Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:52:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Jesus God? - Part One
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Jesus God? - Part One  (Read 76924 times)
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2004, 06:03:45 PM »

Part5 of my story.

I needed to know once and for all, was the Bible the truth or just an awesome book of stories.

Time to find out, so off to the library I went. I started looking at ancient history. I took out books and began to discover that history in fact supported the Bible. I spent months of deep study hour after hour until... I was convinced.
I was finally convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Bible was in fact the truth. Ok now what do I do?...I need to find someone to teach my friends, but who? My friends won't go to Church, they don't read books, who is going to teach them? They won't listen to a stranger, who can I get to teach them? Wait, I got it, I'll teach them. I'm gonna have to study this book backwards and forwards until I can teach them myself. They have seen me studing this for months but they haven't seen anything yet. I'll read it to them if they won't read it. I'll buy them Bibles if they won't buy one for themselves. I'll highlight the Bibles because they won't read the whole thing so I'll high light the most important things so they will be able to find them. They won't read the book now but once they begin to understand how awesome it is they'll read it. I spent most of my free time over the next few years studing the Bible and reading it to groups of my friends, who "put up" with me because I can make stories interesting (sometimes) (I hope this one is). Slowly but surely 1 by 1 my friends began to believe and to study along with me. We'd have Bible studies anywhere, in a V.W. bus, (many of my friends were hippie types) on the side of a river when we went camping, in a teepee a friend of mine had where everyone used to hang out. I'd preach to anyone who would listen, I'd preach to hippies at Yasgur's farm "Woodstock" reunions. If you were near me for very long you heard the Gospel.

One of my friends went to India to be a missionary, another to Israel. I just didn't preach but taught them how to teach others and to defend their faith. They knew why they believed what they believed, and where in the Bible to show others they were now preaching to.

I looked out for them and now some of them are looking out for others. Those days of "hanging out" are over for me now. Once in a while I'll visit but we all grew up and got families that take our time now. Now I have you people, and once in a while someone new comes into my reach like Scott my blacksmith who I've written about recently.

Do I have teachers? sure I do, many from Christian radio, but did they give me my beliefs? NO!! Do I believe everything they say? No!! Some of my favorite teachers I have disagreements with but its mostly something minor, not a Salvation issue.

So there you have me, Paul2, trying to look out for you!

Paul2

Reba
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2004, 09:06:33 PM »

I just knew you were not going to finish the story alas YOU DID  i withdraw the title of "Jerk"  Smiley

Wonderfull testamony Paul thanks...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2004, 12:17:23 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to DannyB & KittiK,

Both of you got all kinds of attention. It's really a pretty weak cop out to use that as an excuse. In fact, it isn't an excuse. You are faced with the truth and you have no argument for it. However, you still refuse to accept it. We'll all be praying for you.

Here, take this with you:

"And the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Hint = Jesus Christ is the Word.

We'll be happy to share the Word with you any time.

Yes, There is Love in Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2004, 12:37:10 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Paul2,

AMEN BROTHER!

That was a beautiful and moving testimony. It's seeing the power of God unfold in someone's life. Brother, thanks for sharing that with us.

I'm looking forward to posting with your blacksmith friend, Scott. I'm sure that folks keep him pretty busy since there are very few real blacksmiths around these days.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2004, 05:27:31 AM »

Paul2,

Great testimony Brother!   I enjoyed reading that very much.

No spin bible zone!   Grin

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Reba
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2004, 09:12:35 AM »

NO spin ?   really ?  What is your spin on Revelation 1 verses 1-3   hehe   Cheesy

Good morning guys .
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2004, 11:38:05 AM »

NO spin ?   really ?  What is your spin on Revelation 1 verses 1-3   hehe   Cheesy

Good morning guys .

WE got along for 2 whole days there! I knew it wouldn't last to long Cool  It was nice to know that it was possible on a Salvation based issue.

And you called me a "jerk"? And then you took it back? Wow! So here I am with a "not a jerk" statis and ... Oh wait, your setting me up to be "a jerk" again aren't you?  Wink

Thats ok, I understand, this ain't no never never land!

This isn't the right thread to start this debate on. I'm willing to "try" again and will do so on my "Best of Paul2's Pre-Trib. Rapture pages" which is located in the "Prophecy" section. I don't have the time right this minute to do it but I'll get to it or somebody out there will think I'm afraid too.

Boy, you sure did set me up didn't you? You played nice for two whole days, and then... and then... AND THEN you type less than 20 words, which will cause me to have to type a thousand or so to respond!!!  And you called me a jerk? Thats pretty sneaky! I hope your proud of yourself! (I would be if I thought of it)

All in all, its just as well. With DannyB and KittiK on the run, it was going to get boring around here without some debating going on. It was nice while it lasted, like going on a vacation, but just like a vacation, its also nice to come back home. So here we are back to normal... Let the debating begin!

Paul2 Cool

Reba
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2004, 11:49:33 AM »

You know i cant  leave BEP's job to easy ..... yes  Paul another thread...  Smiley
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2004, 12:40:49 PM »

----------------

You know i cant  leave BEP's job to easy ..... yes  Paul another thread...  

Yes another thread.

But just to get the juices flowing .... Cool

Rev 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Tongue Wink

Who's looking out for thee?  2nd Timothy!  LOL  (okok sorry paul2, didn't mean to steal your sloggan)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 01:22:21 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »

Danny,

I just want to take a minute here and say something.  What you have posted in frustration has failed to make your point.  My friend, can you be humble enough to be wrong?

MY posts offered "black and white" original language PROOF of my stance and since NONE of you could debate with those facts, you all just chose to ignore what I posted.

Your proof, my friend, is wrong.  Misunderstanding the scriptures posted and posting them in support of errant theology does not offer proof.  It provides those who are human, just like you, an opportunity to teach you the truth of the scriptures concerning this matter.  They, like you, can take things personally, and turn an opportunity into a personal failure.  We all can.   Smiley

NO ONE here can prove the trinity doctrine with scripture. Everyone of you have offered abstract logic on scripture as proof.

No one here has to friend.  God already has, and whether we agree with what He has presented us or not makes no difference.  Whether we can grasp the understanding behind the concept makes no difference.  God will remain God, in His complexity.  We will remain human in our simplicity.  We simply must ask God to teach us what we don't know, and trust Him in what He shows us.  What you say He has shown you disagrees with what we say He has shown us.  Who then is at fault?  

Those of us who support the Trinity doctrine do so out of a foundational fact of faith.  This is chief in our understanding.  It is truth, and therefore beyond debate.  This is why people so adamantly defend their beliefs, possibly even to the detriment of those who misunderstand.  

It's kind of hard to debate with someone who's not listening to you.

That's a hard road for anyone to travel.  But it is a road that goes both ways.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2004, 05:01:31 PM »

Heres some interesting thoughts on what the Jews are looking for in their messiah according to Modern Jewish Beliefs Concerning the Coming Messiah

According to the prophets of the Bible, amongst the most basic missions of the messiah are:

*to cause all the world to return to G-d and His teachings,
*to restore the royal dynasty to the descendants of David,
*to oversee the rebuilding of Jerusalem, including the Temple, in the event that it has not yet been rebuilt;
*to gather the Jewish people from all over the world and *bring them home to the Land of Israel,
*and to reestablish the Sanhedrin,
*restore the sacrificial system,
*as well as the Sabbatical year and Jubilee.

We have already written in these pages that we believe that the messiah, sent by G-d Al-mighty, is not G-d, but a human being - but the greatest leader and wisest teacher who ever lived. He will put his extraordinary talents to use to precipitate a worldwide revolution which will bring perfect justice and harmony to humanity.

Who does this non G-d man sound like in scripture?  

John 5:43  I have come in My Father's Name, and you do not accept Me; but if someone else comes in his name, you will accept him.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

chris_carman

I'm a Deciple!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2004, 12:18:40 PM »

I beleive Jesus is the son of God,not God himself.

John 7:16 "Jesus answered them and said, 'My doctrine is not mine, but His who sent me.' "

John 14:24 "He who does not love me does not keep my words; and the word which you hear is not mine but The Father's who sent me."

John 12:49 "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak."

All of this is true however you have forgotten the most important verse

John 3:16 GOD so loved the world that he sent his one and only begotten son that whosoever belives in him shall not perish but have eternal life

.... The truth.... is here
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2004, 12:33:43 PM »

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

l
l
v

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2004, 12:46:27 PM »

Let’s look further into Isaiah, at some supporting scripture that has not been quoted in this thread (I don’t think); as the Messiah was prophesied:

Isaiah
(43:11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside Me there is no Savior.
(43:25) I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for Mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
(44:6) Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and His redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside Me there is no God.

In 43:11; God says He is the Savior – Jesus is our Savior, thus: Jesus is God
In 43:25; God says “I am he that blotteth out thy transgressions” – Jesus blotted out our sins, thus: Jesus is God.
In 44:6; God says He is both Lord King of Israel AND His Redeemer the Lord of Hosts – Jesus is our Redeemer, thus; Jesus is God.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2004, 01:30:09 PM »

YUPPERS
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the