Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:06:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Laughter (Good Medicine) (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Laughter - Good Medicine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laughter - Good Medicine  (Read 362642 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 17, 2004, 02:27:30 AM »

Here is a groaner in honor of BlackEyedPeas and the tenth anniversary of the Simpson low speed chase.

Q.  Why do cops in LA drink coffee with their donuts?

A.  It takes them three hours to get OJ.

Oklahoma Howdy to Michael_Legna,

Grin   Grin  Whew!!! - That case showed that the criminal justice system doesn't work when big money is involved. I know some excellent officers in LA who will always have heartburn over that case. Besides, coffee is the only thing that goes really well with donuts.   Grin  The Oklahoma version of that chase would have taken about 5 minutes.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #436 on: June 17, 2004, 08:18:36 PM »

This is a fun thread so i removed my post. Now if ya didn't read it you can wonder what i said... Grin  And besides this is a man only thread so i am outahere!  Shocked
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 08:19:36 PM by Reba » Logged
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: June 18, 2004, 01:56:14 AM »

Martha Stewart's tips for rednecks
1. Never take a beer to a job interview.
2. Always identify people in your yard before shooting at them.
3. It's considered tacky to take a cooler to church.
4. If you have to vacuum the bed, it is time to change the sheets.
5. Even if you're certain that you are included in the will, it is still considered tacky to drive a U-Haul to the funeral home.

DINING OUT
1. When decanting wine, make sure that you tilt the paper cup, and pour slowly so as not to "bruise" the fruit of the vine.
2. If drinking directly from the bottle, always hold it with your fingers covering the label.

ENTERTAINING IN YOUR HOME
1. A centerpiece for the table should never be anything prepared by a taxidermist.
2. Do not allow the dog to eat from the table...no matter how good his manners are.

PERSONAL HYGIENE
1. While ears need to be cleaned regularly, this is a job that should be done in private using one's OWN truck keys.
2. Proper use of toiletries can forestall bathing for several days. However, if you live alone, deodorant is a waste of good money.
3. Dirt and grease under the fingernails is a social no-no, as they tend to detract from a woman's jewelry and alter the taste of finger foods.

DATING (Outside the Family)
1. Always offer to bait your date's hook, especially on the first date.
2. Be aggressive. Let her know you're interested: "I've been wanting to go out with you since I read that stuff on the bathroom wall two years ago."
3. Establish with her parents what time she is expected back.  Some will say 10:00 PM; others might say "Monday." If the latter is the answer, it is the man's responsibility to get her to school on time.

THEATER ETIQUETTE
1. Crying babies should be taken to the lobby and picked up immediately after the movie has ended.
2. Refrain from talking to characters on the screen. Tests have proven they can't hear you.

WEDDINGS
1. Livestock is usually a poor choice for a wedding gift.
2. Kissing the bride for more than 5 seconds may get you shot.
3. For the groom, at least, rent a tux.  A leisure suit with a gotcha63bund and clean bowling shirt can create a tacky appearance.
4. Though uncomfortable, say "yes" to socks and shoes for this special occasion.

DRIVING ETIQUETTE
1. Dim your headlights for approaching vehicles; even if the gun is loaded and the deer is in sight.
2. When approaching a four-way stop, the vehicle with the largest tires always has the right of way.
3. Never tow another car using panty hose and duct tape.
4. When sending your wife down the road with a gas can, it is impolite to ask her to bring back beer too.
5. Do not lay rubber while traveling in a funeral procession.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: June 18, 2004, 01:58:45 AM »

35 top oxymoron's

35. State worker  
34. Legally drunk
33. Exact estimate
32. Act naturally
31. Found missing
30. Resident alien
29. Genuine imitation
28. Airline Food
27. Good grief
26. Government organization
25. Sanitary landfill
24. Alone together
23. Small crowd
22. Business ethics
21. Soft rock
20. Butt Head
19. Military Intelligence
18. Sweet sorrow
17. Rural Metro (ambulance service)
16. "Now, then ..."
15. Passive aggression
14. Clearly misunderstood
13. Peace force
12. Extinct Life
11. Plastic glasses
10. Terribly pleased
9. Computer security
8. Political science
7. Tight slacks
6. Definite maybe
5. Pretty ugly
4. Rap music
3. Working vacation
2. States tolerance

And the number one top Oxymoron.... 1. Microsoft Works

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: June 18, 2004, 02:01:56 AM »

Sign in a gas station: Coke -- 49 cents. Two for a dollar.
I was signing the receipt for my credit card purchase when the clerk noticed that I had never signed my name on the back of the credit card. She informed me that she could not complete the transaction unless the card was signed. When I asked why, she explained that it was necessary to compare the signature on the credit card with the signature I just signed on the receipt. So I signed the credit card in front of her. She carefully compared that signature to the one I signed on the receipt. As luck would have it, they matched.

At a grocery store in San Jose, they have new credit card/bank card readers at the checkout stands. If you don't know how to orient your card to swipe it through the reader, the checkout person will say, "Strip down, face toward me."

A customer at a sub shop ordered "a small soda." The owner responded, "I'm sorry, sir, but  we don't have small, just medium and large." (Both cost 99 cents.) The kicker came when the customer, a rather well-dressed business type, disappointedly said, "Okay, I guess I'll just have to have the medium then." Roll Eyes

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: June 18, 2004, 02:03:16 AM »

Idiots and Geography:
After interviewing a particularly short-spoken job candidate, I described the person to my boss as rather monosyllabic. My boss said, Really? Where is Monosyllabia?" Thinking that he was just kidding, I played along and said that it was just south of Elbonia. He replied, "Oh, you mean over by Croatia?

Advice for Idiots:
An actual tip from page 16 of the HP "Environmental, Health & Safety Handbook for Employees. Blink your eyelids periodically to lubricate your eyes.

Idiots in the Neighborhood:
I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: Many deer were being hit by cars and he no longer wanted them to cross there.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: June 18, 2004, 02:04:00 AM »

Idiots and Computers:
My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have problems with their computers. One night he got a call from a woman in one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got smoke coming from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"

Idiots In Food Services:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the individual behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg.

Idiots Do Math:
A co-worker was telling us about her sister who was coming to visit her for the holidays. Someone asked how old her sister was, at which she paused, thought for a bit, and then answered, "She's half as old as I am, that's how I always remember." So someone else (okay, it was me) said, "That's neat... So every year that you age, she only ages half a year?" My co-worker thought about that, and then said, "Oh, yeah, I guess it only works on even years."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: June 26, 2004, 02:02:46 AM »

Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, but when they lit a fire in the boat it sank -- proving once and for all that you can't have your kayak and heat it, too.

Two boll weevils grew up in South Carolina. One went to Hollywood and became a famous actor. The other stayed behind in the cotton fields and never amounted to much. The second one, naturally, became known as the lesser of two weevils.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: June 26, 2004, 02:03:19 AM »

A mushroom walks into a bar, sits down and orders a drink. The bartender says, "We don't serve mushrooms here." The mushroom says, "Why?! I'm a fun guy!"

A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He sidles up to the bar and announces: "I'm lookin' for the man who shot my paw."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: June 26, 2004, 02:04:23 AM »

This guy goes into a restaurant for a Christmas breakfast while in his home town for the holidays. After looking over the menu he says, "I'll just have the eggs benedict." His order comes a while later and it's served on a huge fancy chrome plate. He asks the waiter, "What's with the fancy plate?" The
waiter replies, "There's no plate like chrome for the hollandaise!"

Very early one morning two birds are sitting at the side of a large puddle of oil. They see a worm on the other side. So...the one flies over and the other one swims through. Which one gets to the worm first? The one who swam, of course, because "Da oily boid gets da woim."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: June 26, 2004, 02:04:56 AM »

When she told me I was average she was just being mean.

A neutron goes into a bar and asks the bartender, "How much for a beer?"
The bartender replies, "For you, no charge."

Two molecules are walking down the street and they run in to each other.
One says to the other, "Are you all right?"
"No, I lost an electron!"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive!"

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: June 26, 2004, 02:06:00 AM »

There was a man who entered a local paper's pun contest. He sent in ten different puns in the hope that at least one of the puns would win.
Unfortunately... no pun in ten did.

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused his dentist's Novocaine during root canal work? He wanted to transcend dental medication.  Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: June 26, 2004, 02:07:21 AM »

A doctor made it his regular habit to stop off at a bar for a hazelnut daiquiri on his way home. The bartender knew of his habit and would always have the drink waiting at precisely 5:03 p.m. One afternoon, as the end of the work day approached, the bartender was dismayed to find that he was out of hazelnut extract. Thinking quickly, he threw together a daiquiri made with hickory nuts and set it on the bar. The doctor came in at his regular time, took one sip of the drink and exclaimed, "This isn't a hazelnut daiquiri!" "No, I'm sorry," replied the bartender... "it's a hickory daiquiri, doc."

I know some real groaners tonight. Roll Eyes

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 26, 2004, 09:41:32 PM »

Dreamweaver Said:

Thanks brother - I needed those laughs.

I want to know how in the world Bill Gates sold XP.   Grin

After fighting with the OS for over a week, I am now an administrator of a one person network with one computer that almosts works now.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: June 28, 2004, 10:23:07 PM »

Dreamweaver Said:

Thanks brother - I needed those laughs.

I want to know how in the world Bill Gates sold XP.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom
Your welcome bep Grin

He sold XP through people trusting him. And being greedy, which is a sin. Sad

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 192 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the