Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:45:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Dying friend and the gospel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dying friend and the gospel  (Read 3219 times)
WhitehorseToo

Distinct llamaic sympathies

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2003, 07:24:09 PM »

Thank you so much for your prayers. Sad to say, she is very bitter; she's kind of shutting down and driving people out of her life. That sounds like a good book-thanks for the suggestion! I'll get a copy for her and see if she'll read it.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2003, 10:23:26 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Whitehorse,

I'm very sorry to hear about the condition of your friend becoming worse. I will keep your friend in my prayers. I was one of the primary care givers when my dad passed away. I played gospel music quite a bit, and he seemed to enjoy that. We also read the Bible quite a bit. However, those were the two things my dad enjoyed the most during his life, The Holy Bible and Gospel music. That might be a fairly good idea anyway just to try.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2003, 05:46:10 PM »

Thank you so much. Great Idea, BEP. Maybe it will soothe her and she'll be able to hear the message more readily that way. THanks for the idea!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2003, 06:22:08 PM »

You are most welcome. I know and understand how difficult that situation is, magnified 100 times if the person isn't saved. I will continue to pray for your friend.

Love In Christ,
Tom

chanelle

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2003, 10:37:19 PM »

I am praying for your friend, that her heart may open to accept the mercy and love of Christ, that she could be healed if it be in the will of God and that you will have peace about this also Whitehorse.  

I didn't read all the posts about this, but skimmed them.  I just wanted to suggest if somehow maybe it was forgotton, there is GRACE.  No one deserves salvation, no not one.  Maybe if the gospel was presented to your friend in that way, she may understand that there is nothing she can do to earn forgiveness but how freely she can accept it.  Just suggesting to you Whitehorse, I know you have prayerfully considered my own difficulties in the past, and I was so grateful because someone took time to THINK and PRAY for me.  I now have the chance to do the same.  May God bless you sister and your life.  May the Holy Spirit bring the right words and actions to you for your beloved friend and for whtatever else you face.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2003, 11:04:43 PM »

Hmmm, I guess the movie idea not so hot, huh.

How's it going, on this.   Still bitter, I guess.

Facing death, or being very ill isn't very much fun.  Serious stuff...
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2003, 11:08:05 PM »

I tried the movie suggestion, but she said she wouldn't like any movies that we do. I asked what kind she would like to see, and she said, "I don't like your kind of movies."

Hm. Yeah, it must be really hard to not know Christ and know you're dying. I think she's more comfortable covering her eyes from it, but eternity is ever so long to regret that. I'm really, really worried about her. She's really bitter. Everyone seems to be drifting from her and it's sad because this is when she needs people most.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2003, 11:24:48 PM »

I tried the movie suggestion, but she said she wouldn't like any movies that we do. I asked what kind she would like to see, and she said, "I don't like your kind of movies."

Boy, isn't that the way it is.  Once someone has a "fix" on us, it's like from then on it doesn't matter what unfolds from our being--all is unexceptable.

Hmmm, I don't know.  I guess prayer and being ready, or looking for any opportunity that presents itself.

I have several like this on the griddle right now--two very clear ones.

They aren't dying--at least "knowingly"--hehe--we're all "dying", actually--but each is seemingly as impermnable(sp) as bulletproof glass.  In each one I'm totally powerless.  One is so sensitive, even the slightest wrong gesture, or any gesture at all, is like trying to set a mousetrap.  No false moves!!

The other one, no matter how I turn it around in side of my head three dimensionally, I can't find a way to resolve or "make" it work...
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2003, 11:50:26 PM »

Isn't that the truth! Eggshell relationships are the worst. They make it so hard to do our jobs!

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2003, 11:58:19 PM »

Whitehorse....

WhitehorseToo....

I'm so confused.     Embarrassed
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2003, 12:03:25 AM »

I sahwee. I a ideeit.

I locked myself out of my account because I changed my email, which when you do that, you get a new password automatically assigned to you. But I typoed my email, like everything else, twice, and so I couldn't get my new password. So until I knew why I was locked out, I decided to become WhitehorseToo because I couldn't stand to part from you fine folks for a day or two.

I'm on vacation and powerforuming my brains out. So I can't think at all. One of three very embarassing mistakes today. I need coffee. But it wont do me any good because I have to drink decaf. But I can pretenmd I'm more awake. So I'm tired and jest can't sleep.

So I a natural dumdum today.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2003, 12:36:33 AM »

I'm on vacation and powerforuming my brains out. So I can't think at all. One of three very embarassing mistakes today. I need coffee. But it wont do me any good because I have to drink decaf. But I can pretenmd I'm more awake. So I'm tired and jest can't sleep.

So I a natural dumdum today.

If you can't have coffee, just drink some Tabasco. That will livin' you right up. Get you a big gulp and don't waste it by drinking water. Just run 'till you cool off and you'll be wide awake and ready to go.   Grin

I'm praying for you and your friend.

In Christ,
Tom  

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2003, 12:10:23 AM »

Heeheehee! I almost spit up my hot chocolate reading that!  Cheesy

KiwiChristian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2003, 09:30:46 PM »

I'm really sorry about your friend Whitehorse.
You're both in my prayers.
I had a friend who died of Cystic Fibrosis just on 10 years ago and I had just become a christian about two weeks before she died and I still wish to this day that I had shared Jesus with her.  I know my friend and your friend had/have two completely different illnesses but I certainly know what it is like to lose someone close you to.
Blessings to you and your friend.

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2003, 10:46:04 PM »

Thank you for your kind words and your prayers-I truly appreciate it. I'm sorry for your loss, too; it must be very hard. Heaven is going to be so sweet-no more of this. Blessings to you too, my friend.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the