Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:45:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Intolerance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intolerance  (Read 3457 times)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2003, 05:01:21 AM »

Why is it the ones always screaming the loudest for tolerance are always the most intolerant?

Why is it the accusers are usually the ones guilty of what they accuse others of?

Support your local Christian.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 01:20:43 PM »

Human nature.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 01:58:57 PM »

Human nature.
Yes, that is probably true.
However the base nature of humans can be overcome and turned around toward a better way. Ones heart has to want to do it. If not the down side of human nature can prevail.

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 02:32:48 PM »

The heart is desparately wicked who can know it.

Circumscion of the flesh was a shadow of the circumscion God had in mind when teaching the children of Israel.

The apostle Paul wrote this in;

Rom 2
29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Intolerance then is the selfish nature of man, manifesting itself by the works of the heart which has not been cuircumcised in the spirit.

It is really a new heart and spirit.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.  (Eze 36:26)

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 03:22:33 PM »

The things we hate in others are the things we hate in ourselves. As Christians, we feel forgiven for the things we hate in ourselves so we can forgive others. The people who don't have the forgiveness of God are left with having to project their hatred onto others. Accusers are convicted and without forgiveness have to lash out at others. They then also hate the ones who do have forgiveness because they don't have it in themselves. This infuriates them even more and they have nothing to but unleash their fury at others. It's really very sad because all they have to do is ask for forgiveness from God but their proud nature keeps them from doing that.
AAAAmember

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 05:36:42 PM »

Heidi - stop with the generalizations.  

Please read the above sentence 54 times.  Thank you.  Maybe then it will have been able to penetrate at least a LITTLE into your head.

Stop being so arrogant and condescending by assuming you know everything about the "poor, angry, uneducated atheists".  

~AAAA
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 05:40:13 PM »

Jesus made a lot of generalizations. What i said is either true or it isn't. I have opinions and I'm entitled to them. If it doesn't fit you, ignore it.
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 05:45:37 PM »

Yes, isn't it interesting that those who are "free thinkers', atheists, homosexuals, and such, will tolerate anything that is evil. Their mantra is "Choice" and "who am I or you to judge another".

Yet, espouse a Christian Worldview and all hell breaks loose.

Could it be because that their father is the devil?

Psalm 119
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2003, 05:47:48 PM »

Petro, Heidi,

Good posts, Thanks. It was a pleasure to read and learn of your thoughts about my thoughts.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2003, 07:56:36 PM »

Yes, isn't it interesting that those who are "free thinkers', atheists, homosexuals, and such, will tolerate anything that is evil. Their mantra is "Choice" and "who am I or you to judge another".

Yet, espouse a Christian Worldview and all hell breaks loose.

Could it be because that their father is the devil?

Psalm 119

Why are so many people bigoted against the goodness and love of God? Is it ignorance? Any one that knows the truth of God could never be intolerant or bigoted towards His truth and His true people, also trying to reflect through their lives this goodness and love.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2003, 08:12:42 PM »

Why are so many people bigoted against the goodness and love of God? Is it ignorance? Any one that knows the truth of God could never be intolerant or bigoted towards His truth and His true people, also trying to reflect through their lives this goodness and love.
Maybe it's because the people who claim to represent God so often come across as selfish, bigotted, narrow-minded science-fearing sadoes.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2003, 08:19:55 PM »

Maybe it's because the people who claim to represent God so often come across as selfish, bigotted, narrow-minded science-fearing sadoes.
I said God's true people not the psuedo-christian hypocrites.
If you know God's word the difference can be detected immedietely. It does seem to be ignorance that creates bigotry against God's truth and true people.

Galatians 5:16.  This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
 17.  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
 18.  But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
 19.  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
 20.  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
 21.  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
 22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
 23.  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
 24.  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25.  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
 26.  Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 08:29:20 PM by ollie » Logged

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2003, 08:33:48 PM »

I said God's true people not the psuedo-christian hypocrites.
And how, exactly, is the unbeliever going to tell the difference.  The view they will see as representing God is that of the "Christians" who shout the loudest.
If you know God's word the difference can be detected immedietely.
"It takes one to know one"? Grin

The fact is that it shouldn't - it should be self evident in how we behave.  But it clearly isn't.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2003, 08:58:58 PM »

The reason people don't know gooness is that they don't see that they are not good inside. Jesus said "No one is good but God alone." We all do things to glorify ourselves. We try to extract love from others by making ourselves look intelligent, seeking recognition, fame, power, whatever we want to make us look good in the eyes of others. Even helping others is done to make us look caring. The ones who say that isn't true are saying it to make them look good. We are all riddled with selfishness. But it isn't until we admit these things and accept forgiveness from God, that we can do things to glorify God instead of ourselves.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2003, 09:25:40 PM »

The reason people don't know gooness is that they don't see that they are not good inside. Jesus said "No one is good but God alone." We all do things to glorify ourselves. We try to extract love from others by making ourselves look intelligent, seeking recognition, fame, power, whatever we want to make us look good in the eyes of others. Even helping others is done to make us look caring. The ones who say that isn't true are saying it to make them look good. We are all riddled with selfishness. But it isn't until we admit these things and accept forgiveness from God, that we can do things to glorify God instead of ourselves.
True, but how does this affect the discussion?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the