Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:46:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How to Obtain Sanctification by the WORD of God!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to Obtain Sanctification by the WORD of God!  (Read 3806 times)
itsalldone

Cleansed by the blood of Christ!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 15, 2003, 10:09:29 PM »

SANCTIFIED : Greek> hagiazo > sancus :  1. set apart for sacred use, consecrated.   2. made holy; purified.   3.  free from sin   4. received moral purity.    5.  consecrated sacred.  6. made productive/ useful by holiness […without which NO [one] shall see GOD!] Heb. 12: 14  & Mt. 5: 8              
      ‘Sanctify them through Your Truth, Your WORD is Truth…neither do I pray for these alone but for them also which shall believe on Me through their WORD. ‘ John 17:17, 20
      ‘God (the WORD) made no difference between them and us. He (the living WORD) made (created) our hearts (minds) clean when we believe.’  Acts 15: 9   (heart, 2588, thoughts [beliefs, motives])
      ‘And now I commit you to God, and to the WORD of His grace, which is able to build you up and give to you an inheritance among all the *sanctified (set aside holy).’ Acts:20:32   (*37, Holy, pure)
      ‘To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of satan unto God (the living WORD,) that they may receive forgiveness (omission) of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified (*set aside holy) by faith that is in Me.’  Acts 26:18   (*37, Holy, pure)
      ‘…for me to be minister of Christ Jesus to the nations, carrying on as a sacrificial service the message of glad tidings of God, in order that the offering up of the nations might (may) be acceptable, sanctified (set aside holy) by the Holy Spirit.’  Rom. 15:16  (might, 2480, may forcefully)
     ‘Whom God/the WORD has set forth to be a propitiation (restoration) through faith in His blood, to declare/ (*publicly proclaim) His righteousness/Holiness for the remission (omitting) of sins that ARE PAST, through the forbearance of God, To declare (publicly proclaim,) I say, at this time (NOW) His righteousness (Holiness.)’  Rom. 3:25,26   (declare, to 1731,  public proclaim)
     ‘But now being made FREE FROM SIN, and become servants to God, we have your fruit unto [w]Holiness, and the end everlasting life.’  Rom. 6:22    (end, 5056, result, conclusion)
     ‘But of Him are you in Christ Jesus, who of God (the WORD) is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness (purity,) and sanctification (set aside in holiness,) and redemption (deliverance)…  But we have the mind of Christ.’   1Cor.1:30; 2:16   (redemption, 629, deliverance)
     ‘And such were some of you, but you are washed (cleansed,) but you are sanctified (set aside holy,) but you are justified (made innocent) in the name (nature) of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit (of Holiness) of our God.’  1Cor. 6:11     (justified, 1344, rendered innocent)
     ‘I am crucified with Christ (the WORD,) never-the-less I live, yet not I, but the WORD lives in me.  For as many of you as HAVE BEEN baptized into Christ have put on Christ.’  Gal. 2: 20; 3:27
     ‘Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ (the WORD) Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect (mentally and morally) complete be thus minded(thinking,) and if in any thing you be otherwise minded (thinking,) God (the WORD) shall reveal even this unto you.  Never-the-less, whereto we have ALREADY ATTAINED, let us walk by the same rule (standard,) let us mind (thinking) the same thing.’  Phil. 2: 5; 3:15,16  [See the reason for perfection… Heb. 10:14]
      ‘For you know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.  For this is the will of God, even your sanctification/set aside in holy. And the very God  (the WORD) of peace sanctify (set you aside) in holiness completely, and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Faithful is He (the WORD) that called you, who also will do it.’  1Thes. 4:2,3; 5:23,24  
      ‘But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God (the WORD) has from the beginning chosen you to salvation (deliverance) through sanctification (set aside in holiness) of the Spirit and belief of the truth.’  1Thes. 2:13
      ‘By the which will we are sanctified (set aside holy) through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.  For by one offering He/ the WORD has perfected forever them that are sanctified (set aside holy.)  Wherefore Jesus also, that He might (may forcibly) sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered without the gate.’  Heb. 10: 10, 14; 13:12
     ‘Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified (set aside holy) by God  (the WORD, Father/Creator.)’  Jude 1: 24   ‘The holy shall live by faith.’ Rm. 1:17

Are you sanctified?

'WE ARE set aside holy, through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for ALL. For by one offering HE HAS PERFECTED forever them that are [set aside holy]. Heb.10:10,14 Whoever sin is of the devil.' 1Jn.3:8 Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see GOD." Mt.5:8 [/i]
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 06:07:19 PM »

itsalldone,

I say, excellent for your first opening post.

And welcome to this forum..

I am reminded, that sanctification is not just limited to believers only but also to unbelievers.

Note:

1 Cor 7
7  For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
8  I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
9  But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.
10  And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11  But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
12  But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
13  And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
14  For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
15  But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
16  For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?
17  But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk.

All unbelievers who have come to saving Faith in Jesus, were at some point in time sanctified (set apart to  hear the Gospel, while yet in tresspass and sin) by the Spirit of Truth, to hear the Truth of the Gospel, which has power to Save.

The extent of Sanctification cannot be measured;

Eph 2
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath made us alive  together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Blessings,
Petro

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 09:48:51 PM »

By the way here are a list of the benefits an unbeliever enjoys while "sanctified" by the Spirit of Grace.

They;

1. Are enlightened,

2. Taste of the heavenly gift, (the Word of God)

3.  Made partakers of the Holy Ghost, (in as mu7ch as He leads them into truth).

4.   And taste the powers of the world to come, (did not the Apostles receive power over demons, to cast them out)

(Heb 6:4-5)

Blessings,

Petro

itsalldone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 09:43:35 AM »

Blessing to all who are of a PURE heart for they shall see GOD,
And without HIS holiness NO man shall see GOD,

Blessing by the whole WORD of GOD! Perto,

Thank you, but you may have noticed that there were NO comments whatsoever in that post! As for my self I can do nothing, it is the WORD of GOD in me that does ALL the works (John 14:10) and let no man receive any glory but the glory be given to the living WORD of GOD!
"Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD.." Proverbs 16:5 "Everyone!"

By the way here are a list of the benefits an unbeliever enjoys while "sanctified" by the Spirit of Grace. They;
1. Are enlightened,
2. Taste of the heavenly gift, (the Word of God)
3.  Made partakers of the Holy Ghost, (in as mu7ch as He leads them into truth).
4.  And taste the powers of the world to come, (did not the Apostles receive power over demons, to cast them out)
(Heb 6:4-5)

Yep! Quite the "benifits!" Here is the list of benefits for the unbeliever (just in case the Unbelievers / Unsanctified / Unregenerate do not have the WORD of GOD in them or with them!)
(1.) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost. If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-5
(2.) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.  Hebrews 10: 26-27
(3.) The LORD of that servant will come in a day when he looks not for HIM, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.  Luke 12:46         
(4.) He that believes and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believes not shall be damned.”   Mark 16: 16 And that was not referring to water salvation&      
(5.) And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity. Matthew 7:23    iniquity =         
1 : gross injustice : WICKEDNESS
2 : a wicked act or thing : SIN  
3 : an offense against religious or moral law b. a transgression of the law of God b : a vitiated state of human nature in which the self is estranged from God.
4 : morally reprehensible  b : arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct
5 : Ungodly, impure, defiled DETESTABLE or worthy of or causing disgust. b. an abomination

The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are pleasant words. Proverbs 15:26

'WE ARE set aside holy, through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for ALL. For by one offering HE HAS PERFECTED forever them that are [set aside holy]. Heb.10:10,14 Whoever sin is of the devil.' 1Jn.3:8 Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see GOD." Mt.5:8 [/i]
itsalldone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 03:23:44 PM »

Blessing to the pure of heart for they (and only they) shall see GOD,  

Dear Petro
Would you please explain your statement . Huh...Thanks!

"All unbelievers who have come to saving Faith in Jesus, were at some point in time sanctified (set apart to  hear the Gospel, while yet in tresspass and sin) by the Spirit of Truth, to hear the Truth of the Gospel, which has power to Save."

itsalldone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2003, 10:44:21 AM »

Blessing to ALL the saints, for their minds are the Mind of Christ, the Rule of the WORD of Truth, (Phil. 2: 5)  Cheesy

All unbelievers who have come to saving Faith in Jesus, were at some point in time sanctified (set apart to  hear the Gospel, while yet in tresspass and sin) by the Spirit of Truth, to hear the Truth of the Gospel, which has power to Save.

Please, Allow me to decipher the word unbeliever= someone who do NOT believe!
Now HOW could anyone have saving faith; and at the same time be an unbeliever? Wouldnt an unbeliever cease being an unbeliever the moment they believe?
And would someone who does not know the Truth of the Gospel, that has never heard the gospel, be a unbeliever Would not only the souls who have heard or read the Truth and, NOT believed the Truth, be called unbelievers?

Now all souls in hell believe in Jesus, were they at some point in time sanctified?  

Just a few questions, for anyone who can give the answers! Thanks!

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 11:53:16 AM »

Blessing to the pure of heart for they (and only they) shall see GOD,  

Dear Petro
Would you please explain your statement . Huh...Thanks!

"All unbelievers who have come to saving Faith in Jesus, were at some point in time sanctified (set apart to  hear the Gospel, while yet in tresspass and sin) by the Spirit of Truth, to hear the Truth of the Gospel, which has power to Save."

Yes,

Very simply put the word Sanctify, has more than one meaning, the one in view at 1 Cor 7:14, means to "set apart" by God to hear the gospel.

Since the natural man, is dead in trespass and sins, he is unable to see, hear, recieve, know nor believe the things of God (1 Cor 2:14)

This man can only see, hear, recieve, know and finally believe the things of God, only if God "sets him apart" or "calls" him to hear the Gospel of God.

At Heb 6:4-5, the picture is painted for us, of a person who has been sanctified and enjoyed certain benefits while under the influence of the Holy Spirit in drawing them to the truth.

Turning from this truth, is what seals the eternal judgement for these who reject the truth revealed by the Spirit during this time, this is why Heb 6:6, states they can never be brought back to repentance.

Rejecting the truth taught by the Holy Spirit concerning Jesus while sanctified by Him, is the sin of Blashpemy, spoken by the Lord at Mat 12:31.

Everyone who has not obeyed the commandmnet of God to repent (Acts 17:30), is under the condemnation of this same sin, since God has made it clear he has appoionted a day when He will "judge all man by that man whom he has raised form the dead."

These,  who are yet in unbelief and have not rejected the truth, can still be granted repentance to believe.

There is no other way, Jesus said;

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
 Jhn 6:44

It is all in the drawing..

Blessings,

Petro

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the