Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:22:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Intolerance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intolerance  (Read 3490 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2003, 09:41:09 PM »

Stop being so arrogant and condescending by assuming you know everything about the "poor, angry, uneducated atheists".  

~AAAA

AAAA,

The thread title is intolerance. Are you lashing out at God, the person who mentioned God, or both? I didn't see your name in the post or even a casual hint that anyone could be referring to you. Are you feeling convicted about something?

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2003, 09:46:23 PM »

In response to Ebia, I was responding to Ollie's statement about people's ignorance about goodness.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2003, 09:50:58 PM »

Yes, isn't it interesting that those who are "free thinkers', atheists, homosexuals, and such, will tolerate anything that is evil. Their mantra is "Choice" and "who am I or you to judge another".

Yet, espouse a Christian Worldview and all hell breaks loose.

Could it be because that their father is the devil?

Psalm 119

Oklahoma Howdy to Psalm 119,

I think that you just unraveled a great mystery with your post. However, I bet they won't thank you for it. It's far too logical, simple, and true, so they will wish to shoot the messenger.

In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2003, 09:56:14 PM »

Maybe it's because the people who claim to represent God so often come across as selfish, bigotted, narrow-minded science-fearing sadoes.

Ebia,

Just wondering, do you represent or belong to God? I can't tell, so I thought I would ask.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2003, 09:58:35 PM »

Just wondering, do you represent or belong to God? I can't tell, so I thought I would ask.
I try to (not necessarly very well), and yes, in that order.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2003, 10:04:53 PM »

I don't hear the Holy Spirit in you, at all, Ebia. Born again Christians are recognized by their fruits. Your fruits have been name-calling, insults and personal attacks. Those are not fruits of the spirit. I have received many wonderful e-mails from Christians on this board thanking me for my Godly responses.  I'd like to hear one Godly response from you.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2003, 10:09:44 PM »

I don't hear the Holy Spirit in you, at all, Ebia. Born again Christians are recognized by their fruits. Your fruits have been name-calling, insults and personal attacks. Those are not fruits of the spirit. I have received many wonderful e-mails from Christians on this board thanking me for my Godly responses.  I'd like to hear one Godly response from you.
Thinking logically is unGodly now is it?
Attacking faulty logic is not attacking a person.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2003, 10:26:05 PM »

Actually I don't agree that thinking logically is ungodly. The truth has NO contradictions. God's logic is perfect. There is a huge difference between human logic and God's logic. Human logic exists to perpetuate our own beliefs whether or not they're true. Human logic comes purely from what we understand. Without the holy Spirit, we are incapable of understanding God's logic. With the holy Spirit, God's logic makes perfect sense. That's why atheists have such a hard time understanding God's logic. Human logic is narrow and linear.

And you have attacked people. I'm still awaiting a loving response from you.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2003, 10:47:12 PM »

Actually I don't agree that thinking logically is ungodly. The truth has NO contradictions. God's logic is perfect. There is a huge difference between human logic and God's logic.
If the logic available to us is flawed, then there is no point having this or any other discussion.

God, on the other hand, doesn't need logic if he already knows everything.

Human logic exists to perpetuate our own beliefs whether or not they're true. Human logic comes purely from what we understand.
You don't seem to understand logic at all.  While our assumptions are both limited and flawed, the process of reasoning (logic) should (in theory) be perfect.  Outside of pure maths that isn't possible, but we can strive towards it.  The logic itself isn't subject to understanding, what is subject to understanding is the starting assumptions and, therefore, the conclusion(s).

Without the holy Spirit, we are incapable of understanding God's logic.
Tosh.  It's either logical or it isn't.  Being a Christian doesn't make me a better mathematician.

With the holy Spirit, God's logic makes perfect sense.
What you mean is, that with the Holy Spirit we are (should be) willing to accept more without logic (faith), and have a better understanding of the "assumptions" from which we can deduce.

That's why atheists have such a hard time understanding God's logic. Human logic is narrow and linear.
This is nothing but a cop-out.  "I'm right and you're wrong - but you don't have the Holy Spirit so I can't even explain why you are wrong"

And you have attacked people. I'm still awaiting a loving response from you.
where?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2003, 12:34:51 AM »

Ebia,

Your answer still leaves me with, "I can't tell", so I'll ask a more direct question.

Have you accepted Jesus Christ into your heart as your personal LORD and SAVIOUR, LORD over your life?

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2003, 03:13:34 AM »

Ebia,

Your answer still leaves me with, "I can't tell", so I'll ask a more direct question.

Have you accepted Jesus Christ into your heart as your personal LORD and SAVIOUR, LORD over your life?
Yes.

I'm not trying to be evasive, really.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2003, 09:49:53 AM »

Ebia, I typed a long answer to you post but as usual, my computer froze up and i couldn't post it. I don't want to type it again but I disagree with all of your arguments.

1. People still converse with each other if they agree on premises even if those premises are not true. The Nazi's agreed with Htiler's logic even though his logic was irrational.

God's logic is perfect because he has a specific plan that has to be carried out in a certain way, down to the last dotted i. Just because we humans may not understand His logic doesn't mean it isn't logical. Our assumptions can change once we receive the Holy Spirit. What once seemd impossible with our logic now seems possible. For example, the idea that Methusela lived 900 years seems impossible in human logic. But who knows if the atmospheric conditions weren't different thousands of years ago? Maybe there was less pollution and disease, less bacteria, etc. What we humans do is project our understanding of the world today into the past. That is a narrow perception of the world. Our "knowledge" of today changs as fast as "scientists" change their minds.

How does being a better mathematician going to make one understand god better?

As I explained before, without the Holy Spirit, man has a limited notion of what is possible and what isn't. Therefore atheists's understanding is limited.

I'm surprised you don't see the power of the Holy Spirit, being a born again Christian. It's like night and day. I trust people who have the holy Spirit in them more than i trust people who don't because the Holy Spirit is called the spirit of truth by Christ...unless you don't believe His words.

You have made some remark about someone's brain and have attacked character. If you really want to see, go back to all your responses.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2003, 12:32:10 AM »

Ebia, I typed a long answer to you post but as usual, my computer froze up and i couldn't post it. I don't want to type it again but I disagree with all of your arguments.

1. People still converse with each other if they agree on premises even if those premises are not true. The Nazi's agreed with Htiler's logic even though his logic was irrational.

God's logic is perfect because he has a specific plan that has to be carried out in a certain way, down to the last dotted i.
To be honest, I suspect that logic is a construction that only applies within creation - ie it's part of creation - and so to talk about the logic of God is nonsensical.  But of course, such would be impossible to prove or disprove.

Just because we humans may not understand His logic doesn't mean it isn't logical.

Perfectly true.

Our assumptions can change once we receive the Holy Spirit.

Hopefully should if not must change.

What once seemd impossible with our logic now seems possible.

To the point that it depended on the initial [invalid] assumptions.

For example, the idea that Methusela lived 900 years seems impossible in human logic. But who knows if the atmospheric conditions weren't different thousands of years ago? Maybe there was less pollution and disease, less bacteria, etc.
We can actually measure such things.  Your idea of science is so nieve I can hardly believe it.

What we humans do is project our understanding of the world today into the past. That is a narrow perception of the world. Our "knowledge" of today changs as fast as "scientists" change their minds.
See above.  Scientists frequently alter the detail, to an increasing degree of precision, but some ideas are so well attested by scores of independent sources of evidence that the chance of them being substantially wrong is vanishingly small.

How does being a better mathematician going to make one understand god better?

As I explained before, without the Holy Spirit, man has a limited notion of what is possible and what isn't. Therefore atheists's understanding is limited.

Thats a cop-out that you can use to justify anything.

I'm surprised you don't see the power of the Holy Spirit, being a born again Christian. It's like night and day. I trust people who have the holy Spirit in them more than i trust people who don't because the Holy Spirit is called the spirit of truth by Christ...unless you don't believe His words.
I do trust the power of the Holy Spirit, but the evidence I have is that in many areas the reasoning of groups that include non-Christians is also reliable.  I don't expect a Christian to do substantially better at telling me what time my train is going to leave in the morning than the bloke in the kiosk.

You have made some remark about someone's brain and have attacked character. If you really want to see, go back to all your responses.
I apologised for that.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 12:33:01 AM by ebia » Logged

VNB

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2003, 02:29:31 AM »

Yes, isn't it interesting that those who are "free thinkers', atheists, homosexuals, and such, will tolerate anything that is evil. Their mantra is "Choice" and "who am I or you to judge another".

What a ludicrous assertion. Do you really believe that.?

Elijah

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2003, 04:43:20 AM »

What a ludicrous assertion. Do you really believe that.?

I sometimes do  Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the