Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:45:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Favorite Web-Sites And Studies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Favorite Web-Sites And Studies  (Read 42820 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2003, 09:21:42 AM »

My Favorite Web-Sites And Studies
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Grace Impact
http://graceimpact.org/

(Part 1 of 3)

Building Strong Believers
HOW NOT TO BE A SPIRITUAL WIMP!
The Pauline Design for Edification

BY RICHARD JORDAN

Paul's purpose in penning his treatise to the Romans is his treatise to the Romans is stated quite clearly at the outset:

"For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, TO THE END YE MAY BE ESTABLISHED;
        "That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the MUTUAL FAITH both of you and me" (Rom. 1:11,12).

The book of Romans is establishment truth, written to ground its readers in "the mutual faith." This, of course, is not merely a reference to a desire to get them saved for the epistle is addressed to those who already were saints (v.7). Rather Paul's desire was that they be firmly fixed and settled in the same understanding of the grace of God to us in Christ which he had.

Paul envisioned strong believers. Saints who would not be "tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine." Saints who would not succumb to "the slight of men and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive." Saints who could endure hardness. Saints who were spiritually tuff and resilient. He knew this did not "just happen," but that it was the result of being established in sound doctrine.

After masterfully setting forth "the faith" he desired the saints to mutually share with him, he concludes with a further statement concerning establishment truth:

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
        "But now is made manifested, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
        "To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen" (Rom. 16:25-27).

This concluding benediction has often been overlooked both as to its purpose and content. It is, in fact, a concise statement of Paul's design for the establishment of believers in "the faith."

If the Body of Christ is to be edified by "perfected saints" doing "the work of the ministry," as Eph. 4:12 suggests, it is vitally important that we be--and that our ministries produce--perfect saints. How better to do this than to allow the one who gave us this charge to also instruct us as to how to produce perfected, established and matured saints for the work! Hence Paul's explanation of how believers are established is basic to doing the work of the ministry his way.

Look again at these verses. It is God Himself who alone has the capacity to establish--to stabilize and make strong--the believer. And how does He do so? Paul clearly sets forth a three-fold process:

"Now to Him that is the power to stablish you ACCORDING TO

MY GOSPEL,

and

THE PREACHING OF JESUS CHRIST
ACCORDING TO THE REVELATION
OF THE MYSTERY...

and

THE SCRIPTURES OF THE PROPHETS..."

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2003, 09:24:16 AM »

Grace Impact

(Part 2 of 3)

BY RICHARD JORDAN

The three-fold pattern is clearly defined:

1. My Gospel: This is the foundation of God's purpose. Knowing the details of the gospel of grace committed to Paul gives an orientation to Gods grace which equips us to live on the planet earth for His glory.

2. The preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery: This is the fullness of God's purpose. Understanding God's previously unrevealed intend to form a new agency, the Body of Christ, gives us an orientation to God's goal which grounds us in the ultimate plan of God.

3. The Scriptures of the prophets: This is the future of God's purpose. While the first two comprise the scope of the special message committed to Paul, the "scriptures of the prophets" encompass all of Scripture--in light, of course, of Paul's revelation. Understanding how the programs of prophecy and mystery relate into one great overriding purpose provides an orientation to God's glory as we see these programs come to fruition.

This a progressive pattern designed to set forth "the form of sound words" committed to our trust (II Tim 1:13). And it is this form--this pattern of divine thinking-- which produces the "godly edifying" that results in spiritual maturity. Let's look at it briefly.

"MY GOSPEL"

This is a reference to the special message committed to his trust by the risen Christ. Notice the two basic issues which lay the foundation for stability:

"MY gospel"--Dispensational Distinctions. Failure to recognize the distinctive nature of Paul's apostleship and message brings endless confusion as to where we stand in the program of God. Such confusion is foolish, however, for Paul plainly declares:

"For I SPEAK TO YOU GENTILES, INASMUCH AS I AM THE APOSTLE OF THE GENTILES, I magnify mine office" (Rom 11:13).

Paul is our Apostle--in contrast with Peter and the Twelve who were Israel's apostles (Matt. 19:28, Gal. 2:Cool. Thus Paul's gospel is our gospel--in contrast to that proclaimed by Peter and the Twelve before him (Gal. 1:11,12; 2:6-9). this is all the more important when we remember Paul's solemn pronouncement that one day soon "God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel" (Rom. 2:16).

"My GOSPEL"--Doctrinal Orientation. It is not enough to simply know who our Apostle is--we must know what he has said to us. We must be oriented to the grace of God as revealed through Paul. It has too often been assumed that an understanding of the distinctive ministry of Paul made one a "grace believer." This simply is not the case: We must go on to an understanding of the grace and love of God to us in Christ if we are to be genuine grace believers.

That Paul's gospel deals with salvation in Christ through his work on the cross is clear from 1 Cor. 15:1-4. To Paul was delivered the capstone of divine revelation concerning the cross-work of Christ. In Romans Paul lays four foundation principles of grace:

Justification by grace (Rom. 1-5): The finality of the cross is set forth here as nowhere else in Scripture. The justice of God is demonstrated to be free to give eternal life to anyone having perfect righteousness (1:18-3:20). Since we lack this righteousness through the cross of Christ. He is thus free to give both righteousness and eternal life to everyone who "believes in Jesus" (3:21-4:25). This new "grace wherein we stand" provides complete security, both during present tribulations as well as into eternity future (5:1-21).

Living under grace (5-8): The reality of the resurrection life through our total identification with Christ is next set before us. Because we are no longer "in Adam" but are now "in Christ" (5:12-21) we are to live consistent with our position in Christ (6), the current program of grace (7), and the power of the Holy Spirit (Cool.

These chapters provide the largely untapped keys for the believer's life in time: Rom. 6 identifies the step that deals with the principle of sin and provides the answer to its power. Rom. 7 denotes the struggle with the principle of the law and shows the answer to its bondage. Rom 8. sets forth the walk based on the principle of "life in Christ Jesus" as motivated by the Spirit of life.

Dispensation of Grace (9-11): The fall and future of Israel are examined so that no one will think Israel's program is still in effect today or that it has been done away with permanently. The present interruption of prophecy and its future resumption are clearly explained.

Serving by Grace (12-16): The fruits of our Sonship status in Christ are practically demonstrated. Practical instructions in grace-age-living give the believer a model for decision making by the "renewed mind" grace produces.

Thus Romans gives the foundation for the grace-life. It gives members of the Body of Christ an understanding of how we have been equipped and motivated to live on a daily basis in the details of our lives by God's grace and for His glory.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2003, 09:26:23 AM »

Grace Impact

(Part 3 of 3)

BY RICHARD JORDAN

THE MYSTERY PROGRAM

The next step in the edification process is built upon the previous. Once we understand who we are in Christ and how that new identity has equipped us with amazing divine assets, we are ready to move on to the advanced issues of just why God is forming the Body of Christ. This is the special focus of "the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery."

This unprophesied program is, of course, in stark contrast with the long prophesied program preached prior to Paul. A simple comparison of Acts 3:21 with Rom 16:25 sets forth conclusively: In Acts 3:21 Peter is preaching that "which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began." The message of Rom 16:25, on the other hand, "was kept secret since the world began." If words mean anything, these are two different messages.

Prior to the ministry of the Apostle Paul, Jesus Christ was presented as the prophet, priest and king of the nation Israel (Deut. 18:15, Psa. 110:4, Jer. 23:5,6)--all in accord with what God "spake by the mouth of His holy prophets, which have been since the world began" (Luke 1:70, Acts 3:21). When we come presented in a new way--as the head of the Body of Christ. This unprophesied purpose of God is completely different from the way Israel and the prophets has viewed Christ.

This unprophesied program was first revealed to and through the Apostle Paul. He declares:

"For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
        "If ye have heard the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
        "How that BY REVELATION HE MADE KNOWN UNTO ME THE MYSTERY; (as I wrote afore in a few words...)
        "WHICH IN OTHER AGES WAS NOT MADE KNOWN unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the spirit:
        "That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his holy promise in Christ by the gospel" (Eph 3:1-6).

It is vital that believers get the "big picture." Notice that Paul assumes the Ephesians had already grasp "the gospel"--he assumes their prior grounding in Romans-truth, just as Romans assumes the believer will proceed on to the further truths set forth in Ephesians. These are not two different messages but rather two different aspects of one message: foundational truth and advanced truth built on that foundation.

After being grounded in our equipping in Christ to function as member of the Body of Christ on planet earth (Roman's foundational truth), Paul now moves on to explain the place for this new agency in the plan of God. This is the special purpose of Ephesians. There we learn of our:

Calling(1-3): The wealth associated with our calling as members of the body of Christ is detailed so that we might "abound in wisdom and prudence." "The hope of His calling"--what He has called the Body of Christ to accomplish; "the glory of His inheritance in the saints"--how Christ will take possession of a redeemed universe through the saints; "the greatness of His power us-ward"--sharing in Christ's authority as head of all things; these are the advanced truths which set forth the goal of God's present purpose.

Conduct (4:1-6:9): The worthy walk to be manifest in our conduct as members of the Body of Christ is dealt with in clear and practical terms.

Conflict (6:10-6:24): The warfare brought about because of our conflict with the Satanic policy of evil designed to thwart God's purpose for the Body of Christ is explained and the believer's armor is identified.

These advanced truths erect a superstructure of divine edification in the believer's soul and provide a spiritual edifice of sound doctrine which gives a sense of our place in the overall purpose of God. With this "big picture" in hand, we are all able to move on to the final step in Paul's pattern for our perfection:

THE SCRIPTURES OF THE PROPHETS

As the first step orients us to the grace of God and the second to the goal of forming the Body of Christ, this final crowning step in the edification process orients us to the glory of God to be manifest in the ages to come.

Just as the great doctrinal books of Romans and Ephesians match the first two, the letters to the Thessalonians fit the third.

I Thess. details the events surrounding the closing of the dispensation of grace and the exodus of the Body of Christ from the planet earth. The Rapture is mentioned at the closing of each chapter and we learn details concerning its pre-tribulation scheduling (1:10), the judgment seat of Christ (3:13), the actual details surrounding our catching up to meet the Lord in the air (4:13-18) as well as the faithfulness of God to see these events to completion (5:23,24).

In like manner II Thess. focuses on the revelation of Christ at His prophesied "second coming" and its distinction from His unprophesied coming. Again, this prophesied coming is detailed in two of the three chapters with one of the Bibles completest descriptions of the rise and career of the Anti-Christ given in 2:3-12. II Thess. is clear that the only thing holding back these prophesied events is God's present purpose--a purpose which has temporarily interrupted the prophetic program.

DIVINE DESIGN

This edification process establishes the believer in the faith and provides the capacity for the faithful service for Christ as we walk by faith. This divine design can be seen in the way Paul's epistles has been preserved and collated in God's Word:

Romans not only stands first in the order of Paul's epistles, it is also the great book of foundational doctrine about the cross. The next great doctrinal epistle is Ephesians, which progresses on to the advanced mystery truths concerning the church, the Body of Christ. The Thessalonian letters comprise the final great doctrinal books and focus on Christ's coming both in mystery and prophecy. By the way, the Pastoral Epistles (I&II Tim., Tit., Phile) detail the functioning of the local congregation as the manifestation of the Body of Christ. The epistles lay themselves out thusly:

Romans:
Faith looking back to the Cross.

Ephesians:
Love looking around at the Church.

Thessalonians:
Hope looking forward to Christ's Coming.

Pastorals:
Fellowship working in the Congregation.

About this edification process Paul wrote Timothy:

"As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine.
        "Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather that GODLY EDIFYING WHICH IS IN FAITH: so do.
        "Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience and of faith unfeigned" (I Tim. 1:3-5).

If we are to be--and produce--strong believers, able to be good soldiers instead of hopelessly confused and impotent spiritual wimps, we must obey this commandment.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2003, 08:30:00 PM »

THINGS THAT DIFFER
BY C. R. STAM
http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

INTRODUCTION

RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD
OF TRUTH

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth."

--II Tim. 2:15.

Those who seek to teach the Word rightly divided frequently encounter the objection that "All [or every] Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable . . ." (II Tim. 3:16).  It is argued from this passage that it is dishonoring to God to divide the Bible into dispensations and emphasize the differences between them, since it is all for us, from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22.

Does this mean, then, that II Tim. 2:15 and II Tim. 3:16 contradict each other? Surely they do not. The fact is that, written only a few paragraphs apart, by the same author, to the same person, about the same Book, these two verses complement each other.  II Tim. 2:15 explains how God's workman may get most out of the Bible, while II Tim. 3:16 declares that all of it was given for his profit.  All Scripture is indeed profitable when "rightly divided," but when wrongly divided or not divided at all, the truth is changed into a lie and becomes most unprofitable.  Thus II Tim. 2:15 is the key to II Tim. 3:16 and to the understanding and enjoyment of the Word of truth.

One difficulty is that multitudes of Christians shrink from the effort involved in studying the Scriptures with a view to rightly dividing them.  And, alas, their spiritual leaders often encourage them in their lethargy.

Some years ago we heard a preacher exclaim: "Some say, 'This is for the Jew and that is for the church. This is for us and that is not for us.' I take a whole Bible!"

Did he mean that we should not distinguish between God's program for Israel in Old Testament times and His program for the body of Christ today?  Certainly not, but it sounded so.  Did he mean that those who do thus divide the Word do not believe the whole Bible?  No, but he gave that impression.  He discouraged his hearers from endeavoring to rightly divide the Word of truth by implying that those who do so discard parts of the Bible as not for them.  And this preacher was representative of a large proportion of the spiritual leaders in the church today.

Is it any wonder that the Christian masses use the Bible merely for devotional reading and often neglect even that?  How can they be expected to have an interest in the study of the Scriptures when their leaders themselves fail to set the example?  And one need but look about him to see the delinquency here.  Where are the Bible teachers of yesterday?  What has happened to the great Bible conferences that were held all over the land?  How many pastors teach the Word to their congregations?  And the missionaries and evangelists: is there not a widespread feeling that they do not need to study the Scriptures too thoroughly since "their business is to win souls"?

As a result, the vast majority of believers really understand very little of God's Word.  They know the basic facts of salvation but seem quite satisfied to remain ignorant of precious truths which, if they but searched to find them, would make them workmen whom God could approve, not needing to be ashamed of their service for Him.

But rather than study to attain to a better understanding of the Word and become proficient in its use, many actually boast that they are satisfied with "the simple things"!

And this after all the earnest prayers of Paul that believers might have the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Christ (Eph. 1:17), that they might know what is theirs in Christ (Eph. 1:18-23) and comprehend the breadth and length and depth and height of it! (Eph. 3:18).  This after all his labor and strife and conflict that they might have "the full assurance of understanding" (Col. 1:28-2:2).  This after all his prayers that they might "be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding" (Col. 1:9).  This after his stern rebuke of those carnal babes to whom he could preach no more than Christ crucified; whom he had to feed with milk alone because they were not able to digest solid food! (I Cor. 2 and 3).

Slothful Christians often consider themselves quite spiritual merely because their emotions are easily aroused.  They boast of their contentment with "the simple things" while they should be ashamed of their indifference to the written Word of God.  They claim great devotion to God, yet neglect the one great means of knowing Him better.  They profess fervent faith in Him, yet scarcely trouble to find out just what He has said. They do not, like David, meditate upon God's Word day and night nor, like the prophets, "enquire and search diligently" as to its true meaning.

The results of this attitude toward the Word are appalling, for such may trust Christ for salvation, but beyond this they exercise, in most cases, a blind, superstitious faith that cannot but dishonor God.  Feelings are taken for facts and their own wishes for God's Word.  They go into wrong paths, saying, "But I prayed very earnestly about it and now feel perfectly at peace."  They say, "The Lord spoke to me," and refer to some feeling rather than to some passage of Scripture consistently applied.  Thoughtlessly they say, "If it's in the Bible I believe it," yet as they read the Bible they take to themselves only what warms their hearts and leave the rest unapplied, not knowing exactly why.

But those who boast of their contentment with "the simple things" and oppose dispensational Bible study on the ground that all the Bible is for us, have certainly missed the fact that all Scripture was given that the man of God might be perfectly fitted and fully equipped for his work (See II Tim. 3:17).

There is a great difference between the "child of God" and the "man of God" and no one who remains an infant in the truth can be approved as a workman for God or as a soldier of Jesus Christ, for the workmen God approves must know how to rightly divide the Word of truth and the soldiers He honors must know how to wield the Sword of the Spirit.

We can sympathize with those who have begun to study the Bible dispensationally and have found it confusing.  The study of almost any subject is confusing at first, but as we persevere we begin to understand and to reap the fruits of our toil.  Indeed, to any thoughtful person the Scriptures must continue to be confusing until he learns to rightly divide and so to understand them.  And what joy can compare with that of coming into a fuller understanding of God's Word?

It is written concerning the great spiritual revival under Ezra, when the law was read and explained to the people of Israel:

"And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, BECAUSE THEY HAD UNDERSTOOD THE WORDS THAT WERE DECLARED UNTO THEM" (Neh. 8:12).

On the resurrection morning two disciples trudged wearily toward Emmaus, heart-broken because their Master had been crucified.  They did not understand that according to the prophetic Word He must suffer and die before entering into His glory.  Then the Lord Jesus Himself drew near and, unrecognized, explained this to them from the Scriptures until they understood and believed and rejoiced.

"And they said oneto another, DID NOT OUR HEART BURN WITHIN US, WHILE HE TALKED WITH US BY THE WAY, AND WHILE HE OPENED TO US THE SCRIPTURES?"(Luke 24:32).

Studying the Bible dispensationally may seem confusing at first but actually it dispels confusion, explains difficult problems, reconciles seeming contradictions and lends power to the believers ministry.

If I should step inside a modern United States Post Office all would doubtless seem very confusing to me.  But it would be a mistake to suggest piling all the mail neatly in one corner and handing it out promiscuously to all corners as some would do with the Bible.  The postal employees must "rightly divide" the mail so that each person receives what is addressed to him.  What seems like confusion to the novice is really a simplification of the work to be done in getting each person's private mail to him.

It is granted that in the Bible even that which was addressed to those of other dispensations is given to us for our learning and profit, but we must not confuse this with our own private mail or make the mistake of carrying out instructions meant particularly for others.

While I am reading mail addressed personally to me, a friend may hand me, for my interest or information, mail addressed to him.  His mail and mine may all prove informative and profitable, but I must still be careful not to confuse the two, expecting to receive things promised to him or carrying out instructions addressed to him.

Thus all the Bible is for us, but it is not all addressed to us or written about us, and if we would really understand and enjoy it; if we would really know how to use it effectively in service for Christ, we must be careful always to note who is addressing whom, about what and when and why.

Read this Book:
THINGS THAT DIFFER
BY C. R. STAM

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2003, 05:44:44 AM »

The Berean Bible Society
http://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/

The Day of Itching Ears    (Part 1 of 2)
By Cornelius R. Stam

For the professing Church the day of theological controversy has passed. Ecumenism is now the word on every tongue. Church leaders appear to have become convinced that the stifling confusion in the Church can be overcome only by all of us getting together, minimizing our differences, and emphasizing those doctrines on which we all agree. As a result, some of the most important doctrines of Scripture are neither denied nor affirmed; they are ignored. But little matter, for the objective now is not to be true to the written Word of God but to see to it that the Church is "strong" and commands the world's respect.

Ecumenism, sad to say, has made significant inroads among evangelical believers too. All too seldom do men of God stand up to defend by the Scriptures the truths they believe and proclaim. The theological debate has given place to dialogue, in which two individuals or groups sit down together to discuss their differences and see if there is not some basis for agreement. This appears generous and objective, but too often convictions are compromised and the truth watered down by such undertakings, with the result that the Spirit's power is sacrificed for numerical strength. No man of God can speak in the power of the Spirit when he places anything before the Word and Will of God. Nor can the Church ever be truly united and strong unless she puts God's Word and Will first and takes her place in the world as Christ's ambassador on alien territory (See II Cor. 5:20).

But what do the Scriptures say about this new "open-mindedness," this new "let's all get together" trend?

OUR LORD'S WARNING
During our Lord's earthly ministry He warned His disciples: "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees" (Matt. 16:6).

The disciples did not immediately grasp the significance of the Lord's warning. Realizing that they had forgotten to take bread with them, they supposed that He referred to the leaven which their bakers used and concluded that the Pharisees and Sadducees were evidently out to poison their food!

To correct this mistake our Lord had but to remind them how, with but a few loaves, He had fed five thousand people at one time and four thousand at another. They themselves had taken up baskets full of the fragments on both occasions. Surely, then, He could supply them with food!

"Then understood they how that He bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees (Ver. 12).

Someone was out to poison them—spiritually! It is doubtful that the Pharisees and Sadducees meant to propagate poisonous doctrines, but in their pride and hypocrisy they were the ready tools of Satan. It was because of the destructive qualities of these doctrines that our Lord had used the term "leaven" to describe them. Where false doctrine is concerned, it takes but a little to do a great deal of harm. Referring to this very thing Paul warned the Galatians that "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump" (Gal. 5:9).

What was so dangerous about the teachings of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? In general it was that the Pharisees added to the written Word (Matt. 23) and the Sadducees took from it (Acts 23:Cool. Both were dangerous, and our Lord warned His disciples to BEWARE of both. We do well to take this lesson to heart, for the Pharisees and Sadducees are with us still—those who add to the Word of God and those who take from it.

THE DOCTRINE OF THE PHARISEES
"The doctrine of the Pharisees" has held a prominent place in the Church throughout its history. The Reformation did not put an end to it by any means, for still today vast numbers of religious people subscribe to it.

The leaders of Christendom have added all sorts of rituals, restrictions, and requirements to God's revealed program for His Church in this dispensation of Grace, and multitudes of sincere believers follow like sheep, instead of searching the Scriptures daily to see whether these things really do belong to His program for our day.

Look at the members of Christ's Body. Many have placed themselves under the Law, while others are trying to recover the miraculous signs of Pentecost, or are striving to carry out a "great commission" that is not theirs. They observe holy days, baptism, footwashing, and all sorts of other forms and ceremonies which are contrary to God's program for this dispensation, as revealed in the epistles of Paul. As a result the Church is a Babel of confusion and Satan is well satisfied.

How perverse is the heart of man! God reveals the Substance and lo, His people go back to the shadows! He demonstrates the all-sufficiency of Christ's redemptive work and behold, His people continue to observe the rites that pointed to it. Indeed, they add ceremonies which He never commanded at all! In grace God postpones the judgment and the earthly reign of Christ, to offer grace and reconciliation to His enemies and lo, His servants do not even understand and go about vainly trying to "establish His kingdom."

They do not deny that we are commissioned to proclaim God's offer of grace and reconciliation, but they add another commission and so confuse the God-given message. They do not deny the all-sufficiency of Christ's finished work, but they add unscriptural and undispensational teachings and forms and ceremonies, and so confuse and adulterate God's clear message of grace.

This is "the doctrine of the Pharisees" and it is dangerous.

Added error blinds men's minds to the truth. Those who add the so-called "Great Commission" to God's program for this dispensation cannot fully appreciate the glory of our Lord's "great commission" to Paul and to us (II Cor. 5:14-21; Eph. 3:8,9; et al). Those who go back under the Law of Moses or even back to Pentecost cannot fully appreciate the glory of our Lord's finished work or "the exceeding riches of His grace." Those who observe footwashing, water baptism, or holy days cannot fully understand the mystery of God's purpose and grace. These added things hang as a veil before their eyes and blind them to the glories of their position in the heavenlies in Christ as members of His Body.

Our Lord charged the Pharisees with "teaching for doctrines the commandments of men" and with "making the Word of God of none effect through your [their] tradition" (Mark 7:7,13). This is being done on every hand today as religious leaders add to God's glorious "grace" program ceremonies and observances which belonged to former dispensations, or which He never commanded at all. This is dangerous to our spiritual welfare and we should "beware" of it.

THE DOCTRINE OF THE SADDUCEES
But if Satan cannot deceive us with "the doctrine of the Pharisees" he will seek to accomplish his purpose through "the doctrine of the Sadducees."

In comparison with the bigoted Pharisees, the Sadducees were the "advanced thinkers" of their day. Not that they did not also substitute human tradition for the Word of God, but they made more of the human intellect and refused to believe certain truths which were supernatural in character. The Sadducees have a host of followers in our day with its emphasis on the intellectual.

But our Lord warned His disciples against the Sadducees too. He said "Take heed....Beware" and described their doctrine as leaven because a little of it can spread so fast.

This warning is sorely needed today since some sincere Christians, wishing to be intellectual and open-minded, place themselves in positions of great spiritual danger.

On the premise that they are mature and are seeking for the truth, such people often spend their time examining all the different viewpoints they can find and so make shipwreck of the faith. We should be careful about assuming that we are mature either intellectually or spiritually. To the puffed-up Corinthian believers Paul wrote:

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become [take the position of] a fool, that he may be wise" (I Cor. 3:18).

"And if a man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know" (I Cor. 8:2).

The fact is that we cannot trust our intellects. Surely the sharp disagreements among the world's greatest intellects should teach us this. These disagreements exist because, as the Bible teaches, the human mind, like the human heart, has become depraved by sin.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2003, 05:46:10 AM »

The Berean Bible Society

The Day of Itching Ears    (Part 2 of 2)
By Cornelius R. Stam

THE THESSALONIANS, THE BEREANS, AND THE ATHENIANS
But were not the Bereans commended for listening with open minds to teachings which they had never heard before? Yes, when they were confronted with them. It was the Athenians, not the Bereans, who made it their policy to consider as many viewpoints as possible on every subject (Acts 17:18-21).

The strength of the Bereans was that they kept close to the Scriptures. When confronted with some new doctrine, they did indeed give it an interested hearing, but then "searched the Scriptures daily whether those things were so" (Acts 17:11). Had they found anything in Paul's message which contradicted the Scriptures they would immediately have rejected it. And for this God calls them "noble." They were the truly great, the spiritual aristocracy of their day.

Too many believers today aspire to be like the Athenians rather than the Bereans. They say they wish to have open minds, and this is good if it is remembered that an open mind is like an open mouth; not everything should be put into it.

The Athenians went to the other extreme from the Thessalonians, who would not even consider a new doctrine when confronted with it—would not even consider it in the light of the Scriptures.

The Bereans were the wisest of the three. They kept close to that blessed Book, and, when confronted with unfamiliar teachings, immediately subjected them to the test of Scripture.

This is the wisest course even if only because we are all limited in time and strength. Obviously we cannot spend a great deal of time looking into the conflicting teachings of men without sacrificing a great deal of much-needed time for Bible study, and in the measure that we do this we are bound to grow spiritually weaker.

THE QUESTION OF EXPOSURE
There are those who argue that believers cannot be strengthened against error without being exposed to it. Our Lord knew better. He did not invite the Pharisees and the Sadducees to address His audiences. Rather He warned His audiences against the "leaven" of the Pharisees and the Sadducees and kept teaching His hearers the truth.

The depravity of the human heart and mind is such that the believer is not strengthened against error by constant exposure to it; he is strengthened against error by feeding consistently upon the Word of God. Exposure to error strengthens the believer only as it drives him to the Word of God. Show me a Christian who is always "considering all sides" and I will show you one who will fail dismally to give the Scriptural answer to false teaching—if indeed he is not taken in by false teaching himself. But show me a Christian who spends his time with that blessed Book and I will show you one who, strong in the faith, can easily answer his adversaries by the Scriptures. Paul wrote to young Pastor Timothy:

"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ.... Preach the Word....For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears" (II Tim. 4:1-3).

And what was to be the result of this "itching ears" condition, this passion to hear teachers of all schools of thought expound their various doctrines? Hear the divine prediction:

"And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (Ver. 4).

What thoughtful student of the Word will deny that we have reached this point in the history of the professing Church, that the day of "itching ears" is upon us?

The desire to "give everyone a hearing," as it were, may seem superficially to indicate spiritual greatness, but actually it is of the flesh and is based upon the exalted presumption that it is safe for me to trust my intellect, even though the greatest intellects have disagreed over the most vital subjects. Where our intellects are concerned we are wiser to heed the Spirit-inspired exhortation of one truly great intellect, the Apostle Paul:

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" (II Cor. 10:5).

The Apostle Paul did not assume that his followers were mature enough to consider all religious viewpoints. He delivered his God-given message and warned his hearers and readers against false teachings.

To the Corinthians he wrote:

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" (II Cor. 11:3).

Reminding the Colossians of his labor and strife and toil and conflict to establish them in the faith, he warns:

"Beware lest any man spoil [rob] you....Let no man beguile you..." (Col. 2:8,18).

He did not suggest to the Ephesian elders that it might be big of them occasionally to invite the legalists or the gnostics or some other heterodox teachers in to address their audiences. He rather impressed upon them their responsibility to protect their congregations from false teaching. Read carefully and prayerfully his very words, as found in Acts 20:28-31:

"Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the Church of God, which he hath purchased with His own blood.

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

"Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

"Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears."

Even those two outstanding pastors, Timothy and Titus, were warned against the "leaven" of false teaching. The apostle exhorts Timothy:

"Take heed unto thyself and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself and them that hear thee" (I Tim. 4:16).

This passage explains why some pastors have been unable to save their hearers from error and spiritual shipwreck. Certainly it teaches the danger of false doctrine to both pastor and people.

Throughout his two epistles to Timothy the apostle warns his son in the faith against those who "teach otherwise" and exhorts him to "fight the good fight of the faith." How earnestly he beseeches young Timothy to stay close to the Word of God and especially to the Word of God committed to him for this present dispensation:

"O Timothy, keep [guard] that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding...oppositions of science falsely so called" (I Tim. 6:20).

"Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

"That good thing which was committed unto thee keep [guard] by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us" (II Tim. 1:13,14).

In his letter to Titus the apostle declares that a bishop must be "blameless as the steward of God" (Titus 1:7).

"Holding fast the faithful Word... that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and convince the gainsayers" (Ver. 9).

Never does Paul advise even the strongest, most mature man of God to seek out the doctrines of those who "teach otherwise" so that they may know how to deal with them. He rather exhorts them to keep strong in the truth, ever ready to meet false doctrine with the Word of God.

When you are confronted with the familiar sign, "BEWARE OF THE DOG," be wise and keep out of the way. If you ignore the warning and have to flee torn and bruised, that is your fault. Nor can you expect God to protect you from spiritual harm and loss if you ignore His admonition to beware of false doctrine.

Do not presume: "I am mature. I will never be confused or overthrown by error." BEWARE! This is the course of obedience. This is the course of wisdom. This is the course of humility.

Every believer should remember that "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God...because they are spiritually discerned" (I Cor. 2:14). It was by the Spirit that our eyes were opened to the most vital truths which confront mankind. Therefore it behooves us to protect ourselves from error and spiritual harm by consistent, prayerful, believing study of that blessed Book of which the Spirit is the Author.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2003, 07:43:16 AM »

Well, I've been so busy reading everybody's favorite website that I've forgotten what this thread is all about!

LOL Tamara
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2003, 06:32:09 AM »

Well, I've been so busy reading everybody's favorite website that I've forgotten what this thread is all about!

LOL Tamara

Lots of meat Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2003, 04:04:33 PM »

GRACE BIBLE STUDY
Home Page
http://www.ourchurch.com/view/?pageID=100484

GRACE BIBLE STUDY
Are Paul's Acts Epistles Written to You?

The following is a list of some of the doctrines and commandments to the grafted Gentile of the Acts period. Ask yourself, are you observing these things to the letter and do they apply to you today?

1. You are commanded to hand over anyone who commits fornication to Satan for the destruction of the flesh (1 Cor. 5: 1-5).

Do you know of anyone who is committing fornication? Have you turned them over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh? Some try to spiritualize this, but clearly death was the sentence and was no different than the fate of Ananias and Sapphira for lying to the Holy Spirit (see Acts 5: 1-10).
2. If you are rich in faith (Gal. 3: 8,9) then you are Abraham's seed (Gal. 3:29) and blessed with your father Abraham in the New Jerusalem. Note: the New Jerusalem comes DOWN out of heaven to rest upon the earth (Rev.3:12, 21:10).

Is this your earthly hope? Are you Abraham's seed?

3. You could be "cut off" if you boasted of your position as a grafted in Gentile, (Rom.11:18-22). Are you a grafted Gentile? Does this apply to you today?

4. Is the New Jerusalem your Mother (Gal. 4:26)?

5. You are commanded to observe 4 NECESSARY things, (Acts 15:20), "But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood."
Do you obey these commandments to the letter?

6. The Jew is FIRST in blessing. That would make you, a Gentile, second (see Rom. 2:10).
Rom. 1:16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the JEW FIRST, and also to the Greek.
Does this apply to you today? Are you in second place concerning the gospel of Christ. Why not?

7. During that time many believers were given the gift of healing, (1 Cor. 12:9).
Can you heal today without hesitation or know of someone who can?

8. You are looking for the hope of the Second Coming at the "last trump" (1 Cor.1: 7,8). You will be returning with Christ to the earth to judge the world with Him (1 Cor. 6:2). Is this your hope? Please see this article for further study.

9. Are you a partaker of Israel's spiritual things? Rom. 15:25, 26

10. Do you take up offerings for Israel? Rom.15:26

11. Does the root (Israel) bear you and not the other way around? Rom. 11:17,18.

12. During the Acts there were 3 baptisms, the baptism of the Holy Ghost, a water baptism, and a baptism unto Christ's death. See this article for further study. Yet, we read in Paul's PRISON epistles that the Church has only ONE baptism (Eph.4:5). Why is it that you don't observe all three baptisms in Paul's Acts epistles?

Note: it has been said that Paul no longer baptized with water during the Acts. This is misleading. What Paul is saying in effect in 1 Cor. 1:17 is that his main purpose was to preach the gospel, not to baptize. Some understand that to mean that he stopped baptizing all together, but from the following verses it can be proven that Paul did not stop baptizing: Acts 16:33, 18:6-8, 19:1-6. Do you have 3 baptisms?

13. Are you spiritual ministers of the New Testament (covenant), Note: 'covenant' and 'testament' are the same Greek word, 'diatheke' (2 Cor. 3:6).
If so, you are commanded to "this do ye" and partake of the cup of the New Covenant (1 Cor. 11: 25,26) "TILL HE COME". Have you ever partaken of the cup of the New Testament unworthily? Paul wrote that those who did not partake of the cup worthily were "sick" and that some "sleep". What do you think "sleep" means in 1 Cor. 11: 29, 30? For an answer see John 11:11-14.
14. Paul gave you ordinances to observe. Why don't you observe them all at this time?
1 Cor. 11:2. Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

It has been shown that it would be difficult if not impossible to HONESTLY observe ALL the doctrines commanded to the grafted Gentile of the Acts period shown above. Surely you are not allowed to pick and choose which doctrines and commandments you would like to obey if you believe that Paul's Acts epistles are written to you. But if you find them difficult or impossible to obey, there's no need to worry. All difficulties will be removed once the Bible student recognizes that a NEW HOPE and calling applies to the faithful Gentile today. This new hope, the Mystery, began when God "SENT" His salvation to the Gentiles (Acts 28:28) after the divorce of Israel in Acts 28:23-27. All ordinances have been abolished.

Eph. 2:13. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15. Having ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17. And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Col. 2:13,14
13. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14. Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

And no longer is the Gentile blessed with father Abraham on the earth, but with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph.1:3, 2:6). The books written to this called out faithful company after Israel was set aside in blindness and the earthly Kingdom postponed are:
Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1&2 Timothy, Titus, and Philemon. We are told to set our affection on things ABOVE not on things of the earth. You won't find anything concerning Abraham or an earthly hope in those books. See this study for details concerning this hope. Search and See.

Col. 3:1. If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2003, 05:08:26 AM »

Are Paul's Acts Epistles Written to You?

Another good study Bro

Thanks

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2003, 01:10:14 PM »

JESUS LOVES ME
http://www.jesuslovesme.org/newWeb/pages/oneTrue.html

The Mystery Of The Cross

The distinctive message of Paul's gospel is the key that unlocks the Scriptures. Paul's gospel is as misunderstood and rejected today as he was in the first century. His gospel alone is the gospel of the good news of the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ. It reveals how that Christ died for (in the stead of, in the place of, because of) our sins according to the scriptures. It tells us that he was buried and rose again, according to the scriptures.

When Paul preached his gospel the only scriptures in existence, were what we know as the Old Testament. Paul, as a master of the scriptures, saw the only true interpretation of the Cross of Calvary is in the Old Testament passages that deal with atonement. The meaning of Calvary focused and he saw the crimson thread of the substitutionary atonement, from Genesis through Malachi. From Eden's gate to the Temple sacrifices, the drama of Calvary was foreshadowed. The great expositions of Paul on the meaning of Calvary came from Leviticus 16, Exodus 12, Genesis 22, Psalm 22, Isaiah 53, and other key passages. Jesus had given Israel clues to His true mission. He told them to read the story of Jonah and know what would happen at His death. He told them Abraham rejoiced to see His (Jesus') day, when the ram of God was caught in the thicket by his horns. Jesus told them to meditate on the brazen serpent lifted up to a dying people, and they would know what Calvary would mean. It is the Old Testament scriptures that tell the story of how God, in the person of His Son Jesus Christ, stepped into the sinner's place and stead and bore the wrath that was due him. Because he was a true substitute, He tasted the death that belonged to the sinner and descended into the darkness that awaited him. Jesus Christ satisfied God for all that was charged to the sinner, and was raised to be accepted in glory in the sinner's stead. This is the true gospel that saves the sinner from his sins and seperation from God. This gospel alone places him in Jesus Christ at the right hand of God! This is the true gospel that gives peace with God and absolute assurance of salvation. This is the gospel that fixes our eyes on Christ our righteousness, not our filthy rags of dead works.

Religion talks about Calvary, but few preachers have any comprehension of what really happened there. They prattle on about Good Friday, Palm Sunday, Easter morning and the rest of the religious rags of tradition. Few know of Wednesday's crucifixion or the fulfillment of Passover and its Lamb. The churches never speak of the three days and nights Jesus spent in the heart of the earth. Paul said he descended to the lower parts of the earth, or as in Romans 10:7, the "abussos" or bottomless pit. He did not spend three days and nights in the pit, but in the lower parts of the earth, known as Hades. His visit to the pit was only to leave the sins of the world that He bore away at the Cross of Calvary. This is where He took them and from which they will never return to doom and damn the believing sinner. Before the day of His death had ended, Jesus crossed the great gulf that seperated the rich man and Abraham, and met the believing thief in Paradise.

At His resurrection He emptied Paradise of the Old Testament saints, and took them with Him as proof of His victory over sin, death and Hell. There is so little preaching of Jesus' ascension to His Father and our Father, His God and our God. It is Paul who tells us that Jesus, as the High Priest of heaven, sprinkled His eternal and incorruptible blood on the mercy seat of heaven for the eternal redemption of all who would believe. (See: John 20 and Hebrews 9:11-14) No wonder Paul was the most hated man of his time. Paul's true gospel ends man's pride and his pitiful efforts to establish his own righteousness in the sight of God. Righteousness cannot be obtained by obeying the golden rule, practicing the beatitudes, reciting the Lord's prayer or the Apostle's creed. Man cannot be saved by doing penance at the command of some earthly priest or preacher, or repeating meaningless creeds and learning dead dogmas. Paul's gospel rends the veil between man and God from top to bottom. It leaves nothing between the sinner and God but the torn veil of Jesus' body and the altar of heaven sprinkled with a better blood than Abel's. There, God the Father welcomes all who will, to enter boldly!

Make sure you are rightly dividing the word of God. Make sure you are hearing the true gospel. Believe in your heart the record God gave of His Son. Here it is: God made Jesus Christ a substitute in judgment for you and in return, gives you the riches of His grace. This is a free translation of this blessed gospel as found in II Cor.5:21:

Thou Lord Jesus art my righteousness
And I am thy sin;
Thou hast taken what was mine
And given me what was Thine;
What Thou wast not, Thou didst become,
That I might become what I was not.

The godly One substituted for the ungodly and God is satisfied for eternity with the finished work of His Son Jesus Christ! God will freely impute His own righteousness, to the believing sinner. This is the only true gospel and it is the good news we are spreading by the Jesus Loves Me Ministry. Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth and check out what we offer. Our heart's desire is that in all things, Jesus Christ shall have the preeminence. May you see no man, save Jesus only--the proof of God's love and incredible grace!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2003, 08:44:41 PM »

The Writings of Clyde Pilkington
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Cyprus/3717/clyde.html

A FORGOTTEN TRADITION

Often, when we speak of tradition, there is one that we have forgotten. It must be remembered that there is another, godly tradition that we are to follow. It is the Pauline tradition.

"Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle"(II Thessalonians 2:15).

"Now, we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us"(II Thessalonians 3:6).

We are to receive the traditions of Paul because:

(1) He is our DIVINELY appointed pattern.

"Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting" (I Timothy 1:16).

A pattern is "that which is to be copied or imitated" (Webster), "a sketch for imitation" (Strong).

Therefore, Paul writes:

"And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes, that ye may learn in us . . ." (I Corinthians 4:6).

"Wherefore I beseech you that you, be ye followers of me. For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus . . . who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ . . ." (I Corinthians 4:16,17).

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (I Corinthians 11:1).

"Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do . . ." (Philippians 4:9).

"But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life . . ." (II Timothy 3:10)

(2) He is our DIVINELY appointed apostle.

"For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office" (Romans 11:13).

(3) To him has been committed this current DISPENSATION.

"For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, if ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward" (Ephesians 3:1,2).

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God" (Colossians 1:25).

This current dispensation was committed to Paul as a trust.

". . . a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (I Corinthians 9:17).

"According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust" (Timothy 1:11).

". . . the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me . . ."(Galatians 2:7).

"But hath in due times manifest His word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour" (Titus 1:3).

The word commit means "to give in trust; to put into the hands or power of another; to entrust; to put into any place for preservation; to deposit" (Webster), "to deposit (as a trust or for protection), to entrust" Strong (#3908, #4100).

The word trust means a "charge received in confidence; that which is committed to one's care; something committed to a person's care for use or management, and for which an account must be rendered" (Webster).

As we receive the truth of this dispensation, we also receive the dispensation itself.

". . . which is given me to you-ward" (Ephesians 3:2).

". . . which is given to me for you" (Colossians 1:25).

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust . . . And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also"(I Timothy 6:20; II Timothy 2:2).

Why was Timothy to commit his trust to faithful men?

"Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful" (I Corinthians 4:2).

We now have a trusteeship that has been committed to our own trust. We need to be faithful to Paul's pattern — Paul's tradition — and be ever so careful of the traditions of men!

Are we following Paul's traditions, or man's?

Clyde Pilkington

Gladstone, VA

------------------------------------------------------------
Visit Clyde's web site at http://www.pilkingtonandsons.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2003, 09:35:24 PM »

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Adelaide Grace Ministries
http://www.geocities.com/adelaidegrace/
Berean Workman
http://www.bereanworkman.com/
Grace Alive
http://www.gracealive.us/index.html
Grace For Today
http://www.gracefortoday.org/
But Now org.
http://www.butnow.org/
Grace Points
http://www.gracepoints.com/index.php
GraceLife Bible Studies
http://www.gmaf.org/studies.html
Bible Ambassadors
http://www.bibleambassadors.org/index.html
Studying The Bible
A webpage dedicated to studying the Word of God
http://www.fortunecity.com/millennium/treearbor/603/studymain.html
Eternal Life Ministries, Inc.
http://members.ccgnv.net/elm/
Grace Age Church
http://www.graceagechurch.com/index.htm
Grace and The Truth Ministry
http://www.graceandthetruth.com/home2.htm
Grace Bible Church
Chattanooga Tennessee
Pastor : Steve Atwood
http://www.understandingyourbible.com/
Grace Bible Church
1450 Oak Hill Road
Fort Worth, TX 76112-3017
(817) 451-0937
Gregg Bing, Pastor
Charles Wages, Pastor Emeritus
http://www.gracebiblechurch-fw.com/?subpages/default.shtml
Suncoast Bible Fellowship
http://www.suncoastbible.org/
Berean Bible Church
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
http://www.grace2day.com/
Bible Doctrines to Live By, Inc.
http://www.bdtlb.org/phpshop/
A Little Light Bible Fellowship
http://www.alittlelight.org/
Faith Bible Church
http://www.bygracethrufaith.org/
GEMS OF GRACE TRUTH
Parsons Publishing Company
http://parsonspublishingcompany.com/
The Magnified Word
http://www.magnifiedword.com/index2.htm
Enjoy The Bible Ministries
http://www.enjoythebible.org/
Grace Bible Church located in Warren, Michigan
http://www.rightlydividing.org/
Grace Bible Ministries
presents DICTIONARY OF THE GOSPEL
by Thomas M. Bruscha
http://www.gracebibleministries.org/GBMstudies/DictGospel/DictofGospel.htm
Berean Bible Church
http://www.bereanbiblechurch.com/
The Crusader's Home Page
http://members.aol.com/CRUSADER1S/index.html
Grace Impact
THINGS THAT DIFFER
BY C. R. STAM
The Berean Bible Society
GRACE BIBLE STUDY
Home Page
JESUS LOVES ME

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2003, 06:27:47 AM »

Adelaide Grace Ministries
http://www.geocities.com/adelaidegrace/
Berean Workman
http://www.bereanworkman.com/
Grace Alive
http://www.gracealive.us/index.html
Grace For Today
http://www.gracefortoday.org/
But Now org.
http://www.butnow.org/
Grace Points
http://www.gracepoints.com/index.php
GraceLife Bible Studies
http://www.gmaf.org/studies.html
Bible Ambassadors
http://www.bibleambassadors.org/index.html
Studying The Bible
A webpage dedicated to studying the Word of God
http://www.fortunecity.com/millennium/treearbor/603/studymain.html
Eternal Life Ministries, Inc.
http://members.ccgnv.net/elm/
Grace Age Church
http://www.graceagechurch.com/index.htm
Grace and The Truth Ministry
http://www.graceandthetruth.com/home2.htm
Grace Bible Church
Chattanooga Tennessee
Pastor : Steve Atwood
http://www.understandingyourbible.com/
Grace Bible Church
1450 Oak Hill Road
Fort Worth, TX 76112-3017
(817) 451-0937
Gregg Bing, Pastor
Charles Wages, Pastor Emeritus
http://www.gracebiblechurch-fw.com/?subpages/default.shtml
Suncoast Bible Fellowship
http://www.suncoastbible.org/
Berean Bible Church
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
http://www.grace2day.com/
Bible Doctrines to Live By, Inc.
http://www.bdtlb.org/phpshop/
A Little Light Bible Fellowship
http://www.alittlelight.org/
Faith Bible Church
http://www.bygracethrufaith.org/
GEMS OF GRACE TRUTH
Parsons Publishing Company
http://parsonspublishingcompany.com/
The Magnified Word
http://www.magnifiedword.com/index2.htm
Enjoy The Bible Ministries
http://www.enjoythebible.org/
Grace Bible Church located in Warren, Michigan
http://www.rightlydividing.org/
Grace Bible Ministries
presents DICTIONARY OF THE GOSPEL
by Thomas M. Bruscha
http://www.gracebibleministries.org/GBMstudies/DictGospel/DictofGospel.htm
Berean Bible Church
http://www.bereanbiblechurch.com/
The Crusader's Home Page
http://members.aol.com/CRUSADER1S/index.html
Grace Impact
THINGS THAT DIFFER
BY C. R. STAM
The Berean Bible Society
GRACE BIBLE STUDY
Home Page
JESUS LOVES ME

Are you going to most more Brother?

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2003, 04:13:53 PM »

"Paul's Grace Message"
http://www.voy.com/21122/

PART 1 of 3

The Great Blunder Of The Church

By Pastor J.C O'Hair

In writing of "The Great Blunder Of The Church" we are giving special attention to the great blunder of confusing and mixing the hope, calling and program of the Church, which is designated, "the body of Christ." Many have been taught the great blunder of mixing law and grace, which mixture produces a perverted gospel which subverts the soul. But the great blunder, to which we refer, which includes frustrating the grace of God by bringing into the reign of grace some of Israel's program from under the reign of the law, goes far beyond that. Many spiritual "grace" preachers, who would never intentionally mix law and grace, do mix the "kingdom of heaven" program, in the synoptic gospels and in the book of Acts with the program designated "the dispensation of the grace God." They also failed to rightly divide the word of truth as to the different ministries of Peter and Paul, as stated in Galatians 2:7 to 9.

It must be obvious to any one who gives the matter even a little thoughtful consideration, that plenty of blunders have been made to bring about the present condition in Christendom, with the Christian Church divided into more than two hundred sects and factions, preaching messages that differ in many points, and carrying on many different spiritual programs. In as much as the Lord Jesus Christ was, and is omniscient, He is not surprised at the confusion, rivalry, competition and controversies in His divided Church; but surely it must grieve Him. According to His own words, "a house divided against itself cannot stand. "Matthew 12:25. Therefore, the visible church organizations are doomed to an awful fall. We thank our Heavenly Father that there are on earth, and in heaven, many sinners are saved by grace, who are joined to the Lord Jesus in an eternal inseparable union, members of the one body mentioned in Ephesians 4:4 and described in Paul’s epistles. This the true Church will be salvaged out of the wreck and ruin of Christendom.

Any Christian or Bible reader, does not see in the scripture the fact that there is but one Church of Christ in this particular "grace" period in which we live, and in which men have lived for nearly 1900 years, must be incurably stupid. Hear God's plain statement:" there is one body." Ephesians 4:4.

Romans 12:4 and 5

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another."

Yes, God has but one true Bible Church in this particular age of grace, and the one Head of the one Body is the Lord Jesus Christ, the glorified Son of God in heaven.

1 Corinthians 12:13

"For by one Spirit are we all BAPTIZED into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Ephesians 2:15

"Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain ONE NEW MAN, so making peace."

"One Body ". "One New Man". "Christ and His Church one Flesh." "Ephesians 5:30 and 31.

We repeat that the one and only Head of the one True Body (Church) is the Lord Jesus Christ Who is in the heavens. Ephesians 1:19 to 22. In striving to emerge from the dark ages denominationalism undoubtedly has been unavoidable. In some instance it has safeguarded weak and ignorant Christians. But surely it has been the trick of Satan to cover up the glorious truths in God's Book concerning the hope, calling, program and destiny of the one true Bible Church which is the Body of Christ.

In speaking of the sad spectacle of the Church on earth, so hopelessly divided that nothing but the coming of Christ can ever bring His saints together, we are not referring to the division known as "Roman Catholicism" and "Protestantism." The Romanist claim over two hundred million adherents. They are so completely Judaized that the communicants have to be saved in spite of the perverted doctrines and unscriptual practices included in heir ritualistic religion. There is utterly no hop for them except as the individual Romanist is delivered by the gospel of the grace of God from his mixture of Judaism, Christianity and paganism.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the