Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:42:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Music (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Pillar
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pillar  (Read 3699 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2004, 07:29:19 AM »

Yes. It isn't hard. I can also walk and chew gum at the same time! CALL RIPLEY'S!

Doubtful till seen.... Tongue

There is plenty we can say. Money talks. Start investing in band with talent, and get all your friends to, and they will starting to change.

And who decides if the bands have talent? Tibby?  Lips Sealed

All I can say is that if Tibby doesn't like them, they must be pretty awesome! I'll check them out and even follow Tibby's advice and let the money talk!  Grin

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2004, 02:33:32 PM »

Yes. It isn't hard. I can also walk and chew gum at the same time! CALL RIPLEY'S!

Doubtful till seen.... Tongue

Try it some time, you might surprise yourself with the kind of things you can accomplish when you put your mind to it. I find the best walking gun it Trident, the only problem is you have to use half a pack to get a good wad in your mouth. The best gum for beginners would have to be Bubbleyum. Doublemint is also good if you are first starting out. Grin Cool

There is plenty we can say. Money talks. Start investing in band with talent, and get all your friends to, and they will starting to change.

And who decides if the bands have talent?

Simple, the artistic community. If we get some real artists and musicians signed, the no-talent hacks like Brittany Spears and Korn wouldn’t last a week on any charts. Good music will win out over good gimmicks any day of the week if given half a chance.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2004, 07:21:10 AM »

Try it some time, you might surprise yourself with the kind of things you can accomplish when you put your mind to it. I find the best walking gun it Trident, the only problem is you have to use half a pack to get a good wad in your mouth. The best gum for beginners would have to be Bubbleyum. Doublemint is also good if you are first starting out.

Wow! Except for the little detail you forgot. We have five kids ranging from 25 down to 7. I am a mom. I multi-task.... Cool
But I am so glad that you're learning..... Grin

Simple, the artistic community. If we get some real artists and musicians signed, the no-talent hacks like Brittany Spears and Korn wouldn’t last a week on any charts. Good music will win out over good gimmicks any day of the week if given half a chance.

Now if only it made any sense.... You say Korn and Britney aren't 'good' music; yet they've won out. Hmmmm..... Wait, don't tell me! Let me guess.... You're a better 'artist' than any of the ones out there now?  Lips Sealed (though I must say I'm not a fan of Korn or Britney....)

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2004, 08:45:57 AM »

Try it some time, you might surprise yourself with the kind of things you can accomplish when you put your mind to it. I find the best walking gun it Trident, the only problem is you have to use half a pack to get a good wad in your mouth. The best gum for beginners would have to be Bubbleyum. Doublemint is also good if you are first starting out.

Wow! Except for the little detail you forgot. We have five kids ranging from 25 down to 7. I am a mom. I multi-task.... Cool
But I am so glad that you're learning..... Grin

I didn't forget, you have not told me this detail. I only knew of you as a mother, I wasn't sure about the of who part.
 Wink

Now if only it made any sense....

And it doesn't because why...?

You say Korn and Britney aren't 'good' music; yet they've won out.

YES, that is exactly right! Are you going to parot what I have already said, or reply to it?

Hmmmm..... Wait, don't tell me! Let me guess.... You're a better 'artist' than any of the ones out there now?  Lips Sealed

I never said that, honey, now did I?

(though I must say I'm not a fan of Korn or Britney....)

Nice to know

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2004, 07:02:48 AM »

I didn't forget, you have not told me this detail. I only knew of you as a mother, I wasn't sure about the of who part.

Ah, it's been told..... you must have missed it!  Wink My baby boys are 25 and 22.... Tongue

Because they've been voted as 'talented' by the very method you prescribed.... CASH!  Wink

Not sure who this is in reference to..... Though I'm not 'honey' I'll ask again.... Do you think you are more talented than they are?

People will listen to what they like. As with any art, the emotional response is a consideration. I'm not a Pollock fan, yet he's considered to be 'talented'. And I'd much rather hear a child sing 'Jesus Loves Me' than to listen to opera.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2004, 11:22:14 AM »

Ah, it's been told..... you must have missed it!  Wink My baby boys are 25 and 22.... Tongue

In that case, I’m proud of you. You must be a wonderful mother and wife.

Because they've been voted as 'talented' by the very method you prescribed.... CASH!  Wink

Not sure who this is in reference to..... Though I'm not 'honey' I'll ask again.... Do you think you are more talented than they are?

Yes, I am more talented them many artist out their today, which is why this topic makes me so angry. I know guys who DANCE on the fret board, but who will never be able to make it big because they will not play the game and sleep with the right bunch of people. I can give you names and numbers of the best Bluegrass musicians in the Area, guy who have been playing for longer then I have been alive (a fact that is clearly demonstrated every time they touch a guitar) but they will never make it bigger then local venue’s because of a little thing called Music Television. MTV, VH1, CMT.

People will listen to what they like. As with any art, the emotional response is a consideration. I'm not a Pollock fan, yet he's considered to be 'talented'. And I'd much rather hear a child sing 'Jesus Loves Me' than to listen to opera.

Well, that depends on which opera  Wink And which child Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2004, 06:57:38 AM »

Yes, I am more talented them many artist out their today, which is why this topic makes me so angry.

Roll Eyes

I know guys who DANCE on the fret board, but who will never be able to make it big because they will not play the game and sleep with the right bunch of people.

Is that a big problem in East Texas?  Roll Eyes

I can give you names and numbers of the best Bluegrass musicians in the Area, guy who have been playing for longer then I have been alive (a fact that is clearly demonstrated every time they touch a guitar) but they will never make it bigger then local venue’s because of a little thing called Music Television. MTV, VH1, CMT.

Then why don't they make a CD and distribute it themselves? Wink

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 11:16:03 AM »

Yes, I am more talented them many artist out their today, which is why this topic makes me so angry.

Roll Eyes

I know guys who DANCE on the fret board, but who will never be able to make it big because they will not play the game and sleep with the right bunch of people.

Is that a big problem in East Texas?  Roll Eyes

It is a big problem all over the world, and not just in Music. One of the Musicians, Dr. Sam Smith, is a Ciropractor. He is the best in town, and the only one that will annoint you with oil and pray for you if you are in real pain! However, he doesn't play the popularity game, doesn't go to the big churches, or the country clubs, and he is really losing cash. Dr. Dement and Dr. Darr play the game and roll in the dough. I'm not to upset with Dement, but Darr leaves his clinets coming out in MORE pain then they went in with. And People don't see that because he plays the game. He also cheats on his wife with one of this College-age staff members. Still, he plays the game. Angry

I can give you names and numbers of the best Bluegrass musicians in the Area, guy who have been playing for longer then I have been alive (a fact that is clearly demonstrated every time they touch a guitar) but they will never make it bigger then local venue’s because of a little thing called Music Television. MTV, VH1, CMT.

Then why don't they make a CD and distribute it themselves? Wink

They do Cry They all ahve at least one CD, if not more.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the