Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:52:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  CHRISTIAN?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Are all thoughts saved ie."born agian" Christian?
YES - 1 (16.7%)
NO - 5 (83.3%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHRISTIAN?  (Read 13436 times)
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2003, 08:44:22 PM »

I would like to know your opinion with scripture to backup.

Later I will give mine, I want to see what you say whithout my leading.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 08:48:41 PM by Forrest » Logged

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 08:51:01 PM »

forrest,

Maybe its just me, but I don't understand the question..

Petro

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 08:58:48 PM »

same here,not sure exactly what the qeustion is..

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 09:31:32 PM »

Basicly its easy, are all that claim Christ, Christian.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 10:54:53 PM »

Basicly its easy, are all that claim Christ, Christian.

Of course! Why do I need the bible to back it up? I just have to turn on the TV. You want the bible, we can all quote a few verses about false teachers and the like, but why bother?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 11:42:20 PM »

Absolutely not!  And I'll back it up with both bible and personal illustration...

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

Matthew 7:21-23

Some claim Christ without personal saving knowledge of Him.  When I was 8 years old, I made a profession of faith.  We were in danger of a tornado, and I was scared.  I asked God to save me, as I was unsure of what might happen if I died.  In reality, I was asking to be saved from the tornado - not from my sins.  It was not until some years later, while working with teens in our youth group, after having been a leader in that youth group as a teen, having attended a Christian school for all but one year of my education, after having been in church when the doors were open for the bulk of my life, and after clinging to that profession for years, that I came to realize the Christ I claimed was not mine.  I accepted Him, I am glad to say, and He saved me by His grace to the glory of God the Father.  My wife was also raised in a Christian home, attended a Christian school, was at church every time the doors were open, went to a Christian university, taught in a Christian school, played piano for the church choir and congregational singing, was a Hall Leader at her university, led people to Christ - all after making a profession at the age of 5.  It wasn't until a few years ago that she realized she didn't know the Christ she claimed.  Good news is, He saved her too!

Can we claim Christ without being His?  YES!!

Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.

2 Peter 1:10

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2003, 11:58:02 PM »

Hi Forrest.

Yes, "For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and they will lead many astray."  Undecided  Matthew 24:5

or

"I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock..."  Acts 20:29

So how do we know?   Probably through our own humility.  Through our own humility, then God can speak loudly enough to show us.  If we aren't humble, we're so busy absorbed in our own thoughts, we can't hear what He is saying, and can't spot the counterfeit brother.    Undecided

Huh
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 11:59:32 PM »

ok, I miss read his post.  No, not everyone who uses the name jesus is a christian. Sorry for the mix up.  Undecided

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 12:10:40 AM »

Yes....    Undecided
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2003, 12:10:42 AM »

Maybe you still get what I mean.
     Are all that are saved ie"born agein" Christian, I know all Christians are saved, but are all saved Christians?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 01:03:54 AM by Forrest » Logged

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2003, 12:45:40 AM »

Are you asking if there are con-men who use the name of Jesus, but are not saved? As in, people who say they are Christians, but really arn't?

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2003, 01:16:55 AM »

This has nothing to do with false teachers or con men. I'm talking about people truly saved, read it agein.

Are all that are saved ie"born agein" Christian, I know all Christians are saved, but are all saved Christians?

I don't know maybe its my dislexeia to me its so easy to understand I mean just what I said.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 01:30:57 AM by Forrest » Logged

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2003, 08:54:04 AM »

Are you asking if you have to be Christian to be saved, or if other beliefs can save you, aswell?

Again, the answer is NO. Jesus saves, and on top of that, many religon groups don't have "Salvation" as we know it.

Reba
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2003, 11:19:28 AM »

'But are all saved Christians?'

When we are born we are  by birth the child of our father. That does not change if one is adopted he still is the biological child of  his birth father.  When one is born again he is the child of GOD. Just like in  'natural' families children are different so are Gods kids. Some of us show a so called "more" spiritual life.  Some think their sins are in secret. So we show different faces to world, HE knows our hearts.  If one is saved (born again) one is Christian even if the word 'Christian' is not is not in his vocabulary. Most often as we mature in Christ we become, what some folks would say more Christian, or more Christlike.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2003, 11:43:05 AM »

All who are "born again" of the spirit of God, are saved, noone can be saved unless they are "born again", it is not sufficient to be born physically, one must be "born again" spiritually.

Some receive another spirit, but can hardly be considered to be "born of God again" (note below; 2 Cor 11:4)

Many come to some knowledge of a little truth, praise God, or receive some religious instruction, answered a call given by a priest or pastor, shook that preists hand, and made some kind of public profession and perhaps did or are doing something they consider to be good works, and yet they have not been born again by the will of God, of incorruptible seed, The Word of God, these are destitute and still remain in their sin of unbelief.

How can one know who they are??

They preach another Jesus, and it is always belief in Jesus plus something else, whether it be doing works, deeds, keeping this law or that one. Let them be accursed, is what the Apostle writes at Galatians 1:8-9.

They even contradict Gods own words, and deny one who is "born again" does not possess presently in this life eternal life, denying the blood that bought them, they deceive themselves.

They teach thier own gospel, because they are not children of God, but of the serpents, this is what Paul says about the matter;

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
  For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.
  But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been thoroughly made manifest among you in all things.
  Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?
  I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.
  And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.
  As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia.
  Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.
  But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light
  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.  (2 Cor 11:3-15)

Blessings,  Petro
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 11:45:19 AM by Petro » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the