Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:08:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286795 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Trolls Among Us Again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trolls Among Us Again  (Read 2562 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2003, 08:32:20 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

If you didn't already recognize it, we have at least 2 trolls among us. They are not very skilled and use the same worn out bait to fish for Christians. This worn out bait can be found on numerous INTERNET sites. I'll give them credit for wording the bait a little bit differently, but their skill level in deploying the bait is zero.

It's almost a dead giveaway when the first post is a prepared barrage against Christians, polished in their mind. There usually isn't any effort to look at posts already on the board, introduce themselves normally, or become involved like most new users do. In short, they are simply trolls here to disrupt and cause trouble.

If we choose to play with the trolls and make fun of them, they achieve part of their goal. It's funny to think they believe they are here to play with us. The best way to deal with trolls is simply to ignore them.

In Christ,
Tom

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 10:27:41 PM »

Trolls most of us delt with, its from within that the danger lays, how can we do any good for Christ when we are fighting among ourselfs, what kind of witness are we showing when we bicker like children.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 12:11:30 AM »

Trolls most of us delt with, its from within that the danger lays, how can we do any good for Christ when we are fighting among ourselfs, what kind of witness are we showing when we bicker like children.

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Forrest,

Brother, I agree with you 100%. I hope that everyone reads this. We may do more damage to each other than the trolls can do. I have been thinking and praying about this very issue.

We have an interesting membership of sweet Christians from many denominations. I keep coming up with the same questions:

Isn't the most important question "Do you and I belong to Jesus?"

If we both belong to Jesus, shouldn't we be able to enjoy fellowship with each other?

If we both belong to Jesus, are our other differences enough to end friendship and fellowship?

If we both belong to Jesus, can't we find a way to discuss and even debate our differences and still have fellowship?

If you will notice, I think the key to everything is "Do we belong to Jesus?" If we do, we can discuss and debate without beating each other up. Let me be the first to plead guilty. I ask forgiveness and pray for wisdom and guidance in conversations with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I think there is a way to discuss and even debate our differences in love.

Brother Forrest, you won this discussion. I hope that all of our brothers and sisters in Christ will pray about this.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 12:32:32 AM »

I'm not looking to win any discussion or debate only that GOD be glorifide,when we have a whole world dieing and going to hell, and all we do is sit around and bicker about gifts, and make fun of televangelists, at lest some of them do preach the true Gospel to a dieing world.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 02:16:10 AM »

I'm not looking to win any discussion or debate only that GOD be glorified,when we have a whole world dieing and going to hell, and all we do is sit around and bicker about gifts, and make fun of televangelists, at lest some of them do preach the true Gospel to a dieing world.

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Forrest,

Brother, I think you hit the nail on the head. "Not looking to win any discussion or debate, only that GOD be glorified, when we have a whole world dying and going to hell." I think that is the secret to Christians being able to discuss differences in Christian love. Some folks are looking for points and a winner or loser like they are on a debate team. I think there is a way for Christians to discuss and even debate with Christian love. It would simply be an exchange of information with no winners and no losers.

Adding televangelists to the mix opens another world of problems. I realize that some of them preach The Word. Generally, they don't make themselves an easy topic to discuss. I'll stop there and leave it at that.   Smiley

In Christ,
Tom

3wells

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 07:04:27 AM »

Tom,

I don't know who these troll are, but from my point of view there are other trolls here (I won't mention names but I think you know who I am referring to) who just paste in doctrine from their favorite web sites, submit disruptive posts that have nothing to do with the subject begin discussed, and make ad-hominem attacks without as much as a word or warning from you.

I too am not innocent and have recently allowed myself to be provoked, despite the fact that in the two years I have debated on Christian forums I have put a great deal of thought into how a Christian should respond without being offensive.

I admire your desire to uphold the general idea of this forum and your humility, but since I come here to discuss scripture and doctrine I feel very frustrated when threads are being ruined without any intervention from you.

You speak out when trolls cause trouble when the message is something you disagree with, but say absolutely nothing when the trolls are those who you agree with ideologically. That's the way it looks to me anyway.

I'm not asking you to take sides when things get heated or discussions are being derailed, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to have a moderator who takes measures to promote healthy discussion and disuade disruption. This thread is a good start, I suppose, but a lot more needs to be done.

/Yours in Christ, 3wells.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 09:01:46 AM »

I admire your desire to uphold the general idea of this forum and your humility, but since I come here to discuss scripture and doctrine I feel very frustrated when threads are being ruined without any intervention from you.

You speak out when trolls cause trouble when the message is something you disagree with, but say absolutely nothing when the trolls are those who you agree with ideologically. That's the way it looks to me anyway.

Oklahoma Howdy to 3Wells,

This really doesn't need to be public, but you have chosen it to be so. So, I'll answer you in public, and you may not like it. I studied three threads tonight, and in terms of instigating and rudeness, you won the prize. The only thing blatant I could find was references to someone who is not a poster on this board, Benny Hinn. I have some personal experience with what he did to some elderly members of my church and would like to see him IN JAIL. I won't be defending him now or ever. I don't hate him, but I think he is a completely false teacher and criminal. I doubt you will find many Christians who will appreciate or tolerate what he does in God's name. He is a public figure and subject to criticism and opinion. If folks are allowed an opinion on the President of the United States, folks are also allowed an opinion on Benny Hinn.

Yes, I would like to see more Christian love in the conversations between brothers and sisters in Christ. If this is to be achieved, both sides of the discussion have to try. There is nothing wrong with disagreement and discussion, the wrong enters the picture in the way it is done. There's a big difference between disagreement and violating the forum rules. The two are completely separate and should be.

I think this is definitely something we all need to think about and pray about. I don't think that Benny Hinn would be a good starting place except for monks with a vow of silence. If we started with him, we wouldn't want the Old Testament involved, as it would be a capital punishment case. Let's start with something easier, ourselves, the members of Christians Unite.

Love In Christ,
Tom

3wells

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 09:32:32 AM »

Tom,

As I thought I made clear, my interest here is to discuss scripture and doctrine, not people and denominations. Is this asking too much when coming to a forum called "ChristiansUnite"? To me that testifies to having an unbiased focus beneficial to Christians of all denominations. Is it possible for penacostals and charasmatics to focus the discussion on the gifts of the Spirit without being compared to Benny Hinn and Jim Jones?

Aparantly not!

Have I tried to defend Benny Hinn or anyone else here? NO!  Have I linked to any websites or cut and pasted anything from anyone elses theology. NO! So why on earth are you preaching to me about Hinn?

You are at liberty to quote any of my posts to show to all people involved that I have said anything about Benny Hinn or shown any interest in promoting him (ignoring my reply to that silly provocation, of course). You will find NOTHING!

You are entitled to your opinion of anyone you want, but when I am trying to discuss Biblical doctrine I don't appreciate having the discussion thrown off just because people have opinions about this man or because they don't like my posts and want to frustrate the discussion.  

I never expected you to like my contribution to this thread, or that I did it publically, but I am suprised by your attempt to brush off my criticism by doing exactly what your friends have been doing - moving the focus over to Benny Hinn.

OK Tom, I'll follow your advice and let you "win the argument".

I have had it here... you say whatever you want. What chance does anyone stand here when the moderator lets his own feelings about one man interfere with his judgment?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 09:40:20 AM by 3wells » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2003, 10:23:39 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to 3Wells,

Brother, I don't think you read my post. I didn't say who said what about Bennie Hinn. However, I said something about Bennie Hinn, and that may or may not agree with your thoughts. Regardless, I won't be spending any time debating Bennie Hinn. I simply said that he appeared to be the most blatant example of disagreement.

Read my post again. You are free to believe whatever you wish, and all are free to agree or disagree within the forum rules.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 12:11:08 AM »

Disagreement is difficult for Christians many times.   I do think its possible to disagree with love.  In many ways it seems to be somewhat of an artform.     Attacking the poster is obviously not a good start.  Discussing the ideas within the post must be the better route.  I know I too am guilty of taking the wrong path regarding this.  It requires a bit of restraint, and self control to gather ones thoughts before he speaks as well as being able to listen.....(maybe this is why God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth  Wink.  In numerouse threads I find that I cannot find the apropriate words.  I can't tell you how many times I have hit the reply button and typed for several minutes, only to decide against posting at all, because I was unable to express my views apropriately, OR I decided it wasn't that important to begin with  Grin

There is no reason as Christians to attack our brothers and sisters in the Lord.  On the other hand, I do feel it is possible to have disagreements and still show respect to the one you disagree with.   May God help all of us bear the greatest gift  towards one another, Love!

Even with all the other gifts, including knowledge,

Without Love...

1. I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
2. I am nothing.
3. I gain nothing.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 04:12:26 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to 2nd Timothy,

Amen Brother! Good post and I agree.

I know that part of the problem is the sensitive nature of one's core beliefs. Another part of the problem is not being able to use voice inflections, hand gestures, tones of voice, and many other communication methods that are not available on a written forum. Then, one of the most obvious problem is us, Christians evidently like to argue and debate, even members within the same church.

It is definitely something we all need to pray about, not just for the forum but for every day life.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2003, 06:13:38 AM »

This is somewhat post mortem to the original thread.

Is it just me, or has there been a recent flurry of trollatarian activity at an increased level?   Almost as if the raise in national security level has brought trolls out of the woodworks.    Huh

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2003, 08:12:37 AM »

This is somewhat post mortem to the original thread.

Is it just me, or has there been a recent flurry of trollatarian activity at an increased level?   Almost as if the raise in national security level has brought trolls out of the woodworks.    Huh

Grace and Peace!

Oklahoma Howdy to 2nd Timothy,

Brother, I think there are at least 3. However, they are lesser trolls and share only one brain.   Cheesy We'll put them in a round room and tell them to go stand in the corner. That ought to keep them busy for a week or more.   Cheesy

In Christ,
Tom

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2003, 12:23:24 PM »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Lets just attack what they believe with bais and twisted facts, and not let those who know about it correct us. It works to turn the regulars off to coming back. Angry

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2003, 03:06:27 PM »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Lets just attack what they believe with bais and twisted facts, and not let those who know about it correct us. It works to turn the regulars off to coming back. Angry

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Tibby,

Huh  I doubt that you or anyone else on the board would claim the ones I'm talking about. Uriyah is one of the more obvious trolls, and a couple more are becoming more obvious by the minute. In case you are wondering, one I'm thinking about has been extremely rude to Catholics on the board. Charlie does not appear to like anyone.

Tibby, we love you and have no desire to run you off.

Love Ya Bro,
Tom

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the