Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:38:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Homosexual marriages
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Homosexual marriages are constitutional?
They should be - 2 (5.1%)
YES - 3 (7.7%)
Gays are just like us (normal) - 2 (5.1%)
Maybe - 0 (0%)
Who Cares - 0 (0%)
no - 5 (12.8%)
NO WAY! - 19 (48.7%)
Sick - 8 (20.5%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Homosexual marriages  (Read 12355 times)
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2004, 11:45:18 AM »

another canadain.. very cool! Grin
yes there will come a time,, my father is a pastor and he was at one point in time able to marry people.. due to having issus with this sort of thing he let his marrying license go, so he can bury but he cannot by law marry, sad, very sad..,
TL

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2004, 03:20:07 PM »

Hm, thank you tigerlily.  'Sure didn't realize that about our ministers--tho it certainly makes sense.

thank you, corpus.   Whew.  

JudgeNot.  Reba.   Embarrassed   Thank you.

onestarfisher.......hmm.......wow....thank you..

nice post.  On what you're doing.   What do I think?  Hm.  

I started a thread, "Terrible Question", under Current Events, it asks about how to go about, just what you are now doing!!

Giving me some very good ideas; also for mine, "High Noon", under "What Are You Doing" column, here.  

I think those are some very good idea, onestar.  And you are going about it with the right spirit, I think, ever ready with the Gospel message, your tracts.

It sounds like to me you are going about it in the right way, and thought out too.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2004, 06:43:48 PM »

OK, I'm with the majority of you guys in reference to practicing homosexuality being an abomination to Our Lord.  But here's a question:

What about the animals observed that are homosexual or bisexual?  There's supposedly a small percentage of animals that are.  I used my search window months ago and just typed in animal homosexuality and, to my amazement, I couldn't read it all.

What y'all think about this?

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2004, 07:09:39 PM »

OK, I'm with the majority of you guys in reference to practicing homosexuality being an abomination to Our Lord.  But here's a question:

What about the animals observed that are homosexual or bisexual?  There's supposedly a small percentage of animals that are.  I used my search window months ago and just typed in animal homosexuality and, to my amazement, I couldn't read it all.

Homosexuality is a choice with humans. It does not matter whether it is biological, infused from environmental upbringing, or learned behavior.
Humans can choose to come out of it and retrain their behaviour. It should be easier to do if a Godly life is chosen.

Animals do not have choices as humans do if their homosexuality or bi-sexuality is biological instinct.
However God gave man the ability to choose and make judgements and not live by instinct alone. Man can choose the wrong path or the right path. It is God that sets the standard for man of what is the wrong path and what is the right path.

Pray for all sinners that God through His Holy Spirit will reveal the right path to be chosen. That of Jesus the Christ of God.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 07:45:27 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2004, 09:04:56 PM »

What about the animals observed that are homosexual or bisexual?

Fact, not opinion:

“Homosexual” animals actually act to strengthen the herd.  Let’s take caribou as an example.  Caribou that show tendencies opposite to those which strengthen the herd through positively enhancing herd population, are “shunned” – forced to the outside of the main group, where they become easy prey for polar and grizzly bears; thus improving the overall gene pool by sparing a more prominent animal from the very jaws of death, enabling them to reproduce.  

(FYI – this natural action by the Caribou is not exclusive toward those who show “homosexual” tendencies – but to any of the herd which is perceived to be “weak”.)

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

BUSHWHACKED!!

Ha-ha!  Grin  Grin

readyforrapture; I might add - whether Bush or Gore won an election is one matter that is widely disputable.  Whether homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord, is totally different, and IS worthy of discussion on this forum.  (In my humble but STRONG opinion.)   Grin

The Bible addresses homosexuality.  The Bible does not address one's opinions of elections.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2004, 10:24:49 PM »

And by the by, Mr. Ready:
Jesus and God are ALWAYS capitalized (as you were told by Mr. BEP when you were using your earlier, offensive, username).  Please do not demean our Lord by using lowercase letters when referring to Him.

Thanks!  Smiley

JPD
Reba
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2004, 10:27:22 PM »

Raptureready,

A question for you.  You seem to have  knowledge of stripture so tell me in the words of Jesus all He says about rapture.
Bean counter

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2004, 11:31:50 PM »

Hello all
this is my first day here and I would like to put in my thoughts on this subject, but first to the guy who thinks the old testament is done and over  what about Jesus saying I did not come to destroy the law but to fufill it.  I tell you the truth not one word will be taken out.  Sorry quoting from memory at the moment so its not perfect but close enough.

anyways the problem with Gay marriage is not just that we Christians dont like it or even simply that it is a sin.  We all need to remember that we are all sinners and have fallen short of the glory of GOd.    
The following in a summary of why we as Christians and as a country must not allow this.
First with respect to Civil rights
1. In the united states the civil rights which we all enjoy are rooted in "the laws of Nature and of Natures God"(see constitution)  in the unalienable rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
2. The unique source for unalienable rights is the Creator, the God of the Bible.
3. The Creator defines true marriage as one man and one woman in mutual fidelity.  The health of society and well being of children are rooted in this foundation.  Thus the Source for unalienable rights also gives us the true definition of marriage.
4. In human history, no society rootied in the approval of homosexuality has ever produced unalienable rights for the larger social order.

Same sex marriage has been put fourth most often as a civil right.  But such a "right" cannot be rooted in the unalienable rights given by the creator, and as well same sex marriage is historically unprecedented.  Also same sex marriage redifines marriage downward and indeed it aims for a definition closer to open marriage where mutual fidelity is not expected.  This in the view of such an extream idea, its advocates need to answer these questions
1. are civil rights being redifined
2. if so why
3.if so what is the new basis for these rights
4. what are the consequences
If these questions can not be answered with clarity and historical precedence a legitamate argument for same sex marriage has not been made

In summary God gives us inallienable rights  if anyone were to give them they could be taken away but God gives them to us so they are inalienable       Civil rights are always rooted in inalienable rights.    Same sex marriage goes against God therefore they can not become a right without erasing our basis for inalienable rights.     There is no other way to have inalienable rights if not given by an almighty God.

We as Christians MUST come along side of gays and love them.  Not be nasty to them.  They are dealing with a powerful sin in their lives and understandable are suffering a lot.  A statistic you may find interesting is that over 90% of all women who call themselves lesbian were abused (usually sexually)by a father or significant male role model in their younger years.  Their homosexuality was just a bad way of dealing with a terrible wrong that was done to them.  Gay men have simular stats.    We would all do ourselves good to become more educated on these issues.  Knowing your against it isnt good enough.  We must be able to give reasons and that means more than just God said so.  

A long post for my first one but this is an issue I am very concerned with.
Thanks
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2004, 11:45:44 PM »

TRICK QUESTION!

Paul REVEALED the RAPTURE! PAUL reveals the "mysteries"!

Don't resort to trick questions, what does that accomplish? Nothing! Look at all the things Paul revealed to use that Jesus did not, in his own words. Jesus used Paul. Listen to Paul!!

Paul2 Roll Eyes

onestarfisher

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2004, 01:16:05 AM »

You're totally WRONG and here's why:

Matthew 5 (this is JESUS speaking, BTW)
20   For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Paul goes on to elaborae in ICo 6:9-11   " Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10   Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11   And such were some of you: but ye are washed, (aka made "righteous" duh) but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

ICo 15:50 expounds a little further....
50   Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption (aka unrigtheousness) inherit incorruption.

Rev 21:27   And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

And finally, Lev 18:22 again defines what actually constitutes abomination - one abomination, there are several in the bible.
22   Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.24   Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:

Now, you can twist and pervert that all around all you want to, but save it for someone who really gives a rip, because the only one buying it is YOU, and that to your own eternal destruction. Why wouldn't you want heaven? You'd rather try to cling to self deception than inherit eternal life. Amazing.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 10:55:16 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
onestarfisher

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2004, 01:23:38 AM »

SIMPLE. We live in a fallen world full of corruption that extends even to the animal kingdom. Before the fall of Adam (and mankind with him), there was no death, no killing, animals were not afraid of man, and they didn't eat or attack each other. So why WOULDN'T perversion (aka homosexuality) enter into the animal kingdom as well? Why would they escape it?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2004, 02:58:23 AM »

welcome, onestar.  'appreciate your posts...
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2004, 10:51:37 AM »

I was just noting this earlier:

onestarfisher

Re:Homosexual marriages
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2004, 11:13:33 PM »    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanted your opinion on something (the Christians only, please!) I posted the following message the other day under Debate, but I think I should have put it here. I want to know what you think? (about what I did below) Is it right? Is it wrong? We're supposed to declare the truth, but how do you do that without "condemning?" And what is the difference between preacing righteousness, as they say Noah did, and exhorting against the evils of the day - and condemnation? I posted the suggestion below in another discussion board, and the homosexuals who wanted to cling to their sin jumped all over me....they clearly want to justify homosexuality, and they kept the few Christians in there busy.....what do you think?

"This is my first post. I have a suggestion. Especially now that the issue has really heated up in Massachusetts. I live in Arizona and this is what I have been doing the last few days….I took a white or light colored T shirt, old or new doesn’t matter, and some permanent makers. You can even buy markers for fabric at Walmart but any permanent will do. Put wax paper inside the shirt while you write.

On the front of the shirt, I printed in giant letters HOMOSEXUALITY  IS  A  SIN  Underneath that I put, Choose Life, Repent, Change and God Loves You in various places.
On the back of the shirt I wrote GAY ‘MARRIAGE’ WILL NEVER BE LEGAL IN GOD’S EYES  -  NEVER  EVER        WAKE  UP
I varied the sizes of the lettering for effect and  colored in some of the letters in the colors of the rainbow and drew a couple of those on there as well.

Then I wore my shirt to some busy places. and into busy stores (without a coat over it!) From people’s response so far, I would say it is a success. Jaws drop. Or people whisper – or ignore. I mean, isn’t it time we spoke up? I’m ready to discuss it with them, though, because I’m no better than they are. We are all sinners who need a savior.

I want to encourage you to go BE  SALT and light in the world. Don’t stay silent. Tell other people, especially people in Massachusetts. Post your successes stories…..

I want to encourage others to try this. There's really nothing store owners or anyone can do because it isn't a placard - it's a t shirt.
And, your topic could be anything, not necessarily this one."

I'm still rethinking it. I thought I would get into more conversations with people, but most people were shocked speechless and most averted their eyes. I saw mouths drop to knees. I don't know that I looked loving, although I was trying to. I have to admit, marching into the Starbucks in the heart of a town run by a gay mayor during the morning rush and only a couple of blocks from City Hall was exhilarating.

Also walked down the street facing traffic, because you can read the printing at least 20 to 40 feet away. After that, it was to the public library. Walked right past 2 cops inside, who never would have let me in with a sign that size. Then off to a busy restaurant where you have to walk around to get to the buffet. The a store with several homosexual employees - they were taking turns walking by to look at the front and back of the shirt. One of the guys asked me about it and I did get a chance to witness a little to him and give him a tract.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 11:25:52 PM by onestarfisher »

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2004, 04:22:10 PM »

Hmmm, just noticing, onestar's post #75 was edited by bep, it says there.

Was just wondering, what did onestar say?  Just wondering...

Huh
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the