Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:20:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Trolls Among Us Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trolls Among Us Again  (Read 2567 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2003, 12:27:01 AM »

Don’t worry, I wouldn’t give up over a little silliness like anti-Catholicism. 2000 year old Church standing strong with the grace of God. 200 years of unbiblical bigotry isn’t going to much harm. How much damage will a mean Kitty do to a St. Bernard. I’m most of the time I enjoy the insanity that comes with online debates. It gets annoying at time (which was the case when I wrote that last post) but it is rather fun for the most part. Really puts think into perspective, and they post good point, which gives me more reason to study Catholicism, and question the truth of my own faith. It strengthens my faith, as well as my walk, and even my knowledge of why we do what we do. Of example, that long post I wrote to Aw about the Catholic beliefs on Salvation, that was 3 hours of research, and I think I received more out of it then anyone else!

I have learned much more patience and tolerance of other beliefs from doing this. I have learned thing in this board that will stick we me for life. I flinch when I think about having to delete my PMs, for band width sake. You, Whitehorse, Jason, Petro, all the wisdom in my inbox, at my finger tips. It would take a lot for me to give this up. Sure, it isn’t even close to true fellowship, but this has its place to. The New Testament isn’t a bunch of sermons transcribed, they are letters. Oh, the fellowship is key, but after 2000 years, we do not remember every friendship and close bond from the early church, be every one of us can quote their letters.

Sorry, Tom, you ain’t getting rid of me that easily.

Love,
Chris

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2003, 12:29:51 AM »

Just a thought Tibby, but why not copy, cut and paste those posts into a word document that you can save?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2003, 12:47:22 AM »

Thanks Grin I had to do that accually. It was taking 5 minutes to get to the bottem of the page there my new messages where Undecided Oh well Smiley

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2003, 06:29:03 AM »

All may not be trolls,but perhaps have a different perspective on God's word. They are not very tactful in presenting it and appear to agitate, antagonize, and argue, There are regular old time members of the forum that do the same. Some will deliberatly disrupt a discussion with foolishness if they disagree, instead of presenting a good alternative to the thoughts involved.

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2003, 02:47:49 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Tibby,

Sorry, Tom, you ain’t getting rid of me that easily.

Grin  Great! I'm extremely happy to hear that.

I wish you and everyone grace, peace, and joy as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2003, 02:56:33 PM »

All may not be trolls,but perhaps have a different perspective on God's word. They are not very tactful in presenting it and appear to agitate, antagonize, and argue, There are regular old time members of the forum that do the same. Some will deliberatly disrupt a discussion with foolishness if they disagree, instead of presenting a good alternative to the thoughts involved.

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Ollie,

Sadly, you are correct about some of the regular old time members, including me. This is something I have been thinking about and praying about for some time. We have an interesting mixture of sweet Christian people in various denominations with strong and sensitive beliefs. This is something we can all pray about and hopefully all benefit in our fellowship with each other.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2003, 08:57:58 AM »

SO true.  Its so hard to be humble as humans.  We just have an uncontrollable urge to strike out at others who disagree with us.   I know I am very guilt of this a lot of times, even though I know better.   In my attempt to be aware of this, if I am reading a post that immediately causes an urge in me to disagree, thats my little red flag that pops up.  I try to force myself to think on the matter for while before responding which usually leads to one of three things.

1.  I find that I could be wrong on the matter altogether.
or
2.  My reply will not change anyones oppionion in relation to the thread.
or
3.  I am able to express Gods truth in a manner that is not offensive to the poster, but bring something to the thread that might be overlooked.

Its so hard to be human at times.  Even with this safeguard, I still jump in the deep end without looking first too many times.   Cry   Forgive me brothers...I do really try!

May God help us to love each other even in disagreement.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
The Crusader
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2003, 09:30:14 AM »

I agree

The Crusader
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the