Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Spiritual Gifts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spiritual Gifts  (Read 18716 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2004, 09:16:44 AM »

Despite all the talk about "divine healings," the death rate has remained the same, one a piece.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2004, 09:18:28 AM »

A4C if you dont know dont waste a post,iam looking for answers.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2004, 09:22:55 AM »

A4C if you dont know dont waste a post,iam looking for answers.

I have given that answer many times, you dont want to believe it, sooooo you dont want to see it. And now I will stop wasteing my time with you.

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2004, 09:30:31 AM »

1 Corinthians 10
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

If you have answered what the perfect is iam sorry i missed it,from what i understand the perfect could mean the completion of the NT,or the second coming.Healing still happens how can you not see that?If God' Will permits it, it will be done not even you can stop that.

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2004, 10:05:33 AM »

All of the evidence indicates that the "perfection" which Paul described is our transformation from mortal, corruptible bodies to perfect, immortal, incorruptible bodies. There is no suggestion in any of these verses, nor anywhere else in Scripture, that the completed New Testament is the "perfection" which Paul spoke of.

Paul said that certain spiritual gifts will only cease when perfection comes, meaning that we will no longer need these gifts after we are raptured and we receive our perfect, glorified bodies. Since the Rapture has not yet happened, all of the gifts of the Spirit are still functioning in the body of Christ, including tongues. This means that God still wants us to be empowered by the Holy Spirit for our own personal ministries just as Jesus and the apostles and the early Christians were. There are no other passages anywhere in the New Testament which tell us that any gifts of the Spirit will ever "die out."

Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2004, 01:46:09 PM »

Just for you Gracey, The GIFTS enumerated in EPHESIANS 4:7-16, and that these alone are necessary for the building up of the Body of Christ.  

Gee, thanks I got my very own!   Grin  Grin  Grin

Hhmmm, would you explain this part to me, please?

the building up of the Body of Christ

the building up of the body of Christ... the church? (believers).

But, a prayer language has nothing to do with building up the "body of christ" it's a personal thing. An extraordinary communication between man and God, as is all prayer.

And before you ask, no I don't have a prayer language. I haven't asked for it either. But I do have spiritual gifts, others in my Chord of Three have a prayer language, the gift of prophecy and even the gift of healing.

After having seen my friend healed totally, completely, and fully and miraculously of cancer and, the doctor's amazement at the time of surgery, you will never convince me there is not a gift of healing. That gift was given to my friend to "increase my faith". It was a gift from God.

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
The Crusader
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2004, 06:10:35 AM »

QUESTION:

Many today insist on claiming the promises of  Israel. What relationship do we, the Body of Christ, have with the promises of Israel?

ANSWER:

Eph 2:11-13
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
NOTE CAREFULLY there are those who wish to claim Israel's promises, but they do NOT claim her curses. You can't have it both ways!!!

<Smiley))><
The Crusader
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2004, 06:24:45 AM »

Despite all the talk about "divine healings," the death rate has remained the same, one a piece.

True
The Crusader
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2004, 06:26:23 AM »

In accordance with Paul's teaching in I Corinthians 12-14, the temporary need for spiritual gifts that existed at the beginning of this dispensation has been superceded by the completion of the written word of God. The "perfect" written word of God now having come, spiritual gifts have been "done away."

Believe it or not, thats the bottom line.

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
<Smiley))><
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2004, 08:11:02 AM »

The "perfect" written word of God now having come, spiritual gifts have been "done away."

That presuposes you believe "The Perfect" to be the written Word of God....which I do not.

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
The Crusader
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2004, 09:01:24 AM »

The "perfect" written word of God now having come, spiritual gifts have been "done away."

That presuposes you believe "The Perfect" to be the written Word of God....which I do not.

Gracey

Thats your problem, not mine.  Grin
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2004, 10:27:43 AM »

All of the evidence indicates that the "perfection" which Paul described is our transformation from mortal, corruptible bodies to perfect, immortal, incorruptible bodies. There is no suggestion in any of these verses, nor anywhere else in Scripture, that the completed New Testament is the "perfection" which Paul spoke of.

Paul said that certain spiritual gifts will only cease when perfection comes, meaning that we will no longer need these gifts after we are raptured and we receive our perfect, glorified bodies. Since the Rapture has not yet happened, all of the gifts of the Spirit are still functioning in the body of Christ, including tongues. This means that God still wants us to be empowered by the Holy Spirit for our own personal ministries just as Jesus and the apostles and the early Christians were. There are no other passages anywhere in the New Testament which tell us that any gifts of the Spirit will ever "die out."

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2004, 05:15:37 PM »

jabez,

I saw youyr post where you confessed you do not believe Jesus is God.

You obviously do not possess the gift of FAITH them, nor discernment.

How come??, these are very basic gifts given to Christians.

Pray to God the Father that He give faith to believe, what His Spirit teaches...He will sthrengthen you and help you in your unbelief..

Anyhow..............with regard to theat which is  "Perfect"

I have been working on this for quite sometime, although I am not absolutely positively sure of it exactly ,  what I am sure of is that it pertains to each individual member of the body, it is not something or someone else.

I said this somewhere, I forget if it was here, on this forum, but it seems to me, “the perfect” as spoken of in 1 Cor 14, is when faith is made sight for each believer, or in simpler terms; when FAITH in such a one that he has entered into maturity, and can see the real and not just the shadow of the real

I say this, and  would use the men of  FAITH listed at Heb 11, as examples.

It says at verse  13;

All these people were still living by faith when they died.  They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed from a distance.  NIV

They saw them by FAITH, while they lived by FAITH...and embraced them.

Now we know why the word says;  The just shall live by faith, ............... from faith to faith.

When and if we come to this place, all our arguing and kicking at the pricks will cease.

Are we there,  ............. yet??

PS  I don’t care that much for the NIV, yet it helps me, to see things clearer in the modern english...

God Bless,

Petro

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2004, 05:27:12 PM »

Sorry, the verse in question is at 1 Cor 13:10.

But just to make the point I failed to make, is that this scripture cannot be speaking of the eternal life, because, in its setting, it goes to say, that whenit comes that which known in part shall be done away with.

These men of Faith at Heb 11, new and understood perfectly, that is why they were able to go living looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher oftheir FAITH.

If you don't think this is so, read verses 26 to Heb 12:2.

But what makes this more clearer is verse 11-12 at Chapter 13 of 1 Cor.

Blessings,

Petro

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2004, 10:45:37 AM »

Petro

I know you read that thread,but did you read it all?

1 Corinthians13:10
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

The Perfect has not come yet.Are you saying Paul knew there was going to be a NT as we know it?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the