Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:01:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Galatians Bible Study
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Galatians Bible Study  (Read 54506 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2003, 01:36:17 AM »

Paul seems to have every reason to Boast about his human effort in bringing himself closer to God, however he considers all that to be DUNG.   Verse 9 shows not by righteousness of his own by following traditions for the LAW, but through - the righteousness that comes from faith!  Praise God!

I feel like preaching!...lol

Grace and Peace!

Oklahoma Howdy to 2nd Timothy,

Cheesy  AMEN! Preach it Brother!  

Saul of Tarsus the Pharisee

to

The Apostle Paul - Minister of the Gospel of God's Grace

WOW! - What a dramatic comparison between Law and Grace!

LAW = my works, self, self-righteousness, I I I I to infinity, dependent on my sacrifice, my vanity and glory, my boasting

GRACE = Christ's works, Christ, Christ's righteousness, Christ Christ Christ Christ to infinity, dependent on the sacrifice of Christ, God's GLORY, the LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS

In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2003, 02:08:38 AM »

Are you saying that Paul did something else with this 3 years other than being strengthened in Christ? If so, I don't think you will find a record of it. I rechecked a large number of references and all conclude what has been posted. If you have other information or ideas, please post them.

In Christ,
Tom

Tom,
 Sheesh i am not that deep. My post is just a simple confession of not  really seeing what i have read and relying on the words of others. As i stated it doesnt matter to me where Paul was  What is importiant is what  he was doing with the 3 years. My guess is he was being schooled, by the Holy Spirit, You used the words "strengthened in Christ"    He had major unlearning to do.  

I have just accepted the story he was in the desert and read the scripture quickly not untell today did i see the difference. I am thankfull for this computer the forums etc.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2003, 05:25:29 AM »

My question was not on grace versus the law or if saved by grace or works of the law, but whether Paul was saying the Galatians still preached Christ though with the perverted teaching of adhering to the law?
 Paul refers to it as another gospel and then seems to change the thought by saying it isn't another gospel but a perverted gospel still containing Christ, however.

Is this Paul's thoughts here?

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2003, 06:10:06 AM »

Tom,
 Sheesh i am not that deep. My post is just a simple confession of not  really seeing what i have read and relying on the words of others. As i stated it doesnt matter to me where Paul was  What is importiant is what  he was doing with the 3 years. My guess is he was being schooled, by the Holy Spirit, You used the words "strengthened in Christ"    He had major unlearning to do.  

I have just accepted the story he was in the desert and read the scripture quickly not untell today did i see the difference. I am thankfull for this computer the forums etc.

Oklahoma Howdy to Reba,

I'm positive Paul was schooled by the Holy Spirit during this time frame and probably many other time frames, and he was strengthened in Christ each time. Since we have no other record of this 3 years and it was just after his conversion, logic would seem to imply that Paul went back to school but had a Heavenly Teacher this time.

In Christ,
Tom

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2003, 07:22:27 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I must apologize for some posts containing Strong's references. I didn't realize some of the Greek, Hebrew, etc. came out butchered and contained "?" for characters missing in the fonts. I don't know if I have a solution for this. My Bible study material shows all of the characters perfectly, but some of them are obviously lost and replaced with "?s" in the preparation of the post. So, please excuse this. I doubt I will spend the time in searching for fonts to fix this problem, at least not now.

In Christ,
Tom
I'm sure you know this, and it may not even be your difficulty, but I'll suggest something anyway: When I type up a post outside of CU, in Microsoft Works etc., and then cut and paste it to the forum, some of the characters (especially apostrophes) aren't recognized by the forum and are posted as code instead.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2003, 07:42:17 AM »

Galatians 1:6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
 7.  Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

"so soon removed..........unto another gospel"

"which is not another;"

What is Paul saying here? That it is not another Gospel, but a perverted one? That they are preaching Christ but perverting it by wanting to adhere to the law along with the gospel?

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Ollie,

Gospel of Christ
unto another Gospel
which is not another

Paul is addressing corrupt teaching that is not a part of the Gospel of Christ. The Galatians were drawn into what men called the Gospel, but it was not, as lies can't be the Gospel.

To boil this down to the most simple terms, it must be true to be called the "Gospel". Since the perverting and corrupting teaching was not true, it was not a Gospel, another Gospel, and certainly not the Gospel of Christ.

I hope this explains it.

In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2003, 08:08:01 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I must apologize for some posts containing Strong's references. I didn't realize some of the Greek, Hebrew, etc. came out butchered and contained "?" for characters missing in the fonts. I don't know if I have a solution for this. My Bible study material shows all of the characters perfectly, but some of them are obviously lost and replaced with "?s" in the preparation of the post. So, please excuse this. I doubt I will spend the time in searching for fonts to fix this problem, at least not now.

In Christ,
Tom
I'm sure you know this, and it may not even be your difficulty, but I'll suggest something anyway: When I type up a post outside of CU, in Microsoft Works etc., and then cut and paste it to the forum, some of the characters (especially apostrophes) aren't recognized by the forum and are posted as code instead.

Oklahoma Howdy to Sister Willowbirch,

THANKS! No, I did not know this. I did know that Microsoft word processors insert all kinds of weird control characters, so I don't use them.

I use a very small text editor included in my Bible study software. It's nothing fancy at all, but it's odd that all of the Greek, Hebrew, etc. characters show up perfectly in it but not in my much bigger and better text editor I use before posting. I'm guessing the language fonts are hard coded into the Bible study software and not in my operating system fonts that the better text editor uses.

Regardless, you are saying the forum software might not recognize the characters anyway, even if I had the right fonts. I've decided not to worry about this anyway. I only use language studies on the most difficult portions of Scripture. I try not to make a consistent use of Greek, Hebrew, Latin, etc, as it gives me a headache.   Cheesy

Thanks!

In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2003, 10:03:03 AM »

John,

Some times if wonder if anyone really reads the posts. I  guess often the once the author is known the post is glanced over and the readers idea of  what is said takes over.

These last posts of mine about noticing  the scriptures do not say Paul was in arabia for  3 years, something i had assumed, gave the impression that maybe i didnt think he was learning or being taught etc.

Saying that to get to this sometimes your post  seem to come from left field and i can't make heads or tails of them. Is this  a problem of not being there/here in person? Guess that is why writers make big bucks. I dont understand why i am not understood and yet i dont understand your posts. Sorta a catch 22.

I agree He is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. Salvation belongs to the LORD. There is one  true gospel that is the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Tis the gospel that comes through the OT, Christ , the disciples, the church fathers, even to and through us.

Rom 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
KJV

Note:  I see plainly in scripture and the world that many do preach another gospel. False teaching does not change the fact that there is one true gospel.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2003, 02:38:42 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I'm taking a small break for Thanksgiving. I will be on a small farm near Blair Oklahoma, at the foot of the Wichita Mountains. It won't be the whole family, but it will be a big gathering including my grandchildren.

God has richly blessed my family and I, so we have much to give thanks for.

I wish you joy and peace with your families and God.

Love In Christ,
Tom

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2003, 05:20:24 PM »

Galatians 1:6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
 7.  Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

"so soon removed..........unto another gospel"

"which is not another;"

What is Paul saying here? That it is not another Gospel, but a perverted one? That they are preaching Christ but perverting it by wanting to adhere to the law along with the gospel?

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Ollie,

Gospel of Christ
unto another Gospel
which is not another

Paul is addressing corrupt teaching that is not a part of the Gospel of Christ. The Galatians were drawn into what men called the Gospel, but it was not, as lies can't be the Gospel.

To boil this down to the most simple terms, it must be true to be called the "Gospel". Since the perverting and corrupting teaching was not true, it was not a Gospel, another Gospel, and certainly not the Gospel of Christ.

I hope this explains it.

In Christ,
Tom
Thanks, Tom

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2003, 05:40:27 PM »

John, sometimes I think people treat you unfairly and make judgements against you that may not be true because of your very hard to understand style of writing. I agree with Reba. Some of your posts when properly discerned are in agreement with scripture.

However this thing going on between you and BEP should not be going on and especially in the study on Galatians. You should not bring it to this study.

Give us some thoughts on the Galatian verses currently presented. Amplify and carry out the study.

I say this in Christ's love, John,
Ollie

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2003, 06:07:41 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I'm taking a small break for Thanksgiving. I will be on a small farm near Blair Oklahoma, at the foot of the Wichita Mountains. It won't be the whole family, but it will be a big gathering including my grandchildren.

Love In Christ,
Tom
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Tom! We promise not to get TOO out of hand before you get back.  Wink

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2003, 06:09:36 PM »

John, sometimes I think people treat you unfairly and make judgements against you that may not be true because of your very hard to understand style of writing. I agree with Reba. Some of your posts when properly discerned are in agreement with scripture.

However this thing going on between you and BEP should not be going on and especially in the study on Galatians. You should not bring it to this study.

Give us some thoughts on the Galatian verses currently presented. Amplify and carry out the study.

I say this in Christ's love, John,
Ollie
Thank you, Ollie.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2003, 07:42:39 PM »

This was Posted By Brother Love on another thread. I say Amen

NO OTHER GOSPEL

Scripture Reading:  Galatians 1:6-9

"Now  I beseech  you, brethren,  mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them...Now to Him that is of power to establish you ACCORDING TO MY GOSPEL and the preaching of Jesus Christ, ACCORDING TO THE REVELATION OF THE MYSTERY, which was kept secret since the world began" (Romans 16:17,25).  "For there are many un-ruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision whose mouths must be stopped,  who subvert  whole  houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake" (Titus 1:10, 11).

Paul continually warned against the teaching of human wisdom and false doctrine.  He constantly reiterated the purity and verity of his own instruction as empowered by the Holy Spirit of God and the authority of his apostleship.  "Now ye have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual" (1 Corinthians 2:12, 13).

Even young Timothy was cautioned by the apostle to beware of spoilers of the truth.  "O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: which some professing have erred concerning the faith" (1 Timothy 6:20, 21).  "Evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse,
deceiving and being deceived.  But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them" (2 Timothy 3:13, 14).

Particularly emphatic were Paul's admonitions to the church at Galatia."There be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed!"

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2003, 07:58:53 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Love In Christ,
Tom

Have a GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT Holiday Brother Tom Grin

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the