Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How did you get your screen name?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did you get your screen name?  (Read 5020 times)
kestrel

Remember them that are in bonds... Heb. 13:3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2003, 02:13:32 PM »

Did you get any wabbits?

Return to the LORD your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love.

~Joel 2:13 NIV
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2003, 03:11:08 PM »

I got some, dey're in my fweezer!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2003, 05:36:22 PM »

Grin  They twicked me, those wascally wabbits!   Grin

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2003, 12:08:07 AM »

Twix are for kidz.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2003, 01:52:32 AM »

We seem to have gotten of the topic...so let me, as the mature, reliable adult that I am, return us thereto...

I picked my screen name because that is my desire.  Paul's "one thing" that he pursued was to know Jesus personally and experiencially, to see the power that resurrected Christ at work in his life and the lives of others, and to share in the sufferings that make that power, and that God so much more real.  I strive for this as well.  I want Him to be my All in All.   Smiley

*Runs off with all of the wabbits*

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2003, 02:13:55 AM »

Na you didn't I've still have about 75 in my barn.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
KiwiChristian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2003, 02:16:09 AM »

Well I'm from New Zealand which makes me a "kiwi" and I"m a Christian so put them both together and you get my screen name.  Pretty easy really.

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2003, 10:59:02 AM »

Well I'm from New Zealand which makes me a "kiwi" and I"m a Christian so put them both together and you get my screen name.  Pretty easy really.

I like your fish!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2003, 11:07:58 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to KiwiChristian,

Welcome to Christians Unite. I sincerely hope you enjoy the Christian fellowship here. I love your signature picture. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Jesus colored everyone's world!

In Christ,
Tom

hoosier

I'm engaged!! :)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2003, 03:09:54 AM »

Since I live in Indiana.. and when I first got onto the net, and went to a chat site, they asked for a handle.. so I came up with "Hoosier"-- since a Hoosier is a person that lives in Indiana... So I kept it.. .. I have actually met one person that knew me from one site to another site. due to the fact that I kept it as my handle...lol
Romans8_1

Hello

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2003, 10:57:16 PM »

Romans changed my life.  This is probably not an original statement.  My life was pretty crappy.  I couldn't understand why wasn't living like I wanted to.  I considered myself a Christian, but I couldn't get over the hump ... to the next level.  I kept doing the things I hated.  I read chapter 6 and learned in 6:12 that I shouldn't "let" sin reign in my body.  What did that imply ... "let"?  That I had the power to not to.  I had stop thinking of myself as a sinner, and to think of myself as a saint who occasionally sins.  If you don't recognize the difference, let me know and we'll start another thread.  It's a huge difference.  Then I get to chapter 7 and it still sends shivers up my back to hear how Paul felt like I did.  He dispised the things he did.  To hear Paul struggle somehow made me feel ok.  Paul cries out "Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?"  That was exactly how I felt.  Then we climax to Romans 8.1 "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" and then just takes off from there in some of the prettiest words you will ever hear for the rest of Chapter 8.  We learn that we don't even know to pray.  We learn that there is a pray meeting going on for us right now the Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.  We learn that who are we to be afraid of?  Who could possible condemn us?  Don't we know who we are?Huh We are children of God!!!!

Chapters 7 and 8 are gems and 8.1 is the cornerstone.  I would recommend everyone to read chapters 6,7,8 at least once a month.  It's the best medicine in the world to be reminded what being a Christian is all about.

Grace and Peace to you.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2003, 11:23:19 PM »

Wow, that is a great post!

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2003, 07:06:46 AM »

Romans 8.1 "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" and then just takes off from there in some of the prettiest words you will ever hear for the rest of Chapter 8.  We learn that we don't even know to pray.  We learn that there is a pray meeting going on for us right now the Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.  We learn that who are we to be afraid of?  Who could possible condemn us?  Don't we know who we are?Huh We are children of God!!!!
"The Holy Spirit of God testifies with our spirits that we are children of God!"

Jesus tells us that we will no longer sin if we have faith in Him; based on other scriptures, I believe this refers to a sin that is precious to us and rules our life. It does not mean that we will never stumble as Christians. But if we see sin in our lives, and it is overcoming us, we have the power to resist and reject it. Christ gives us that power. And even if we have to regularly turn away from other sins that have ensnared us, we are doing what He has called us to do, and that is to obey. We will make mistakes, we will let Satan or our Old Nature beat us up now and then, but we are still the Children of God, a truth so powerful that even God's Spirit vehemently agrees with ours on this subject!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2003, 10:53:45 AM »

That is a really good point.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2003, 06:46:03 PM »

Yes, thank you, Romans 8_1:  

I had stop thinking of myself as a sinner, and to think of myself as a saint who occasionally sins.

I understand Romans at one time was used as a text in several U.S. law schools...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the