Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Need some advice, really.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need some advice, really.  (Read 2632 times)
The_Wanderer

God rules, literally!

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2004, 06:53:42 PM »

Well, I'm new to this forum so I guess this is a good place to post this (I mean, in the prayer requests.)
I have a friend, and she's a really good person. She's had a troubled past, and she never really grew up in any sort of Christian home. She has been baptized, but she's lost. lately she's been talking about going to the middle east and becoming Islamic. Sometimes she says she's Christian, and acts like it, and other times she says she's not Sad. I think she's searching for God, but in all the wrong places. Can anyone give me advice on how to help her find what she's looking for? Huh
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 11:10:05 PM »

Ooooo - TW,
Tough situation.  It sounds like she has been baptised in water but not the Holy Spirit.

My only advice - take her to church with you every chance you get.  Get her invloved with Christian friends.  DON'T LET HER GO!  Don't lose her to the devil!

I'll be praying!  (Do you have a first name I can use in prayer?)

(TW - by the way - WELCOME to C-Unite!)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 11:10:52 PM by JudgeNot » Logged

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
The_Wanderer

God rules, literally!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 08:27:29 PM »

Her name is Tara
Yeah I get you when you say she was baptized in water but not in the spirit. I'm planning to give her a book by Michael W Smith "Friends are friends forever" because it's chock-full of bible verses for situations.
Thanks!
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 10:12:07 PM »

good advise try to be thier for her support her and expose her to as much christianity as you can, bring her to a light but interesting bible study , that can get her thinking. if she gets lost , this doesnt meen she wount be back shell never forget what you expose her to and this will help her come back. god works in strange  ways it might not be her that is being worked on it might be you.   Wink
                                ill pray for the three of us now.
                                     the butcha
The_Wanderer

God rules, literally!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 10:18:49 AM »

Yeah I try to get her to some youth group stuff, but since she lives with a foster family she can't get to youth group. its like every time i try to get her to somethiing at Church theres something that interferes.  Angry
And BUTCHA, you're so right. Just a while ago I realized that the reason I've become more of a Christian is because of my wanting to see HER become christian.
Whoa. Thats pretty deep.  Grin
thanks a lot you guys.
jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 08:09:13 PM »

Not knowing the particulars... I'd say get her to a real bible preachin', Spirit filled, Jesus-love-filled Pastor/Preacher asap...
(the "how" God has put into YOUR hands).

God's speed...
Deke

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 03:58:15 PM »

And BUTCHA, you're so right. Just a while ago I realized that the reason I've become more of a Christian is because of my wanting to see HER become christian.
Whoa. Thats pretty deep.  Grin
thanks a lot you guys.
Pretty deep!  Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »

Islam, uh? Sounds like your friend is the kind of person that sits in front of a blank TV screen for 10 minutes then declares there is nothing on. She expects God to come down and rain her with blesses while she does whatever see wants. It doesn’t work like that. You have to turn on the TV. You have to seek the kingdom of God. Don’t worry, this is normally a stage most young people go thru. They think it is something God is doing, it is really that he is waiting for them. They pretend to join other faiths. Most of them get over it. The most you can do is pray for her, and show that you understand. Don’t be demeaning and don’t tell her she is wrong. She will not listen to you, only get mad at you. Just be there for her, and pray for her.

Well, that is my best guess at least. That is what it sounds like. Pretty common phase for most teens. A lot of kids have there alternative lifestyle of religion they think about joining. Mine was Buddhism Grin and Wiccanism after that. Grin I know some highschoolers who start saying they will worship Greek Gods now. In the 80's Satanism was popular. It wasn't real Satanism, just a cheap rock-and-roll gimmick.  lol, it is common for a lot of kids. I wouldn't be too worried. Just pray for her and be there for her.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 06:24:11 PM »

Well, the problem with these religion fads is that they really do open up the door for spiritual trouble. Even if the satanism of the 80s was a gimmick, I'm certain the devil took advantage of that. Because, even if they leave the practices, they are still accountable for those behaviors on the last day. And who knows how many will suffer harder spiritual battle if they ever do return to Christ. It's one thing to abandon false practices, but it's another to embrace Christ and take up the cross and follow after Him.

Wanderer, were there any reasons why she's doing this? Did she say why she turned away from Christ?

Praying.

The_Wanderer

God rules, literally!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 08:20:43 PM »

Well actually I have something great to tell 'yall.
SHe came to youth this week, and she's going to come to church on sunday. And when she was at youth.....she really acted like she liked it a lot. I really think the problem lies in who she hangs out with. She even told me that she puts on a "front" when she's around her (unsaved) friends. But little by little, ever since I posted on this forum theres been changes in her.
You guys, I cant thank u enough!
jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 05:31:31 PM »

We will keep praying... you keep working on her!

In Christ,
Deke

jive4005@hotmail.com
LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 06:49:36 PM »

Praying for your friend.  Cheesy
LMarsh
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2004, 07:54:50 PM »

But little by little, ever since I posted on this forum theres been changes in her.

Oh, good!  Cheesy Lord, thank you for the subtle ways you have been changing Wanderer's friend! Help her to be able to stay focused, and to not be afraid of what her unsaved friends will think of her!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
The_Wanderer

God rules, literally!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 02:19:41 PM »

Me again. Well, its going great, you guys.
God is really working this year. Lately I've gotten her to youth, church, and actually she was talking about getting baptised.......again. (I mean, ACTUALLY baptised.)
I think it would be too big of a step this early but only God knows whats best Grin. Its good to know theres good Christian people out there, thanks you guys. You bring light into this big, dark internet.  Tongue
jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2004, 07:05:51 AM »

Would it be possible to get this friend's first name... it makes prayer easier (at least it does for me)...

GBY
Deke

jive4005@hotmail.com
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the