Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:35:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286795 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Dear Peachykeen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dear Peachykeen  (Read 3643 times)
a.b.

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2003, 07:51:02 PM »

Hi there, I hope you are having a happy day.

I read your post about Mr Right and was fascinated that a young woman would be so wise in her desire to please God in her relationship with the opposite sex.  Keep it up; God is really proud of you!!!

I believe that there is some written guidlines for every phase of our lives, in the Bible and otherwise.  One book I'd recommend is called "I kissed dating good-bye".  It's about a guy who believed that he should not spend all his time looking for Miss Right.  He dedicated his single life as a gift to God and
put all his energy into serving the Lord.  As time went by he met many women along the way but when he considered them
he would ask himself is this someone I'd like to be married to and will I be able to glorify God along with this person or will this person cause me to lose my close relationship with God.
He wrote a follow-up book; I think it's called "When boy meets
girl" or something like that.  This book tells of his meeting the lady he is now married to.  So, he didn't have to spend alot of
time taking girls out and switching girlfriends every few months.

Again, my hat is off to you.  Thank you for being a shining example to people of any age or gender.

A.B.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 02:06:22 PM »

Thank you, A.B.!

And thank you too, Peachy!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 09:25:30 PM »

Aww thank you a.b.!  I often get criticized for my personal limits and intrests with boys, 1-because they are self-enforced limits, and 2-because teens are supposed to be dating a million people in high school, right?  I say wrong.  I'll wait for the right time and the right guy, but meanwhile I'm not going to waste my time God has devoted to strengthening me as a christian.  It makes me so happy to know that someone approves of my thoughts lol.  I know God wants to be a part of my life, so in the mean time I'm not going to get consumed with boys.  Well, not TOO consumed.  Those books sound interesting, I'll definatly check them out.  Isn't there one on unconditional love and how you know when the right man is the right man?  I'll get back to you on that one.  Thanks again!

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
a.b.

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 09:00:46 AM »

Go to a Bible bookstore.  I'm sure you will find a wealth of information on this subject.  Is your mom saved?  Maybe you can talk to her.  Talk to your youth minister, or the pastor of your church.  Do some research and get some feedback but don't spend too much time thinking about it or it will become an idol.  

peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 02:54:34 AM »

some great advice, thanks again a.b.! Cheesy

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
KiwiChristian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 05:28:12 PM »

You know Peachykeen, I really admire you.  You seem like someone who wants to stay pure until they are married.  Good on you I say!!! I wasn't a Christian when I was a teenager so I didn't know about how God wants us to save ourselves for our spouses but I wish that I had saved myself though for my husband.  With so much peer pressure and sex out there in the world, I think you are doing the right thing and once again, I really admire you.  keep it up!!!

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2003, 09:02:14 AM »

You know Peachykeen, I really admire you.  You seem like someone who wants to stay pure until they are married.  Good on you I say!!! I wasn't a Christian when I was a teenager so I didn't know about how God wants us to save ourselves for our spouses but I wish that I had saved myself though for my husband.  With so much peer pressure and sex out there in the world, I think you are doing the right thing and once again, I really admire you.  keep it up!!!
Amen! Thanks for saying it, Kiwi! Peachy, you've got a lot of determination and a love for the Lord! Don't ever give up!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2003, 10:08:54 AM »

PeachyKeen;

As an adult male I have to agree with Willow, A.B.,and Kiwi.  I am glad to call you Sister. Always follow Christ.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the