Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  HAAALLLLEEEELLLUUUJJJAAAHHH!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HAAALLLLEEEELLLUUUJJJAAAHHH!!!  (Read 9086 times)
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2003, 10:17:13 AM »

Ephesians 6:1-4

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2003, 10:39:57 AM »

Ephesians 6:1-4

Oklahoma Howdy to Jabez,

Thanks Brother. This is one of many beautiful portions of Scripture for Christian families. I give thanks for my Godly parents.

In Christ,
Tom

AAAAmember

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2003, 01:51:22 PM »

A new low for me?  Ha!

Did I say "Allinall's child is stupid for believing in Jesus?"  Did I say that?  NO.  I simply wondered if her daughter was old enough to understand her decision.  I certainly knew nothing about the world when I was 5...or 9...or 13...or 16...and even at the age of 18, I still know that I know very little about the world.  However, I made the "choice" to become agnostic over a long period of time...and that "choice" means more to me because it was not forced upon me by my parents or anyone else.  It was my choice, and my beliefs.  All that I believe is because *I* believe it, not because I was forced to or tricked into it.

Now I'm not saying Allinall forced her daughter into becoming Christian (if I did say that, I'd surely be attacked!!!).  I'm just asking her *why* she thinks her daughter has said these things.  Was it because she really and truly made the mature decision to become Christian, or was it because she knew her mom wanted her to be a Christian so badly?  No child deliberately wants to disappoint their parents.

Censor me if you wish, BEP.  I don't believe what I said was a low.  I just think it's hypocritical that when a five year old decides to become Christian, it's a wonderful thing (AND I'M NOT SAYING IT'S NOT), but if that same child were to make any other decision, it would be terrible and she would be "too young to make a decision like that".

Just some things to think about.

Respectfully,
~AAAA

PS - Allinall, this is not a personal attack on you or on your family in any way.  Thank you.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2003, 08:44:07 PM »

Roll Eyes
AAAAmember

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2003, 10:03:29 PM »

I can tell you put some thought into that reply, Symph.

~AAAA
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2003, 10:24:10 PM »

Is five years old an age where a child could accept Christianity as their own personal religion?  Or is it an age where the child simply wants to make their parents happy so they say "I'm saved" just to earn praise?

Not to criticize...I'm just making a point.  Wouldn't it be more rewarding if your daughter had come to her own decision to accept Christ?

~AAAA

This is actually the best time-no skepticism or large sins to conquer. Adults have a harder time having the childlike faith Jesus requires in Matthew 19:13-15 and Matthew 18:1-9.

I was younger than this when I came to Christ.

admin
Administrator

or don't grow at all!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2003, 11:22:12 PM »

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. Luke 18:17
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2003, 12:36:24 AM »

AAA,

Ok.  I just want to set one thing straight...I am not a she.  I am a he.  I am her father.  Ok.  Now I feel better.  

Seriously though, as for my daughter's decision towards Christianity, that's the beauty of it!  She didn't decide to be a christian - she decided to obey God's calling of her to repentance for her sins.  She recognized this on her own.  Not from my demands.  From my teaching?  Yes.  Furthermore, she claimed to have already made this decision earlier, but I didn't believe it.  Why?  Because she had no understanding of what she was saying.  She was parroting what she'd been taught in Sunday School.  And there were no fruits in her life to prove this.  Now, there is an understanding of what her sin means, and what the price of her sin cost her Savior.  She understands.

What's more, she even has an impressive discernment already!  Her first question to her mother after she was saved was if she made a mistake, that she didn't need to be saved again.  We had never discussed that once before.  I know her teachers and their lessons, and am certain that was never brought up.  She knew.  She understood.

Do you know what I find most heartbreaking at this point AAA?  It's that she understands at five, and you still do not.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2003, 10:38:04 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

Brother, I give thanks for Godly parents like you. I reflect on 25 years of seeing drug and alcohol addiction in children as young as 8, dead or maimed teens in gang fights, and young people who seemed to be determined to spend most of their lives in prison. There was a common denominator, they didn't have Jesus in their hearts.

It is more than Biblical to share Jesus and the Holy Bible with your children. It is also more than the duty of Christian parents to bring up a child in the ways of THE LORD. It's a matter of care and love.

Thanks for sharing this precious event with us. These are times of joy that give encouragement to all of God's children.

In Christ,
Tom

AAAAmember

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2003, 11:40:21 AM »

AAA,  Ok.  I just want to set one thing straight...I am not a she.  I am a he.  I am her father.  Ok.  Now I feel better.

Oops!!  I apologize for the oversight.  I know I get annoyed when people refer to me as "he".  I think it's because your name looks like "Allison"...sorry.  By the way, it's AAAAmember, with 4 A's. Wink

I just have one question...did your daughter really have a choice?  No.  Her only choice was to become Christian.  No five year old wants to dissapoint their parents.  She may understand your teachings, but she had no other choice.

I'm sorry you find it heartbreaking that I do not "understand".  I'm quite at peace with the fact that I do not understand more of the deeper things in life...I'm still learning and growing, and able to admit that I *don't* know everything (*ahem*).  

Now...which is more dangerous?  An 18 year old who admits that she has much to learn, or someone who claims to already know it all?

~AAAA
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2003, 07:22:32 PM »

AAA, hehe, "American Automobile Association".  Sorry.  Couldn't resist.

Yes, that's a start, A4.

Now that we've admitted that we don't know everything(hehe), the next step IS TO ADMIT THAT I AM A SINNER! (Whoa, settle down here symphony).

("Ahem* Did you get that, A4?)

That is, of course, if we ARE a sinner(hehe, just try denying that one in front of all your friends--OR your family, hehe--OR, the IRS-- Lips Sealed).

(And, um, while we're at this, we might tell bep that what he wrote there is very beautiful, and appropriate... and Admin's verse...and whitehorse's "...no...large sins to conquer..." Cool)...

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2003, 11:07:35 PM »

AAAA (sorry bout the missed "A"  Smiley ),

Yes, she did have a choice.  How?  Because I never pushed it on her.  Only prayed for her and even, at times, held her back if I felt she was making it to please me and not to chose God.  That's the point.  You see it as "christianity."  She sees it as Christ.  She chose obedience to Christ - not to please daddy.  How can I so certainly state this aside from my own personal faith in Christ?  Because pleasing daddy, is not something every child strives for!  I'm not saying that they don't try, but I am saying that it isn't their first inclination.  The first inclination is to please self.  If it were otherwise, I wouldn't have to discipline her when she runs out idly into the street to play - oblivious of oncoming traffic.  Regardless, the decision was hers, and I am blessed to have treated the heritage of the LORD'S rightly.  Smiley

Now...which is more dangerous?  An 18 year old who admits that she has much to learn, or someone who claims to already know it all?

The person who claims to know all, because that person cannot be taught.  Here's another problem.  You tend, or at least seem to think that an individual who claims the sufficiency of scripture to mean that they feel that they know all.  I in no way feel this to be true.  I feel that I have all that pertains to life in the bible.  I just have a life-time of learning to go through gleaning those truths.  Will I ever have it all?  Nope!  But what a journey in getting there!  What's more, I now have a daughter who can take that journey with me.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2003, 11:14:21 PM »

Tom,

That encourages me greatly brother!  Thank you for your support, and remember that it is God Who works in us to will and to do His good pleasure.   Smiley

In Christ,

Kevin

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2003, 01:45:04 AM »

That a better pic Symph?

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2003, 02:30:18 AM »

That a better pic Symph?

Been spending some time in the tanning salon eh?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the