Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Scene at the Great White Throne...Oops!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Scene at the Great White Throne...Oops!  (Read 8978 times)
Pastor Roger
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2004, 02:08:46 PM »

I never said that one couldn't be happy and be celibate. In fact, I know that unmarried people will be happier if they stay celibate.

However, God created sex for marriage.
I have serious doubts that He intended for any married couple to live a life of celibacy.  

i agree with you for the most part, but if there is an exception it may be that mary and joseph are it. i understand the problem this creates especially in our day and age when it is common to have sex even before marriage, but the other end of it is that there is no history of mary actually having intercourse at all after the birth of jesus. in fact we find just the opposite in the early writings of christian leaders.

mike

Proof that Mary had more children:

Mat 13:55  Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mar 6:3  Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Mat 27:56  Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.

Mar 15:40  There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Mat 12:46  While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
Mat 12:47  Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
Mat 12:48  But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
Mat 12:49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
Mat 12:50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2004, 04:04:29 AM »

I never said that one couldn't be happy and be celibate. In fact, I know that unmarried people will be happier if they stay celibate.

However, God created sex for marriage.
I have serious doubts that He intended for any married couple to live a life of celibacy.  

i agree with you for the most part, but if there is an exception it may be that mary and joseph are it. i understand the problem this creates especially in our day and age when it is common to have sex even before marriage, but the other end of it is that there is no history of mary actually having intercourse at all after the birth of jesus. in fact we find just the opposite in the early writings of christian leaders.

mike

Proof that Mary had more children:

Mat 13:55  Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mar 6:3  Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Mat 27:56  Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.

Mar 15:40  There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Mat 12:46  While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
Mat 12:47  Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
Mat 12:48  But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
Mat 12:49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
Mat 12:50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Now thats some proof, its the Word of God

« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 04:05:37 AM by Brother Love » Logged

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the