Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:17:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Truth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Truth  (Read 4736 times)
Hunibuni

I am searching for Truth

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2003, 03:31:04 PM »

Why is it that Christians, go along with halloween, easter, and other pagan holidays and justify it by saying it is for the children. Church's are really bad at this. I can't tell the world from the church. Why is this happening? Cry
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 04:25:44 PM »

There are a lot of Christian families who believe that, in the sense of 1Corinthians 8, the "satanic" influences of Hallowe'en and other pagan-born holidays have no power over them, and that they can enjoy some of the aspects of these celebrations as free persons in Christ.

I would not condemn these people; they may be stronger in their faith than I am. If their hearts do not condemn them, and they are not causing other believers to fall, I don't think they will be held accountable for dressing up on October 31st and asking for candy.

But I do think it is important that we know the true meaning of many of the holidays we celebrate; the histories are sometimes very satanic.

I do not consider Easter to be a "pagan" holiday; it is the day that Christ rose, just after Passover. But the eggs and rabbits have ancient ties which have nothing to do with the resurrection. They come from the druidic practice of worhsipping spring and fertility.

But then, some Christians use eggs to teach their children that Christ has rose again, like a chick breaking out of an egg. Or they use this example to say we have been given new life. When God's people are worshipping Him and enjoying His wonderful creation, is this wrong?  Huh

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 04:50:05 PM »

Why is it that Christians make such a big deal about Halloween, Easter, and other “pagan” holidays, or feel that they even need to use an excuse to do things on this day at all? Guess what, Pagans use the same internet as you, they drink the same water as you, and they even breath Oxygen like you do. You may stop surfing the net, and never drink water again if you, and stop breathing, but as for me, I think I we celebrate Gods gifts ,and ignore the fact that some things Non-Christians do coincide wit that I do. Today, I said to my self “This is the day that the lord has made” and Tomorrow I will say “This is the day that the lord has made” and come October 31, come Halloween, I will still say “This is the day that the lord has made.” Come Christmas, I will still say “This is the day that the lord has made.” When New years rolls around, I will still say “This is the day that the lord has made.” When I birthday comes around, I will say “This is the day that the lord has made.” When Easter comes around, I will still say “This is the day that the lord has made.” And you know what? Out of the approximately 365 days of this Pagan Calendar we go by, every last one of them is made by God. Every single one is hand crafted by the Creator. Neo-Druids didn’t invent October 30, God did. The Pagans only used it. I am not going to give excuses for going to Halloween parties, or exchanging Christmas presents, or go on an Easter egg hunt. These are days God made, the Pagans who celebrate on these days should be thankful the Lord let them worship false Gods in HIS day. They should be the ones making excuses, not us!

That’s my 2 cents.

Chris

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 10:55:34 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Tibby,

AMEN! Brother. The LORD has made every day and we worship him 365/24/7. ALMIGHTY GOD IS INFINITELY MORE POWERFUL than anyone or anything that could claim influence on even 1 minute a year. If 1 minute was in question, I would worship ALMIGHTY GOD in that 1 minute also.

In Christ,
Tom

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 08:07:58 AM »

Why is it that Christians make such a big deal about Halloween, Easter, and other “pagan” holidays, or feel that they even need to use an excuse to do things on this day at all? Guess what, Pagans use the same internet as you, they drink the same water as you, and they even breath Oxygen like you do. You may stop surfing the net, and never drink water again if you, and stop breathing, but as for me, I think I we celebrate Gods gifts ,and ignore the fact that some things Non-Christians do coincide wit that I do. Today, I said to my self “This is the day that the lord has made” and Tomorrow I will say “This is the day that the lord has made” and come October 31, come Halloween, I will still say “This is the day that the lord has made.” Come Christmas, I will still say “This is the day that the lord has made.” When New years rolls around, I will still say “This is the day that the lord has made.” When I birthday comes around, I will say “This is the day that the lord has made.” When Easter comes around, I will still say “This is the day that the lord has made.” And you know what? Out of the approximately 365 days of this Pagan Calendar we go by, every last one of them is made by God. Every single one is hand crafted by the Creator. Neo-Druids didn’t invent October 30, God did. The Pagans only used it. I am not going to give excuses for going to Halloween parties, or exchanging Christmas presents, or go on an Easter egg hunt. These are days God made, the Pagans who celebrate on these days should be thankful the Lord let them worship false Gods in HIS day. They should be the ones making excuses, not us!

That’s my 2 cents.

Chris
Grin

Hunibuni

I am searching for Truth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 02:19:32 PM »

Every day is a day that the Lord has made and it should be honored and hailed as holy. The word of God also states that my people perish from lack of knowledge. As christians we should all be aware that our actions causes reactions and we can lead people astray by doing things that exalts itself above the knowledge of God. We will be held accountable one way or the other.I pray that every reader will "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness" I also pray that every reader will ask the Lord to walk them into all truth. I believe that Easter was never to be linked with the resurrection of Christ, nor the birth of Christ with santa. If we don't stand for the truth and teach our children to stand for what is Good, Pure and Holy they will fall for anything. Jesus has done too much for us not to live Holy for him. I believe that when you get saved, filled with the baptism of the Holy Spirit and delivered from whatever, We are new creatures in Christ and old things are passed away and behold all things become new. If we still act and behave as the world what difference do we make in the world. We are to be set aside for Christ. I understand that growth is a process but it's time to get off of milk and get onto solid foods.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 02:49:51 PM »

And why should Easter not be related to Jesus in some way? No, we do not want to lead people astray, but do you know the ratio of Christian to non-Christians that know Easter is a Pagan Holiday is? You ask most non-Christians, the VAST majority of them will say it is a Christian Holiday. Which it is, now. Oh, It has Pagan roots. Oh, so what? If a person who is born with Pagan parents, raised a pagan, and have “Pagan roots” can be saved by Christ, why can’t we reclaim a day for Jesus? When Jesus comes into the Picture, that kind of History is erased. We are no longer sinners, and the day is no longer a “Pagan day” if you can even attribute it to the Pagans at first.

We are to not act the way the world does? The World posts on Forums. If you honestly believe what you preach, then stop posting here! The Internet was not maybe by Christians for Christ. Stop using Bulletin Boards like the world does and go live in a cave!

The point is that we are to be set apart, but COME ON! You are making an issue out of non-issues. Why does it matter if we celebrates Christ’s death and resection at Easter or the Forth of July? Do you think they really want us to switch days and run away from everything non-Christian? Do you think that is set apart? Set apart is HOW we live our life, not WHEN we celebrate a holiday.

Hunibuni

I am searching for Truth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 06:26:57 AM »

You are right who knows who invented the internet, and yes I do understand that everything is the Lords and the fullness thereof. I still believe that as Christians "We live in this world but are not of this world", being new creatures in Christ. In the bible Easter is automatically known as a pagan holiday not the celebration of the Resurrection of Christ. If celebrating Holloween, Santa Claus, Harry Potter, Witchcraft, and anything else satanic makes you happy then go for what you know. Believe me I will not stand in your way. I am not going to argue with carnal minded christians. If what you believe in is true then so be it, we all have been given the gift of free will, but believe this for all those who know the truth and teach false doctrine will be held accountable.
STAND UP FOR THE GOSPEL, AND BRING DOWN EVERYTHING THAT EXALTS ITSELF ABOVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD!
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 06:36:19 AM »

halloween is only 4 days away Smiley

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 07:08:37 AM »

And why should Easter not be related to Jesus in some way? No, we do not want to lead people astray, but do you know the ratio of Christian to non-Christians that know Easter is a Pagan Holiday is? You ask most non-Christians, the VAST majority of them will say it is a Christian Holiday. Which it is, now. Oh, It has Pagan roots. Oh, so what? If a person who is born with Pagan parents, raised a pagan, and have &#8220;Pagan roots&#8221; can be saved by Christ, why can&#8217;t we reclaim a day for Jesus? When Jesus comes into the Picture, that kind of History is erased. We are no longer sinners, and the day is no longer a &#8220;Pagan day&#8221; if you can even attribute it to the Pagans at first.

We are to not act the way the world does? The World posts on Forums. If you honestly believe what you preach, then stop posting here! The Internet was not maybe by Christians for Christ. Stop using Bulletin Boards like the world does and go live in a cave!

The point is that we are to be set apart, but COME ON! You are making an issue out of non-issues. Why does it matter if we celebrates Christ&#8217;s death and resection at Easter or the Forth of July? Do you think they really want us to switch days and run away from everything non-Christian? Do you think that is set apart? Set apart is HOW we live our life, not WHEN we celebrate a holiday.
The rabbits, eggs etc. may come from the ancient worship of the fertility goddess; but Easter itself is the anniversary of Christ's resurrection. It falls after the Jewish holiday Passover, which was probably the last meal Jesus ate. He is risen - He is risen indeed!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 07:28:30 AM »

I am not going to argue with carnal minded christians. If what you believe in is true then so be it, we all have been given the gift of free will, but believe this for all those who know the truth and teach false doctrine will be held accountable.
STAND UP FOR THE GOSPEL, AND BRING DOWN EVERYTHING THAT EXALTS ITSELF ABOVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD!

Oklahoma Howdy to Hunibuni,

This would obviously be your opinion, and many Christians do not share your opinion. They would not be carnal Christians because they don't share your opinion. There is an opposite side of the coin that is completely valid. I choose not to allow the devil to claim a single day as his own. I and many others worship Almighty God on Christmas, Easter, and every day. Would we honor the devil by allowing him to claim that day or any day? There is a lengthy history of Christians trying to reclaim days for God and take them away from the devil. As an ancient example, prior to midnight is Halloween and after midnight is All Saints Day. I say that prior to midnight also belongs to Almighty God.

One could take this example on and on, but the same message would come across that many Christians refuse to allow any day to be devoted to the devil or in honor of the devil. Here's one last example. A Christian decides to hand out Bible tracts in a rough area of town filled with prostitutes and dope dealers. Is the Christian honoring prostitutes and dope dealers? Further, is the Christian carnal in this action? The answer is "NO".

In Christ 365/24/7,
Tom

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2003, 09:09:06 AM »

The Military invented the net. The bible doesn’t even tal about the cyber space, does it? No, but it does talk about days, and how Holy every single one is, because God made it. And BEP said “I choose not to allow the devil to claim a single day as his own.”

As for “BRING DOWN EVERYTHING THAT EXALTS ITSELF ABOVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD!” Have you every thought that by not taking back these days, YOU are exalting these days above God? From the way you talk, it is clear you don’t believe the power of God and penetrate a 24 hour period because ages ago a few people who where never told about Jesus to begin with started celebrating the sun or the moon? Sounds like you are Exalting Legalism over God to me.

Hunibuni

I am searching for Truth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2003, 09:54:14 AM »

As I said before if this is your belief so be it. Every day is the Lords day and yes each day is to be celebrated as such. I don't believe in putting titles to day to be celebrated and as you said yourself this is a day that the Lord has made and everyday not just one day should be set aside for the fruits of the Spirit to be revealed. This is also a wicked world and there should be some distinction between saints and sinners. As far as not being in the Knowledge of God, let me say this, if you believe that everyday is the Lords then why would it need to be reclaimed. You are not making yourself clear to me. This statement lets me know that you don't believe in the Power of God if you believe it has or can be taken away by the devil. I am not arguing the case of everyday being the day that the Lord has made. I am saying that as Saints(Children of the Most High God) These events on any day should not be celebrated by us.
WhitehorseToo

Distinct llamaic sympathies

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2003, 08:14:33 PM »

I agree with Tibby that every day is made by the Lord. I agree with HuniBuni that we should not celebrate death, which is so prevalent in Holloween and does have pagan roots that should be dead and gone. I think the best solution is to have Harvest parties. Dress up as holy characters, or as a drachma. I personally celebrate Reformation Day, which falls on October 31st. I think it's sad that eveyone knows about Holloween, but I didn't even know about Reformation Day until five years ago. And I'm Reformed. Something mighty disturbing about that. But if I see a Christian celebrating Holloween, I'm positive they're not celebrating paganism, even if that was the original event. They're just having fun eating candy and dressing up. It's what's in their hearts that counts. If they have set aside Jesus as Lord and don't feel they're offending Him, then maybe they're just having fun.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2003, 10:55:00 PM »

Hunibuni- What I said isn’t contradictory. Allow to me make my self clear for those who don't speak the Tib: I was talking through 2 different eye. The First is the eyes of Christians, Jesus, Satan and all the rest who know the truth. God owns all. The Second are thru the eyes of the lost. To them, days like Halloween are Satan’s day. We have to take it back of there sake. We are the only Jesus most of them will see, and cowering in our homes and churches on October 31 isn’t a good way to show Jesus.  Walk out proudly October 31! This is your Spiritual Fathers day!

That is the spirit Whitehorse. Instead of looking for bad, look for good!

Happy Halloween! Happy Reformation Day! Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the