simply need to step aside for a while and draw in their aggressive horns.  The Caribou in Alaska will have to move over to make room for a solution.  Oil can be drilled and the environment protected simultaneously.  We no longer need to be dependent on other nations for our oil.  We can produce our own, if Congress will get off their cans and do something about it.  Then we can tell Saudi Arabia and OPEC to catch the next coach to Hades.

I agree.

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 09:59:23 AM »

Lets just all start riding horses Cheesy

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 12:49:38 AM »

No I need a horse and buggy. Grin

Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 12:57:08 AM »

I need a horse, a buggy and a large shovel!
Stoop and scoop!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 01:17:18 AM »

Stoop and scoop!
Plop plop........ Grin

Bronzesnake
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 01:21:02 AM »

Stoop and scoop!
Plop plop........ Grin

That was a real "stinker" Weaver! Cheesy
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 05:18:29 AM »

Last week I paid $1.79 per gallon

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 10:02:38 AM »

Huh

What?  Did you fill up with water??  Grin

JPD
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 12:57:18 AM »

Stoop and scoop!
Plop plop........ Grin

That was a real "stinker" Weaver! Cheesy
No this is the real stinker.  Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 12:57:42 AM »

Just rub it in Brother Love.  Cry

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the