Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:07:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Parenting (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  sexualizing children in public schools
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: sexualizing children in public schools  (Read 9073 times)
educator

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2004, 01:43:21 AM »

To:  Concerned parents and citizens:From:  Doctor of Early & Middle Childhood Education
  Here are some excerpts from an article that I hope you will distribute far and wide.  It's not a "Homosexual Bashing" article; it's about inappropriately imposing sexuality agendas on children in our public schools.  You know, the same schools that our children cannot pray in!  

As a Doctor of Education and practicing Licensed Psychotherapist who has been involved in schools and children's institutions for over 30 years, I can tell you that this trend is real and substantial.  And it is damaging to our children.  

We have no business influencing the sexuality of children of these ages AT ALL.  Let alone actively introducing them to acceptance of homosexual behavior and lifestyles.  Influence in these areas of life is the business of parents and families, not schools.  There is NO academic skill value in such activities.  Yet these indoctrinations are paid for by our tax dollars.  These are politically motivated social engineering agendas, pure and simple.

I wish I could give you my name and verify my credentials for you.  But in the field of Education and Social Services today, that would be suicide.  But believe me, there are many teachers, administrators and therapists who believe exactly as I do.  If you doubt that, you should aks some for their opinions, privately.  Unfortunately, it is political suicide for professionals in our field to voice these views publicly.

Christian Complacency   [Excerpts only - see full article at]
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/5/27/124305.shtml

Paul Weyrich
Thursday, May 27, 2004
Right-thinking, God-fearing Americans should be outraged…enough to call their U.S. Representative and U.S. Senators.
Committed Christians need to exercise vigilance over the curriculum and textbooks used in the public schools. The homosexual rights lobby is using the schools to condition children to accept the Gay Way as a lifestyle - rather than God's Way. So many wrongs are becoming right due to the influence of this lobby that soon there will be no real moral wrongs left in the mind of too many young Americans.
Christians everywhere throughout our country need to get outraged, stand up, and speak out to demand this wrong be stopped!
A little-known but increasingly powerful group called the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) is exercising influence over the curriculum and literature used in public schools. This organization has developed strong alliances with educators, particularly the National Education Association. What kind of literature will your child be reading if GLSEN and its ally, the NEA, have their way?
GLSEN believes that it is beneficial to have children exposed to sexualization at an early age as they learn to accept homosexual relationships as normal.
One book aimed at influencing educators is called Queering Elementary Education: Advancing the Dialogue about Sexualities and Schooling . . .
In one chapter, a woman describes how she and her male lover have raised their daughter "queerly" by taking her to "gay pride" parades and teaching her the intricacies of gotcha21 while she is still a young child.
Then, there is the film, intended for adults, called It's Elementary: Talking About Gay Issues In School, that is described in a paper by the Family Research Council's Peter Sprigg. This film shows a so-called "Gay Pride Assembly" being held in school in which a homosexual activist-teacher discusses his sexual predilections, manipulating the sympathies of the children.
True-believing Christians do not sanction provocative violence against homosexuals or anyone else and they make sure their children understand that too.
Indeed, GLSEN's own profile on its web page makes clear that one of its strategic objectives is to enlist teachers and school administrators as "partners" of the pro-homosexual lifestyle lobby. What can we expect?
The NEA is not the only national organization that sanctions the homosexual lifestyle. Either officially or by their actions the American Federation of Teachers, the American School Health Association, the National Association of School Psychologists, the American Association of School Administrators, and the National School Board Association have been helping to steamroller acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle in public schools.
Christians have to make clear to our local school boards and state legislators and to Congress that we will not permit our children to fall for the kid-glove cloaked, iron-fisted bullying tactics of GLSEN and its accomplices within the educational establishment.
If that's not enough to make you want to pick up the phone to make a few calls to Capitol Hill, then I'd like to know, just what will it take?
Paul M. Weyrich is Chairman and CEO of the Free Congress Foundation

Call or write these organizations if you oppose the sexualizing our children in the public schools.

Recommendations for communication:

1.  Take a respectful tone.
2.  Keep your concern narrowly focused (just on this issue).
3. Read their web site and comment honestly, but positively on it's content.
4. Don't broadly criticize the organization you contact.  Honestly complement their other positions and achievements whenever possible.
5.  Look at the website under "contact us" and find specific individuals to contact.
6.  Address them "personally" as though you are talking to them; not preaching to them.

Educators are not the enemy, they are advocates for our children.  But they need to hear from us about the policies and agenda's we disagree with.
They are paid from our tax dollars, therefore they work for us;  just like legislators.

1.  American Federation of Teachers

http://www.aft.org/555
New Jersey Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
(202) 879-4400

2.  American School Health Association

www.ashaweb.org/
7263 State Route 43,  P.O. Box 708,  Kent, Ohio 44240
Phone  330/678-1601,  Fax 330/678-4526

3.  National Association of School Psychologists

http://www.nasponline.org/index2.html
4340 East West Highway,  Suite 402
Bethesda,  MD, 20814
Phone 310-657-0270

4.  American Association of School Administrators

http://www.aasa.org/
801 N. Quincy St., Suite 700
Arlington, VA 22203-1730
Phone 703-528-0700 • Fax 703-841-1543
Continued below . . .

5.  National School Board Association
http://www.nsba.org/site/index.asp
1680 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 838-6722   Fax: (703) 683-7590  
E-mail: info@nsba.org \

6.  Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network http://www.glsen.org/cgi-bin/iowa/home.html
NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS
121 West 27th Street, Suite 804, New York, New York 10001

Voice. 212.727.0135,   Fax. 212.727.0254

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 09:44:34 AM »

Educator,
Welcome to the forum.

We have no business influencing the sexuality of children of these ages AT ALL.  Let alone actively introducing them to acceptance of homosexual behavior and lifestyles.  Influence in these areas of life is the business of parents and families, not schools.  There is NO academic skill value in such activities.  Yet these indoctrinations are paid for by our tax dollars.  These are politically motivated social engineering agendas, pure and simple.

If I had a nickle for everytime I've echoed those words, we could build an addition on our church.

Keep up the righteous battle in The Lord's name.
JudgeNot

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
CleansedSpirit

For He has cleansed me, and made me whole!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 11:26:03 PM »

Educator:

This is part of the reason I'm Home-Schooled.
And it's part of the reason MY children will be Home-schooled.

Thank you for the gripping post.

~Me

Psalm 51:1 "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions."

Wot,Wot, it's me, Hon Rosie, with a differant name.
spud

Artist/dog groomer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 08:28:48 PM »

Huh
My girls are in public school and as far as I know they are not teaching this type of curriculum. My girls would let me know.  I am always telling them the truth when it's needed.  I keep the lines of communication open so we can freely talk about such issues.  I have talked to both about sex and why God's way is the best way.  Homosexuality is not really accepted in our school.

Spud

If you meet me and forget me you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him you have lost everything.
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 10:09:25 PM »

It used to be that when any sex education material was being shown at a school, a note was sent home before, stating the date and time.  Parents could then keep their children home that day if they objected.  This made most people happy.  Now it is being forced on everyone because school officials insist that it is part of their "anti-bullying" program.  Don't Christians teach their children not to be bullies?  Who are the bullies?

Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 06:17:02 PM »

Sadly schools also teach evolution as a fact aswell. Its the worlds faulty framework. Evolution = no moral absolutes= anything goes. Science lessons at school have become a corrupt mixture of fact and total fiction.

When I was at school, the homosexual promotion hadn't really come inot full effect, we weren't taught about it, but only a few years later I hear that its widely promoted over here in England. It just shows how quickly things degenerate doesn't it.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 09:38:40 AM »

I have been doing some net research.  Here is a link to a site that has references to scientific papers about how damaging these types of materials can be to students.  

Allowing gay affirming literature injures youths.  It causes stress and adds to problems of depression and suicide in youth.  

Gender and sexual indentity is not concrete at birth.  People are not born homosexual and there is no scientific proof for this theory.  Our children are being lied to.  Any type of sexual activity before maturation (adulthood at ages 18-20 years) can lead to serious health and psychological problems.  Youth should be encouraged to keep sexual activity for their marriage spouse only.  

Some informative and interesting articles written by health professionals.  These people are doctors of psychology and psychiatrists.  

http://www.narth.com/

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 02:53:52 PM »

Gender and sexual indentity is not concrete at birth.  People are not born homosexual and there is no scientific proof for this theory.    

The above quote sounds contradictory.  If gender and sexual identity is not concrete at birth, then they can't claim we're born either heterosexual or homosexual, and they can't claim we aren't either.  Hasn't this been the argument for one being born homosexual? This isn't making any sense to me.  I went to the narth site and read some of the articles.  It would take forever to read all of them.  In which article did you read that gender and sexual identity wasn't concrete at birth?  Is there scientific proof for this?

God created male and female to procreate and fill the earth with males and females and on and on and on.  Sin enters and distorts; sin is a perversion of God's original intent.  Homosexuality isn't the only perversion, but the scriptures say it's abominable to God because we're created in His image and His likeness and for a purpose.  Homosexuality is a perversion and so is artificial birth control because it's practice closes the opportunity for new life.  We say children are a gift from God, but we decide on how many of those gifts we want, for all kinds of legitimate reasons. (I'm sure I'll catch some heat on this one).  Quickly, we are supposed to have faith and trust in God for everything, but this is one area in which we don't, simply because most of us lack the discipline to do so.  I already know this statement won't bode well with many.  It's another discussion in itself.

God says homosexuality is a sin-------so, it is!  Could someone be born a homosexual?  I don't think anyone really knows.  We are all born with the stain of original sin.  Because of the sins of the fathers, God curses to the 4th generation.  Because of this statement, maybe some could be born this way.  It's a hard statement, I know.  Someone asked Jesus, "who sinned, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?"  In this "particular case", Jesus said that neither had sinned, but he was born blind in order that the works of God might be displayed in him.  Obviously, there was a belief that a parents sin could result in their offspring being born blind, etc.  Sins of the fathers a cause of being born homosexual?  Who really knows!  Either way, it's still a sin because God says it is.

A thread like this could go on forever, simply because there's so much to say.  One of the problems that I see is that we're trying to legislate morality.  This is what the OT Law tried to do.  It didn't work then, and it won't work today------it can't.  I do realize something needs to be done because of the far ranging effects homosexuality can wreak, but just what, I'm not sure.  I do know one thing though--------God IS the answer and has always been.  We need to pray daily about this issue that confronts ALL of us.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 08:03:16 PM »

M,

Thanks for telling me about the link you posted and this thread. I'm going to leave the link for now, as the material is much more Godly and moral than what is being taught in most public schools now.

Christian parents don't appear to have many choices these days in what their children are taught in school about alternative lifestyles. Further, they are not there to provide supervision to their children when the lessons are given. Christian parents can use a site like the one you listed to counter the lies they are being told, even in elementary school. My personal beliefs are that nobody likes what's being taught in public schools except ultra-liberals and those already involved in alternative lifestyles. If I had my way, Christian parents would teach their own children about these issues, at their own time, and in their own way. It's revolting that Almighty God is banned in public schools, but the teaching of acceptance and tolerance to alternative lifestyles is just fine.

Christian parents, if any of you think this link is too rough for Christians Unite and your children who may read it, please voice your concerns. In the meantime, I think the linked site has information that Christian parents need to know to counter what their children are being taught in public schools. In my opinion, our children are being taught poison and lies. Christian parents need to either teach them the truth from a Biblical perspective or remove their children from public schools. This is only one issue on a growing list of why many parents either home school or put their children in Christian schools.

In short, the material on the linked site is NOT nearly as shocking as what's being taught in our public schools. However, I will pay close attention to any comments or complaints about this link.

M, thank you again for your concern about our younger users.

Love In Christ,
Tom

James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 11:20:05 AM »

My apologies.  I am far from being very articulate and logical in my writing.  I was trying to say ("gender identity" and "sexual indentity" are not concrete at birth.  People are not born homosexual and there is no scientific proof for this theory.")  Just as babies are not physically mature at birth,  Children's brains and bodies are not mature.  One of the ways parents can confuse their child's gender identity is to allow them to dress inappropriately for their gender(unisex clothing) and play inappropriately.  

God doesn't make mistakes.  The more I study the scriptures, the more wisdom I find in them.

Yes, there are many articles on the NARTH site.  Articles that might be of particular interest are titled "Adolescent Homosexuality", "Three Myths about Homosexuality" and "Gay-Affirmative Public School Teachers/Curricula May Influence Brain Maturation In Teens".   There might be more articles that need to be carefully read.  I am particularly disturbed by many Christians who believe falsely that "homosexuals are born that way and can't change."  

Narth does make it clear that reorientation therapy is available for people who self-label themselves as homosexuals and wish to change.  So there is help available to parents who have a teenager that is suffering depression from thinking they are gay.  The Gay activists don't like this to be known and try to prevent this viewpoint from being presented in schools.  Many individuals have successful been delivered from the sin of homosexuality and this should be made known to all Christian churches.  

This is a very difficult topic.  I am hoping to help many by arming them with scientific expert opinions.  Christians should already know that the Bible is clear about homosexuality being a sin.  I am hoping that people will use their discretion with this website link to NARTH.  I have great sadness and empathy to all who suffer from the sin of homosexuality.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 12:04:01 PM »

My apologies.  I am far from being very articulate and logical in my writing.  I was trying to say ("gender identity" and "sexual indentity" are not concrete at birth.  People are not born homosexual and there is no scientific proof for this theory.")    

This is a very difficult topic.  I am hoping to help many by arming them with scientific expert opinions.  Christians should already know that the Bible is clear about homosexuality being a sin.  I am hoping that people will use their discretion with this website link to NARTH.  I have great sadness and empathy to all who suffer from the sin of homosexuality.

M,

I understood what you said.  My question was this,  "If sexual identity and gender is not concrete at birth, how can anyone say a person is born heterosexual, either?  If one CAN'T be born homosexual, where's the scientific proof that one is born heterosexual?  I guess I must be confused.  It sounds as if since sexual identity and gender is not concrete at birth, then we are neither born heterosexual or homosexual, but it's up to our caretakers (parents) on whether we will become heterosexual or homosexual.  Sorry if I'm confusing you, but I'm confused at this point, also.

I agree with you that this is a difficult topic and, like you, I have much compassion for those who are struggling with homosexuality. We are to love the sinner and hate the sin.

cris

M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005, 08:00:51 PM »

"Homosexual" is a self-defining term refering to sexual identity.  It is commonly used by psychologists and psychiatrists to refer to someone who "self-identifies" themselves as a "homosexual".  It is a feeling about themselves.  They call themselves "homosexuals" due to their participation in "homosexual activities" and their feelings about their attractions.    It is not due to genetics.  The inclination to this type of behaviour can be due to a history of child abuse, poor parental impressing,  and other factors as noted by health professionals.    But sexual activity is still a choice.  We are reminded that one of the fruits of the spirit is self-control.

Babies are born either male or female.   Babies and children do not have sexual relationships.  It is called abuse and it is a crime when it happens.   So no, babies are neither.

Gender identity and sexual identity following a normal course through puberty and adolescence should result in normal heterosexual activity in a marriage relationship.  -That is if a person chooses to get married and chooses not to sin.  

That is all I will discuss about this topic.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 10:04:23 PM »

this is not a joke, most schools in massachusetts have gay and lesbian clubs. when they give out the awards to the honor roll childre or to the art club or newspaper club and so on they give awards out and i quite to the persons most loveing in the gay and lesbian club on stage in front of the entire student body and their parents, as the teachers and many others chear.i have witness it myself
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 02:33:40 AM »

Butcha,

Brother, it certainly isn't a joke. It's yet another example of God being taken out of public schools and replaced with evil. Things like this should make every Christian cry.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 8:12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005, 12:21:09 PM »

Sadly, it is true that teenagers can victimize and sexually abuse other teenagers and children.  Some children have even been known to abuse other children.  So this is what is happening in these gay clubs.

If schools are worried about students bullying other students who consider themselves "homosexual" (or for other excuses to bully), that is is a valid concern.  I once knew a boy who was beaten by other children and  called him "gay".  The reason was a stroke that left him partially paralyszed.  Bullying for any reason is wrong and Christians should not take part in it.

Bullying behaviour in schools is a very big problem.  Having "gay rights" organizations come into school is not the solution to bullying.  There are anti-bullying programs.  I just don't know much about them.  Perhaps someone reading this could direct to an effective anti-bullying program.

So why aren't "Anti-bullying" programs and enforcements used in schools?  This would solve many problems and could make all parents happy except maybe the bullies' parents.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 12:21:02 PM by M » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the