Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:27:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Gay Bishop
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gay Bishop  (Read 1738 times)
nlong

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2003, 08:31:21 AM »

This topic is in reference to the current news of the Episcopal Church consecrating Gene Robinson as a publicly declared "Gay Bishop."

I would imagine that many other Christians, as well as me, are sickened by this news. Could blasphemy of God's Name come in any worse of a form? How can the Gay Bishop and the Episcopal Church ignore the Word of God? Surely, He will judge them Righteously. Now is the time for the Episcopal Church and Gene Robinson to repent and turn away from their sins.

Those who are publicly displayed as leaders of Biblical Doctrine should be well aware of the passages of God's Word which dishonor homosexual behavior:

Leviticus 20:13 states: "If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they should surely be put to death....".

Romans

Paul writes here about the continued rejection of God’s will: “For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.” (Romans 1:26-28) Here we see what happens when a people rejects the law of God and the Word of God. They are left to their own devices, and without delay they turn to sinful practices. We are sinners by nature, born unto sin. The devil tempts us every moment, and some of us fall prey to temptations such as homosexuality. The key is not to give into them, but to ask for God’s help in overcoming such sins.

Corinthians

The apostle Paul is very direct in this book. He writes: “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?” (1 Corinthians 6:9) And then he clarifies just what an unrighteous person is: “Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10)

Timothy

Here we all are given hope. We are all sinners, and that is why we have been given the law of God. What we choose to do with it is what will save or damn us. Paul writes: “But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine.” (1 Timothy 1:8-10)

Jude

In his one chapter epistle, Jude writes to a church where certain members have crept in a corrupted it. The verses that mention homosexuality read as follows: “Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over toe fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.” (Jude 7, Cool

Conclusion

Although the Bible is fairly brief on the subject, what it says is very clear. The law is laid down in the Old Testament, and is renewed in the New Testament. There is no doubt in the Word of God about the fate of such that would practice homosexuality.

But there is hope, and the apostle Paul writes about this in the same chapter, in verse 11: “And such were some of you [homosexuals, etc.]: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.” (1 Corinthians 6:11)

In other words, there is no such thing as being stuck in the practice for a lifetime because “one can’t help it”, or “it’s genetic”. The Corinthians obviously stopped such practices, or Paul wouldn’t have said that they were “washed… sanctified and justified”. A homosexual cannot be justified in the eyes of the Lord. What happened to Sodom and Gomorrah clearly shows it. Jewish law wouldn’t have dictated the killing of homosexuals if it were okay for such a practice to exist among God’s people. I hear of these churches today that agree with homosexual practices. Some even find reasons in the Bible for this practice. Let me make it clear by the Word of God Himself that anyone who would fool themselves and others through such false hopes is quickly paving a path to perdition for all involved.

It therefore stands to concrete reason that if a homosexual would want to be sanctified and justified and thus saved, he or she must abandon such perverse practices and become a true Christian who abides by all of God’s commandments.The hope is there, it can be done. But like all other things in life, it can only be done through God.

(above references quoted from http://www.exprimare.com/dignoscentia/articles/read.asp?ArticleID=23)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 08:52:56 AM »

Yeah, what a shame. Not only is it giving Christians worldwide a bad name, but it is also giving America a bad name, as a Christian country! And Anglican's are going to get out without a little scarring as well. Sad

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
nlong

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 11:36:16 AM »

I'd really love a gay bishop or priest or pastor or anyone who claims to be gay and a Christian to explain their actions.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 02:42:12 PM »

1 Timothy 3:1.  This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2.  A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3.  Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4.  One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5.  (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6.  Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7.  Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Titus 1:5.  For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:
6.  If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
7.  For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
8.  But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
9.  Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 02:44:04 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 03:40:38 PM »

I'd really love a gay bishop or priest or pastor or anyone who claims to be gay and a Christian to explain their actions.
I'm not gay but, in any case, forum rules don't allow that.  If you want to hear both sides of the debate you'll need to look elsewhere.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2003, 04:29:40 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to nlong,

We've already been there and done that - it was simply a message from the devil. There is no explanation, but one could go to a gay board to see the sad attempts.

In Christ,
Tom

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 05:06:09 PM »

I’m sure they just would twist that verse about “Greek or Jew, slave or free, etc” to excuse there actions. Or better yet, they would pull the classic move made famous by Christians (and you know this is true, because everyone has said this in some way, shape or form) who don’t want to face the truth “You are just close-minded and/or judgmental.” Look at the women who are trying to become Episcopal priests, they will use a similar excuse to whatever the homosexuals say. Women "Priest" and gay "Priests" are known to travel together. Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 06:22:52 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy To Tibby,

We live in interesting but dismal times. It appears to be either the end times or a preview of the end times. The standards for morals, values, and ethics are almost non-existent.

It appears to be more important to be politically correct than it is to stand up for what is right. Recent events are more than just shocking, and they are getting worse and worse.

In Christ,
Tom

KiwiChristian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 09:34:53 PM »

Yeah, I hate to say it but I think this is a matter which needs a heck of a lot of prayer from all of us.  It just seems to me to be a terribly hypocritical thing to appoint a gay bishop when the bible clearly says otherwise.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2003, 11:11:43 PM »

Amen

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2003, 04:55:13 AM »

I'd really love a gay bishop or priest or pastor or anyone who claims to be gay and a Christian to explain their actions

They really believe God is doing this--this is the hand of God.  It says(in Thess ), that God will send them strong delusion, that they may believe a lie.

They believe wholeheartedly that all of this is of God.

To further justify it, they're arguing that Jesus was gay.

I can't think of anything more that can be done--short of sheer force--in the realm of "persuasion"--that is, using reasoning, to win people over, than this.

I'm thinking this is one possible interpretation of, the "abomination of desolation".  And, "...on the wings of abomination...", "standing in the Holy Place..."

And here we have it, in all it's "glory".  And they don't even "see".

I remember a WWII serviceman, mentioned in William Manchester's "American Caesar"(a biography of General MacArthur), was caught with another serviceman.  Life imprisonment--Fort Leavenworth, KS.

And my parents, recall a professor, at a University, caught, ridden out of town on a rail...

In just fifty years, how we have changed.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2003, 05:49:11 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy To Tibby,

We live in interesting but dismal times. It appears to be either the end times or a preview of the end times. The standards for morals, values, and ethics are almost non-existent.

It appears to be more important to be politically correct than it is to stand up for what is right. Recent events are more than just shocking, and they are getting worse and worse.

In Christ,
Tom

I believe it is just a preview of the last days.

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2003, 06:35:13 AM »

I believe it is just a preview of the last days.

Brother Love Smiley

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Love,

I've never been one of those folks who try to set dates. I would simply say that my entire family is ready for Jesus to come. This old world is pretty rough, ugly, and evil. I really feel sorry for those folks who live even during these times without Jesus. It's hard to imagine how miserable that would be. The world's bad news can't compare to God's Good News! The sooner we feel that Jesus may come, the harder we should try to share the Gospel of God's Grace.

Be it today, next year, 20 years, or 100 years from now, the Gospel of God's Grace is just as powerful as it was 2,000 years ago.

Thanks be unto God for HIS unspeakable GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2003, 12:51:10 PM »

I'd really love a gay bishop or priest or pastor or anyone who claims to be gay and a Christian to explain their actions

They really believe God is doing this--this is the hand of God.  It says(in Thess ), that God will send them strong delusion, that they may believe a lie.

They believe wholeheartedly that all of this is of God.

To further justify it, they're arguing that Jesus was gay.

I'm thinking this is one possible interpretation of, the "abomination of desolation".  And, "...on the wings of abomination...", "standing in the Holy Place..."

And here we have it, in all it's "glory".  And they don't even "see".

Amen, they are blind and deaf, yet they say we hear and can see.

What amazes me is, the excuses people come up with that causes them to remain in this church, while claiming to be christian.

A Reprobate mind is what is in view here;

Rom1
22  Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23  And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24  Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
28  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31  Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32  Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Note at the verse 28, it does not speak of their minds, but their knowledge.

Being a Bishop, or whatever is just a job for these that earns a living, imagine that, while claiming to be working for god, preaching..............HuhHuhHuhHuh?, who knows what;

The love of their god?, Repentance from doing what is right??

I hate to say it, but the ritirement benefits, are nothing to look for.

Clearly, these do not know nor understand Gods Word.

Petro

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2003, 04:32:38 PM »

ECUSA's Pro-Homosexual Stance Continues to Unravel Denominational Ties

By Bill Fancher and Jenni Parker
December 8, 2003

(AgapePress) - A report indicates that some Episcopal Church leaders who have advocated tolerance in the homosexual controversy are not so tolerant when it comes to those with an opposing view.

http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/12/afa/82003d.asp

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the