Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:12:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Authority is Ours!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Authority is Ours!!  (Read 3619 times)
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2003, 07:01:38 PM »

Luke
10:19 Behold, I give unto you power(Authority) to tread(Trample)on serpents(Snakes) and scorpions, and over all the power(Ability) of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt(Harm) you.

Psalm 91:13
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: [2] the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

John 1:12
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

Mark 16:17,18
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

1When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, 2and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. 6So they set out and went from village to village, preaching the gospel and healing people everywhere.  Luke 9:1-2,6 NIV

49"Master," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us."  50"Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you." Luke 9:49-50 NIV

Paul demonstrated this authority when he cast the spirit of divination out of a fortuneteller in Acts 16:18:  "She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the spirit, "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!" At that moment the spirit left her"  (NIV).

Note that Christ's authority is given only to those who believe in him (John 1:12, Mark 16:17).  For example, the seven sons of Sceva attempted to cast demons out without having faith in Jesus.  They invoked his name like a magical word and were severely beaten up and chased away (Acts 19:13-16).  

We have the Authority,who can deny this?Through Jesus people can and are still healed today.Miracles happen all the time.Demons are cast out in Jesus' name

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 08:29:31 AM »

NO WAY!

Jesus I know, Paul I know, who are you  Jabez?

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 11:41:48 AM »

You say you know Jesus,but accept what he has told us?

John14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 03:46:22 PM »

You say you know Jesus,but accept what he has told us?

John14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].

Oklahoma Howdy to Jabez,

Brother, I fear that you don't realize the purpose for the miracles, signs, and wonders, and for the times they were intended. This is not to say there are no more miracles today. These powers were given by God to help the masses of doubting Thomas' believe at the time of Christ, before and after the crucifixion.

These powers were later replaced by the Living Word of God, the Holy Bible. It should be obvious for God's children of today that we don't drink poison, we don't step on adders, and we all die and have illnesses, regardless of the strength of our faith in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.

The strongest and most devout children of God have all suffered illness and physical death since the cross. Brother, you will not be moving mountains or escaping physical illness and physical death in this life. Remember that our real citizenship is in HEAVEN, and the trials of this short life are nothing in comparison to Eternal Life in GLORY with our LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST.

Thanks be unto God for HIS unspeakable GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 04:58:16 PM »

I who was nothing until God,now am a son of God.I beleive in miracles.healing and all of what the Bible teachs.Where does it say these powers have been stripped?Dont you think Faith is the key?We start out as babes and our Faith grows.To say nothing can be done about a disease and sickness is putting restictions on God.I say to anyone who will listen,What cant God Do?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 05:54:00 PM »

I who was nothing until God,now am a son of God.I beleive in miracles.healing and all of what the Bible teachs.Where does it say these powers have been stripped?Dont you think Faith is the key?We start out as babes and our Faith grows.To say nothing can be done about a disease and sickness is putting restictions on God.I say to anyone who will listen,What cant God Do?

Brother Jabez,

The authority is God's, and HE hasn't given it to us. Only God performs miracles, and HE does so at HIS will, pleasure, and time.

God did give that authority to many about 2,000 years ago, including the Apostle Paul. If you will remember, the Apostle Paul suffered illness for a good portion of his life, and he also suffered physical death, just like all others. Paul knew there were no restrictions on Almighty God, and Paul certainly had a measure of faith greater than your faith or my faith. Paul prayed for relief from his illness several times, and God did not grant it. Paul also asked in HIS name as a faithful servant of Almighty God, but it was not granted. Paul and all other men suffer physical illness and physical death.

All who claim to be Divine Healers of today also suffer physical illness and physical death. Almighty God heals at HIS will, HIS pleasure, and HIS time, not at the command or will of man.

If God's power is given to men of sufficient faith, why aren't all of the Apostles alive today? Where are all of the 2,000 year old children of God? The answer is really pretty simple. The AUTHORITY AND POWER BELONGS TO ALMIGHTY GOD, not us. Our power today is to pray to God that our request be granted, ONLY IF IT IS HIS WILL. God does answer prayer when it is HIS WILL to do so, not at the command or will of man or hosts of men, regardless of their faith.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2003, 06:30:22 PM »

Brother Jabez,

The authority is God's, and HE hasn't given it to us. Only God performs miracles, and HE does so at HIS will, pleasure, and time.

God did give that authority to many about 2,000 years ago, including the Apostle Paul. If you will remember, the Apostle Paul suffered illness for a good portion of his life, and he also suffered physical death, just like all others. Paul knew there were no restrictions on Almighty God, and Paul certainly had a measure of faith greater than your faith or my faith. Paul prayed for relief from his illness several times, and God did not grant it. Paul also asked in HIS name as a faithful servant of Almighty God, but it was not granted. Paul and all other men suffer physical illness and physical death.

All who claim to be Divine Healers of today also suffer physical illness and physical death. Almighty God heals at HIS will, HIS pleasure, and HIS time, not at the command or will of man.

If God's power is given to men of sufficient faith, why aren't all of the Apostles alive today? Where are all of the 2,000 year old children of God? The answer is really pretty simple. The AUTHORITY AND POWER BELONGS TO ALMIGHTY GOD, not us. Our power today is to pray to God that our request be granted, ONLY IF IT IS HIS WILL. God does answer prayer when it is HIS WILL to do so, not at the command or will of man or hosts of men, regardless of their faith.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen

Thank you Brother BEP, nothing but the truth. I pray your simple message will be understood by all that read it.

Yours in Christ
A4C

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2003, 08:25:30 PM »

Luke
10:19 Behold, I give unto you power(Authority) to tread(Trample)on serpents(Snakes) and scorpions, and over all the power(Ability) of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt(Harm) you.
Me:
Jesus gave Authority,nothing in me can do as Jesus,only God threw me can Great things be done for his glory!

quote BEP:
If God's power is given to men of sufficient faith, why aren't all of the Apostles alive today? Where are all of the 2,000 year old children of God?
Me:
Genesis
6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
quote BEP:
Almighty God heals at HIS will, HIS pleasure, and HIS time, not at the command or will of man
Me:

God will lead you in his Will.He will take you places you never thought possable.He will speak to you,its up to us to listen.Some go throught disease,suffering not realizeing God is prepareing them for something great.We dont always understand what God is doing through us,all we must do is have Faith no matter what!All is for the Glory of God!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2003, 09:39:25 PM »

Amen

Thank you Brother BEP, nothing but the truth. I pray your simple message will be understood by all that read it.

Yours in Christ
A4C

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Ambassador4Christ,

You are most welcome. The problem appears to be a complete misunderstanding of God's purpose and God's time. Almighty God knew that miracles, signs, and wonders would be required to establish the truth of Christ. Almighty God also knew the miracles, signs, and wonders would be required to keep HIS messengers alive long enough to tell the GOOD NEWS. Even so, many of HIS messengers were still killed and Christ's own rejected and killed him.

Without the miracles, signs, and wonders, we would not have the Holy Bible, and we would have never heard the GOOD NEWS. However, we have the indestructible and LIVING WORD OF GOD. It's a shame and almost a crime that many are led to believe they are sick because of a lack of faith or they haven't given enough money. The beautiful portions of Scripture are indeed the complete TRUTH, but not for us. Those beautiful Scriptures are most commonly used today by criminals who use them to commit fraud with the sick and dying. The criminal posing as a pastor will not live without illness and will not physically live to 120. They are accursed in this life and judged in the next. It makes me sick to think their most common victims are the elderly living on fixed incomes. I can visualize the so-called pastor laughing in his mansions while his victims do without food and medicine to support his lavish lifestyle. There should be an Old Testament penalty for a man using God's name to rob God's children. I am satisfied that Almighty God will deal with them appropriately at HIS chosen time.

Love In Christ,
Tom
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 09:51:08 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2003, 10:02:32 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Jabez,

Brother, what I say is in Christian love, not hate or in humor. I think that others have tried to help you understand the Scriptures you are quoting, both from a Biblical and common sense point of view. You seem to be pretty well sold on the deception, regardless of common sense facts.

I will simply ask you to please not stand in traffic or in front of a train. Please don't play with snakes or drink poison. You are just a man and will physically die, end of story.

Please don't sell tickets for moving a mountain. Try moving a paper clip first. You can't do it, regardless of how strong your faith is. Brother, you are a victim of fraud and deception that is not of God and not from God. I will be praying for you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2003, 11:18:38 PM »

What about raising the dead? Apostles were able to raise the dead as well as heal and drive out demons. When you can raise the dead in Jesus name, you can claim authority.

Paul2

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2003, 02:38:18 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Paul2,

Welcome back Brother! We've been missing you.

If one can move mountains, raising the dead should be no problem. - Good Point.

Love In Christ,
Tom

3wells

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2003, 03:44:06 AM »

Blackeyedpeas,

You would expect that the moderator of a forum such as ChristiansUnite to understand that the only thing we can possible unite around is the Word of God. You are entitled to you opinion of course, but somehow I think that denominational propaganda that cannot be scripturally verified is not very fitting for the role you have and does not set a good example for others to follow.

Everything should be established by the testimony of two or three. Cessationism has nothing. It is a human theory and fails the test of scriptural verification. That alone is enough to classify it as a false doctrine.
3wells

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2003, 10:10:28 AM »

Blackeyedpeas:

"You can't do it, regardless of how strong your faith is."

Jesus:

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

So who is telling the truth? You or Jesus? It's not Jabez you are fighting against. It is the truth.

You guys amaze me! You praise the Word of God, nominate your favorite apostle, and then turn around and contradict both! Amening each other because you subscribe to the same denominational dogma. Having a form of godliness, but denying its power. That is one sure way of determining which "time" we are living in.

What Jesus said is not the truth simply because you or I see mountains being moved or people raised from the dead. Not seeing these things happening does not justify altering scripture to suit your view of reality. It's the truth because the Word tells us so!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2003, 11:26:53 AM »

3Wells,

There is no alteration of Scripture. It's really a very simple matter of who the Scripture is directed to, for what purpose, and for what time.

There is no denial of the awesome might and power of Almighty God. There is a denial that men have HIS power.

There is no denial that Almighty God has complete Authority over all. There is a denial that man commands this authority.

I can only assume by your last post that you have faith greater than a mustard seed. Just the plain and simple truth, you can't move a paper clip either.

There are many today who still look for the miracles, signs, and wonders as a prerequisite for faith. There are others who claim to perform those miracles, signs, and wonders in the name of Almighty God. They are frauds and deceivers - the truth is not in them. Almighty God performs HIS WILL at HIS pleasure and HIS time, not at the command of men of today.

There was a time some 2,000 years ago that God allowed chosen vessels to perform great works in HIS NAME. Almighty God had a purpose and time for allowing this, and that purpose and time has passed.

Almighty God has the Authority, not man.

In Christ,
Tom  

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the