Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:00:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The "GRACE" Movement (Hot Potato!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "GRACE" Movement (Hot Potato!)  (Read 13980 times)
Palmoni

To decide NOT to decide IS to decide!

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2004, 01:51:58 PM »

SmileyWhat IS the "Grace Movement" all about? How does it Differ from Protestantism? Or Catholics? Or Jewish Faith?

PALMONI [[ If what you believe is not worth dying for, then maybe it's not worth living for. ]]
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 06:19:56 PM »

SmileyWhat IS the "Grace Movement" all about? How does it Differ from Protestantism? Or Catholics? Or Jewish Faith?

I know nothing, of it, but;

It won't surprise me, to hear, this movement separates grace from faith, claiming grace is a gift, and faith is not...

And then, goes on to teach, salvation is 100% of God.

Petro

The Crusader
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 08:32:05 AM »

Everyone should know The "GRACE" Movement started in Acts chapter 9.

The Crusader
<Smiley))><
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 05:24:35 AM by The Crusader » Logged
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 11:15:43 AM »

I don't think, that is the one being referred to herein..

Then again I could be wrong.........

Petro

The Crusader
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 05:40:57 AM »

Still waiting to hear your answer Palmoni

Your friend and brother
The Crusader
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 09:39:02 AM »

HuhHuhHuhHuh?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 03:11:55 PM »

Still waiting to hear your answer Palmoni

Your friend and brother

Same here Palmoni

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
russ44k

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 07:12:44 PM »

I have info on the Grace move and Ill get it out andshare what it is but basically Because of Grace being free all you have to say is I belive and faith is not needed nor repentance

B= basic
I= instructions
B= before
L= leaving
E=earth
russ44k

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 10:58:03 PM »

The Grace Movement is also called Free Grace .
They  start with this view  that you can receive Christ as your Savior and  not as Lord ,they then interpret the whole New Testament in that light.
I'm going to list some of the type of teaching they teach,and I believe with just a little study the false teaching can be rebuked.
1] Repentance is never included as part of the Gospel message.
2]One may receive Christ as Savior, yet reject Him as Lord.That is ,one may receive Christ by faith alone(intellectual assent is the definition some of them affirm to ),yet do so with on going rebellion--accepting the gift while shaking a fist at the giver.God does not necessarily change the heart when he saves someone.
3]True Christians will not necessarily evidence their faith by works(fruit) .In fact a true Christian may never show any evidence of a new birth.
4] True Christians will not necessarily persevere  in the faith.In fact a true Christian may receive Jesus as Savior ,later become intellectually unconvinced of the Gospel ,denounce Christ and become an atheist ;however ,because of that decision made at one time,he is still considered saved.
5]Christians will be divided into to groups at the judgement seat, the overcoming Christians will be allowed to reign with Christ in the millennial kingdom,they are the heirs.the unfaithful,carnal believers however will get into the kingdom but will not reign with Christ .they will be barred from the banquet.

As can be seen this is a teaching that is false and has the potential to lead some to hell .

Hope this is usefull

B= basic
I= instructions
B= before
L= leaving
E=earth
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »

I am at this present time in THE GRACE MOVEMENT.  As you know , there is division with it walls. We have those that are Acts 9, or Acts 13, and there isn't much argument concerning those 2 positions , where the body of Christ began. Some are 12 in , and I am not, some believe that Body of Christ is the Bride, I am not,some believe that Rom 1:2 means that the mystery can be found in the Old tesatment, but they don't understand relative pronouns in the Greek in v2.
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 08:28:27 PM »

I am at this present time in THE GRACE MOVEMENT.  As you know , there is division with it walls. We have those that are Acts 9, or Acts 13, and there isn't much argument concerning those 2 positions , where the body of Christ began. Some are 12 in , and I am not, some believe that Body of Christ is the Bride, I am not,some believe that Rom 1:2 means that the mystery can be found in the Old testament, but they don't understand relative pronouns in the Greek in v2. I sure don't where you get that , that we don't believe in faith. Just like any movement we have some wakoos , those that when to universal reconciliation in FL. OR THOSE WHO REFUSE TO TEACH the dispensation of the mystery as Paul taught.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 09:18:53 PM »

Hello Dan P,

I see that you're new, so WELCOME!

I hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

We don't do denominations here, and most of us dislike man's labels and tags. You should be able to quickly tell what most of us believe here. We give the Gospel Message FULL-STRENGTH, right out of the HOLY BIBLE, and we really don't need the invented labels and tags of mankind. Nothing at all has changed since the Bible was completed, so Salvation issues have been settled long ago. The only thing that hasn't been settled is NEW theological positions that have been invented by mankind.

Most of the NEW tags and labels simply cause confusion because they mean something different to each person. They even have multiple meanings if you take the time to look them up, and I just did on the "Grace Movement". Frankly, the various definitions didn't tell me much except there is confusion and more confusion. This is one of the reasons why we don't do denominations here, as they also have different meanings. One could even have fairly dramatic differences between two churches with the same denomination and label in the same city. So - denominations, labels, and tags just don't mean much these days. The ONE TRUE CHURCH - THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST is the same as it was in the days of the Apostle Paul. The brick and mortar building with a name over the door doesn't mean much. If the man-named tag or label over the door DID have great meaning, it wouldn't necessarily mean that the people sitting in the pews belonged to CHRIST'S CHURCH - the ONE not made with human hands.

Most of us here believe that being a MEMBER OF THE BODY OF CHRIST  is ALL IMPORTANT, and this is the basis for our fellowship.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

dan p

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 09:00:29 PM »

I to believe that the Body of Christ is very important today. As you said about labels , they can be very confusing and I can see from some the replies , that , there are some misconception, but I am ACTS 9, PER-MIL. PER-TRI, and I see some of the Berean Bible Society name here , which I do support.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 02:53:51 PM »

Such labels are nothing more than a man made attempt to define the word of God into divided sections. In addition to incorrectly dividing the word of God all too frequently they also do nothing but cause division in the Body of Christ. The only labels that I consider worthwhile using are ... I am a Christian, a child of God, a sinner saved by the glorious grace of God and a few others that may be similar to those.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 02:52:21 AM »

I to believe that the Body of Christ is very important today. As you said about labels , they can be very confusing and I can see from some the replies , that , there are some misconception, but I am ACTS 9, PER-MIL. PER-TRI, and I see some of the Berean Bible Society name here , which I do support.

Hello Dan P,

Men and brick and mortar churches usually give a lengthy and detailed Statement of Faith to try to communicate what they believe and teach. This is usually an effort to reduce or eliminate confusion, and our world is FULL of confusion these days.

ALL of the MEMBERS of THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST are SAVED! This includes those MEMBERS who have physically died already. ONLY GOD Baptizes the MEMBERS into this ONE TRUE CHURCH, and it doesn't matter what name was or is over the door of the brick and mortar building they called church. The Membership Role is ETERNAL, and the ONLY way to become a MEMBER is to BELONG TO CHRIST! GOD knows who are HIS, and the SEAL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT is on their hearts - meaning that the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD has BAPTIZED them and LIVES IN THEIR HEARTS! This isn't just important, RATHER ALL IMPORTANT and the ULTIMATE TRUTH FOR ETERNITY!

ALL truly Born Again Christians are QUICKENED (TRANSLATED) into the BODY OF CHRIST at the moment of Salvation. The same is TRUE for the BAPTISM, SEALING, AND INDWELLING WITH AND BY THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD! ALL OF THE MEMBERS ARE UNITED IN CHRIST FOR ETERNITY! SO, there is now an ULTIMATE SIMPLICITY regarding all of the denominations, tags, and labels boiled down to ONLY TWO categories:  1)  THE SAVED;  2)  THE LOST. GOD meant for the Salvation message to be simple enough for children to understand, AND IT IS! I'm obviously talking about the original Salvation Message given in the Holy Bible without any additions or deletions by men - The GOOD NEWS OF THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD:  GOD'S LOVE, GOD'S GRACE, GOD'S GIFT, JESUS CHRIST, THE CROSS, FAITH, AND RESCUE FROM THE CURSE OF SIN AND DEATH.

Brother Dan, we have considerable material on the forum from the Berean Bible Society and many other Godly organizations that teach the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD. The only point I would like to make is the only 100% accurate teachings FULL-STRENGTH are in the Holy Bible, and the HOLY BIBLE (GOD'S WORD) is the ONLY MEASUREMENT OF TRUTH. In other words, we don't have to depend on the teachings of men and the organizations of men because we DO HAVE GOD'S WORD, THE HOLY BIBLE! I love one of the teachings of the Berean Bible Society:  study these things for yourself in the HOLY BIBLE to see if they are TRUE. They recognize the HOLY BIBLE as being the STANDARD and ONLY MEASUREMENT OF ALL TRUTH. We should do the same thing with the teaching of our pastors:  study them for ourselves in the HOLY BIBLE to see if they are the TRUTH. In other words, I do like the Berean Bible Society and many other Godly organizations, but I like the HOLY BIBLE the MOST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Timothy 2:15 NASB
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the