Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:29:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Abortion: Right or Wrong?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abortion: Right or Wrong?  (Read 24496 times)
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2004, 04:20:37 PM »

Gone over the edge huh?

Baby killers and those who support them in any way are murders murders of the helpless. You and those like you do not deserve the time of day. Your words support abortion you are a murder.
Reduced to "proof by personal attack" eh?  Roll Eyes

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Reba
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2004, 04:45:53 PM »

Reduced?, i dont think so, i started there. You are a murderer if you dont think it is murder, how could my words be an attack? i will not respond to you again. Murders are not folks i care to talk with.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »

Gone over the edge huh?

Baby killers and those who support them in any way are murders murders of the helpless. You and those like you do not deserve the time of day. Your words support abortion you are a murder.

Oklahoma Howdy to Reba,

Sister, you must remember that many in this world are morally bankrupt. Almighty God will deal with those who murder the innocent at HIS appointed time, and in HIS chosen manner.

Sister, in the meantime:

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

Love In Christ,
Tom

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2004, 02:20:07 AM »

Reduced?, i dont think so, i started there.
You start an argument with personal attacks?  Huh

You are a murderer if you dont think it is murder, how could my words be an attack? i will not respond to you again. Murders are not folks i care to talk with.
I've never said it I don't think it's murder.   I do think abortion is wrong, and I've said so several times.

What I'm pointing out is that neither the bible nor logic PROVES that abortion is murder.

When I point out fallacies in people's "proofs", instead of a reasoned debate I'm subject to personal attacks.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2004, 04:00:33 PM »

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37785

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2004, 04:11:02 PM »

The Babe is to cool Judge.

Brains and pretty too.

What part of "thou shalt not kill" dont we get.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2004, 04:23:03 PM »

You and I "get it".  We aren't alone.  

Stand fast.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2004, 06:13:37 PM »

An unborn child is human. it is not a plant nor a puppy it is a live human.
Say's who?  That's your opinion; it's also my opinion, but it isn't self evident that a 4 cell embryo is fully human.

At what stage of life is it a right of one human to kill another? Scripture says simply dont kill.
Of course there is a cut off - there always is - or do you treat (human) eggs and sperm the way you treat an adult human?

You've got to be joking!  So a four cell embryo conceived inside the womb of a woman could turn out to be a plant or a puppy?  Expectant mothers beware!  

What I'm pointing out is that neither the bible nor logic PROVES that abortion is murder.

Maybe you should start by defining abortion for us.  

Allow me....
Webster:
Abortion
1 : the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus:

Termination of the fetus resulting in death.
Fetus, a developing human (unless you still hold to the idea that human cells could turn out to be a plant or a puppy).

Logically its plain to see that abortion is the willing termination of a human fetus resulting in death.   I'm sure Mr Spock would agree with my logic here.

As for scripture, try this one on for size.

Exo 21:22  If men strive and strike a pregnant woman, so that her child comes out, and there is no injury, he shall surely be punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him. And he shall pay as the judges say
Exo 21:23  And if any injury occurs, then you shall give life for life,
MKJV

Here, if the unborn child is miscarried, and "dies" due to the mother being struck, the sentence required is death.

It is clear to me that this addresses an unborn child as equal to that of a living man.  *you shall give Life for Life*  should the miscarried child die!   So how does this differ from intentionally terminating an unborn child?  The main difference I see is that some women now days are seeking to have their unborn children terminated intentionally.

Its wrong, plain and simple.  Scripture wont support, and neither does logic.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2004, 08:42:53 PM »

ebia
im sorry if you felt i attacked you, but im not just your thought process. Undecided
you said..................
I've never said it I don't think it's murder.  I do think abortion is wrong, and I've said so several times.

are you contradicting yourself?
you say its life right
it is not a plant
it is human at a young age
and when you end this life
you have killed it
 to kill a human life is murder Cry
to kill a plant is ashame Huh
 to kill a chicken is dinner Grin
Reba
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2004, 09:48:23 PM »

Butch  your funny! KFC
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2004, 10:09:02 PM »

Butch  your funny! KFC
ya and the mashed potato's and gravy is good to, Cheesy
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2004, 11:48:13 PM »

"thou shalt not kill"

Actually, the literal translation is “Murder” as opposed to “Kill”.  I know, I know – you’ve heard it before – but I’m repeating it just for those who haven’t.  Why?  Otherwise, God would be guilty of breaking one of His own commandments.   Grin  

The guilty deserve death.  The innocent do not.  Babies in the womb are as innocent as they come.  

JPD
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2004, 01:13:34 AM »

I know I am more then likely to say this but.
Abortion is murdering a innocent human being created in Gods image. It has been proven that the unborn are alive, and moving in the womb of the woman.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2004, 02:19:06 AM »

An unborn child is human. it is not a plant nor a puppy it is a live human.
Say's who?  That's your opinion; it's also my opinion, but it isn't self evident that a 4 cell embryo is fully human.

At what stage of life is it a right of one human to kill another? Scripture says simply dont kill.
Of course there is a cut off - there always is - or do you treat (human) eggs and sperm the way you treat an adult human?

You've got to be joking!  So a four cell embryo conceived inside the womb of a woman could turn out to be a plant or a puppy?  Expectant mothers beware!  

That's not remotely what I said.  Stop building straw men.  I know it's easier than engaging in what I actually said, but it does nothing but make you look an idiot.

Maybe you should start by defining abortion for us.  

Allow me....
Webster:
Abortion
1 : the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus:

Termination of the fetus resulting in death.
Fetus, a developing human (unless you still hold to the idea that human cells could turn out to be a plant or a puppy).

Logically its plain to see that abortion is the willing termination of a human fetus resulting in death.   I'm sure Mr Spock would agree with my logic here.
Webster's is not a good dictionary.  Try the (pocket) oxford:
abortion (n) 1.  natural or (esp.) medically induced expulsion of a foetus from the womb before it is able to survive independently.

Regardless, no-one is saying that the foetus doens't die.  The claim is that a foetus is not fully human.  You're spending your time addressing a line of argument that no-one is making.

As for scripture, try this one on for size.

Exo 21:22  If men strive and strike a pregnant woman, so that her child comes out, and there is no injury, he shall surely be punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him. And he shall pay as the judges say
Exo 21:23  And if any injury occurs, then you shall give life for life,
MKJV

Here, if the unborn child is miscarried, and "dies" due to the mother being struck, the sentence required is death.

It is clear to me that this addresses an unborn child as equal to that of a living man.

That's one reasonable inference to draw from that passage, but it is not the only one.  Consequently the passage is evidence for your position, but not proof.

*you shall give Life for Life*  should the miscarried child die!  

That is a connection that you've made, that is not necessarly intended by God.  
So how does this differ from intentionally terminating an unborn child?  The main difference I see is that some women now days are seeking to have their unborn children terminated intentionally.
The above passage refers to violence against the mother that results in the loss of the child.   Why does scripture not speak out directly against abortion (which has been going on since biblical times)?

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2004, 02:22:35 AM »

ebia
im sorry if you felt i attacked you, but im not just your thought process. Undecided
you said..................
I've never said it I don't think it's murder.  I do think abortion is wrong, and I've said so several times.

are you contradicting yourself?
No.

you say its life right
it is not a plant
it is human at a young age

Is it?  Sure, it will develop into a human under the right conditions, but an egg and sperm will develop into a human under the right conditions, but I don't see you arguing for giving them full human rights.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the