Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:19:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Pray for power
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pray for power  (Read 1882 times)
tony

Your Brother in Christ

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2004, 09:38:14 AM »

I am moving from a small apartment to an apartment house.  I need the extra room and prayed about the move.  Everything so far is going well, except for one thing.  The electricity has not been turned on!  I have called five times, and thus far it seems as though I am talking to a wall.  Pray that the Lord would send a competant individual from the power company to turn the power on....soon...

May God bless you abundantly for your prayers!

Your Brother in Christ,

Tony
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 05:47:54 PM »

That sounds very disappointing. Praying-I hope your food is mostly nonperishable! Keep us updated.

Blessings,
WH

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 11:33:45 AM »

I will be praying for you. Jesus told us not to worry about what we need for God will provide it. I will pray that you get electricity to your home. I've moved around a few times and the electric and gas companies always do a bad job.  Sad

Matt 6:25
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eator drink; or about your body, what you will wear.
tony

Your Brother in Christ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 12:59:46 PM »

That sounds very disappointing. Praying-I hope your food is mostly nonperishable! Keep us updated.

Blessings,
WH

Yes, if I had food there it would be VERY frustrating.  However, I am still in the small apartment.  Boxes are packed and in waiting.  I haven't moved any food to the new place, yet.

Thanky you for your continued prayers!

Your Brother in Christ,

Tony
tony

Your Brother in Christ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 01:01:36 PM »

I will be praying for you. Jesus told us not to worry about what we need for God will provide it. I will pray that you get electricity to your home. I've moved around a few times and the electric and gas companies always do a bad job.  Sad

Matt 6:25
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eator drink; or about your body, what you will wear.

Yes, thank you for reminder that God will supply our every need.  I guess we need reminded of things we already know.  It is a comforting thought indeed.  

Thank you for joining me in praying for this need!

Your Brother in Christ,

Tony
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 05:10:29 PM »

They still haven't dealt with it??? I'd start asking for some supervisors. Or, here's a tactic that seems to have served me very well in the past: send them written notice of a fine you'll be charging them for every day you have to pay for your new place, on which the place is unusable because of their delay. When put in writing, politely yet directly on good bsuiness stationery with letterhead, addressed to a high-ranking supervisor, it gets immediate attention. Believe me.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 06:28:51 PM »

They still haven't dealt with it??? I'd start asking for some supervisors. Or, here's a tactic that seems to have served me very well in the past: send them written notice of a fine you'll be charging them for every day you have to pay for your new place, on which the place is unusable because of their delay. When put in writing, politely yet directly on good bsuiness stationery with letterhead, addressed to a high-ranking supervisor, it gets immediate attention. Believe me.
Oooooo!

You could also check into any Amish communities in your area. They might be willing to let you join them. Gutentag!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 12:03:50 AM »

Someone's been hanging out with Tibby too much. Wink

tony

Your Brother in Christ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 10:14:37 AM »

Well, I am still praying for the power to be turned on!  I will be driving out today, it is quite the trip from where I currently live, so to check it daily, with work and all, is some what of a difficulty.  

"Amish"  Well, I think they are wonderful people.  There devotion is simply extroidinary.  Indeed, it far exceeds mine!  After all, I am still praying that the Lord would have them turn the power on, if He has not already done so.

I thank everyone for your continued prayers!  I will keep you posted. Grin
tony

Your Brother in Christ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2004, 11:58:16 AM »

A belated update....

Well, it took nearly three weeks to actually get a service person from the powere company to come out to the house.  When they did they requested that the line on the exterior of the house as well as the meter socket be replaced.  Intially, I thought this to be a major set back.  However, now that I have replaced the items I am looking at the situation a bit differently.  The old service to the house was only 100 amp, whereas I have upgraded the service now to 200 amp, which means in the simplest of terms... a lot more appliances can be used at any single given time...

Now I ask that you join me in prayer about the inspection that will be taking place Monday morning between 10:30 and 11:00 am.  The county inspector has to come out and give a service release before the power company will connect thier lines.

Thanking you for your prayers,
Your Brother in Christ,

Tony
tony

Your Brother in Christ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 09:05:27 AM »

Update... as promissed....

The inspector didn't make it out yesterday.  The ladies in the office apparently had the inspection scheduled in thier computer sysetem but not in the actual schedule the inspector goes buy.... so, they have scheduled another appointment for today between 10:30 and 11 am...  be in prayer that all will go well and he will issue a service release and the power company will come out in a timely fashion and conect thier lines.

Once again, I thank each of you for your prayers,
Your Brother in Christ,

Tony
jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 06:45:26 AM »

Abba... bless Tony AND his new digs... in Christ Jesus, amen

Deke

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
tony

Your Brother in Christ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2004, 10:25:40 AM »

Update...

The electrical inspector came out to the house and issued a "service release".  In other words, everything passed inspections.... for which I thank God and everyone who has been praying.  

On the same day that it passed inspections I called Dayton Power & Light and requested that the lines be connected.  Well, since it is an upgrade of service, from 100 to 200 amps, they have to come out and do a "survey".  Unfortunately, they told me that this could take "two months".  Please continue to "pray for power".  Pray that the power company will send out a skilled technician in a timely fashion.

Thanks again for everyones prayers... God is answering and will continue to answer!

Your Brother in Christ,

Tony
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the