Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:06:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Parenting (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Children and How they make us Laugh
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Children and How they make us Laugh  (Read 9443 times)
LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2004, 02:12:23 PM »

Anyone have a funny stories about what kids say or do?

My 2 year old one day was hanging on my sons exersaucer in his sock feet with a string of beads around his wrist.  Like he was handcuffed to it.  My 5 month old son at the time was looking at him while eating Cheerios.  I was sitting right there paying a few bills.  Well my 2 year old kept saying some word and I couldn't quite make out what it was.  I see him slipping along in his socks and laughing.  I look over at him and he says "Satan".  I looked at him.  Went back to my bills and he says it again. "Satan".  OH MY Goodness I think!  What kind of games are his two older brothers playing with him where they tie his hands up in something and talk about Satan!!

Slippy Slide...Slippy Slide....Slippy Slide with his socks.  And he says it again.  "Skating!"

Lord Help me!  Hehe!  And I'm so glad he's brought me these wonderful children to learn how to laugh again!

Your Sister in Christ,
LMarsh

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 06:35:21 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to LMarsh,

Grin  Yes, children are a precious riot.

I remember a recent conversation with my 3 year old grandson, and I barely survived.  Cheesy  He was playing with roly-polies (sp), and I started asking him about them. I had no idea the conversation would last for almost 20 minutes. One crawled off the back porch and into the grass. I asked him where it was going. He said "School". I bit my lip and asked him to tell me all about roly-polies. Before it was a said and done, they had tiny houses, cars, and an entire roly-polie society in the grass. It was a tall tale that I wish I had recorded.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 09:59:32 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I've heard the question asked, "Are birthday parties for children or for their parents and grandparents?"  Well, I would have to say a little bit of both, but I honestly think that grandparents have more fun than the children do.

I'm thinking back to the first birthday party for my oldest grandson. It was his first time to have chocolate cake and ice cream. WOW!!, that was fun to watch, and I didn't have to clean up anything.   Grin  I've got the pictures, and they are priceless.

Well, grandpa was invited to the first birthday party for the youngest grandson this weekend. There must be chocolate cake and ice cream. If not, I'll have to get some. The hair is always a convenient place to get the sticky stuff off your hands.   Grin  His favorite words are "bite" and "UH OH!".

Love In Christ,
Tom

Chesed

Zechariah 2:10-12

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 08:48:47 PM »

I went to the Picture People to get a portrait done of my baby and my almost 5 year old son. My son told the photographer, "We know God but YOU don't." I was laughing so hard that it was difficult to explain to him that he shouldn't assume someone doesn't know God.

'Sing & be glad, Daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming & I will dwell in your midst, says the Lord. Many nations will join themselves to the Lord on that day & they will become a people unto Me; & I will dwell in your midst. Then you will know that the Lord sent me to you.'
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 07:48:13 PM »

I don't know how I've missed this thread! Thanks to you all for sharing the hilarious and adorable stories!  Cheesy

edited for typing flu *achoo*
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 10:37:40 AM by sincereheart » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 04:51:04 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy To All,

(The Princess)

My oldest grandson is now in a Christian pre-school for three year olds. It's a hoot, and I love it. They sing Christian songs, learn Bible Verses, and do all kinds of healthy things in the LORD.

My daughter formed a car-pool arrangement with another mother so younger children in both homes could stay with their eating and napping schedules half of the week. The other three year old is a little girl who loves to wear pretty dresses with lace and frills.

It's a hoot to hear my rough, all boy, grandson talk to the little girl to and from school. I had to share something from this week. The little girl asked my grandson what he thought about princesses. My grandson replied, They're OK as long as they're boys.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Chesed

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 12:37:55 PM »

My son is always making us laugh. Here's another thing he did the other day:

He was talking to my husband and telling a story. Many times he tells a story that we know is not true but he tries to convince us its true. So we told him that he needs to tell us that he is "telling a story" if its something that is not true. So the other day my son told my husband that God told him to say something. Knowing that he was making it up, my husband asked him if it was a story and he said "no." So daddy told him that when God speaks through a person, that person is called a prophet. But when someone says that God says something He didn't say, that person is called a false prophet. And in the Bible people would throw rocks at a false prophet until he died.

Then my son started looking sad and said, "Daddy, I don't want you to throw rocks at me." Daddy said, "Why would I do that?" My son started crying and said, "Because I'm a false prophet!"

It's so hard not to laugh at that!!!  Grin

'Sing & be glad, Daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming & I will dwell in your midst, says the Lord. Many nations will join themselves to the Lord on that day & they will become a people unto Me; & I will dwell in your midst. Then you will know that the Lord sent me to you.'
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 03:18:35 PM »

Chesed,

Grin  Children are a lot of work, but they are treasures given to us by God. Along with the work comes JOY and quite a few laughs. It makes me very happy when I hear about Godly parents raising their children in the LORD. I don't know how old your son is, but it sounds like he knows quite a bit about the Holy Bible. I love to hear children talking about the Holy Bible, telling Bible stories, and singing. Their little minds soak up the riches of HIS WORD much better than we can imagine.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 07:57:51 PM »

It was farm day at my 3 year-old's Christian school one day last week.

He wore overalls and a "banana" (bandanna).   Grin

I bet the teachers have many memorable moments with a classroom full of those little people.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Chesed

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 11:33:29 PM »

Tom -

Your grandson sounds like such a character! I'm sure my son would love playing with him.  Cheesy My son is five. It is so much fun to see the faith and zeal he has at such as young age. I know why the Lord asks us to be like children.

We live near a Mormon church and he has often asked me what it is. So I told him that they are good people, but the don't worship the same God we do; that they worship a fake god. So he said, "Well, we should tell them that they are worshipping a fake god. Then they will throw away their books about the fake god and read the books about the real God." I like the way he thinks. Next time we get some mormon missionaries at our door, I think I'll let my son tell them like it is...   Grin

Take care,
Chesed

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2004, 01:03:30 AM »

Hello Chesed,

I think that my house has been banned for visitation by Mormons and JWs. I simply told them it was my house, I was going to preach, and they were going to listen.   Cheesy  It would be a hoot to watch a five year-old do that job.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2004, 07:32:24 AM »

My oldest daughter and I watched a video the other day. A well-known preacher was saying stuff that was about half-Scriptural. My littlest one walked through and heard one comment and said "That's not right! God did NOT say that!" and walked on.

She was right! And I did let her know -- right after I picked my jaw up off the floor!  Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2004, 05:29:45 PM »

Sincereheart,

All I can say is may God continue to bless you in your efforts to raise your children in the LORD. I am more convinced by the day that teaching our children HIS WORD is the most important thing we can do for our children. That actually arms them for a host of bad things that can and do happen in life. Education is a wonderful thing, especially when God is put first.

I absolutely love hearing children sing songs about Jesus and reciting Bible Verses. Even the little ones understand much more than what we think they do. I get to hear my 3 year old grandson do this, and it makes me happy just to think about that.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 05:21:23 AM »

My oldest daughter and I watched a video the other day. A well-known preacher was saying stuff that was about half-Scriptural. My littlest one walked through and heard one comment and said "That's not right! God did NOT say that!" and walked on.

She was right! And I did let her know -- right after I picked my jaw up off the floor!  Grin

Thats GRRREAT

P.S. I thought you didnt have any T.V.s

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 06:34:31 PM »

Thank you, Tom!  Cheesy

BL, We have television SETS just not RECEPTION.  Grin

We do watch DVD's and videos.  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the