Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:51:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  THE CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT – THEN AND NOW
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT – THEN AND NOW  (Read 26332 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2004, 01:21:35 PM »

Dear Gary Cook, would you like a job writeing comic-books?  Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2004, 01:34:21 PM »

ARE you asking ,LEAN BNOT TOO YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING ? This means we are not too smart ,our little brain need help to understand .SO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST GAVE US THE HOLY SPIRIT TO REVEAL TRUTH TOO US .WITH OUT HIM ?WE KNOW VERY LITTLE .WITH HIM WE CAN DO ALL THINGS .
YOU CAN RECIEVE THIS WONDERFUL TRUTH OR NOT ?
are you asking about not needing and man too teach us ?
WE DO NOT .BECAUSE THE HOLY SPIRITS JOBH WITH IN US ?IS TO TEACH US .IF WWE ARE WILLING .OF COURSE ,IF WE ARE NOT BORN AGAIN ?HE IS NOT WITH IN US .SO WE HAVE ONLY OUR WEAK UNDERSTANDING .YOU KNOW satan has know the bible for long before we were born ?but has little or no understanding .BECAUSE the SPIRIT OF TRUTH gives understanding .HE must reveal it to some one or us .before we know much of anything .
I once wondered ?When JESUS CHRIST SAID HE WAS KIND OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS .WHO WERE THESE LORDS AND KINGS ?WE ARE THOSE .There will be none others on the earth one day but those born of GOD HIM .and maybe the angels and maybe some others creatures HE HAS MADE
Rev 19:16  And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Rev 1:5  And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Rev

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2004, 04:35:04 PM »

dang gary...could you do something about the caps man...either type everything in caps or write everything in lower case letters, because it's really hard to read what you're typing...being on a computer and having glasses hurts my eyes to keep adjusting to the size of the words. and another thing...dang dude...11 kids...i'm surprised you ain't gone bonkers yet...but then again, from reading your posts...i can see how one could think that with the flipping of the caps and the lower case letters...sheesh. My parents had 2 kids...me and my bro...we were a handful in our selves. Anywho...i'm off to finish my paper...be blessed.

In His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2004, 05:36:59 PM »

dang gary...could you do something about the caps man...either type everything in caps or write everything in lower case letters, because it's really hard to read what you're typing...being on a computer and having glasses hurts my eyes to keep adjusting to the size of the words.
In His Service,
Joshua
Amen!!

I now have a migrain from adjusting font size. Because of the lower case/upper case type, I wear glasses too.

Resting in the Lords word.
Bob

Patzt

I'm a blood bought child of God!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2004, 05:47:33 PM »

dang gary...could you do something about the caps man...either type everything in caps or write everything in lower case letters, because it's really hard to read what you're typing...being on a computer and having glasses hurts my eyes to keep adjusting to the size of the words.
In His Service,
Joshua
Amen!!

I now have a migrain from adjusting font size. Because of the lower case/upper case type, I wear glasses too.

Resting in the Lords word.
Bob

Is it just me that sees all of the many, many question marks?  If it's just me, why am I seeing them in Gary's posts?  It's very distracting.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2004, 04:39:07 AM »

dang gary...could you do something about the caps man...either type everything in caps or write everything in lower case letters, because it's really hard to read what you're typing...being on a computer and having glasses hurts my eyes to keep adjusting to the size of the words. and another thing...dang dude...11 kids...i'm surprised you ain't gone bonkers yet...but then again, from reading your posts...i can see how one could think that with the flipping of the caps and the lower case letters...sheesh. My parents had 2 kids...me and my bro...we were a handful in our selves. Anywho...i'm off to finish my paper...be blessed.

In His Service,
Joshua

he is Speaking in Tongues when he is writeing  Grin

<Smiley))><
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2004, 10:46:01 PM »

SOrry but i gotta take a chuckle at that...that was interesting considering we just tackled that subject a few threads ago....Smiley Let's not get it started in here too. LOL. I got good news i got 105 on my protestant reformation report...4 pages long, but the teacher says its great. Ok i'm outta here for tonight...i'll catch up with you guys in the morning. God Bless ya.

In His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2004, 04:05:18 AM »

SOrry but i gotta take a chuckle at that...that was interesting considering we just tackled that subject a few threads ago....Smiley Let's not get it started in here too. LOL. I got good news i got 105 on my protestant reformation report...4 pages long, but the teacher says its great. Ok i'm outta here for tonight...i'll catch up with you guys in the morning. God Bless ya.

In His Service,
Joshua

Grin

<Smiley))><
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2004, 05:04:18 AM »

In the Image of Christ
Colossians 3:8-11

“The Power of God?”

“For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where [is] the wise? where [is] the scribe? where [is] the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."  1Cor.1:17-24

Nowadays it is common to hear people talk about the power of God. Many people testify of how the power of God has healed them of some sickness or blessed them with financial wealth, or caused them to speak in tongues. Today many so-called faith healers boldly proclaim that they have been anointed with power from on high. They display so-called healings and other signs and (lying) wonders to make people believe they’ve been anointed by God’s mighty power. Many of them claim that Jesus manifests Himself bodily in their presence and instructs them of His will. It is amazing the stunts that these charlatans come up with to deceive people into believing that they are anointed with the power of God. In fact, like showmen or entertainers, they keep trying to outdo each other in their rise to fame and power. One man blows his breath at people and they fall over backwards as if knocked out by some power or force. They call this stunt being slain in the Spirit, which by the way, is something you never see in the Scriptures. Is this man really anointed with the power of God, or does he just have a case of really bad breath? Another man claims it was a 900-foot tall Jesus that spoke with him, apparently the manifestation of a normal size Jesus was too common and unspectacular. It doesn’t take long nowadays for a new signs and wonders fad to come along and take the spotlight and center stage, and as time goes on they are getting stranger and stranger.

Dear friends, the power of God is not a circus sideshow as it is so commonly portrayed today. It is not signs and wonders as many of today’s swindlers want you to believe. The true power of God is displayed in the preaching of the cross and seeing lost souls saved from the wrath of God and inheriting eternal life, as the above texts points out. I’m amazed when I watch some of the signs and wonders performers today; their focus is on health, wealth and the signs and wonders that they claim God does through them, and yet you hardly ever see them focus on the gospel. They have huge audiences coming to them seeking a sign, or healing, or to watch them perform their tricks. It has become a form of “Christian entertainment.” Jesus Himself warned against such things in the book of Matthew:

“Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of  the prophet Jonas: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth”    (Matt. 12:38-40).

Jesus said it was an evil and adulterous generation, not a righteous and godly one that sought after signs. What’s so amazing in this verse is that the only sign that Jesus was going to give them was the sign of Jonas who was in the belly of a great fish for three days and nights, which was a figure of the Lord’s burial in the heart of the earth. Jesus was pointing them to His sacrificial death, burial and resurrection by this figure. The only sign Jesus was going to give them was the gospel. Our passage from 1 Cor. 1 above says that the Jews require a sign and that the cross was a stumbling block for them. How sad it is that these people missed out on the gospel that could save their souls because their focus was on signs and wonders instead of Jesus Christ and the cross.

Those who are seeking after signs thinking that the signs are the power of God are deceiving themselves. The Bible warns about a man that will deceive most of the world by his power, signs and lying wonders, in 2 Thessalonians chapter 2:

“And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved”    (2 Thess. 2:8-10).

This man will be the antichrist, and he will use signs and wonders to deceive the people of the world. Those who think that signs and wonders are the way God manifest His power will easily be deceived by the antichrist who is possessed by Satan himself. In fact, the antichrist will proclaim himself to be God, and most of the world will worship him as such. It’s no wonder then that Jesus said it was an evil and adulterous generation that sought after a sign.

Remember, the true display of God’s power is the preaching of the gospel which has the power to save those who believe. The apostle Paul knew the true power of God and made it clear in 1 Cor. 1:17-24. He wrote the same thing to the Romans:

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek”    (Rom. 1:16).

Dear friend, the only way to experience the true power of God in your life is by repenting of your sins and believing the gospel. Even if these so-called faith healers could make you healthy and wealthy someday, you are still going to die and meet your Creator, who will judge you (Heb. 9:27).  If you have repented of your old sinful ways of life and believed the preaching of the cross of Jesus, you will inherit eternal life. If the cross is a stumbling block to you and your life has never been transformed by the saving power of the cross of Jesus Christ, you will be damned and experience the second death, which is to be thrown into the lake of fire, where there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth for all eternity (Rev. 20:11-15).  Allow me to give you some sound advice, call on the Name of the Lord Jesus while there’s still time to be saved (Rom. 10:9-13). Don’t put it off another day, by then it might be to late (2 Cor. 6:2).

Visit our web site for more articles and information at  http://nlbchapel.org

Also read:  "I Speak in Tongues More Than You All"  http://users.bigpond.net.au/joeflorence/tongues.html

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2004, 05:08:23 AM »

Enjoyed your message “The Power of God?”, thanks for posting it Pilgrim.

<Smiley))><
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2004, 12:08:53 AM »

well ,i can not speak for these men ,you speak of .nor will i judge them ?but god is in control .if he can use an ass  or make rocks cry out .he can use these .but as I posted .we are spirits 1st .he is going to deal with our spirits 1st .then our soul [our mind ]and maybe or not our flesh ? but he told me not long ago .to not seek wealth .because with it comes great problems .i have enough .but not too bad .as he is with me forever more .what ever state i am .i really am happy . i am blessed in every way .i have had 11 kids ,every one healthy and smart .i have messed up much in my life .he has always set it right .i for give myself .because he has for giving me .and i have no right to not for me .i am humble because i see how small i am .i know i could do nothing with out him .i have no problem believing this .i think i am less than most .because if my lord had caused another to experiance all the things he had me ?that person would be a great power on the earth for jesus christ .God has told me to write 2 great men in the world .one he told me would die soon and needed to repent and get right with him .this was many years ago .i would not for many reasons .but now this man died about 6 months after the lord told me .i see things this man did on t.v. all the time .I wonder is this man in hell suffering because i would not obey .it bother me a lot .so i try hard not to fail him again .the other guy is alive .i sit down that night and wrote what the lord said .but never mailed it .i seached and seached for the letter but never could find it . but these 2 things have had a impact on me .as you can see ?I am not a good writter .worse than it looks even .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the