Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  LAW KEEPERS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LAW KEEPERS  (Read 5432 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2004, 04:38:17 PM »

Every Law Keeper and Sabbath Keeper I know does NOT need a license to sin, they sin more than most.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
The Crusader
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 04:28:34 AM »

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2:16

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Romans 11:6

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Romans 3:24

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5
The Crusader
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 05:09:13 AM »

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, THEN CHRIST IS DEAD IN VAIN." (Galatians 2:21)
The Crusader
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 05:24:29 AM »

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:" (Philippians 3:7 9)
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 11:48:30 AM »

Matt 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Rom 2:13  (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Mat 19:16-17  And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?   And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mar 10:17-19  And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?   And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.  Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Mat 5:19-29  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.  For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

1John 3:15  Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Luke 18:18-22  And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?  And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.  Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.  And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.  Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 04:38:08 PM »

THE DANGERS OF LEGALISM

EVERY FEW DAYS I receive letters and tracts from men  trying  to persuade  me  that, though we are free in Christ, we are yet under the bondage of the law. Some of these are good men, men who believe and preach the gospel of God’s free grace in Christ. But their error in this point is most serious and grievous.

l. If you seek to be justified by the law, you will surely perish. It is written: ‘By the deeds of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight.’

2. If you seek sanctification or seek to be-come more holy by obedience to the law, you will become self-righteous. Self- righteous-ness is neither more nor less than your own righteousness. It is a supposed righteous-ness performed by you. It is that proud foolishness of heart which supposes that you are more holy than others.

3. If you make the law your rule of life, you will lose the joy of serving Christ. The joy of Christian service is the fact that it is free, unconstrained and spontaneous. It is motivated by love. But when you make the law of God a rule of life the motive becomes fear or desire for reward and all joy is destroyed.

4. If you seek assurance by obeying the law, you will become despondent and fearful. The old Puritans, sound as they were in many points, could never gain any comforting assurance and their congregations were never allowed to enjoy any because they sought it on a legal basis. Some were driven to such despondency by legal fear that they had to be locked away in asylums to keep them from committing suicide. The law breeds fear. You cannot obey it. It can never comfort anyone except a proud, self-right-eous man who does not understand it.

5. If you seek acceptance before God in any measure whatsoever upon the basis of the law, you will never be accepted at all. Christ alone is our acceptance before God. He is all our righteousness, all our sanctification, all our holiness, all our redemption and all our peace. To add anything to his finished work is to make his work vain and useless. Christ will be all, or he will be nothing.

—Don Fortner

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
The Crusader
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 04:06:18 AM »

Every Law Keeper and Sabbath Keeper I know does NOT need a license to sin, they sin more than most.

How True
4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 12:25:44 PM »

Romans 3:19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

I Romans 2:14-15... 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15 since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)

Martin Luther understood.... I fear that after our time the right handling of the Law will become a lost are. Even now, although we continually explain the seperate functions of the Law and the Gospel,we have those among us who do not understand how the Law should be used. What will it be like when we are dead and gone?

his explained elswhere..

As long as a person is not a murderer, adulterer, thief, he would swear that he is righteous. How is God going to humble such a person except by Law. The Law is the hammer of death, the thunder of hell and the thunder of God's wrath to bring downthe proud and shameless hypocrites. When the Law was instituted on Mount Sinai it was accompanied by lightning, by storms, by the sound of trumpets, to tear to pieces that monster called self righteousness. As long as a person thinks he is right he is going to be incomprehensibly proud and presumptuous. He is going to hate God, despise His grace and mercy, and ignore the promises in Christ. The Gospel of free forgiveness of sins through Christ will never appeal to the self-righteous. This monster of self-righteousness, this stiff necked beast, needs a big axe. And that is what the Law is, a big axe. Accordingly the proper use and function of the Law is to threaten until the conscience is scared stiff

You don't hear preaching like that in the Christianity light churches of today.

A puritan author Samuel Bolton said it best...

The Law sends us to the Gospel, that we may be justified, and the Gospel sends us to the law again to inquire what is our duty in being justified.

God bless.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 01:31:57 PM »

Read it for FREE online

http://www.gracebibleministries.org/GBMstudies/DictGospel/DictofGospel.htm  

"JUSTIFICATION"

JUSTIFICATION: means: To Reckon, or To Declare One Righteous.

The Greek word for "Justify" is actually the same Greek word which is translated "righteousness" in Romans 3:21 & 22. Therefore to "JUSTIFY" means: To "Righteous-ify" or; To Reckon One Righteous.

NOTE: This does not mean that the Believer is made righteous as far as his practical life is concerned. It means that God declares him to be righteous. Remember, the righteousness given to a Believer is not handed to him, but is put to his account. You are not made as righteous as Jesus Christ, you are credited as having His righteousness. It is on this basis that God declares you righteous.

WHO DOES GOD DECLARE RIGHTEOUS, AND WHY; AND HOW CAN A HOLY GOD DO THIS?

Job, in Job 9:1,2, and his friend Bildad were among the first to ask this question in Job 25:4:

"HOW THEN CAN MAN BE JUSTIFIED WITH GOD? OR HOW CAN HE BE CLEAN THAT IS BORN OF A WOMAN?"

Now finally in the gospel given to Paul, the answer is made known, by Romans 3:28:

"THEREFORE WE CONCLUDE THAT A MAN IS JUSTIFIED BY FAITH WITHOUT THE DEEDS OF THE LAW"

Remember our previous two word studies. We understand from the word "Impute" that God takes His righteousness and puts it to the account of all who believe in Jesus Christ. Therefore even though I am a sinner (as Romans 3:23 clearly states), the moment I believe, God credits His righteousness to me and then declares me righteous. This is "Justification".

Romans 8:33 Says we are Justified by God. - He is the Source.

Romans 5:9 Says we are Justified by Blood. - Christ’s blood is the Basis.

Romans 3:24 Says we are Justified by Grace. -This is the Means

Romans 5:1 Says we are Justified by Faith. - Here is the Appropriation.

Romans 4:25 Says we are Justified by the Resurrection of Christ. - This is the Guarantee

"JUSTIFICATION" IS A LEGAL TERM.

"Justification" speaks of a favorable verdict from God which is pronounced the moment a person believes in Christ. The unfavorable verdict is "damnation", which is already upon us and is sealed at death for those neglecting to believe in Christ. The final sentence will come at the future "Great White Throne Judgment Of God" spoken of in Revelation 20:11-15.

Courtrooms are always very frightening, especially if it is you who is going up before the judge. As we think about the term "Justification", the scene is in the courtroom of God's Justice. God is the Judge. His righteousness is the standard. The time of this hearing is our lifetime (not after we die).

There we stand before the HIGH AND HOLY JUDGEMENT BAR OF GOD; and we stand there knowing full well that we fall far short of His standard of holiness: we know we are sinners; and we know we're guilty! Yet if we will only believe in what Jesus Christ accomplished for us on the Cross, His righteousness will be put to our account; and when God sounds His verdict, he will declare the believer "RIGHTEOUS"!

PRACTICAL POINT:
The practical application of this doctrine could not be better put than in Romans 8:33:

"WHO SHALL LAY ANYTHING TO THE CHARGE OF GOD'S ELECT? IT IS GOD THAT JUSTIFIETH."

There is no sin that can condemn a Justified person to hell. No person; not yourself; not even the Devil can charge you with anything once God declares you righteous. This was Paul's reasoning after making the statement in Romans 8:31;

"IF GOD BE FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US?"

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 02:03:27 PM »

A4C,

Amen to that last post brother, Amen Cool We're not just pardoned criminals but have been declared Righteous by God Himself, what a unmerited gift of Grace. I settle for pardoned criminal but God in His Grace and Mercy has declared us Righteous in Christ, justified, being Sanctified, to be Glorified, and he guarenteed it! Awesome isn't it?

Paul2 Cool

4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 06:30:18 PM »

A4C, I agree with everything you just posted. We are justified in Christ and his work on the Cross. Nothing else. But if we disregard the Law completely, then what.

Maybe your misunderstanding my last post, I didn't have time earlier to complete it, so here goes

Martin Luther again..

There are three ways in which the Law may be abused. First, by the self-righteous hypocrites who fancy that they can be justified by the Law. Secondly, by those who claim that Christian liberty exempts a Christian from the obsrevance of the Law. "These," says Peter, "use their liberty for a cloak of maliciousness," and bring the name of the Gospel into ill repute. Thirdly, the Law is meant to drive us to Christ. When the Law is properly used it's value cannot be too highly appraised. It will take me to Christ every time.

Since you're probably a Calvinist, as am I.

Calvin said...

The third principal use, which pertains more more closely to the proper purpose of the law, finds its place among believers in whose hearts the Spirit of God already lives and reigns. For even though they have the law written and engravedupon their hearts by the finger of God [ Jeremiah 31:33; Hebrews 10:16], that is, have been so moved and quickened through the directing of the Spirit that they long to obey God, they still profit by the law. (institutes, 2.7.12)

We cannot disregard all the scriture that points to the cross for justification, but we also can't ignore all of the scripture that speaks about the Law.

Jesus said.."If you love me, you will obey what I commanded" (John 14:15) Now, is He speeking of justification, NO. If anyone believes that obeying the Law justifies them, then I would say what dirty rag will you put before the Lord to justify yourself. If anyone thinks they are justified by Christ and works, I would say you have just disparaged the cross and are double minded, you cannot both glory in the Cross and dispairage it at the same time. We are justified in Christ alone. But because of this, does this mean the Law has no further use? I believe scripture teaches that it still does have a use.

I'm going to post this before I lose it, I have more.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 08:24:30 PM by 4JC » Logged
4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2004, 06:52:31 PM »

The shorter Catechism ... Westminister Devines...

Question 1 What is the chief end of man?

Question 2 what rule has God Given to direct us how we may glorify and enjoy Him?

Question 3  What do scriptures principally teach?

Question 39 What is the duty which God requires of man?

Question 40 What did God at first reveal to man for a rule of his obedience?

Question 41 where is the moral law summarily comprehended?

The moral law is summarily comprehended in the ten commandments.

You'll notice each question answers the previous one

I hope we are on the same page and this is just a misunderstanding. If not, please reconsider you position. When it comes down to an all or nothing debate concerning the Law, in other words The Law must justify or you can't have it. Then the debate is flawed from the beginning. Not to long ago I believed that the Law had no place for today. After further study, I believe it does, but not to justify us.

God Bless, Your brother in Christ.
4JC

The Crusader
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 05:05:25 AM »

My Favorite Web-Sites And Studies
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A Little Light Bible Fellowship
http://www.alittlelight.org/
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Question:  What is the difference between "law" and "grace"?  

Answer:  Under the law system, God's relationship with man was on the basis of man's obedience to God's divine law. Failure to obey resulted in withholding of blessings, punishment, separation and death.
God's command to man was "thou shalt..." and his promise was "I will..." Some examples are found in Exodus 20: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." "Thou shalt not kill." "An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee." (verses 3, 7, 13, 24)

What was the problem with the law? Simply put, man failed to keep it and thus man became guilty of all. "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." James 2:10 The law was weak in the flesh. When Christ shed his blood on the cross, he condemned sin in the flesh and liberated us from the law. "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Romans 8:2-4

What was the purpose of the law? To teach us that we are sinners and that we are in need a Saviour. "Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." Romans 3:19-20 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." Galatians 3:24-25

Under grace, God's relationship with man is based upon His mercy in giving man total and complete forgiveness for sins. The sacrifices under the law could not take away sins. "For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins." Hebrews 10:4 These sacrifices were only a temporary solution. God provided a permanent solution by taking away sins with the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. "Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool." Hebrews 10:9-13

Because man fell short of God's glory by sinning, God set forth Jesus Christ as our propitiation (or fully satisfying sacrifice). "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus." Romans 3:23-26

The law taught us of our short comings and our need for salvation. Grace teaches us of our completeness in Christ. "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespases; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." Colossians 2:6-15

The law required continual obedience. Grace requires one time acceptance. The law worketh wrath. "Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression." Romans 4:15 Through grace, we have peace. "THEREFORE being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1-2 "Moreover the law entered that the offence might abound, But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 5:20-21

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004, 11:13:13 AM »

You have a good point, Petro.

When the young lawyer asked Jesus: "Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life", Jesus didn't say: "Just believe on Me".  Jesus went to the law.  Does this seem strange?

wopik,

There you go, and the reason why Jesus pointed Him to the Law, is because at that very moment there was no NO NEW Covenant in effect, have you not read;

Heb 9
13  For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15  And for this cause He is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16  For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.[/b]
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The Law was the only way to God, which was effect, only by odedience to it, could man receive the promise faith of Jesus Christ, that they might be justified by FAITH, isn't this what Paul taught at

Gal 3:
20  Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21  Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22  But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23  But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24  Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25  But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26  For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

You see, verse 24,  "after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster."

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

And of course, the commandments were the principle element of the Law, since without the commandments, the Law of Moses could not have been the Law of Sin and Death.

No commandments, No sin, and No death.

And thats exactly where we are today, those who are in Christ, are NOT under the Law of Commandments contained in Ordinances, since Jesus not only abolished, but blotted them out (the handwritten ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; Col 2:14) , to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

It is simple but yet, hard to understand, unless one possesses  the Spirit of God.

Petro
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 11:20:55 AM by Petro » Logged

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 11:49:11 AM »

Notice what was handwritten;

Deut 9
10  And the LORD delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the LORD spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly.

All the WORDS, means exactly that;

This is NOT refering to the 10 commandments only, which is contrary to what you would say, it is speaking of all the words which the Lord Spake to Moses.

You cannot separate the 10 commandments from the other commandments, given to Moses

Well actually you and others do, because you desire to subvert Gods Word to your own advantage.

However the scriptures are clear that Moses spent 40 days and nights upon the mountain, and in the two tables of stones (Ex 34:1) the entire words of the covenant and the ten commandments were written,

note;

Ex 34
 27  And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
28  And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.
29  And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
30  And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.

Now notice what the Apostle Paul says at:

2 Cor 3
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious,...............

..............so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8  How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9  For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
10  For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
11  For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
12  Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
13  And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
14  But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ.
15  But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.

Are you saved, a born again Christian, who possesses the Holy Spirit of God??

Petro

« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 09:29:22 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the