Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bride of Christ & the Mid-Tribulation Rapture
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bride of Christ & the Mid-Tribulation Rapture  (Read 20708 times)
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2003, 02:28:47 AM »

A4C: it look as though I might need to do some date counting for you bro....

pre-trib... BAHAHAHAHAH

prophecyjax1: your email adres is bouncing, it that really your email adres ?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 02:30:03 AM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Early57

It is me

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2003, 04:27:01 AM »

Does the word of God use Jewish tradition for a lot of things?

What they do in their life the Church does in it's life.

So it is safe to say that the marriage supper lasts for one week and for that week they party while everyone else is outside that were not invited, that being so, then it is easy to conclude that while the world suffers through the seven years of the trib; the bride is at the marriage supper for the week/seven days/seven years.
Early57

It is me

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2003, 04:50:08 AM »

oops i did not put in the word for you to examine.

John 2
1  On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there;
2   and both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding.
3   When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine."
4   And Jesus said to her, " Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come."
5   His mother said to the servants, "Whatever He says to you, do it."
6   Now there were six stone waterpots set there for the Jewish custom of purification, containing twenty or thirty gallons each.

On the third day of the week there was a wedding.  But they had already been there for three days when the wine run out.  Poor host did not plan ahead.  Unlike the Father who has planned ahead for the wedding party that last for a week.

Party on Dudes
OldTimer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2003, 08:17:05 AM »

Michael, You have asked for a verse that indicates a pre-tribulation Rapture and I will give you one, although as you have studied this issue for 20 years, as you have said, I doubt you will accept it.

The Church is spoken of in the first 3 chapters in Revelation. This is not only written of seven churches that existed at the time of John, but the Church through all the ages. Also individuals within the Church through all the ages. Also individual churches through all the ages.

After Revelation 4 and before the opening of the seals, the Church is not to be found again until the end of Revelation.

In Revelation it is the angels that sound the trumpets. In the epistle of Paul it is the trump of God (1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.)

Now Here is the verse for which you have been searching for 20 years: Rev. 4:1  After this I looked, and, behold, a door [was] opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard [was] as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. The first voice! This is the voice of God, Rev. 1:10, sounding like a trumpet!

Here is the verse you have been looking for: Revelation 4:1.  This is the trump of God, not one of the trumpets sounded by the angels. The Church is called up. Represented later (I believe) by the 24 Elders.

Normally I would not be concerned if one wanted to believe in a mid-trib rapture but your quote: “the Rapture cannot be tonight, tomorrow, next year, or the year after” is not scriptural as this is in direct conflict with what Christ has said. We are to watch, be ready  always, for we know not when He shall return. The 24th chapter of Matthew describes the 2 future comings of Christ. One at the end of a tribulation, when He will be seen by all, the second when no one is expecting it.  Also Mat. 25:13.

In 1 Thes. 5:1-9 this is stated again, He comes as a thief in the night. When they are saying “Peace and Safety.” How can people be saying Peace and safety in the middle of the tribulation? After the chaos and destruction caused by the first six angels sounding?

Everything is now in place for our Lord to return. Nothing more must be accomplished. Israel has returned to the Holy Land and Jerusalem. Those unfulfilled prophecies like the Temple being rebuilt will be done in the 7 year tribulation period. Mat 25:10  And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.”

Rev. 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

prophecyjax1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2003, 11:00:43 AM »

To answer Old Timer's comments,

OK, let’s take a specific look at the Church of Jesus Christ in the tribulation period. Let’s go to the books of Revelation and Daniel and behold the saints (church folk) right in the midst of it all. Old Timer argues that the Church is not mentioned after Revelation chapter four, and thus we will not be here. If we don’t take all scripture relating to any subject, we will not understand! Brother, we cannot just take a few verses and come to a conclusion. You will see, that the Church is mentioned in Revelation, and displayed frequently throughout the book. We know that saints come from the Church as Paul said. ( I Corinthians 1:1-2.) Just because the word “Church” is not mentioned does not mean the Church will not be there. God is not even mentioned in the books of Esther and Song of Solomon. Does that mean God is not there, or in action in those books? Of coarse not. The Church is not mentioned as “the Church” in the books of Titus, II Timothy, II Peter, I John, II John, and Jude, but we know it’s written to the Church. So to say the Church is not mentioned after revelation chapter four, is a very weak argument. Besides, the Church IS spoken of after chapter four.

Another argument is in Revelation 4:1 where the angel says to John, “Come up hither, and I will show thee the things which must be hereafter,” claiming this is the Rapture. This also is a very weak argument, for clearly the angel was talking specifically to John, not to the entire Church, which Jesus Himself applies to the book of Revelation.

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Israel is mentioned in the entire Bible 2301 times, and only 3 of those references are in the book of Revelation. Revelation 2:14 mentions Balaam, who taught Balac how to cause Israel to stumble. In Revelation 7:4, the 144,000 Jews are saved, and in Revelation 21:12, it’s referring to the names of the twelve tribes of Israel in heaven. Nowhere else in the book of Revelation is Israel referred to. The Jews are mentioned 244 times in the entire Bible and only mentioned twice in Revelation. The two references in chapters 2 and 3, Christ was referring to false Jews. Nowhere else in Revelation are the Jews referred to. However with that said, look at some of the following references in the book of Revelation.

1)   The Saints            13 times
2)   The Church             7 times
3)   The Churches        12 times
4)   The Brethren          4 times
5)   Servants              10 times
6)   The Bride               4 times
7)   The Lambs Wife       2 times
Cool   Those in White Robes   4 times
9)   Those in White Linen    2 times
10)   Everlasting Gospel      1 time
11)   Prophets                  8 times
12)   Jesus                     12 times
13)   The Lamb of God       27 times

Compare these references to the fact that the Jews and the Nation of Israel are not specifically referred to one time in Revelation. Also mark the words of Jesus in Revelation 22:16; “I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.” Still think the Church is not mentioned or somehow involved in the book of Revelation? According to these references, it sure looks like a lot of saints from the Church will be around, along with the two prophets of Revelation 11:3-13. And so will the Everlasting Gospel with God’s end-time message, which must also first be preached.

So brother, to say the Church is not mentioned after Revelation Chapter 4, is not what he Bible shows.

Be open my friend, the overwhelming scriptural evidence points to the mid-trib rapture.

Yours,

Michael

« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 11:10:46 AM by prophecyjax1 » Logged
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2003, 01:02:05 PM »

A4C: it look as though I might need to do some date counting for you bro....

pre-trib... BAHAHAHAHAH

prophecyjax1: your email adres is bouncing, it that really your email adres ?

BAHAHAHAHAH  Grin Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Bronzesnake
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2003, 02:22:27 PM »

We will be Raptured before the Tribulation as our reward for being faithful to Jesus.

1Th 5:9   For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,  

1Th 5:10  Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.  

1Th 5:11  Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do

Only the unrighteous will be left to God's Wrath.

Rom 2:5  But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;  

Rom 2:6  Who will render to every man according to his deeds:  

Rom 2:7  To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:  

Rom 2:8  But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,  

Rom 2:9  Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Col 3:4   When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.  

Col 3:5  Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:  

Col 3:6   For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

1Th 1:10  And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.  

Couple this together with Early 57's post and you get the total package.

Early 57 quote...

"John 2
1  On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there;
2  and both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding.
3  When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine."
4  And Jesus said to her, " Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come."
5  His mother said to the servants, "Whatever He says to you, do it."
6  Now there were six stone waterpots set there for the Jewish custom of purification, containing twenty or thirty gallons each.

On the third day of the week there was a wedding.  But they had already been there for three days when the wine run out.  Poor host did not plan ahead.  Unlike the Father who has planned ahead for the wedding party that last for a week.

Party on Dudes  
Posted by: Early57  Posted on: Today at 04:27:01am  

So it is safe to say that the marriage supper lasts for one week and for that week they party while everyone else is outside that were not invited, that being so, then it is easy to conclude that while the world suffers through the seven years of the trib; the bride is at the marriage supper for the week/seven days/seven years.
prophecyjax1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2003, 02:54:24 PM »

Once again in response to Bronzsnake, and other comments about God not appointing us to wrath.

Read he previous posts, God's wrath does not even begin till Rev 16:1.

Revelation 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

God’s judgments are revealed at this point, but notice the next verse, which starts out by saying, “and after that.”
Revelation 15:5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
Revelation 15:6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
Revelation 15:7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.

Once God’s judgments are poured out, “after that” He begins to pour out His wrath, of which we are assured deliverance from. The actual beginning of God’s wrath is in Revelation 16:1 as follows.

Revelation 16:1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

Hopefully now we understand the difference between the judgments of God and the wrath of God. With this clarity we can understand prophecy better, and the timing of the Rapture becomes more vivid. Another scripture that seems to indicate deliverance from tribulation is in Luke 21:36.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Jesus said, pray to be accounted worthy to “escape all these things.” Some note that because He said “all these things” that this is a verse of proof that we will escape the entire tribulation period. However, with that said, and all the evidence from scripture prior, we will leave you to decide. Jesus does mention in Luke 21:23 that there will be “wrath” upon this people. Luke 21:1-22 mentions many of God’s judgments, and in verse
23 the tone changes to God’s wrath. We believe that according to all the other verses of scripture, that Jesus was only referring to deliverance from “all of God’s wrath.” Luke 21:23-28 is very similar to the verses in Revelation 6:12-18 which takes a parenthetical view and jumps out of perfect sequence. Revelation 6:16 calls it the “wrath of the Lamb.” Another common case for a pre-tribulation Rapture is found in Revelation 3:10.

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Once, again, if we place all the other scriptures together with these promises of deliverance from wrath, temptation, and “all these things;” we can only conclude God promises deliverance from the last 3½ years of the tribulation. Jesus said He would “keep us” from the hour, not take us away from it. The Greek word for “keep” here is “tereo,” taken from “teros,” which means “a watch, to guard from loss or injury, by keeping the eye upon.” God does not promise anywhere to totally deliver us from temptation, but to provide a way where we can endure it, and go through it!

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

So when Jesus is telling us to pray that we may be able to “escape all these things,” He’s referring to the same escape as I Corinthians 10:13 is, meaning an “escape,” that we may be able to bear with. God will “keep” us “with the temptation,” not take us out of the world, so that we don’t have to face it.

John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

So please, I agree, God has not appointd us to wrath, but that leaves us in His judgments the first 3 1/2 yrs.

Yours,

Michael

prophecyjax1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2003, 03:00:09 PM »

Still the challenge has not yet been met. Not one verse of scripture to say we will be delivered from the entire tribulation period, yet about 30 verses of evidence to show contrary.

The score is

Bible Evidence     30
Pre-Trib Theory     0

Yours,

Michael
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2003, 03:09:59 PM »

A4C: I would like to talk with you, or open up a thread on your views.

It would enlighten a lot of souls regarding your theological stance.

I see a continuing waivering faith in your posts, and as I would really like to approach you serious as a christian and spend time in seriously answering your posts I think I have the right to know where you stand in the faith.

We don't need to agree, for let's say 50%, but I would be delighted to see some more salty posts coming from your direction before I spend time in seriously answering your queries.

And even when you are not interested in my view as a brother (!) in Christ, I believe I still have the right to bench your theological views as I post only in the prophetic part of this Christian board.

So far I have been very unimpressed by the level that you present here, but I am convinced that there is more then meets the eye, yet is afraid to show itself.

FYI in Christ,
Aryan aka TwoBombs
« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 03:16:13 PM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2003, 03:14:55 PM »

Everything is now in place for our Lord to return. Nothing more must be accomplished. Israel has returned to the Holy Land and Jerusalem. Those unfulfilled prophecies like the Temple being rebuilt will be done in the 7 year tribulation period. Mat 25:10  And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.”
  Old Timer is right. The seven letters to the seven churches of Revelation are Three fold.
    First they were letters to the Seven real churches in those locations of that time period.
   Second they are letters to the universal church of the age of Grace. They contain a message for each person who is Christian.
   Third they represent the different time periods of the Church until the Rapture.

We are in the time period of two churches in the letters of Revelation now. Philidelphia is the true church of the age now.
Philidelphia will be Raptured. Laodicea is the false church of the age now. Laodicea will be vomited out of the body of Christ and remain behind at the Rapture to enter into the Tribulation as the whore of Revelation 17. Laodicea is a false Church that professes Christianity and Jesus but distorts the truth of the Gospel. They can not be digested into the body of Christ and must be vomited out.

The true Church of Philidelphia is the church that gives out the word of God. Old Timer used the passage of the wedding feast. When the door was shut. To the church of Philidelphia the Door is open.

Revelation 3:7  "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
   8: I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
   9: Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
  10: Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Philidelphia is Raptured at the voice like a trumpet from Jesus in Revelation 4:1. Laodicea is vomited out and left behind.

Revelation 3: 14: And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
   15: I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
   16: So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

The 24 Elders are the representatives of the Church Age. We are in the crowd after the Rapture and witness these events in the verses below. We are the redeemed!

Revelation 5:8 "And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
   9: And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
   10: And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Paul2
« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 04:48:02 PM by Paul2 » Logged

Bronzesnake
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2003, 04:33:31 PM »

Once again in response to Bronzsnake, and other comments about God not appointing us to wrath.

Read he previous posts, God's wrath does not even begin till Rev 16:1.

Revelation 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

God’s judgments are revealed at this point, but notice the next verse, which starts out by saying, “and after that.”
Revelation 15:5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
Revelation 15:6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
Revelation 15:7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.

Once God’s judgments are poured out, “after that” He begins to pour out His wrath, of which we are assured deliverance from. The actual beginning of God’s wrath is in Revelation 16:1 as follows.

Revelation 16:1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

Hopefully now we understand the difference between the judgments of God and the wrath of God. With this clarity we can understand prophecy better, and the timing of the Rapture becomes more vivid. Another scripture that seems to indicate deliverance from tribulation is in Luke 21:36.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Jesus said, pray to be accounted worthy to “escape all these things.” Some note that because He said “all these things” that this is a verse of proof that we will escape the entire tribulation period. However, with that said, and all the evidence from scripture prior, we will leave you to decide. Jesus does mention in Luke 21:23 that there will be “wrath” upon this people. Luke 21:1-22 mentions many of God’s judgments, and in verse
23 the tone changes to God’s wrath. We believe that according to all the other verses of scripture, that Jesus was only referring to deliverance from “all of God’s wrath.” Luke 21:23-28 is very similar to the verses in Revelation 6:12-18 which takes a parenthetical view and jumps out of perfect sequence. Revelation 6:16 calls it the “wrath of the Lamb.” Another common case for a pre-tribulation Rapture is found in Revelation 3:10.

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Once, again, if we place all the other scriptures together with these promises of deliverance from wrath, temptation, and “all these things;” we can only conclude God promises deliverance from the last 3½ years of the tribulation. Jesus said He would “keep us” from the hour, not take us away from it. The Greek word for “keep” here is “tereo,” taken from “teros,” which means “a watch, to guard from loss or injury, by keeping the eye upon.” God does not promise anywhere to totally deliver us from temptation, but to provide a way where we can endure it, and go through it!

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

So when Jesus is telling us to pray that we may be able to “escape all these things,” He’s referring to the same escape as I Corinthians 10:13 is, meaning an “escape,” that we may be able to bear with. God will “keep” us “with the temptation,” not take us out of the world, so that we don’t have to face it.

John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

So please, I agree, God has not appointd us to wrath, but that leaves us in His judgments the first 3 1/2 yrs.

Yours,

Michael

Bronzesnake Reply... You forgot to address the following...

Early 57 quote...

"John 2
2  and both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding.
3  When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine."
4  And Jesus said to her, " Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come."
5  His mother said to the servants, "Whatever He says to you, do it."
6  Now there were six stone waterpots set there for the Jewish custom of purification, containing twenty or thirty gallons each.

Party on Dudes  
Posted by: Early57  Posted on: Today at 04:27:01am  

prophecyjax1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2003, 12:38:35 AM »

Paul,

Revelation 4:1 has nothing to do with the Rapture, the Angel was talking to John. Revelation 4:2 John says, ....I was in the spirit..." Paul, who taught you that was the Rapture? That's a real stretch of scripture. Remember---"at the last trump"

Bronze,

John Chapter 2 has nothing to do with the Rapture. An even further stretch.

STILL, not one verse of scriptural evidence to show a pre-trib Rapture.

Score is:

Bible Evidence  40
Pre-trib theory   0

Yours,

Michael
« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 12:40:31 AM by prophecyjax1 » Logged
Early57

It is me

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2003, 08:18:25 AM »

You can score all you want, 40, 50, 60 why not make it an even 100.

All I need is 1.

Jewish customs and traditions are part of how things are done.

Like the 10 virgins who are invited to come to the wedding but only 5 come in because they are not ready.  the wedding feast is one week long so the marriage supper will last seven years.   One day Equal's one year.

But since this is something you cannot win against even if you bring 200 I guess the battle is already won, By God.

And the need for someone to Hi "jax" the "prophecy" "1" more time is un-needed.

Bring it on or shut it down.  But do not ignore me any longer.
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2003, 08:42:43 AM »

Paul,

Revelation 4:1 has nothing to do with the Rapture, the Angel was talking to John. Revelation 4:2 John says, ....I was in the spirit..." Paul, who taught you that was the Rapture? That's a real stretch of scripture. Remember---"at the last trump"

Bronze,

John Chapter 2 has nothing to do with the Rapture. An even further stretch.

STILL, not one verse of scriptural evidence to show a pre-trib Rapture.

Score is:

Bible Evidence  40
Pre-trib theory   0

Yours,

Michael

Your not following Johns outline for Revelation are you? No, thats why your mistaken. Revelation 1:19 is the key. Heres the problem. People who seek an easy answer come up with yours. To find the truth requires a working knowledge of ALL scripture. Everything must fit. People like you are looking for a passage or two to prove a doctrine that was a hidden mystery and requires all scripture to work together in harmony.

I don't have time for details now because my son has baseball in a few minutes but I'll be happy to show you the faults of your theory later.

Heres a few questions to get started with:

When do the 2 witnesses of Revelation begin their ministry?
    When are they killed?

Heres an outline of the Book of Revelation:
OUTLINE OF REVELATION by Dr. J Vernon McGee of the
Thru the Bible radio broadcasts.

I. The Person of Jesus Christ-Christ in Glory, chapter 1
A. Title of the book, chapter 1:1
B. Method of Revelation, chapter 1:2
C. Beatitude of Bible Study, chapter 1:3
D. Greeting from John the writer and from Jesus Christ
in Heaven, chapter 1:4-8
E. The post-Incarnate Christ in a Glorified Body, Judging
His Church(the Great High Priest in the Holy of Holies),
chapter 1:9-18
F. Time Division of the Contents of Apocalypse,
chapter 1:19
G Interpretation of the Seven stars and Seven
Lampstands, chapter 1:20

II. The Possession of Jesus Christ-The Church in the World,
Chapters 2-3

A. Letter of Christ to the church in Ephesus, Rev. 2:1-7
B. Letter of Christ to the Church in Smyrna, Rev. 2:8-11
C. Letter of Christ to the church in Pergamum,
Rev 2:12-17
D. Letter of Christ to the church in Thyatira, Rev.2:18-29
E. Letter of Christ to the church in Sardis, Rev.3:1-6
F. Letter of Christ to the church in Philadelphia,
Rev.3:7-13
G. Letter of Christ to the church in Laodicea,
Rev.3:14-22

III. The Program of Jesus Christ-The scene in Heaven,
Chapters 4-22
A. The Church in Heaven with Christ Chapters 4-5
1. Throne of God, Rev 4:1-3
2. Twenty-four Elders, Rev. 4:4-5
3. Four Living Creatures, Rev. 4:6-11
4. Book with seven Seals, Rev. 5:1-4
5. Christ: the Lion of the tribe of Judah and the Lamb
which has been Slain, Rev. 5:5-10
6. Myriads of Angels of Heaven Join the Song of Praise
and Redemption, Rev. 5:11-12
7. Universal Worship of the Savior and Sovereign of the
Universe, Rev.5:13-14
B. The Great Tribulation in the World, Chapters 6-18
1. Opening of the Seven-Sealed Book, Chapters 6:8:1
A. Opening of the First Seal, Rev.6:1-2
(Rider on a White Horse)
B. Opening of the Second Seal, Rev. 6:3-4
(Rider on a Red Horse)
C. Opening of the Third Seal, Rev. 6:5-6
(Rider on a Black Horse)
D. Opening of the Fourth Seal, Rev. 6:7-8
(Rider on a Pale Horse)
E. Opening of the Fifth Seal, Rev. 6:9-11
(Prayer of the Martyred Remnant)
F. Opening of the Sixth Seal, Rev. 6:12-17
(Day of Wrath Has Come-Beginning the Last Half
of the Great Tribulation)
G. Interlude, Rev. chapter 7
(1) Reason for the Interlude between the 6th and
7th Seals, Rev. 7:1-3
(2) Remnant of Israel Sealed, Rev. 7:4-8
(3) Redeemed Multitude of Gentiles, Rev. 7:9-17
H. Opening of the Seventh Seal- Introduction of
Seven Trumpets, Rev. 8:1
2. Blowing of the Seven Trumpets, Chapters 8:2-11:19
A. Angel at the Alter with Censer of incense
Rev. 8:2-6
B. First Trumpet-Trees Burnt, Rev.8:7
C. Second Trumpet-Seas Become Blood, Rev.8:8-9
D. Third Trumpet-Fresh Water Becomes Bitter,
Rev. 8:10-11
E. Fourth Trumpet-Sun,Moon,Stars Smitten,
Rev. 8:12-13
F. Fifth Trumpet-Fallen Star and Plague of locust
Rev. 9:1-12
G. Sixth Trumpet-Angels Loosed at Euphrates River,
Rev. 9:13-21
H. Interlude between the Sixth and Seventh Trumpets
Rev. 10:1- 11:14
(1) The Strong Angel with the Little Book, Rev10:1-7
(2) John Eats the Little Book, Rev.10:8-11
(3) Date for the Ending of "the Times of the Gentiles"
Rev. 11:1-2
(4) Duration of the Prophesying of the Two
Witnesses, Rev. 11:3-12
(5) Doom of the Second Woe-Great Earthquake,
Rev. 11:13-14
I. Seventh Trumpet-End of Great Tribulation and
Opening of Temple in Heaven, Rev. 11:15-19

3. Seven Performers During the Great Tribulation
Chapters 12-13
A. The Woman- Israel, Rev.12:1-2
B. The Red Dragon- Satan, Rev. 12:3-4
C. The Child of the Woman- Jesus Christ, Rev. 12:5-6
D. Michael, the Archangel, Wars with the Dragon
Rev. 12:7-12
E. the Dragon persecutes the Women, Rev. 12:13-16
F. Remnant of Israel, Rev. 12:17
G. Wild beast Out of the Sea- a Political Power and
a person, Rev.13:1-10
(1) Wild Beast, Description, Rev.13:1-2
(2) Wild Beast, Death-Dealing Stroke, Rev. 13:3
(3) Wild Beast, Deity Assumed, Rev.13:4-5
(4) Wild Beast, Defying God, Rev. 13:6-8
(5) Wild Beast, Defiance Denied to Anyone,
Rev 13:9-10
H. Wild Beast Out of the Earth- a Religious Leader,
Rev.13:11-18
(1) Wild Beast, Description, Rev.13:11
(2) Wild Beast, Delegated Authority, Rev. 13:12-14
(3) Wild Beast, Delusion Perpetrated on the World,
Rev. 13:15-17
(4) Wild Beast, Designation, Rev. 13:18
4. Looking to the end of the Great Tribulation, Chapter 14
A. Picture of the Lamb with the 144,000, Rev.14:1-5
B. Proclamation of the Everlasting Gospel, Rev 14:6-7
C. Pronouncement of Judgement on Babylon, Rev. 14:8
D. Pronouncement of Judgement on Those Who
Received the Mark of the Beast, Rev. 14:9-12
E. Praise for Those Who Die in the Lord, Rev. 14:13
F. Preview of Armageddon, Rev. 14:14-20
5. Pouring Out of the Seven Bowls of Wrath,
Chapters 15-16
A. Preparation for Final Judgement of the Great
Tribulation, Rev. 15:1-16:1
(1) Tribulation Saints in Heaven Worship God,
Rev.15:1-4
(2) Temple of the Tabernacle Opened in Heaven that
Seven Angels, Having Seven Golden Bowls, Might
proceed Forth, Rev.15:5-16:1
B. Pouring Out of the First Bowl, Rev.16:2
(Painful Sores for all who took the mark of the Beast)
C. Pouring Out of the Second Bowl, Rev. 16:3
(Every Living Thing in the Sea Dies)
D. Pouring Out of the Third Bowl, Rev. 16:4-7
(All Drinking Water turns to Blood)
E. Pouring Out of the Fourth Bowl, Rev. 16:8-9
(Sun Scorches people)
F. Pouring Out of the Fifth Bowl, Rev. 16:10-11
(Darkness on throne of the Beast)
G. Pouring Out of the Sixth Bowl, Rev. 16:12
(Euphrates River Dries Up to Prepare way for kings
of the East)
H. Interlude: Kings of Inhabited Earth Proceed to
Har-Mageddon, Rev. 16:13-16
I. Pouring Out of the Seventh Bowl, Rev. 16:17-21
6. The Two Babylons Judged, Chapters 17-18
A. The Apostate Church in the Great Tribulation
Chapter 17
(1) Great Harlot Riding the Wild Beast, Rev. 17:1-7
(2) Wild Beast Destroys the Great Harlot, Rev. 17:8-18
B. Political and Commercial Babylon Judged, Chapter 18
(1) Announcement of Fall of Commercial and
political Babylon, Rev. 18:1-8
(2) Anguish in the World Because of Judgement on
Babylon, Rev. 18:9-19
(3) Anticipation of Joy in Heaven Because of Babylons
Judgement, Rev. 18:20-24
C. Marriage of the Lamb and Return of Christ in
Judgement, Chapter 19
1. Four Hallelujahs, Rev. 19:1-6
2. Bride of the Lamb and Marriage Supper,
Rev. 19:7-10
3. Return of Christ as King of Kings, Lord of Lords,
Rev. 19:11-16
4. Battle of Armageddon, Rev.19:17-18
5. Hell Opened, Rev. 19:19-21
D. Millennium, Chapter 20
1. Satan Bound for 1,000 Years, Rev.20:1-3
2. Saints of the Great Tribulation Reign with Christ
1,000 years, Rev. 20:4-6
3. Satan Loosed After 1,000 Years, Rev.20:7-9
4. Satan Cast into Lake of Fire and Brimstone,
Rev. 20:10
5. Setting of Great White Throne Where Lost Are
Judged and Follow Satan into Lake of Fire,
Rev. 20:11-15
E. Entrance Into Eternity; Eternity Unveiled,
Chapters 21-22
1. New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem, Rev 21:1-2
2. New Era, Rev. 21:3-8
3. New Jerusalem, Description of the eternal Abode of
the Bride, Rev. 21:9-21
4. New Relationship-God Dwelling With Man,
Rev. 21:22-23
5. New Center of the New Creation, Rev. 21:24-27
6. River of Water of Life and Tree of Life, Rev. 22:1-5
7. Promise of Return of Christ, Rev. 22:6-16
8. Final Invitation and Warning, Rev. 22:17-19
9. Final Promise and Prayer, Rev. 22:20-21

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the