Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:04:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  18 questions for Saved Roman Catholics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 18 questions for Saved Roman Catholics  (Read 2705 times)
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2003, 02:15:57 PM »

After all that has been said, it is good to examine oneself, to determine if considering oneself a christian while adhereing the doctrines of Rome, really is confirmed to us in the lite of Gods Word teaches.

http://www.biblebelievers.net/Romanism/kjc18qst.htm

Occasionally, some well-meaning Christian thinks he knows a "saved Roman Catholic". We invite such a person to introduce us to his friend so that we may, in his presence, ask the Roman Catholic the following questions. His answers will easily determine that he is not saved in the true, Biblical sense.

The new "accommodation" approach of the Roman Church in these ecumenical days of apostasy is to use the same expressions as Fundamental Christians. But Christian love is not shown by permitting these people to believe they are saved when they are not. Christian love is shown by making the true Gospel plain and clear so that the "religious but lost" person will recognize his unsaved condition and his need of a Saviour, the true Christ of the Bible, not a counterfeit, as in the Roman, Greek and many other churches.

The Apostle Paul said that he was free from the blood of all men. May the same be true of every genuine witness for Jesus Christ! Here are the questions:

1.  When were you converted?

2.  How were you converted?

3.  To what, or to whom, were you converted?

4.  What do you believe now that you did not believe before your conversion?

5.  What does it mean to be saved?

6.  On what Scriptural promises do you base your salvation?

7.  What does it mean to be born again?

8.  Are you sure today that if you die tomorrow, or at any time in the future, you will be in  heaven immediately after death?

9.  What do you believe about Purgatory?

10. What do you believe about the Mass?

11. Do you still participate in the Mass?

12. Do you believe that to miss Mass voluntarily on Sunday would be a mortal sin, so that if you did not confess it before you died, you would not go to heaven?

13. Do you believe that any sinner can be saved who dies without trusting in Jesus Christ alone for the salvation of his soul and forgiveness of his sins?

14. Do you believe that Mary and Roman Catholic saints can help you get to heaven?

15. How do you believe that the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ is applied to your soul?

16. Have you told your priest you have been saved (converted)?

17. Do you believe you will still go to heaven if you leave the Roman Catholic Church, receive believer's baptism and join a fundamental Protestant church?

18. When and where do you plan to do this?

As these questions, and others you can think of, are discussed in detail, you will quickly see that the person is trusting in his work, merits, baptism, confirmation, sacraments, or something besides - or plus - Jesus Christ and not in Christ and Christ alone. He can then be shown the difference between his unbiblical form of salvation and the saving faith of the Bible. (From The Gospel Catholic - The Conversion Center, Phila. PA)

The Crusader
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2003, 09:36:11 AM »

After all that has been said, it is good to examine oneself, to determine if considering oneself a christian while adhereing the doctrines of Rome, really is confirmed to us in the lite of Gods Word teaches.

http://www.biblebelievers.net/Romanism/kjc18qst.htm

Occasionally, some well-meaning Christian thinks he knows a "saved Roman Catholic". We invite such a person to introduce us to his friend so that we may, in his presence, ask the Roman Catholic the following questions. His answers will easily determine that he is not saved in the true, Biblical sense.

The new "accommodation" approach of the Roman Church in these ecumenical days of apostasy is to use the same expressions as Fundamental Christians. But Christian love is not shown by permitting these people to believe they are saved when they are not. Christian love is shown by making the true Gospel plain and clear so that the "religious but lost" person will recognize his unsaved condition and his need of a Saviour, the true Christ of the Bible, not a counterfeit, as in the Roman, Greek and many other churches.

The Apostle Paul said that he was free from the blood of all men. May the same be true of every genuine witness for Jesus Christ! Here are the questions:

1.  When were you converted?

2.  How were you converted?

3.  To what, or to whom, were you converted?

4.  What do you believe now that you did not believe before your conversion?

5.  What does it mean to be saved?

6.  On what Scriptural promises do you base your salvation?

7.  What does it mean to be born again?

8.  Are you sure today that if you die tomorrow, or at any time in the future, you will be in  heaven immediately after death?

9.  What do you believe about Purgatory?

10. What do you believe about the Mass?

11. Do you still participate in the Mass?

12. Do you believe that to miss Mass voluntarily on Sunday would be a mortal sin, so that if you did not confess it before you died, you would not go to heaven?

13. Do you believe that any sinner can be saved who dies without trusting in Jesus Christ alone for the salvation of his soul and forgiveness of his sins?

14. Do you believe that Mary and Roman Catholic saints can help you get to heaven?

15. How do you believe that the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ is applied to your soul?

16. Have you told your priest you have been saved (converted)?

17. Do you believe you will still go to heaven if you leave the Roman Catholic Church, receive believer's baptism and join a fundamental Protestant church?

18. When and where do you plan to do this?

As these questions, and others you can think of, are discussed in detail, you will quickly see that the person is trusting in his work, merits, baptism, confirmation, sacraments, or something besides - or plus - Jesus Christ and not in Christ and Christ alone. He can then be shown the difference between his unbiblical form of salvation and the saving faith of the Bible. (From The Gospel Catholic - The Conversion Center, Phila. PA)

Good questions Petro

The Crusader
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2003, 11:36:58 AM »

I think these questions where writing by someone who lacks full understanding of the Catholic Church. If a Roman Catholic where to find and answer these questions, and e-mail the answers to the author, I think they would be disappointed by many of them. Undecided

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2003, 11:42:41 AM »

I think these questions where writing by someone who lacks full understanding of the Catholic Church. If a Roman Catholic where to find and answer these questions, and e-mail the answers to the author, I think they would be disappointed by many of them. Undecided

No question about it, since Catholic priests believe there are other ways to be saved.  Not just by believing the Gosple of God.

Petro

michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 01:27:56 PM »

No question about it, since Catholic priests believe there are other ways to be saved.  Not just by believing the Gosple of God.

If there is one thing you and I agree on Petro is that we teach a different interpretation of the Gospel.

It is true that the Catholic understanding of Salvation is different from the Fundamentalist approach.  The question lies in whether it is deeper and more complete or whether it is too complex.  

I also agree that the movement toward ecumenical agreement should not be made at the cost of accuracy in doctrine and those on the Fundamentalist side as well as the Catholic side should not take points of apparent agreement at face value.

Since you want to ask questions all the time how about trying to answer some for once.  I even made it easy for you - I provided a reference to where you can look up the answers to each.

Questions for those who believe in Salvation by Faith Alone?

1. Why is it harder for a rich man to have faith than it is for a poor man?
(Matthew 19:23, Mark 10:26, Luke 18:25)
2. If we are saved by faith why is love greater than faith?
(1 Corinthians 13:13)
3. Is belief in Jesus as the sacrificial lamb sufficient to "believe in" Him or do we have to believe in Jesus’ other roles such as shepherd and Lord?  Do we have to follow Jesus to be saved?
(John 10:27-28, Hebrews 5:9)
4. How long can faith exist alone before it dies? A minute? A second? A microsecond?
(James 2:17)
5. Do we have to obey the Gospel to be saved?
(James 1:21-22, 2 Thessalonians 1:8, 1 Peter 4:17)
6. Do we have to do works of mercy to be saved?
(Matthew 25:31-46)
7. Do we have to be Baptized by the water and the spirit to be saved?
(John 3:5)
8. Do we have to do the will of the Father to be saved?
(Matthew 7:21)
9. Do we have to love one another to be saved?
(2 John 5-6, 1 John 4:7-21)
10. Do we have to obey the commandments to be saved?
(John 14:15-24, John 15:9-10, 1 John 5:2-3)
11. What did Christ answer when He was asked what we must do to have eternal life?
(Matthew 19:16, Mark 10:17, Luke 10:25, Luke 18:18)
12. If faith is a gift from God and is sufficient for salvation why must it be perfected with works?
(James 2:22)
13. Why are we nothing if we have faith alone?
(1 Corinthians 13:2)
14. Do we have to repent to be saved?
(James 5:20, Luke 13:3, Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19)
15. Do we have to continue in the proper doctrine to be saved?
(1 Tim 4:16)
16. Do we have to discern Christ in the bread and wine to have eternal life?
(John 6:54, 1 Corinthians 11:29)
17. Do we have to do good works to be saved?
(Romans 2:6-7, 1 Timothy 6:18-19)
18. Do we need to work out our salvation with fear and trembling?
(Philippians 2:12)
19. Is faith a form of works?
(1 Thessalonians 1:3)

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 04:37:18 PM »

Hey Petro,

I know this isn't a timed quiz or anything so I don't want you to feel any pressure.  Just wanted to make sure you didn't need any help find the answers to these questions.

Bump  Wink

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
RecognizeGodsGlory

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2004, 04:16:33 AM »

Sorry if I sort of "jump in". I feel like i could shine some light.

I believe these can be answered in our own hearts.

What is God's purpose for creation?

Will God line us up at judgement day according to religion?
(please take a number and get in line)

We must Look at the Seven churches of Revelation as a mirror of what Jesus expects from us today.

Are we viewed in his eyes the way he wants us to be viewed?

Thank you.
The Crusader
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 05:41:45 AM »

Petro

I agree

The Crusader
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 07:32:15 AM »

Hey Petro,

I know this isn't a timed quiz or anything so I don't want you to feel any pressure.  Just wanted to make sure you didn't need any help find the answers to these questions.

Bump  Wink

michael,

I posted these for your benefit, I am not going to grade the answers.

You sound as though you are priest in the RCC, b honest now, .......................are you?

I forget where a read you said you were scientist of some sort, are you employed or just a graduate with this major, that doesn't have a job?

Petro

michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 08:01:12 AM »

I posted these for your benefit, I am not going to grade the answers.

What is it you posted for my benefit?  What answers are you not going to grade?

You sound as though you are priest in the RCC, b honest now, .......................are you?

No I am not a priest, though I was sort of being pushed that way when I was in 6th grade in Catholic school.  I just didn't hear the calling I guess.  

You must really have a low opinion of Priests if you feel the need to encourage them to be honest though?!

I forget where a read you said you were scientist of some sort, are you employed or just a graduate with this major, that doesn't have a job?

I have been trained in a lot of different things in my life.  Six years US Navy in electronics, radar, and nuclear reactors.  Then a Masters in Nuclear Physics, with lots of Math and Philosophy.  But believe it or not Physicist aren't paid as much as network technicians.  So, now I work as and am certified in Network Administration.  I am 48 and luckily I am employed.

I do get accused of being a Priest on a lot of forums.   I always take it as a compliment.   Wink

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 08:57:08 AM »

michael,

Thanks for your honest answers.

Actually, priests, are human, they are not infallible, and that includes the pope.

Actually I have a low opinion of priests and anyone who would call himself a christian in general that distorts Gods Gosple message.

Being honest is not just in dealing with the everday matters of living and answering them honestly using logic or ones own opinions, it lies in the handling of Gods Word that has been entrusted to man.

Let every man be a liar, but let God be true.

Petro

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the