Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:19:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Satan, the great deceiver
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Satan, the great deceiver  (Read 3437 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2004, 12:13:24 PM »

As most Christians know, Satan is the great deceiver. His biggest weapon has ALWAYS been trying to show us that he is the way to God. He first did this in the garden when he told Eve that she would know God if she ate of the fruit of the tree of good an evil. He does this with the Muslims and the Jews deceiving them into believing that they know the one true God. This is how God said the anti-Christ will deceive many people. Through deceiving them into believeing that he is the way to God. That's why the church is his biggest venue for bringing people to him. Satan parades around as a ferocious wolf disguised in sheep's clothing because it's the bestway to attack believers. That is why it is IMPERATIVE to know and believe CHRIST'S words FIRST because satan is there and ready to satch away the seed that was sown on rocky path.

Satan comes in the form of worldly glitter in costumes of gold and silver, recognition, fame and worldly respect. True believers come as humble servants, un noticed by society like David, Elijaj, Elisha, Amos, Malachis, Zecheriah, Jesus and the rest of the prophets. "He who exalts himself will be humbled and he who humbles himself will be exalted." It is very easy for true believers to recognize Satan because of his trimmings and worldly praise. The followers of Satan reject the humble and the poor in favor of the proud and the worldly. That is why very few will enter heaven. Jesus's words are not loved by the followers of Satan but are instead rejected in favor of worldly men.  The world rejects people as having the truth unless they have worldly degrees, worldly clothes or worldly titles because that's what the world values as having the truth. This is true ESPECIALLY in the church because trying to bring people to him as God is his greatest triumph. That's why Jesus and the epistles spend so much time trying to warn us about true and false teaching. If we KNOW the bible through Christ's words and the Holy Spirit, then we can keep from being deceived. Otherwise, we will worship Satan, especially when he is disguised as a sheep.
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 12:41:41 PM »

True believers come as humble servants, un noticed by society like David, Elijaj, Elisha, Amos, Malachis, Zecheriah, Jesus and the rest of the prophets.

I'm curious to know why you lumped the Messiah in with the others making Him appear to be only a man?

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 02:39:34 PM »

As most Christians know, Satan is the great deceiver.

Indeed he is!

This is how the bible says to recognize antichrist:

1Jo 2:18  Little children, it is the last time. And just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have risen up, from which we know that it is the last hour.
1Jo 2:22  Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He who denies the Father and the Son is antichrist.
1Jo 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the antichrist you heard is coming, and even now is already in the world.

I believe that 1 John is the only gospel which speaks of antichrist.(note: not "the" antichrist, but antichrist.)

It is very easy for true believers to recognize Satan because of his trimmings and worldly praise. The followers of Satan reject the humble and the poor in favor of the proud and the worldly. That is why very few will enter heaven.

From what I understand Satan rejects none who come to him. He wants all he can get. What he rejects is God; Jesus Christ the risen Lord and all of His followers!

Even so, we must be wary. If he had the nerve and impudence to tempt Christ, he will work very hard and tempting His workers.

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 02:43:21 PM »

Justme,
I was talking about who the "world" (unbelievers) perceived as humble. Jesus sought no glory for Himself, nor did He adorn Himself with priestly robes, or own any possessions. To the world, he was merely a carpenter's son which are who God uses for His kingdom.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 03:02:12 PM »

Actually I was just reading in Thessalonians 2:4, about the anti-Christ.  "He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God." Rev. 13:4-18 also elaborates on the Anti-Christ and so does Zechariah, 11:15-17. Some people believe that the anti-Christ will come as the pope, but there are certain things that don't mesh with that. Others have said he was Hitler but the bible said he would reign only 42 months. Of course, every generation thinks he will come in their lifetime but there are too many things that have to happen first. But that is why it's important to know the bible so we know how to spot Satan.
Nickolai

Eastern Orthodoxy is Awesome

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 03:04:25 PM »

True believers come as humble servants, un noticed by society like David, Elijaj, Elisha, Amos, Malachis, Zecheriah, Jesus and the rest of the prophets.

I'm curious to know why you lumped the Messiah in with the others making Him appear to be only a man?

I'm curious as to why she thinks David was unnoticed to society.  You can't get much more noticed than a king.
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 03:16:42 PM »

I am assuming you meant 2 Thessalonians? It speaks of the "man of sin", but not of antichrist.

Actually, I probably did not word that statement correctly when I said 1 John is the only gospel to speak of antichrist - what I should have said was it is the only gospel to use the word antichrist. antichrist simply means "against Christ" and not necessarily Satan. Lots of people are against Christ and have what is called an antichrist spirit, but they are not Satan (although they must surely be of Satan, as we are of Christ).

I'm curious as to why she thinks David was unnoticed to society.  You can't get much more noticed than a king.

Nickolai: was not David simply a young shepherd first? He became great because God made him so. He was not a King to start with? Perhaps that is the meaning.

Gracey

for the most part, I agree with you about Satan - the differences are minor

†† Guided by God ††
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 05:36:41 PM »

This is true.
It's hard not to notice a man who danced around naked.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 05:59:31 PM »

They surely are OF Satan, Gracey. There are only 2 powers in the world, God and satan. Jesus said, "He who is not with me is against me." We are either ruled by the devil or the Holy Spirit. In John, 8: 42-44, Jesus said, "If God were your father you would love me...Because you are unable to hear what I say, you belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire." Jesus makes it clear that those who do not love Him and recognize who sent him, are children of the devil. The anti-Christ is also indeed of Satan.

David was a shepherd boy and the last son of Jesse that was even considered for King because of his innocence and innocuousness.
Reba
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 09:12:37 AM »

I am assuming you meant 2 Thessalonians? It speaks of the "man of sin", but not of antichrist.

Actually, I probably did not word that statement correctly when I said 1 John is the only gospel to speak of antichrist - what I should have said was it is the only gospel to use the word antichrist. antichrist simply means "against Christ" and not necessarily Satan. Lots of people are against Christ and have what is called an antichrist spirit, but they are not Satan (although they must surely be of Satan, as we are of Christ).

Nickolai: was not David simply a young shepherd first? He became great because God made him so. He was not a King to start with? Perhaps that is the meaning.

Gracey

for the most part, I agree with you about Satan - the differences are minor

Gracey  Please for understanding.... What most call the 'gospel' of John does not use the word antichrist the 'little' books of John are the only books to use the term. I am courious to understand why you are colling them  gospel.  NOT asking as a point of debate
Reba
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 09:18:12 AM »

John 12:30-33

30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.
KJV

Who was/is the prince of the world and can we believe the simple direct words of Jesus.
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004, 12:58:41 PM »

Gracey  Please for understanding.... What most call the 'gospel' of John does not use the word antichrist the 'little' books of John are the only books to use the term. I am courious to understand why you are colling them  gospel.

Your are correct, of course. Once again, my words get in my way. What I am referring to are the books of 1st, 2nd, 3rd John, which are not the "gospels". Forgive me.

I suppose I used the term gospel because (in my own little pea brain) I consider the bible as "gospel truth" and forget that others can't see into my brain at all.

Smiley
Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Reba
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2004, 01:44:32 PM »

Gracey  Please for understanding.... What most call the 'gospel' of John does not use the word antichrist the 'little' books of John are the only books to use the term. I am courious to understand why you are colling them  gospel.

Your are correct, of course. Once again, my words get in my way. What I am referring to are the books of 1st, 2nd, 3rd John, which are not the "gospels". Forgive me.

I suppose I used the term gospel because (in my own little pea brain) I consider the bible as "gospel truth" and forget that others can't see into my brain at all.

Smiley
Gracey

Thanks for the clarification Gracey, that is what i had thought but the internet world can be realy weird!  Tongue Sheeesh i guess i just said you are weird see what i mean.... Cheesy
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2004, 02:37:46 PM »

Tongue Sheeesh i guess i just said you are weird

Grin A rather apt description, actually  Grin

†† Guided by God ††
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the