Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:50:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Abortion: Right or Wrong?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abortion: Right or Wrong?  (Read 24622 times)
one in christ

I am a child of god

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2004, 04:56:42 PM »

I'm confused about what you meant by this last statement.

that statement was meant towards people who belive in abortion  i meant that if the baby was to live it could grow and learn about god and jesus's sacrifice for our sins on the cross i hope that that clears up your confusion about my statement

- Kay
one in christ

I am a child of god

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

Shylynne Said:

You know I think you`ve made quite a point there, and that reminded me of the parable... then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom...and  then...when the bridegroom tarried...they fell asleep.

Oklahoma Howdy to Shylynne,

First, more thanks for sharing more truth about the ugly and evil subject of abortion. It is true that the women who have abortions suffer in more ways than one in this short life. A loving presentation of the truth might finally give them the will to get on their knees, ask God for forgiveness, let the blood of Jesus wash away this sin that torments them, and let Jesus heal them.

The parable of the ten virgins is also an excellent description of much of the Church which is the BODY of CHRIST. YES!, many have fallen asleep and neglected HIS WILL. It is a beautiful thought to think and hope that our Lord and Saviour will come for us today or tomorrow. However, we all need a wake-up call and continue to do HIS WILL until our moments on this dark and evil world are over. The lamps are also an appropriate description. Our lamps should shine in the darkness until the LORD OF ALL LIGHT replaces it.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.  Revelation 21:23

Thank you Sister.

Love In Christ,
Tom

amen to that Smiley
one in christ

I am a child of god

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2004, 05:59:22 PM »

I dont think this thread needs more graphics, but after having  viewed this film, (it is very difficult to watch) I  decided  that if it helps to save the life of even one baby by someone passing on this link, it is worth having shared.

Testimonial: After showing this film to thousands of women contemplating an abortion, we can testify to its powerful impact on them to choose life for their preborn child. We encourage you to show it to others.

WARNING: THIS WEBSITE GRAPHICALLY SHOWS AN ABORTION 11 WEEKS AFTER CONCEPTION AND THEREFORE SHOULD NOT BE VIEWED BY CHILDREN.

http://silentscream.org/video1.htm

oh my dear god how can aperson be so cruel as  to rip apart  the child  limb by limb Cry  sepereating its parts and crushing its tiny  head  it is evil  i tell you evil  Cry
one in christ

I am a child of god

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2004, 06:09:02 PM »

I agree that abortion is wrong.
In my experience with post-abortive women and in my husband's experience in leading a jail Bible study, the thing that the lost need most from Christians is companionship.

We are to be Christ-like.
Christ did not mince words about what is right and wrong.
He also provided sinners with love and a way out of their sin.

I have 3 teens and an 11 year old.
I've taught them the dangers of fornication.
If one of them does commit fornication, I will be there to help them through the healing process, whether that process involves a broken heart, an STD or a pregnancy.

As Christians, we need to show the world who Christ is.
While He is just, He is also full of mercy and grace.
He shows us how much He cares and we need to show the world how much He cares for them too. For many of them, the only way they will know how much He cares is by our actions.

amen to that god is good and forgiving Smiley
one in christ

I am a child of god

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2004, 06:28:25 PM »

There were abortions in Jesus day and Jesus never mentioned abortion.  I HATE abortion.  Don't get me wrong.  If I see a baby bird without feathers fall out of a nest, I feel heart broken. I don't think I could go on living if I have to see an aborted baby every day.  But I feel that all the loud talkers about abortion are mostly hypocrites.  They don't check on their neighbor.  You know, if a woman knew that all she needed was God and that in Him she was complete, no matter what the circumstances of the pregnancy were, she  could enjoy the pregnancy and the birth and the child rearing.  If she knew that her neighbors cared about her and she didn't have to worry about making a good impression and making people think she had value.  You know, there are women out there that have the whole world believing that they don't have value.  If they feel they don't have value, then how are they going to put value on some little being growing inside themselves?  They can't.  So, what I see happening in so many cercumstances is that folks focus on the "do not kill" law to make them feel like they themselves have value.  Even the loud talkers about abortion are talking loud about abortion to feel like they themselves have value.  It's just so hypocritical all of it.  You think it's going to give you some extra value if you talk loud about anti-this or anti-that.   Cry

It doesn't solve the problem that the people that are struggling most with trying to be valued feel that they don't have value and then they don't attribute any value to what is growing inside of them.

Doctrines about the elect and the chosen few and the "us vs them" doctrines attribute value to certain groups.  And the people inside the gropus feel like they're all somebody special to that group.  It's the same behavior with Gangs.  Everybody wants to be part of something.  The people getting the abortions are struggling with the issues of the value of a human.

They don't understand that and all of the Christians that think they're getting some kind of higher value status by talking about Christianity only make the issue worse for the person that doesn't understand God's value on all of us.

If all we do is talk about laws and don't live out His love, it really makes no sense to folks that are struggling to get value.

You know, the sadest thing is that a whole lot of women out there let men have their way with their body because they're trying to feel valued.  It doesn't matter what they say or how much self-esteem they claim to have.  It's about feeling complete. If we don't teach the Gospel in it's completeness, but just focus on the laws and not the love, it leaves people incomplete and they think there's no value in the Gospel giving them value.  If they don't think there's value in the Gospel and they don't know for sure they themselves have inherent value, then how are they to value a thing that can't even speak.

I think if we want to be pro-life we need to live out His love and we need to start with our very next door neighbor.  Everybody, anyone who claims to care about life go visit your neighbor!

i understand your point and i am somewhat in agreement with you  the people who oppose abortion shouldnt just yell out its evil its a sin you will be damned (though it is all those things)  they should let those  people know that there is a higher power out there that loves and cares about them and  the little LIFE growing  inside of them  is wanted by god or even a barren couple who might want the child  
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2004, 08:49:12 PM »

You can argue and debate the abotion issue until the cows come home.  If we as a country make it illegal, then only rich people who can afford to go to other countries will get abortions.  Abortions will still happen and the people doing the abortions will not be held accountable.  

That's convulted logic. Drugs are illegal and the poor and the wealthy alike can afford them. That doesn't mean we should make them legal.

No one really knows what they will do until they themselves are the pregnant person OR hearing the tragic episode of the pregnancy of another.  In the mean time no one is really dealing with the issue.

Ahh, but there are those who are dealing with abortion. On another site, I have two ongoing threads. One is support to help women (and men) who've had abortions overcome the greif. The other is a prayer thread aimed at all who have been or will be effected by abortion.
As I've said in other posts, I have been given a Christ-centered ministry of helping post-abortive women deal with the issues surrounding abortion.

Arguing about the issue just gives us folks that are trying to be Christ's hands and feet and arms and legs in this world something more to argue about so we have less time to be there for someone who at this moment may be drinking themselves silly in preparation to go under the knife.  Where were we??""?"?"?"?"?  We were probably on-line in the chat room arguing about the abortion issue that's taking place in our own neighborhood but we don't know anything about it because we don't talk to our neighbors.  Probably because we're SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  RIGHTEOUS and they're sssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch SINNERS that we wont associate with them anyway, and if they came to our church we might kick them out.

You're making a lot of judgements about people you know nothing about. You and I know nothing about anyone on these forums, except what we've been told.

So, the best way to go about it is go down to the clinic and make loud angry noises.  This way our neighbors will be sure never to hear the gospel.  We all look like crazy hypocritical idiots because we wont value our neighbor enough to care about them, and we expect them to value an unwanted pregnancy.   Grin

Why do you insist on lumping the whole bunch with a few?

Actually, when I had my abortion, if one of those pro-lifers could have come over to the clinic doors and talked to me, I might have felt that someone cared. There is a slight possibility that I would have changed my mind. Unfortunately, at that time in CA they were required to stand so many feet away from the abortion clinic front doors. For the clinic I went to, that put them across a very busy four lane road.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the