Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:14:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Parenting (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Childrening??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Childrening??  (Read 12003 times)
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 05:13:49 PM »

There's an interesting difference of opinion in my family. I'm afraid my kids will surpass my intelligence, and they're afraid they won`t.  Lips Sealed

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 09:48:46 AM »

speaking of childrening ... Wink

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2004, 09:45:44 AM »

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20.00 bill.
In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?" Hands started going up.
He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this. He proceeded to crumple the $20 dollar bill up. He then asked, "Who still wants it?"
Still the hands were up in the air.
Well, he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty.
"Now, who still wants it?"
Still the hands went into the air.

"My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. "
It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who DO LOVE you.

If you see a young person on the street, and their hair is dyed colors you cant name,  and theres rings hanging from places you wouldnt think to stick a pin, and the clothes they are wearing were selected to shock even the most jaded in society, and they reek of  drugs you have never needed,  smile at them, offer them a kind word as you pass by, if your brave, stop and talk to them and show them love, these are  Gods twenty dollar bills, and worth more to Him than you or I can ever know!

I read a quote recently, it said "the love of God will make you want to hug those you otherwise wouldnt even want to touch."
Oh love of God, how rich and pure, how measureless and strong!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2004, 11:27:28 AM »

Shylynne,

Your post brought back many sad memories of 25 years on the street. Police Officers see these kids every day, and there are very few smiles, regardless of how hard one tries. Some of the smiles take many years. In the meantime, you watch many of them destroy themselves, and the officer is viewed as the enemy. It's hard to put into words. Many of them are there because of their complete rejection of authority (parents) or the lack of authority from their parents. In the absence of Godly parents as role models, this world is a hard and unbearable place for children. In fact, many of their role models were the opposite of Godly parents, and many of them were neglected and/or abused for most of their lives. There are no quick fixes, and many of them will die or spend time in prison before they are 20. Many officers spend much of their off time in trying to help them, but most of them wind up breaking your heart. Between their parents and society, their hurt was for most of their lives.

Christians have the answer, but it is a difficult task, not for the weak or the faint at heart.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 07:12:17 AM »

Christians have the answer, but it is a difficult task, not for the weak or the faint at heart.

amen Tom!

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 09:02:10 AM »

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2004, 09:56:48 AM »

*sigh*  Another valuable contribution from Shylynne.

A picture of America's typical parents today.

Roll Eyes

uh huh   Roll Eyes

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2004, 10:43:10 AM »

Boy, isn't that the truth, Shylynne.  And boy is it costly - the children running the household.

Shylynne,

Your post brought back many sad memories of 25 years on the street. Police Officers see these kids every day, and there are very few smiles, regardless of how hard one tries. Some of the smiles take many years. In the meantime, you watch many of them destroy themselves, and the officer is viewed as the enemy. It's hard to put into words. Many of them are there because of their complete rejection of authority (parents) or the lack of authority from their parents. In the absence of Godly parents as role models, this world is a hard and unbearable place for children. In fact, many of their role models were the opposite of Godly parents, and many of them were neglected and/or abused for most of their lives. There are no quick fixes, and many of them will die or spend time in prison before they are 20. Many officers spend much of their off time in trying to help them, but most of them wind up breaking your heart. Between their parents and society, their hurt was for most of their lives.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Embarrassed
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2004, 04:03:36 PM »

Shylynne,

Sister, your pictures are the sad truth for many children, especially the one indicating neglect and a don't bother me attitude of some parents. Some of the reasons are frightening. For some parents, their dope and alcohol rules the house, and children are a nuisance.

The authority problem when they get older is simple and common sense. Many of the troubled teens never had a mother or father they could respect. You will find that reality for many of these children is a nightmare. Some of them are thinking about suicide at age 5 and 6. Some of them were born with addictions to street drugs. And worse, many of them will suffer all kinds of physical and emotional disorders for what their parents did before they were born. For many, the torture continues after they are born.

For some of these children, they start committing crimes at 8 to 10. Some of them have killed before they are 12. We really shouldn't wonder why they don't appear to have a conscience or any sense of morals. They are victims, but they become very dangerous victims in many cases. In short, many of them were programmed since before birth to be sociopaths and sometimes even psychopaths.

I give thanks for all of the big-hearted people who volunteer for youth work. There will never be enough volunteers. Some of the hardest volunteer work is ministry at juvenile detention centers and Christian counseling. Some of the children do accept help, and some of them can be saved, both their hearts and their minds.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2004, 07:03:39 PM »

Yes I could`nt agree more with either of you. That second picture, tho meant to be humorous, portrays what is a very genuine beginning of sorrows for so many youth. Too many parents are too busy, too detached, too passive, too absent, and a host of other things that spell nothing more than neglect. Or else they are there, and make a pretense at paying attention, but then take the easy route of giving in to a child, loving them with toys and treats, and just about anything thier little hearts desire but not giving thier time.  This is also neglect.   I am personally heartsick with watching parents be either to lazy, or too self absorbed, or too gone, to be a parent, allowing thier children to talk back, take over, and basically become outcasts before they`ve barely had a chance to become part of society. Considering the  resources at parents fingertips that even I as a mother did not have access to, I find it all rather incredible. One of my pet peeves is parents who will buy thier children the best of everything, but pay absolutely no attention to what the child is eating, when early nutrition can change the whole outcome of a life.  Our children do not need adults whose connection too, and interaction and participation with them, is driven by guilt,  selfishness, and a show and tell mentality.
Society is full of parents that are so intent on  filling thier lives with THINGS, and making time for THEMSELVES, and the one thing that should be more important than anything else becomes lost to them, thier own children.  Cry  

Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2004, 01:31:59 PM »

How many children have actually posted in this thread?

"Men speak of killing time when time slowly killing them"
"We make war that we may live in peace"
"Practical politics consists in ignoring the facts"
"Everyone's quick to blame the Alien"
"Multiplication vexes me, Division is as bad, The ru
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2004, 08:51:48 PM »

Who really knows?   Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2004, 07:09:47 AM »

We all have parents ergo; we are all children.  Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2004, 02:02:11 PM »

Sincereheart,

I give thanks that we are also the children of God. I love my Heavenly Father more each day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2004, 08:27:42 AM »

Sincereheart,

I give thanks that we are also the children of God. I love my Heavenly Father more each day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen!  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the