Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:52:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Laughter (Good Medicine) (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Women Strike Back!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Women Strike Back!  (Read 32231 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2004, 12:36:15 AM »

oh I thought that meant we must pick on men sometimes  Wink
Nope you should learn how to be nice to men. Grin

Uhhhh.... why?  Huh

Tongue
Cause with out us it would be a lonely world. Grin

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2004, 07:12:06 PM »

GGRRRRRRR, PPppppppffffff Mewo, Ppppppfffftttt Grrrrrrrr   Wink
Nice kitty nice kitty, don't GGRRRRRRR, PPppppppffffff Mewo, Ppppppfffftttt Grrrrrrrr me or you will get a bath. Wink Grin
By the way all 4 of my cats love water. Grin

Oh sure you must have brain washed all your kitties!! Normally kittes are terrified of any water! So, confess what's your trick anyhow, come on, or I will tickle you!!

Blessings,  \o/
My cats are calico, most calico cats like water. Sorry but I am not ticklish. Grin

yadda, uh huh (whatever) Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2004, 12:39:00 AM »

GGRRRRRRR, PPppppppffffff Mewo, Ppppppfffftttt Grrrrrrrr   Wink
Nice kitty nice kitty, don't GGRRRRRRR, PPppppppffffff Mewo, Ppppppfffftttt Grrrrrrrr me or you will get a bath. Wink Grin
By the way all 4 of my cats love water. Grin

Oh sure you must have brain washed all your kitties!! Normally kittes are terrified of any water! So, confess what's your trick anyhow, come on, or I will tickle you!!

Blessings,  \o/
My cats are calico, most calico cats like water. Sorry but I am not ticklish. Grin

yadda, uh huh (whatever) Grin

Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2004, 11:50:57 PM »

(A joke my daughter sent me that I just had to post for the nice ladies here. Please read the entire joke before you think about tearing my head off.)

Dear Friends,

It is important for men to remember that as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping  as they did when they were younger.

When men notice this, they should try not to yell. Let me relate how my retiree, Bob, handled the situation.

Bob explains... "When I got laid off from my consulting job and took "early retirement" in April, it became necessary for my wife, Nancy,  to get a full-time job, both for extra income and for health benefits that we need. It was shortly after she started working that I noticed that she was beginning to show her age.

I usually get home from fishing or hunting about the same time she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says that she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts supper. I try not to yell. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she finally does get supper on the table.

She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. It is now not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after supper. I do what I can by reminding her several times each evening that they aren't cleaning themselves. I know she appreciates this, as it does seem to help her get them done before she goes to bed.

Now that she is older, she seems to get tired so much more quickly.  Our washer and dryer are in the basement. Sometimes she says she just can't make another trip down those steps. I don't make a big issue of this. As long as she finishes up the laundry the next evening I am willing to overlook it.

Not only that, but unless I need something ironed to wear to the Monday lodge meeting or to Wednesday's or Saturday's poker club or to Tuesday's or Thursday's bowling or something like that, I will tell her to wait until the next evening to do the ironing.  This gives her little more time to do some of those odds and ends things like shampooing the dog, vacuuming or dusting. Also, if I have had a really good day fishing, this allows her to gut and scale the fish at a more leisurely pace.

Nancy is starting to complain a little occasionally. For example, she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour. In spite of her complaining, I continue to try to
offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days. That way she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any,
if you know what I mean.

When doing simple jobs she seems to think she needs more rest periods. She had to take a break when she was only half finished mowing the  yard. I try not to embarrass her when she needs these little extra rest breaks. I  tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and
just sit for a while. I tell her that as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me and take her break by the hammock so she can talk with me until I fall asleep.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Nancy on a daily basis. I'm not saying that the ability to show this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible. No one knows better than I do how frustrating  women can become as they get older.

However, guys, even if you just yell at your wife a little less often because of this article, I will consider that writing it was worthwhile."

Bob's funeral was on Saturday, January, 25th, Nancy was acquitted Monday, January, 27th.

Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2004, 05:10:26 AM »

(A joke my daughter sent me that I just had to post for the nice ladies here. Please read the entire joke before you think about tearing my head off.)

Dear Friends,

It is important for men to remember that as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping  as they did when they were younger.

When men notice this, they should try not to yell. Let me relate how my retiree, Bob, handled the situation.

Bob explains... "When I got laid off from my consulting job and took "early retirement" in April, it became necessary for my wife, Nancy,  to get a full-time job, both for extra income and for health benefits that we need. It was shortly after she started working that I noticed that she was beginning to show her age.

I usually get home from fishing or hunting about the same time she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says that she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts supper. I try not to yell. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she finally does get supper on the table.

She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. It is now not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after supper. I do what I can by reminding her several times each evening that they aren't cleaning themselves. I know she appreciates this, as it does seem to help her get them done before she goes to bed.

Now that she is older, she seems to get tired so much more quickly.  Our washer and dryer are in the basement. Sometimes she says she just can't make another trip down those steps. I don't make a big issue of this. As long as she finishes up the laundry the next evening I am willing to overlook it.

Not only that, but unless I need something ironed to wear to the Monday lodge meeting or to Wednesday's or Saturday's poker club or to Tuesday's or Thursday's bowling or something like that, I will tell her to wait until the next evening to do the ironing.  This gives her little more time to do some of those odds and ends things like shampooing the dog, vacuuming or dusting. Also, if I have had a really good day fishing, this allows her to gut and scale the fish at a more leisurely pace.

Nancy is starting to complain a little occasionally. For example, she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour. In spite of her complaining, I continue to try to
offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days. That way she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any,
if you know what I mean.

When doing simple jobs she seems to think she needs more rest periods. She had to take a break when she was only half finished mowing the  yard. I try not to embarrass her when she needs these little extra rest breaks. I  tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and
just sit for a while. I tell her that as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me and take her break by the hammock so she can talk with me until I fall asleep.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Nancy on a daily basis. I'm not saying that the ability to show this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible. No one knows better than I do how frustrating  women can become as they get older.

However, guys, even if you just yell at your wife a little less often because of this article, I will consider that writing it was worthwhile."

Bob's funeral was on Saturday, January, 25th, Nancy was acquitted Monday, January, 27th.

Grin

I just love a happy ending!  Grin

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2004, 06:51:17 PM »

Dear Friends,

if you know what I mean.

Grin

I just love a happy ending!  Grin

ROFL!

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2005, 05:04:37 PM »

Men are always whining about how us women are suffocating them. Personally, I think if you can hear them whining, the noose is too loose!  Grin

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2005, 05:34:13 PM »

Men are always whining about how us women are suffocating them. Personally, I think if you can hear them whining, the noose is too loose!  Grin

Shylynne,

Grin   Grin  My wife talks and I listen. I only whine when I know that I'm in trouble with her.   Grin

She usually just sends me to my room when I'm in trouble, but that's where I wanted to be anyway. Please don't tell her.   Grin

Shemaya
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2005, 10:37:23 PM »

If women ruled the world.....everything would be clean.LOL Grin
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the