Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:47:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I supposed I knew my Bible...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I supposed I knew my Bible...  (Read 10153 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2004, 04:49:23 PM »

The Bible itself gives the instructions on how to study.

2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (KJV)
2Tim. 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (KJV)

You see, all the Bible is for us, when it is rightly divided. The opposite of right division is wrong division. So we must conclude that care should be taken when studying the Word of God.

GEM: You see, all the Bible is for us, when it is rightly divided. The opposite of right division is wrong division. So we must conclude that care should be taken when studying the Word of God.

Amen & Amen

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
The Crusader
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2004, 05:34:57 AM »

The Bible itself gives the instructions on how to study.

2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (KJV)
2Tim. 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (KJV)

You see, all the Bible is for us, when it is rightly divided. The opposite of right division is wrong division. So we must conclude that care should be taken when studying the Word of God.

GEM: You see, all the Bible is for us, when it is rightly divided. The opposite of right division is wrong division. So we must conclude that care should be taken when studying the Word of God.

Amen & Amen

Yes it is a True GEM: You see, all the Bible is for us, when it is rightly divided. The opposite of right division is wrong division. So we must conclude that care should be taken when studying the Word of God.

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
<Smiley))><
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 05:36:25 AM by The Crusader » Logged
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 06:05:33 AM »

Yes it is a True GEM: You see, all the Bible is for us, when it is rightly divided. The opposite of right division is wrong division. So we must conclude that care should be taken when studying the Word of God.

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2004, 01:38:37 PM »

Grin  So, it's true!  You are three in one.  Three names, one person!

Hey, at least you don't quote yourself.  Or post something and then change names and add a "right on!"   Cheesy  LOL

Most of us find it kind of odd why someone would use multiple names, but I know that there's usually some pretty legit reasons.  For example, I think I'm the only one here using my name instead of a Cyber name.  Tell us, why did you do that three name thing.  Some of us feel like we've been fooled by this.

That being aside, regarding opening your Bible and reading whereever you land--I like being in a group Bible Study.  But lately in my unhappiness toward my spiritual guides, the writers of the Bible Studies I have been in, I've found that some folks just write Bible Studies to make a living.  Some people teach the Word just to make a living.  They can't really call into account the Televangelists that our out bilking billions because the televangelists are just trying to make a living too, albeit a lucrative living.  Then we have book writers that write books just to make a living.  

I wish some of those teachers would remember the story of Lazurous, then I might be able to put stock in what they say.  I think we have too much of a materialistic culture and then folks say, instead of giving up all you have to follow the Lord, follow the Lord so you can get more stuff.  

I think that the folks that have more stuff need to let their good works so shine before men that they may see their good deeds and glorify their father in heaven--but in our culture stuff means everything.  Everybody seems to think that if you have lots of stuff that must mean you've been following the Lord.  Well, teachers of Bible teachers in my opinion need to have LESS stuff then the average bear so that outwords sign of an inward change can be visible.  Or how will be distinguish them from folks that just teach to get a buck or two?  I know some good teachers have been following their Lord.  But I think in our country when you're always in danger of collecting a whole bunch of stuff, we should give up all that we have to follow the Lord every few years.  Just so, in case non-believers can't understand what we're saying when we teach the gospel, at least our actions will be speaking louder than our words.

So, when I'm not in a structured group bible study, on some days, I do just let the Bible open where it may.  I'll do that.  Then I'll do it again, and do it again and again and again until I feel like I've figured something out.  Then I think about it, pray about it and do it some more.  I might do that until I find something that I might be able to apply to my life TODAY.

And on other instances, I will ask the Lord a question.  I'll say something like, "Lord, are you sure you love me??"  And then I'll open my bible just anywhere and I land on 'For God so loved the world . . . . "    Or I'll say, "Lord, I'm so hurt because this person is saying this and that about me"  And then I'll open the Bible and it says, "Blessed are you when men speak all manner of evil against you . . ."   Grin  IT'S FUNNY BUT IT HAPPENS THAT WAY!

Peace

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2004, 09:17:56 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Candice,

Sister, there are still plenty of old fashioned churches and preachers that teach the Bible for all of the right reasons. The money issue, especially the fleecing of the elderly, makes me angry. The wealth and health gospel that doesn't exist also makes me angry. It sounds like you need to look for another church. This is just my personal thoughts, but I think that the small and plain churches are the best place to look.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2004, 11:41:26 PM »

Well said, BEP. I personally see BSF (Bible study Fellowship), which is an international, interdenominational bible study with no church agenda, only studying the word of God. The "interpretations" are therefore, consistent in biblical understanding and in the belief of God's word. We study every phrase in the bible and cross reference to ensure that it does not contradict the rest of scripture. It's great!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004, 04:58:41 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Heidi,

I've almost stopped using man's tags, labels, and denominations to say anything about beliefs. It appears they all mean something different to each person. What might be true in my home about a particular group is not true somewhere else, so confusion reigns rampant.

I know that studying the Holy Bible should be at the top of the list in getting to know our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Following the contrasts, comparisons, and references in any study is completely necessary. It also is a joy for those who love to study HIS WORD. It simply creates a hunger for more.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the