Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:37:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Papal Address Confirming Evolution
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Papal Address Confirming Evolution  (Read 20834 times)
sunodino

People get ready, there's a train a comin' !

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2003, 02:18:23 AM »

Tibby, ebia, et al - SNIDErs -  ???This is not WWJD

Oh no? He had no problem telling people they were a brood of Viper. He happily throw out those who cheapened his temple with a whip. You want a peaceful role model, go for Gandhi. This is Jesus we are talking about. The man who was so intense about what he believed that he sweat blood. This is the man who never said a word while he was brutally whipped! What would Jesus do? Jesus would die for the worlds sins! DO NOT Tell me to do what Jesus would do until you have died on the cross for the world, ok? If you don’t like this “war” that is taking place, then don’t be a party to it, don’t post on this thread.
Jesus was sinless, he had the right, he was also gracious in his teachings- now you??? hmmm   Grin

As for the Catholic church Discouraging the bible, I’d suggest you not believe everything someone tells you. Why should there be bibles in the pews? First of my, my church doesn’t have pews, we have linking chairs with on pockets on the back. Where do you want US to keep Bibles? Secondly, It isn’t scriptural for us to have bibles in the pews. It isn’t scriptural for us to have pews! Thirdly, the Preacher READS the bible verse to you, anyways. And Finally, why are you so lazy that you can’t drag your own copy up to church? I don’t know about you, Heidi, but I would rather have my copy at church.
muy stupido

from ebia...
In this thread I'm not siding with non-Christians - I'm siding with a Catholic Christian.
If it's true on average there could be any number of reasons, for example:
4.  Christians on this board are not representative of the wider Christian world.
SAYS WHO?
5.  I forgot to check-in my brain when I signed up
etc
Not a problem, there is still time....(you are probably nicer without it)

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2003, 02:54:59 AM »

4.  Christians on this board are not representative of the wider Christian world.

SAYS WHO?
Me, I guess.  It was offered as a possible explanation.  Whether or not it is true isn't the point

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2003, 07:50:25 AM »

I think ebia is right, for better or for worse. Evangelical Protestants, or 'born-again Christians', though they are very vocal, and very active on the internet, are a minority in the Christian world at large. The vast majority of Christians are only dimly aware of the controversies that seem to obsess white North American Protestant Evangelicals.
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2003, 08:31:05 AM »

do Catholics still use the confession box?If so why?

Here is a link to an article from the Catholic Encyclopedia that will answer your question.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11618c.htm

I odnt understand this?..

Finally, the confession is made not in the secrecy of the penitent's heart nor to a layman as friend and advocate, nor to a representative of human authority, but to a duly ordained priest with requisite jurisdiction and with the "power of the keys", i.e., the power to forgive sins which Christ granted to His Church.

What does that say?The preist can forgive sins?Also ive always thought there was no meteator between man and GOD.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2003, 10:07:50 AM »

Sunodino, again your replies are EXCELLENT and i again sense that they are coming from the Spirit rather than a doctrine. Jesus indeed spoke firmly, boldly and sometimes harshly because it was out of love. How people respond to those words is their responsibility.

Jesus prophesied that the majority of "professed" Christians would outnumber  the born again Christians and of course, this has again shown itself to be true. Christ said the the ONLY kind of Christian is a born again Christian so the other people who profess to be Christians don't know God. Those are Jesus's words, not mine. If people have a problem with them, take it up with Christ, not me. After all, we are all told to be more Christ-like. One has to know what Christ was like before one can "attempt" to fall in His footsteps. People who are more Christ'-like will simply be persecuted by unbelievers, which also seems to include some Catholics on this board. They think Christ was "nice" all the time and said what they want to hear. I am a sinner and will always be a sinner. But I believe EVERY single word that Christ said was true. The ones who haven't read His words, need to read them to find out what they're for or against.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2003, 10:38:08 AM »

Tibby, ebia, et al - SNIDErs -  ???This is not WWJD

Oh no? He had no problem telling people they were a brood of Viper. He happily throw out those who cheapened his temple with a whip. You want a peaceful role model, go for Gandhi. This is Jesus we are talking about. The man who was so intense about what he believed that he sweat blood. This is the man who never said a word while he was brutally whipped! What would Jesus do? Jesus would die for the worlds sins! DO NOT Tell me to do what Jesus would do until you have died on the cross for the world, ok? If you don’t like this “war” that is taking place, then don’t be a party to it, don’t post on this thread.
Jesus was sinless, he had the right, he was also gracious in his teachings- now you??? hmmm   Grin

A tad snide, there, Sumodino. WWJD?, Wink On a more serous note, that is exactly my point. You can’t compare us to Jesus. We has “sinless.” Have for helping me prove my point

As for the Catholic church Discouraging the bible, I’d suggest you not believe everything someone tells you. Why should there be bibles in the pews? First of my, my church doesn’t have pews, we have linking chairs with on pockets on the back. Where do you want US to keep Bibles? Secondly, It isn’t scriptural for us to have bibles in the pews. It isn’t scriptural for us to have pews! Thirdly, the Preacher READS the bible verse to you, anyways. And Finally, why are you so lazy that you can’t drag your own copy up to church? I don’t know about you, Heidi, but I would rather have my copy at church.
muy stupido

So, we have resorted to Spanish insults as a way of arguing now? Anyways, why an I “muy stupido”?  Because I don’t believe a church is required to pay money to spend on 1 bible per person, when most of the people have bibles laying at home anyways, when that money could be spend helping the poor, helping those who NEED IT. Let people starve to death, let them die in 3rd world countries, but God forbid our church goers have to care 2-4 lbs book. Judge a church by what’s in the heart, not what in the pews.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2003, 11:10:09 AM »

It's from my own experience, and what people have told me about their experiences about the lack of encouragement to read the bible in the Catholic church. If you have experiences about the church encouraging bible reading, please enlighten us. I'd like to know. Your previous posts on what the Catholic church does endorse have only re-enforced my belief that it is not coming from the Spirit, but instead their own dogma. That is just my opinion.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2003, 11:26:48 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I'm positive that God looks at the heart of the individual, not the name or denomination of the church that individual attends. God is the sole judge on this matter in what HE sees or what HE doesn't see.

I'm also positive that God isn't very impressed with all of the names and tags man has devised to label themselves with. God would probably consider many of these tags and labels to be the vanity and foolishness of mankind.

God wouldn't ask if these tags or labels meant that the individual has Jesus in the heart as their personal Lord and Saviour. Many of these tags and labels mean different things to different people, so they really have become a matter of confusion. In fact, every person may have a different definition of what the tags, labels, and descriptions mean. This confusion extends far beyond the denominational tag or label.

As an example, how many definitions and opinions might we get if someone asked "what is a Fundamentalist, Legalist, Dispensationalist, etc., etc., etc.?" We might get as many answers and variations if someone asked, "what does a Baptist, Church of Christ, Pentecostal, Catholic, Non-Denominational, etc., etc., etc., believe?" I think the end result is the same, God looks on the heart of the individual, not their label or tag. These labels or tags will not exist in heaven, and they will mean absolutely nothing.

In Christ,
Tom

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2003, 11:40:49 AM »

What bothers me, though, BEP, is how these labels and tags can actually KEEP people from coming to Christ. There are people who have been chosen to receive the Holy Spirit in some of these churches. The ones who are led to spread the Good News to them will do so. But in order for these people to receive the Holy Spirit, they first have to know what salvation is. If it's not coming from their church, then it has to come from outside the church. Unfortunately, that might be my ministry. I say "unfortunately" because tyring to get through all these labels and tags to a person's heart is very difficult because they have been indoctinated by labels and tags.
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2003, 12:09:40 PM »

If that is your 'ministry', Heidi, why are you wasting your time here, badgering one poor Catholic who has clearly rejected your message (whatever it is)? Wouldn't your time doing the Lord's work be much better spent on other forums where there are more than one or two Catholics? I mean there are forums where what you have to say will be read by hundreds of Catholics. I already gave you a list of Catholic forums, think of it! Your message can be heard by Catholics numbering in the thousands! Why wait? Start now.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2003, 12:12:05 PM by Knox » Logged
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2003, 12:14:14 PM »

Knox, How do you know I don't? Besides, people who take the time to come to this forum are seeking, including you, even though you might now know it. The ones who are being drawn by God are the ones whom God has chosen. (Christ's words).
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2003, 01:14:06 PM »

Knox, How do you know I don't? Besides, people who take the time to come to this forum are seeking, including you, even though you might now know it. The ones who are being drawn by God are the ones whom God has chosen. (Christ's words).

Well actually I hope you aren't posting on other forums too. 346 posts in two weeks! You claim to be happily married, with children. Where would you get the time to post on other forums? Where do you get the time to make all these posts here? Why are you here, anyway? You're not seeking. You've shown time and again that you really pay scant attention to what other people say. You rarely if ever have anything positive or uplifting to say. How did you spend your days before you discovered Christians Unite, anyway?
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2003, 01:48:24 PM »

Knox, I'm here because in the last month, witnessing has become my most important, though difficult goal in life. Before that I spent my time writing screenplays, playing the piano, volunteering in the community, being with my famity, etc. Most of my chief interests were in glorifying myself. Now, it is spreading Gods' word. The internet is a wonderful place to reach a large group of people who are interested in this topic. My husband works during the day and when he is at home, we are always interacting while I'm not online. I go online when he is busy. My son likes to skateboard and be with his friends. When he is home, we also interact.

You have said that you are here simply because you like to debate. I'm trying to show you that debate for debate's sake is a waste of time. You will get no answers because you don't believe in the Holy Spirit which is behind the Christian answers you do get. So if you don't believe our answers, you can't learn anything new. I'm here to spread God's words. You're here to debate the answers given you. (your words) Who's wasting time?
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2003, 01:53:27 PM »

Knox, I might be mixing you up with someguy. One of you said you were here to debate. If I am, I greatly apologize. There have been so many posts that it's hard for me to keep track of who said what. Again, if you didn't say that, i greatly apologize. In any case, if you are here to look for answers, please look to God for them. He is the only one who can give them to you. If you aren't here for answers, could you tell us why you are here? Thank you.
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2003, 03:36:54 PM »

Knox, I might be mixing you up with someguy. One of you said you were here to debate. If I am, I greatly apologize. There have been so many posts that it's hard for me to keep track of who said what. Again, if you didn't say that, i greatly apologize. In any case, if you are here to look for answers, please look to God for them. He is the only one who can give them to you. If you aren't here for answers, could you tell us why you are here? Thank you.

I don't know why you would apologize for that, Heidi. You have yet to acknowledge my repeated requests that you stop calling me an atheist. The fact that you can't tell one poster from another is not looking good for you. At the very least you could see whose name is on the post you are responding to. If you cared. I don't believe that you are witnessing at all. I think you are just another self-absorbed internet junkie.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the