Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:50:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Galatians Bible Study
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Galatians Bible Study  (Read 54507 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2003, 06:10:49 AM »

I really liked this Two Minutes With The Bible By Pastor Stam, for today December 1, 2003

Dec 1

BELIEVERS JUSTIFIED

Our Lords appearance to Saul of Tarsus (later called
Paul) on the road to Damascus, changed the pitiless per-
secutor in a moment into the docile, yes the devoted fol-
lower of the Christ he had so bitterly hated.

This transformation took place not only because he had
now seen the risen, ascended Christ; it was caused also by
what he had learned from Christ. From heaven the Lord
had revealed to Paul the glory of His finished work of re-
demption and had sent him forth to proclaim "the gospel of
the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).

This is seen in the closing words of the Apostles first
recorded sermon, delivered at the synagogue at Antioch in
Pisidia. After mentioning the death and resurrection of
Christ, the Apostle said:

"Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this Man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses" (Acts 13:38,39).

Paul never changed this message, but kept emphasizing
it wherever he went as well as in his writings. He saw in
this truth the answer to man’s condemnation for breaking Gods holy law. Thus he wrote to the Romans:

"...by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested" (Rom. 3:20,21).

"[We] declare, I say, at this time, [Christs] righteousness; that [God] might be just and the Justifier of him which believeth in Jesus" (Rom. 3:26).

Mark well: He does not say, "believeth and is baptized."
This was the message committed to the twelve (Mark 16:
16; Acts 2:38). With the ushering in of the dispensation of
grace God was manifested as "the Justifier of him which
believeth in Jesus."

Written by Pastor Stam

Subscribe at:
http://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/twominut.html
Two Minutes With The Bible By Pastor Stam

Mailing Address:
Berean Bible Society
N112 W17761 Mequon Road
P.O. Box 756
Germantown, WI 53022

Web Site:
http://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/
Gospel Books, Materials, & Free Mailings

Email:
berean@execpc.com

Telephone:  262-255-4750

Posted By Brother Love

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2003, 09:44:30 AM »

Amen Brother Love!

I have heard Grace desribed once like this....

If you're out on the street, and a homeless person approaches you and asks for a dollar, giving it to him seeing his hopelessness is showing mercy.

However...

If you're out on the street, and well dressed man walks up to you, knocks you down, and demands you give him 50 dollars....and you give it to him....this is grace!

To say it in easier form....Grace is something even in our undeserving state, that is given freely from God.  Thinking about Saul/Paul, and how he persecuted the Lords Church.   God showed him Grace.   Almost as if to say, the less we deserve it, the more God gives it.  And oh how he uses it for his purpose.  Pauls work is testimony to this.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2003, 09:51:57 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I have a raging case of the flu. I'll join back in when I'm able.

If someone wishes to continue with the next verses, please feel free to and go ahead. I love Galatians, I'm just too sick to think right now.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Sorry to hear about your flu Tom.  We'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2003, 05:51:59 PM »

John,
Yes, one must be born again, not of the flesh, but the spirit of God. I agree with that part of your post. Now let us discuss Galatians.

John 3:1.  There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
 2.  The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
 3. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
 4.  Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
 5.  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
 6.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit

7.  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

How does one come into Christ? Through baptism.

Romans 6:3.  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
 4.  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Love in Christ,
Ollie

Ollie your post like JTB has nothing to do with the study of Galatians, dont get get caught up with (his way). And your teaching:

How does one come into Christ? Through baptism.

Romans 6:3.  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
 4.  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Is wrong, all cults teach that this baptism is water, NO water in Romans 6:3, this is the ONE Baptism Ephesians 4:5 by the Holy Spirit 1 Corinthians 12:13.

Galatians 4:16

This post was not meant to be a continuation on the study of Galatians, but a brief off the subject to help John know that some of the things he says are true, but that he should move on and get back to Galatians.

"John,
Yes, one must be born again, not of the flesh, but the spirit of God. I agree with that part of your post. Now let us discuss Galatians."

Nothing was said of water baptism. Romans 6 is not wrong. It is the word of God coming to us through the inspiration of Paul.
But then all this is also off the topic "Galatians".

« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 05:54:44 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2003, 07:09:04 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

When we started the Galatians Bible study, I thought we were capable of an in-depth Bible study. I am now thinking there is a greater interest in argument than in Bible study.

I'll have to pray about this and see if I feel led to continue.

Thanks for your prayers about my health. I am getting better.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2003, 12:37:10 AM »

Brother Tom,

I hope you're feeling better!  The flu's are nasty this year.  I also hope that we all are capable of learning together in this study.  I'd hate to see it fail because we cannot at least agree to disagree.

God bless!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2003, 02:52:36 AM »

Perhaps some more stricter guidlines should be set when we do a bible study.  I was really hoping this would work out as I'm not much interested in coming back to argue the same things with the same people over and over again.

In my experience JTB just likes to preach his own thing.  A4C likes to jump on it sometimes too.

Anyhow, I thought this would be interesting concerning Paul.  Names always have meanings and often you can see one's name truly showing their character.  According to Hitchcocks bible names (I haven't found any other yet) here are the meanings behind Saul and Paul:
Saul
 demanded; lent; ditch; death

Paul
 small; little

I found that to be interesting.  Hope you all did as well.

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2003, 03:48:14 AM »

BEP;
    I'm glad that you are doing better.
    As for the Bible study, I expected that there would be some
disagreement, but it gone better than I expected as for JTB all he wants is argument, and debate just ignore him and his kind. As for me all I want is enlightenment, and glory for GOD.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2003, 04:11:09 AM »

Perhaps some more stricter guidlines should be set when we do a bible study.  I was really hoping this would work out as I'm not much interested in coming back to argue the same things with the same people over and over again.

In my experience JTB just likes to preach his own thing.  A4C likes to jump on it sometimes too.

Anyhow, I thought this would be interesting concerning Paul.  Names always have meanings and often you can see one's name truly showing their character.  According to Hitchcocks bible names (I haven't found any other yet) here are the meanings behind Saul and Paul:
Saul

Paul
 small; little

"There be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed!"

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Reba
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2003, 10:54:48 AM »

Saul

Paul
 small; little

Nice to 'see' you again Saved!  Smiley
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2003, 01:16:30 PM »

Saul

Paul
 small; little

Nice to 'see' you again Saved!  Smiley
Hi, Saved 4 Ever,
Likewise, welcome back. I missed your signature. Good reading you again.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2003, 01:35:09 PM »

Not sure where we left off in the study, but it seemed maybe a discussion about Paul and his stay in Arabia. Therefore I will comment here. Hope it is ok to do so?

Galatians 1:22.  And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
 23.  But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.
 24.  And they glorified God in me.

The churches of Judea glorified God in Paul even though he was unknown to them by sight and they had only known of him from hearing  of his conversion from persecuting the church to preaching the faith.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how the churches of Judea might have glorified God in Paul? They were going on hearsay but yet their faith seems so strong about him and what he preached and of course it was not hearsay as we know, but true.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 01:37:29 PM by ollie » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2003, 02:01:24 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

After considerable thought and prayer, I do not feel led to continue. We got through Verse 10, and anyone who wishes to continue, please do.

I would simply pray that whatever is done will be for the Glory of God and not for the vanity of man in petty arguments.

Love In Christ To All,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2003, 02:06:32 AM »

All right people.  Let's clean this up and have a God honoring study.  If we agree, then praise God.  If we do not, then let us be concerned enough with the testimony of Christ we are posing to those who read but do not post, that we can at least disagree in love.  We love God, because He loves us.  Let's allow that love to show in our dealings with each other.  Study.  Leave pride at the door, and if we see something that is truth, bend our beliefs to fit God's word, not that word to fit our beliefs.  Build one another with that truth.  Can we do this brothers and sisters?  Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Reba
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2003, 09:11:21 AM »

All right people.  Let's clean this up and have a God honoring study.  If we agree, then praise God.  If we do not, then let us be concerned enough with the testimony of Christ we are posing to those who read but do not post, that we can at least disagree in love.  We love God, because He loves us.  Let's allow that love to show in our dealings with each other.  Study.  Leave pride at the door, and if we see something that is truth, bend our beliefs to fit God's word, not that word to fit our beliefs.  Build one another with that truth.  Can we do this brothers and sisters?  Smiley
OK lead.   Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the