Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:16:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I don't know
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I don't know  (Read 1826 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2004, 05:41:28 PM »

I’m really getting that urge to go soul searching. I guess it is pretty common for most 20 year old college students. But, I really don’t have this strong focus in school, and without a goal, it gets dull. I know what I like, but I don’t know what I want to do. So, I’ve been thinking a lot lately about a backpacking across Europe/biking across Africa kind of thing. That is what my older cousin did. He just took a year off and went to English, came back, went to school, and now, in the next month, he will graduate Grad school and become on official Attorney.

Anyways, I’ve just been feeling that college isn’t for me it this moment in time. I don’t know what I want to do. Just pray for me, pray that if it is God’s desire I have, that I will be set on the right path soon, and if it isn’t God’s desire, that I will forget about it.

It is Finals week, next week, maybe I an just upset over that. But, for the past month or 2, I have feel a discomfort with school I’ve never felt before. I’m a Freshman in college, maybe I need a break from school. This is like my 13th year and all, maybe I need a little change of pace. But, I’ve never been a fan of school. What do you guys think? All of your College grads, did you ever feel this way? It is a finals-week kind of thing, or what? I don’t know guys, just pray for me, pray God guilds me and leads me. Pray he sets me on the right path.

Love,
Chris

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 07:45:26 PM »

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto thee..."

It's a walk daily with the Almighty--we never know when we will meet our Maker.  So it's a good idea not trying to map out our lives--they aren't ours to begin with, anyway.

Nothing wrong with academics, though knowledge doth puffeth up.

Man's last domain that he has never conquered, is how to get along with each other.  Going to Europe or elsewhere won't help you there one iota.  "Though I give my body to be burned, and hath not What?--hath not love--I am but a clanging cymbal.

When we start to look about us for ways to demonstrate that Love that He has shown us, I suspect we'll pretty much know exactly what next to do, or what we should or need to be doing, at any given moment--even if it's just taking out the garbage, or calling on someone, or helping out...

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 11:52:13 PM »

Hey there tibby.

My sisters have gone through similar experiences. They're both in college and I'm headed that way too. I dont really know my sisters' feelings on college related experiences but I can emphathize on how it can feel to be lost.

I've been lost in a lot of things. Sometimes I just find myself sitting somewhere idle...knowing what I like, what I can do....but not knowing what I should do. It seems like you're going through a similar hardship. You are already on the right path brother. If you follow Jesus, the spirit is already guiding you. Pray to God that you can trust Him for what he is doing in your life. God is with you Chris. We will be praying.

"the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

John 14:26-27

For many of us out there, this is something we should meditate on.

God, be with us all. May I be constantly reminded that your presence is around me and in me. May it be that I sense the peace you promised me, Jesus. May I be troubled no more and fear no more. I praise You and thank You for Your endless love. I constantly sin, but you constantly forgive. I want you to guide me through Your spirit in accordance to your will.

In Jesus's name
Amen
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 12:19:03 AM by felix102 » Logged
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 10:38:42 PM »

Smiley
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 12:40:38 PM »

Thanks Felix.

I'm feeling a little better, with only 2 more tests to go, and the past 2 days having no school of any kind, I've been able to drink harm tea, late in a hammock, and relax. It has really helped me out, just winding down. And I'm sure prayers of the saints helped me too. Thanks guys!

Smiley

LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 02:49:41 PM »

Still praying for you Tibby!  I was just looking through a magazine I have here at home.  There was an article about how some colleges can be very anti-christian.  How have you found that to be?  Have you ever considered a Christian College?  Just wondering.  I have 4 boys and would love to encourage them to go to Christian Colleges.  I know the closer I get to the Lord the more I just talk about him in everyday conversation.  He is so much a part of each day.

God Bless,
LMarsh
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 05:23:07 PM »

I haven’t found that to be the case. Some colleges are heathenistic, yes, but none in my area are really “Anti-Christian.” Of course, this is Texas… Smiley

I was thinking about full time Seminary (I’m part time now) But a lot of the good schools in my state are pretty liberal. The Bishop just sent one of my best friends the Nebraska to get his training, just to avoid to Liberalism! If I wanted to go the Christian route, my only option are Liberal Catholic, Episcopalian and Methodist school, or Conservative but anti-Catholic and anti-charismatic Baptists schools. Of course, there is always Christ for the Nations Institute or Teen Mania’s Honor Academy, but they are more like Christian Trade-schools then Colleges. But, your boy's might enjoy going to one of them if they arn't sure what they want to do by the time they are out of High School. I’d love to go to a Christian College, but in Texas, a Conservative, Charismatic Catholic boy’s options are pretty limited. Undecided

LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 09:00:34 AM »

Great! Thanks very much Tibby for the information!
Good Luck and I'll keep praying for you!
In His Love,
LMarsh
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 10:18:17 PM »

or Conservative but anti-Catholic and anti-charismatic Baptists schools.
Roll Eyes

Brother Mr. Tibbs – I’ve been away for a couple of weeks, so I’ve been unable to make your life more miserable.  Smiley (Just kidding.)

Your statement above is just not true.  There you go again.  Lumping all conservatives as anti-Catholic and all Baptists as anti-charismatic is beneath your intelligence.  Aren’t they supposed to teach you how to think in college?   Huh

Anyhow – I popped in to give you a non-denominational, very-charismatic, somewhat-Baptist, and most importantly – a Praise the Lord prayer for your “I’m-20-and-don’t-know-what-to-do-next” prayer request.  

He’s watching out for you brother.  Between His loving hand and C-Unite prayer – you can’t go wrong!

Love you in Christ,
JN

PS:  Have you thought about Oral Robert’s University??  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Grin  Grin  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 08:37:39 PM »

GBY Tibby... just make sure that whatever path you choose, it is the one God wants. He wants and expects us to "step-out" and surely when we goof up He will let us know. As long as your focus and goal is God's righteousness, He'll pilot your boat safely to a good port. Happy sailing! You're in my prayers,

in Christ
Deke

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 01:42:45 AM »

or Conservative but anti-Catholic and anti-charismatic Baptists schools.
Roll Eyes

Brother Mr. Tibbs – I’ve been away for a couple of weeks, so I’ve been unable to make your life more miserable.  Smiley (Just kidding.)

Your statement above is just not true.  There you go again.  Lumping all conservatives as anti-Catholic and all Baptists as anti-charismatic is beneath your intelligence.  Aren’t they supposed to teach you how to think in college?   Huh

Lets read it in context, to see what I really meant:

this is Texas… my only option are Liberal Catholic, Episcopalian and Methodist school, or Conservative but anti-Catholic and anti-charismatic Baptists schools

I was referring to the Christian School situation in Texas.
 Smiley

Anyhow – I popped in to give you a non-denominational, very-charismatic, somewhat-Baptist, and most importantly – a Praise the Lord prayer for your “I’m-20-and-don’t-know-what-to-do-next” prayer request.  

Thanks

He’s watching out for you brother.  Between His loving hand and C-Unite prayer – you can’t go wrong!

Love you in Christ,
JN

PS:  Have you thought about Oral Robert’s University??  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Grin  Grin  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Yeah, for grad school, if I choose to go to law School. However, my Cousin went to Tulane, and I might consider going their, closer to home, and plus it is the only school in America that teaches Napoleonic Law, if I want to consider international law. Plus, with family as Alumi, I might get a good offer. Smiley

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 05:52:34 AM »

Tibby, maybe its time to change religions again Smiley Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

Yeah, Christianity is getting old. Maybe I should become one of whatever you are, BL. Grin

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2004, 12:18:32 AM »

Same here!  Grin
jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2004, 06:47:25 AM »

Lord, let Your peace and power reign here... in Christ, amen

Deke

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the