Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:10:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Very Toubled
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Very Toubled  (Read 9493 times)
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2003, 10:26:07 PM »

Thanks BEP, it's just hard to look up when everything's hurting.  

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2003, 10:41:57 PM »

Peachy, I'm praying, too. You're welcome to PM me.  Cry

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2003, 04:30:42 AM »

Thanks BEP, it's just hard to look up when everything's hurting.  

Oklahoma Howdy to Peachykeen,

I should have also offered PM. Believe me, I do understand and have had the hurting t-shirt since 1998. I may have some ideas for you. MRI is supposed to be the best, but they found my problem with a cat-scan. Here's something to get a grin and try to make you feel better. The lab guy takes a kitty and swings it in circles over you (i.e. cat-scan).   Grin

It helps to get a positive attitude about them finding the problem and getting it fixed. You can sometimes help the doctor by writing down details of every symptom and pain, when you eat, what you eat, when you have pain, how long it lasts, and every detail you can think of for a log book to take to the doctor. There are tons of fairly minor things that really hurt that can be repaired pretty easily after they find it. I'll be praying it is something simple and easy to fix. Please do feel free to PM me.

Love In Christ,
Tom

rapture2k

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2003, 02:17:34 PM »

Dear Peachykeen,

I would like to address your situation, while addressing the other posts at the same time. Please forgive me, but I need to express my FRUSTRATION on this matter. Here is a young lady in great distress, and no one is providing any solutions to her problem. Prayer is fine, but she needs answers. Why are so many Christians sick and dying when God has given us the wisdom and knowledge to heal ourselves.

Don't we know about natural resources, such as herbs, vitamins, and minerals. Why are we not using these safe and natural remedies that God gave us? Why are we not promoting proper diet and exercise which is the only "real" cure for problems like CFS and Fibromyolgia. Doctors are fine when we need them. I'm sad to say that many people spend unnecessary time and money going to Doctors when they don't need to.

I'm a 31 year old male who has had these same conditions and more. Being that I had no medical insurance, I learned real quick how to heal myself. Peachykeen, I recommed you do what I did. Start researching natural resources. Products  like Coral Calcium, and SeaSilver just to name a couple. Start taking a good multi-vitamin. I use a company called Advanced Physicians Products. Their web-site is  http://www.nutritiononline.com/   They are wonderful, and they will give advice too.

Also find out what foods make you feel worse. Most importantly when you start feeling better start a mild excerise program. You will be amazed as to how 20 to 30 minutes of just pace walking a few times a week can make you feel better. You can advance according to how you feel. Be sure to not over do it though. I hope that I could be of some help.

I want to end by saying that i'm very dissapointed with the Christian community right now. God gives us the "Ability" to  produce Health Wealth, or whatever it is we need. I am a firm believer in prayer, but I feel that we sometimes use it in the wrong way. We need to pray, but we also need solutions. Dear readers, Please make it an effort to start providing actual answers for hurting people.

God Bless,

Rapture  

P.S. Please excuss any misspellings or typo's                    

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2003, 03:21:38 PM »

Here's something to get a grin and try to make you feel better. The lab guy takes a kitty and swings it in circles over you (i.e. cat-scan).   Grin

Heehee! If they use a doggy is it a Lab report?

Rapture, do you have working knowledge of this young lady's condition? Or is this opportunism? Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 03:31:49 PM by Whitehorse » Logged

DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2003, 06:02:14 PM »

I'm so sorry you are going through all this pain...
Since the beginning of this year, I had been sicker than a dog, literally vomitting almost every week...and would ALWAYS get anxiety attacks b/c I hate getting sick to my stomach.  Anyway, I finally got some answers, and found out I had a gallbladder problem and gastro parisis and peptic ulcers.  Well, I had my gall bladder out in August, and I handed EVERYTHING over to the Lord the night before the surgery.  My anxiety was GONE.  The gall bladder came out and I was told it was really diseased.  I know that once I put ALL my faith in the Lord, things did eventually get better.  It's all in His time.  He see's the WHOLE canvas...He will get you through anything...just have faith in that and in Him...especially in the hardest, most trying times, call out to Him and you will be so pleased at how close by He really is.
Live in the Word, speak the Word....Feed on the word until it penetrates the spirit.  Always remember that by Jesus' stripes you ARE healed...take God's word daily....His word is a healing agent...it is the medicine to all of our flesh.  Remember, it takes time for medicine to work...both spiritual and natural...trust in God and remember that His medicine has no side effects...and even when you don't want to, speak the word of God...His word WILL heal Smiley
Praying for you!!!
God bless!!!

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2003, 06:44:35 PM »

Heehee! If they use a doggy is it a Lab report?

Rapture, do you have working knowledge of this young lady's condition? Or is this opportunism? Roll Eyes

Oklahoma Howdy to Whitehorse,

Grin  Yes, I got several lab reports. Thanks, I hadn't heard that one.

I need to get some of those vitamins and natural products. I bet there are multitudes of Christians living several hundred years or more. I'm disappointed nobody ever told me about that. I bet they could close the hospitals and send all the doctors home. Think of all that money Christians could save on medicine. Maybe this rates a  Cheesy   Huh

Love In Christ,
Tom
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 06:47:29 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2003, 08:15:42 PM »

Yep, I say it rates a full  Grin

Love in Christ,
Whitehorse

LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2003, 08:50:52 PM »

I are in my constant prayers. God bless, keep praying, believe in him and he will deliver you.

For your soul:

Perfect through Suffering by Anne Reeve Aldrich

God never would send you the darkness
  If he felt you could bear the light;
But you would not cling to his guiding hand
  If the way were always bright;
And you would not care to walk by faith
  Could you always walk by sight.

Tis true he has many an anquish
  For your sorrowful heart to bear,
And many a cruel thorn-crown
  For your tired head to wear;
He knows how few would reach heaven at all
  If pain did not guide them there.

So he sends you the blinding darkness,
  And the furnace of seven-fold heat.
Tis the only way, believe me,
  To keep you close to his feet,
For tis always so easy to wander
  When our lives are glad and sweet.

Then nestle your hand in your Father's
  And sing, if you can, as you go;
Your song may cheer some one behind you
  Whose courage is sinking low.
And....well...if your lips do quiver...
  God will love you better so.

-------------------------------------------

We are made perfect through suffering.  You are our sister in Christ and we love you.

~LMarsh

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2003, 11:04:34 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to LMarsh,

THANKS!, That was beautiful.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2003, 07:41:07 AM »

Dear Peachykeen,

I would like to address your situation, while addressing the other posts at the same time. Please forgive me, but I need to express my FRUSTRATION on this matter. Here is a young lady in great distress, and no one is providing any solutions to her problem. Prayer is fine, but she needs answers. Why are so many Christians sick and dying when God has given us the wisdom and knowledge to heal ourselves.

I'm a 31 year old male who has had these same conditions and more. Being that I had no medical insurance, I learned real quick how to heal myself. Peachykeen, I recommed you do what I did. Start researching natural resources. Products  like Coral Calcium, and SeaSilver just to name a couple. Start taking a good multi-vitamin. I use a company called Advanced Physicians Products. Their web-site is  http://www.nutritiononline.com/   They are wonderful, and they will give advice too.

I want to end by saying that i'm very dissapointed with the Christian community right now. God gives us the "Ability" to  produce Health Wealth, or whatever it is we need. I am a firm believer in prayer, but I feel that we sometimes use it in the wrong way. We need to pray, but we also need solutions. Dear readers, Please make it an effort to start providing actual answers for hurting people.

I would like to address this post, and express my FUSTRATION in this matter. Here is a young lady, in great distress, and somebody is trying to make a profit off it.  Cry

I'm sorry you are disappointed with the Christian community right now. But a praying church is a strong church. If you can pray better, please instruct us, so that we no longer use this God-given power in the wrong way.

God does not always guarantee us solutions, however much we think we need them. He says He will hear us, when we pray in His will; this is enough.

"God gives us the "Ability" to  produce Health Wealth, or whatever it is we need." Everything that we have comes from God; we can produce nothing on our own. He gives us instruction on how to use these gifts, and opportunities to gather or waste them, but it is not through our own power that we make them.

Not that I have anything against herbal supplements etc; my personal experience with them has been, they are expensive and do very little good, but I certainly have no qualm about them, and maybe they help other people. But they do not work miracles. Prayer can.

And do not think I am suggesting that, if someone has knowledge to help a hurting person, they should not use it; but don't slam the saints who use their best resource available, prayer. It doesn't always heal, like the ads on TV. It isn't a magic potion or super-vitamin. But it is powerful.

Sorry, folks. Me a li'l peevish this mornin'.  Tongue

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
rapture2k

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2003, 11:18:31 AM »

Dear Willowbirch,

First off, you are dead wrong and out of order for implying that i'm trying to make a profit. Any decent human being can read my post and tell that I was only trying to help. You are so mislead.

You are also so very wrong. God does guarantee solutions, and prayer is Not enough. The bible says that faith without works is dead. What this means is, you must have faith, and do something about that faith at the same time.

You said "we can produce nothing on our own" Well, I never stated that we could. I said "God gives us the "Ability" to  produce Health Wealth, or whatever it is we need." Key word being Ability. It's not hard to confuse.

It's funny, you said natural remidies did very little for you. Well that's strange because they have done wonders for mankind ever since the begining of time. Their were No hospitals, or doctors 2000 years ago. Adam and Eve did not take medications either. Imagine that!!!

Jesus warned us that people will perish or die because of lack of knowledge. A person that's starving to death dosent need prayer, they need FOOD. Praying for a starving person will lead to death. You can pray after you have feed them.

Try praying for a job, and not fill out any applications. You will be unemployed and broke. Only when you mix the two together you get results. It's just common sense.

Christians can continue to waiste time and money if they want to. I choose to be wise and combine prayer and faith with solution. It works and works well. Thank God he showed me the light. I am now healthy and I can be a blessing to others.

Rapture        

Dear Peachykeen,

I would like to address this post, and express my FUSTRATION in this matter. Here is a young lady, in great distress, and somebody is trying to make a profit off it.  Cry

I'm sorry you are disappointed with the Christian community right now. But a praying church is a strong church. If you can pray better, please instruct us, so that we no longer use this God-given power in the wrong way.

God does not always guarantee us solutions, however much we think we need them. He says He will hear us, when we pray in His will; this is enough.

"God gives us the "Ability" to  produce Health Wealth, or whatever it is we need." Everything that we have comes from God; we can produce nothing on our own. He gives us instruction on how to use these gifts, and opportunities to gather or waste them, but it is not through our own power that we make them.

Not that I have anything against herbal supplements etc; my personal experience with them has been, they are expensive and do very little good, but I certainly have no qualm about them, and maybe they help other people. But they do not work miracles. Prayer can.

And do not think I am suggesting that, if someone has knowledge to help a hurting person, they should not use it; but don't slam the saints who use their best resource available, prayer. It doesn't always heal, like the ads on TV. It isn't a magic potion or super-vitamin. But it is powerful.

Sorry, folks. Me a li'l peevish this mornin'.  Tongue
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2003, 12:13:55 PM »

Told you I was peevish this morning.   Tongue

(Sorry for taking over your thread, Peachykeen - maybe this should be in a different forum?)

Rapture:
I'm sorry if I accused you wrongly. There are a lot of folks who come just to advertise their products, I didn't realize you were just an innocent advisor!

Yes, I agree with you that mankind has relied on herbs etc. for millenia. But my personal theory is that we absorb much of the vitamins and minerals our bodies need simply through good dieting; I've never "gone in" for supplements and pills. They scare me.  Grin

Please remember, I did not say that we should sit back and do nothing but pray, as you claim. I said that we should share what knowledge and wisdom we have if possible (concerning the situation where this is needed); but when you just don't know what advice/help to give, prayer is all you can do.

God does guarantee solutions; but they aren't always the kind we want or understand. I said that, too.

Your reference to "Faith without works" is interesting; I have never heard it quoted in a situation similar to this one. It makes sense. But prayer is faith AND works; not always visible works, as the verse implies (charity, etc.) and of course I agree that we should help where we can. But if all you know what to do is pray...?

You stress the word "ability" again. That's my point. We can't do much on our own. DO NOT think I am saying that we should just sit back and vegetate, let our bodies rot, just because we don't control every part of our lives. But all we really have the "ability" to do is obey God, which can include (of course) healthy diet, exercise, etc. We can't "make" ourselves healthy, or prosperous, etc. Only God can ultimately do that.

P.S. There were doctors 2000 years ago. They couldn't do the same advanced things we do now, and people died much younger, but they were there. (Leeches, anyone?)

Also (and I'm certainly not arguing with you on this - its just a thought!), Adam and Eve were created perfect. They had no deformed genes, no hereditary disease. They lived in an age where anybody could live to 800+.

I am glad that God can use you to be a blessing to others! May He continue to do so!

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2003, 01:18:16 PM »

Rapture:
I think there has been a misunderstanding. I don't want you to believe that I am upset because you offered herbal advice to Peachy! I'm not enthusiastic about holistic healing, but I would never judge another believer about it.

I am glad you gave advice to Peachy; others would have if they could, and some did. But people have been praying and fasting over the past weeks for this girl, and you basically told them that they were incompetent. This is what offends me.  Cry

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2003, 06:37:14 AM »

Peachykeen, I am passing this on to you, it was posted by A4C on another thread.

Has Your Hut Been Burning?

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island.  He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.  Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions.  But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.  The worst had happened - everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger.  "God, how could you do this to me?" he cried.

Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island.  It had come to rescue him.  "How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers.  "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It's easy to get discouraged sometimes when things appear to be going badly.  But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering.  Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground, it just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace of God.
    For all the negative things we have to say to ourselves, God has a positive answer for it.

You say, "Nobody really loves me."
God says: "I love you". (John 3:16 - John 13:34)

You say, "I can't go on."
God says: "My grace is sufficient." (II Cor. 12:9 - Psalm 91:15)

You say, "I can't figure things out."
God says: "I will direct your steps." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say, "I can't do it."
God says: "You can do all things in Me." (Phil 4:13)

You say, "It's not worth it."
God says: "It will be worth it." (Romans 8:28)

You say, "I can't forgive myself."
God says: "I forgive you." (Romans 8:1)

You say, "I can't manage."
God says: "I will supply all your needs." (Phil 4:19)

You say, "I'm afraid."
God says: "I have not given you a spirit of fear." (II Tim. 1:7)

You say, "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: "Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)

You say, "I don't have enough faith."
God says: "I've given everyone a measure of faith." (Romans 12:3)

You say, "I'm not smart enough."
God says: "I give you wisdom." (I Cor. 1:30)

You say, "I feel all alone."
God says: "I will never leave you or forsake you." (Heb. 13:5)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Pass this on, you never know whose life may be in need of this today. There are some weeks (and days) that we ALL feel our huts are burning

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the