Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:00:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  THE PRUDENT WIFE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE PRUDENT WIFE  (Read 2775 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: December 12, 2003, 05:33:24 PM »

THE PRUDENT WIFE

"and a prudent wife is from the LORD" Prov. 19:14b

Encouragement for Ladies by Vicki Dowell

As I was contemplating this article, I wondered where I'd find the time to write it. (I finally did when everyone was sound asleep .... at 1: 00 am.) Remembering parts of a song from several years back (before I quit listening to secular music), I found myself humming the tune about "putting TIME in a bottle." Then when a monthly health newsletter arrived with the lead story about "Time Stress," I decided that should surely be my subject.

At times I feel like I must be the busiest woman in the world. It seems like the very rare leisure time I experience is an occasional trip out-of-town where I don't have a stove, washing machine, or computer; but that always creates "catch up" when we return home. Life is so "daily" preparing nutrious meals, ironing, typesetting, and so many other responsibilities when multiplied by eight people in our family.

But lest I sound like I'm complaining, I want you to know that I'm thankful for the ability to perform the endless tasks I have before me and for the opportunity to spread the message of God's wonderful grace, first to my immediate family and then along to others. It is truly the joy of my heart to be a servant to everyone I possibly can. So, if I can help you, please don't let "my time" (or lack of it) get in the way of asking. I'll be glad to plug your need into the line.

As I continually review my priorities, scripture reminds me "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom " (Psalm 90:12) so I must se things in proper order. That means some things (even though I desire to accomplish them) get bumped to the bottom of the list. But rather than become frustrated, I can find com- fort in God's Word in James 4:14b-15 "For what is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. " I must constantly put thing s into perspective with eternity. What will it matter then if I don't achieve my own expectations? Again, Psalm 103:15-16 tells me, "As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. "

While I analyze my undertakings, I will remember my resolve to order them by necessity and importance so I may serve others along my way. In God's wisdom, He didn't make me with as many arms as an octopus or as many legs as a caterpillar, so "just as I am," I will "walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days, are evil" (Eph, 5:15-16).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 07:04:24 PM »

Beautiful, A4C! Thank you!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 08:19:28 AM »

Beautiful, A4C! Thank you!

DITTO!  Grin

The Crusader
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 07:08:28 AM »

THE PRUDENT WIFE

"and a prudent wife is from the LORD" Prov. 19:14b

Encouragement for Ladies by Vicki Dowell

As I was contemplating this article, I wondered where I'd find the time to write it. (I finally did when everyone was sound asleep .... at 1: 00 am.) Remembering parts of a song from several years back (before I quit listening to secular music), I found myself humming the tune about "putting TIME in a bottle." Then when a monthly health newsletter arrived with the lead story about "Time Stress," I decided that should surely be my subject.

At times I feel like I must be the busiest woman in the world. It seems like the very rare leisure time I experience is an occasional trip out-of-town where I don't have a stove, washing machine, or computer; but that always creates "catch up" when we return home. Life is so "daily" preparing nutrious meals, ironing, typesetting, and so many other responsibilities when multiplied by eight people in our family.

But lest I sound like I'm complaining, I want you to know that I'm thankful for the ability to perform the endless tasks I have before me and for the opportunity to spread the message of God's wonderful grace, first to my immediate family and then along to others. It is truly the joy of my heart to be a servant to everyone I possibly can. So, if I can help you, please don't let "my time" (or lack of it) get in the way of asking. I'll be glad to plug your need into the line.

As I continually review my priorities, scripture reminds me "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom " (Psalm 90:12) so I must se things in proper order. That means some things (even though I desire to accomplish them) get bumped to the bottom of the list. But rather than become frustrated, I can find com- fort in God's Word in James 4:14b-15 "For what is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. " I must constantly put thing s into perspective with eternity. What will it matter then if I don't achieve my own expectations? Again, Psalm 103:15-16 tells me, "As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. "

While I analyze my undertakings, I will remember my resolve to order them by necessity and importance so I may serve others along my way. In God's wisdom, He didn't make me with as many arms as an octopus or as many legs as a caterpillar, so "just as I am," I will "walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days, are evil" (Eph, 5:15-16).

My wife will love this, thanks Ambassador.

The Crusader
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the